Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
My dad said he read you can be charged but it’ll be refunded. That’s stupid if not as we would not have changed the flights if the website didn’t say they were cancelled so it’s completely their fault? I don’t see how we can be blamed in the slightest as we were trying to check in and were unable as they said they were cancelled. If you’d we that the obviously you’d do something about it? Also you’d do it asap as you’d want to make sure you get another flight?
Have you spoken to them at all? If you’ve paid by credit card you can try to get your money back via the card company.

Miss polar

VIP Member
I'm visiting Rhodes in August and Valletta in September. I've been to Rhodes before but it will be my first time in Valletta. Has anyone been and where did you stay? The hotel reviews on google are not really promising. Most hotels are near nightlife and it is very busy and loud at night.
Hi. We were in

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
When it said you could change the flights free of charge did you screen shot that? And if it said that then why did you then pay the additional £320 - if you thought it was a free change of flight?
No because we where following their instructions so had no reason to doubt the website. We paid it as we thought it would be refunded or no charge actually taken. My dad thought he had read that it said you may be charged and refunded after.
They are saying as we didn’t get an email they weren’t cancelled but we couldn’t check in and the only two options were to rebook for free or refund otherwise we’d have checked in as we wanted to do when we logged in.

Greentea12

Heading to Tossa De Mar in a couple of weeks. I haven't been before so any tips or recommendations are appreciated.

Notsotypical

Chatty Member
Wales (snowdon) for half term next week
Spain for two weeks over Easter was supposed to go in 2020
Hopefully the Far East end of July with extended family 🤞🤞

Lonewolf

VIP Member
Sorry me again 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

I've asked this before but I can't find the post can anyone help me please with a rough idea what to pack clothes wise for single mum & teenage son going turkey for a week also sharing 1 big case with a 22kg allowance??

I'm so overwhelmed and stressed I've got too much 😩😭

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I usually go on holiday with them so it’s awkward to go with someone else - although I want to go alone but they’d be annoyed if I did that. So my plan is to go with them and then go alone as well - that’s why I’m looking for a not so expensive holiday with them! But it’s seeming impossible
That’s ridiculous. What is the relationship between the two of you??

Lonewolf

VIP Member
Swimwear for each day
2 x cover ups/sarongs etc
2 x PJs/nightwear
1 x pool towel
Underwear for each day
Then selection of “day” outfits like loose fit throw on dresses/shorts and tops etc
Same for evening wear - maybe a bit nicer for going to dinner etc
Flip flops/sandals & comfy trainers if you plan on walking/doing activities
Thank you so much 👍 😊 feel alot better now not so overwhelmed!

JulesC

VIP Member
Has anyone flown out of Manchester airport recently? Is it as bad as they are making out on the news?! Due to fly on 23rd April for our first holiday abroad with our toddler and going to see family, some of whom we haven’t seen for 3 years so really hoping firstly that we make our flight and secondly the airport isn’t stressful - I get stressed enough at airports without all this craziness!

JulesC

VIP Member
Apparently it depends on which terminal you’re flying from. Terminal 2 is meant to be the worst, my friend is flying tomorrow so I’ll let you know what she says, but another friend flies next week and has been told to go through security at terminal 1 but to go through a T3 gate according to the airports website.
You’ve got a few weeks so it may well be calm by then, it’s a shortage of staff I believe in addition to extra checks for covid.
Fast track is available but they keep taking it off sale too so that could be worth looking at
Thank you, will definitely be good to hear what your friend’s experience is. We’re Terminal 1, I actually thought Terminal 3 was closed but will keep an eye out for updates on gates etc.

I looked into fast track but it’s not available at the time we fly (flight is 6am). I’m hoping that as it’s an early flight the airport might not be as busy but someone I work with got there at 3:30am for a 6am flight last week and didn’t make his flight. Also hoping it won’t be as bad as it’s the weekend after Easter when we fly out so not the busiest time.

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
i just meant because so many on the thread have mentioned it - is it a really popular travel destination in the uk?
I know what you meant, I was just saying, cause lots of people like it 😃

Yeah it is a really popular travel destination for us in the UK. A few places in the USA are for us in the UK I guess. :)

cococookie

Chatty Member
I'm off to the Maldives in September....postponed from 2020! ....works out very well as it's our 35th Wedding Anniversary when we're there! ....we've pushed the boat out and flying business class with Qatar
We first went to Maldives in 2019 and fell in love with it.....we stayed on a tiny island (Kandolhu) with only 30 villas and felt totally spoiled and felt as if it was our very own private island ....the marine life is amazing and there were several resident turtles on the reef...the water is incredible- so clear and turquoise and warm!
We first went to The Indian Ocean for our 30th Wedding anniversary and went to a couple of the islands in The Seychelles archipelago which were also incredible but I think The Maldives are just so very special and the seaplane arrival is something else!
This sounds amazing, hope I can go one day! 😍

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Just not sure on the answer so figured best to ask here - I’m going away this week - I take a few bits of prescribed medication and then some vitamins/supplements that I take, I normally put all my medicine in one of them medicine boxes for each day. Can I take this in my hold luggage in the box or do I need to take it in the original packaging or in my hand luggage in a clear bag?

Shinythings

VIP Member
We’re staying at Eden Roc Resort, which is in Kalithea I think. We’d like to go to the Springs and the cat sanctuary that’s there that looks after all the strays on the island 😂 We’d definitely like to go to Lindos but still trying to decide whether to get a boat trip or the bus there and we want to see the Acropolis… and we want to go to Rhodes Old Town but not sure when to go to these, day or night and how long to spend there?
Both can be visited day or night. You are in quite a good location in that you aren't too far from either. However I'd say it'll be easier/cheaper to visit the old town at night if you wanted to Vs the acropolis as you're nearer to the old town. Both places are best visited as early as possible to beat the crowds.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Anyone done a Singapore/Malaysia holiday? Thinking of going somewhere long haul next year always fancied a few days in singapore then a beach destination in Malaysia somehow.