Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thetruth123

VIP Member
I want to book alcudia ….never been before but I’m so confused!
im finding hotels in port alcudia and then ones on alcudia beach?! I thought it was the same place , I want to be close to the beach but also close to bars / restaurants …. ( Is there a main strip?) any suggestions on a good family hotel? Thank you 😘

thetis

Hoping to visit friends in Cologne, Paris and Amsterdam this summer and autumn, I want to make plans in advance but with the news of new closures from China, I'm worried that shit will hit the fan again. I've had quite enough of it. The last time I took a flight was a couple months ago, the staff at the bench was refusing to check some guy in because he was 5 minutes late for the check in, since was stuck in the enormous queue. They were telling everyone to come to the airport 3 hours early, what tf will anyone do at an airport for 3 hours, especially for a domestic flight?! Madness. I wish we could take trains everywhere but it's so expensive.

Romy

VIP Member
Nope it’s for everyone (US Citizens wouldn’t need a visa or esta anyway)
Yes, you’re right. It wasn't like that before.
I had to do ESTA once to go to Colombia as we had to change airplane in Miami and I had no problem, nor everyone I know.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m a Mallorca expert. We love the island, Soller is really lovely and worth a visit but for us its Palma city every time! So much to do, see shopping eating, getting lost in the old town, beautiful small hotels. Belive it or not I’ve never been to Magaluf and I don’t intend to either. You will love it wherever you chose to visit.
Hey! Have you got any good recommendations for Palma such as hotels, restaurants, things to do, also great places for a hen do like beach clubs? Is it easy to get around?

Hex

We’re looking at going to Toronto next year. Any advice on who is best to book flights with. Thinking of either June or September. Has anyone been at those times?

i think this is the best time to visit Toronto, not too cold not too hot. I visited in August 2018 during a HEATWAVE and I regretted it and then April 2019 and it was just way too rainy and cold for me.

You should try Yorkville crepes if you are a crepe lover like me :love:

Im going next Friday! I went to Dubai a few months ago and it was such a hassle getting PCRs constantly - I had to get 3 in total and isolate, even though I was vaccinated and tested negative.

I was worried it would be the same for Turkey, thank you for clearing it up for me :)
when did you visit Dubai? I flew to Dubai from Greece in September and I only needed one PCR test before arrival. I was also vaccinated.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I know Rhodes very well. Which resort will you be in so I can recommend some restaurants.

You must hire a car!

My favourite places to visit are: Kritinia Castle, Monolithos Castle, Rhodes Old Town, Lindos, Prasonissi is cool (where the two seas meet). If you like weird stuff, visit the village of Eleousa as it's an abandoned old Nazi village which is cool for urban exploring. If you have the right car, a drive up to the top of Mt Attaviros gives incredible views.

But my favourite thing to do is just get a map and head to where you fancy. So many pretty villages and little beaches.
We’re staying at Eden Roc Resort, which is in Kalithea I think. We’d like to go to the Springs and the cat sanctuary that’s there that looks after all the strays on the island 😂 We’d definitely like to go to Lindos but still trying to decide whether to get a boat trip or the bus there and we want to see the Acropolis… and we want to go to Rhodes Old Town but not sure when to go to these, day or night and how long to spend there?

Melian

VIP Member
Belfasts not that big most things you can walk to if you’re able to. I lived there until I was in my late 20s so feel free to ask anything 😄 not sure what you’re into but lots of people love the Titanic tour. Crumlin road gaol is also a good experience. If you’re here over a weekend try and squeeze in St. George’s market it’s lovely for a wander around at all the local arts & foods. Also upstairs in there is a restaurant called Stock Kitchen that serves the best fry in Belfast!
Brilliant thank you! Flying out Friday and then off to Dublin on Wednesday.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I've been to Meeru. Great choice. Big enough island there's enough to do if the weather isn't great but still feels like a tropical island. Has a beautiful lagoon and well located. I loved it. You'll have a great time.
Thank you so much! This is so reassuring. I didn’t know what to go for since it’s our first time going to the Maldives. Is there anything you’d recommend I do at Meeru? Or any tips in general? 🥰💗

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Speaking from my past experience in the travel industry free of charge usually means no admin fees are charged but you are still liable to pay any price difference
It was definitely meant to be free of any charge. As they cancelled the flights we booked so weee moving onto another flight instead!? Also they confirmed it would have been moved free of charge if we had waited for an email to confirmed they were cancelled. We did not wait for this email as obviously did not know we had to and just followed their instructions on their website which said they needed to be changed due to a cancellation

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I was out and about today (on holiday in London). Plenty of people about just doing their normal, restaurants etc still busy. But lots of people heading towards the palace.

I wouldn't necessarily cancel, I think there will still be plenty of people (including tourists) going about as normal. But getting about may become more difficult as it nears the funeral and I imagine it will be even busier than normal
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. A lot of traffic and commotion.

JulesC

VIP Member
Looking to book to go to Spain this year, we’ve got family who live in Gibraltar so will stay somewhere on the Costa del Sol.

Got a young daughter so think anything else will be UK based, not sure where though, maybe Wales.

Emogoo

Following on from my last post on this thread, can anyone who has been to Croatia recommend some great places to eat around Babin Kuk?
Thanks! :)

AutumnSpring

Has anyone travelled to Dubai recently? Finding mixed messages about the testing to enter situation and just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of going through the airport.