Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
I went to Rhodes on my own last year and was nice. I mostly just stayed at the hotel all inclusive and sunbathed but the pool, drank cocktails then chilled in the room at night watching Netflix 😊 I got the bus and walked around the town one day which was nice. I could’ve done more at night and went to the hotel entertainment but I was happy to just relax in my room and sleep early every night 😊
Ooh that sounds amazing too. Thank you ☺

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Has anyone travelled to Dubai recently? Finding mixed messages about the testing to enter situation and just wondered if anyone had any first hand experience of going through the airport.
I’m due to go in a couple of weeks. From what I can tell it depends on your vaccination status

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Looking at holidays for me and a family member. I think I find the perfect one then they’d say oh I want it to have ….
I find that thing then they’ll add something else on. Or they’ll be like no I don’t like the decor or can’t see a proper picture of how the room looks.
By the way my options I’ve given him are 5* rated on trip advisor (mostly if not the 4.5*), 5* hotels.
I don’t want to spend too much as I’d rather have two good holidays than one super expensive holiday.
Do I just let him pick? Even though I know he won’t research reviews and will just go of management pictures of the hotel, just because I am putting effort into it and it seems impossible to find everything he wants.
But also if something isn’t perfect then he’ll probably spend the whole holiday complaining. Which does worry me about going all inclusive with him as I’m sure he’ll complain about the food.

Romy

VIP Member
We’ve recently done one,
No not the PCR, you need a supervised one either on a teams call or in person. Ours was £120 for 6 tests, we just googled a local one.
A supervised one is an antigenic in a pharmacy ?
We do these in France, in almost all pharmacies, it's connected to the social security system (like the NHS) and you have your result in 15 minutes or less, sent to your phone (or printed on paper at the pharmacy if you wish). It's free if you have your jabs or if you are under 18 years old. Otherwise, it's 20 euros per person (was 25€ before april). PCR is free too under the same conditions (or 43 or 44€) but I think it's longer to have the result).

Romy

VIP Member
the majority of Spain will be so busy right now as Spaniards tend to take their holidays in August - you will find less busy places away from the beach, like Madrid, Sevilla, etc! - but they'll be boiling hot 🔥
Northern Spain is good at this period... but the water is cold lol

Miss polar

VIP Member
What about the canaries or Cyprus? Both should have some sunny days.

Just noticed you said less beachy. We went to Porto in November a couple of years ago.

Loads to do and see, plenty of great places to eat and drink, and it was around 18 degrees every day.
don’t know if we were lucky with the weather or this was typical.

freshhead

Going to take a good read through this thread, but before I do, I’m doing a driving holiday with my 3.5 year old in September, we have two options either drive from Calais down to southern France, or get the boat from Harwich and drive from the Netherlands, on to the auto bahn and make our way up to Sweden.
ive never driven on the other side of the road, but I’m a pretty confident driver with a lot of miles under my belt, saying that though I would welcome any advice about driving on the other side of the road, and also beautiful beaches to visit on the south of France and places to visit in Sweden, both need to be little one friendly!

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
You should Google rash guards. They are great for swimming when you burn easily.
Wear a rash vest, they have high UV protection and are designed to be worn in the water so dry off quickly and don’t get heavy when wet like a normal tshirt
I think I may have one somewhere actually, I bought it just before covid for traveling but then obviously couldn’t go so I’ve never used it.
But I don’t actually mind the t-shirt being slower to dry as it keeps me cooler for longer when I get out of the water 😄

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m travelling by Eurostar in February to Paris, I need to present a negative Antigen or PCR test - I had covid at Christmas and so did my best friend who I will be travelling with, so will both be traveling within 90 days of a positive result. Are we best going for an antigen one instead of PCR?

Cariad

VIP Member
Enjoy! I've heard nothing but good things about Kandolhu! I'm off to The Maldives next year on honeymoon. Have been lucky enough to have been before and fiancé was dying to go and I was definitely not saying no to going back and a honeymoon seemed the perfect excuse.
Where are you going?...there are so many islands to choose from it was difficult to narrow it down for us , but we loved the small island vibe and the incredible food!

Babysnark

Hopefully will get to Greece this year for a week but will see how things progress over the next month or two!

I also love Rhodes as people have said above - if you haven't been to Lindos it's worth the bus/drive. One of my favourite places on earth 😍

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Yeah I think you wouldn't be able to stay more than 10 hours if you're just transferring through Jordan.

But I feel your pain. Just spent an hour googling PCR test to make sure I have a suitable for dubai and its stressful!
Thank you! The cheapest flight without self transfer I can find is 13hours in total with a 7hour connection in Germany. It also confuses me do I look at the entry requirements for Jordan as though I’m coming from Germany or the UK 😭🤷‍♀️ Its not until October maybe things will change by then!

mcfeez

VIP Member
To anyone travelling to the US, just wanted to recommend medicspots observed test. Its reasonably priced, around £20 each(possibly less if you get them on sale/with a discount code). The video call took literally 5 or 10 mins, and we had our results/fit to fly certificate within half an hour. Very handy. Results were checked on verifly and by check in agent and no issues. Just in case anyone is having to do a pre departure test for the US and is worrying about it (I was!)

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Does anyone know the travel rules to Turkey please? Whether I need to do a PCR before I leave/return?

I am fully vaccinated btw

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Anyone been to Gdansk? Thinking about going for a few days late Nov/early Dec. Worth visiting? I like to have a cold pre-Chirstmas city break but I've done all the biggies

101d

VIP Member
When do companies usually release the deals for Summer 2023 (as in spend X get X off)

I am impatient lol