Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Happy birthday, glad it will be a nice bday gift for you 🎉🎉

Aw thanks guys lol, it really is fun, am trying not to give too much away, I will say though that if you aren't used to combat then maybe think about easy or even I think it's called adventure mode, I have it on normal an honestly it's kicking my ass 😅 an am still pretty early game, they definitely made combat look alot easier on the game previews 😅

I am assuming that the broom an mounts will unlock after classes an so far I've had 4 classes which have been fun, also it seems exploration goes up after doing things an not just running about like a idiot that I've been doing 😅

It's also running smoothing, it has a few little glitches an what not, doors not opening straight away an characters glitching a little in story mode, hoping a patch comes out soon

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have mine linked up to my fan account so I'll be in Slytherin for my first playthrough, an have my own wand as well, I believe you select your house or you can change it, I want to play through all 4 houses an be evil/good so I can get the multiple endings
Aw that’s good. I hadn’t seen anything about choosing your house. I did the fan account quiz but that put me in Hufflepuff so that’s out!

😂😂 I think that’s going to be everyone’s first couple of hours.

• Heart

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Those with the deluxe version, it's out tomorrow at midnight in your time zone, I cannot wait for it 😁

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone feel that Sirona being transgender was put in purely because of the furore with JK Rowling?
I found it funny how Hogwarts was radically more diverse in the Victorian era than it was in the 1990s!

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
If you find the game too difficult sometimes, you can check change the modes back and forth! Story mode is easiest and they barely attack you just a little tip 😁

• Wow

MissFlowers

Has anyone discovered if there is a purpose to stroking the cats/spinning the globes or are these just fun little extras?

I’ve found a few little play throughs/ambient walk throughs on YouTube which I love to have on when I’m unable to play but still want to feel that I’m playing!!

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Does anyone feel that Sirona being transgender was put in purely because of the furore with JK Rowling?
I found it funny how Hogwarts was radically more diverse in the Victorian era than it was in the 1990s!
Definitely. Although apparently she has a female voice in some other language versions. I found it ridiculous but as you say Hogwarts was also incredibly diverse considering its supposed to be set in Victorian times 😄

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Sorry not HP related, but does anyone play Disney Dreamlight Valley? I’m thinking of purchasing🤩
I did till hogwarts come out lol, was really good but I got it on Xbox game pass so didn't pay for it, I heard there was so many problems at launch for switch an playstation though but think they have it sorted now, it's such a good game though, think there's a few over on the video games chat that play it frequently so you could ask if bugs are all sorted out now 😊

Also just started my second playthrough, went ravenclaw this time an released that there's different gameplay, just completed one quest an in Slytherin you need to do something for scrope but in ravenclaw it's olivander, so cool they have given different tasks for quests

kazizzle

VIP Member
Cool, I’ll seriously consider it!
I would definitely just check all your specs before buying it as I’ve seen a few people say their pcs/laptops were around what HL said was “minimum spec” but that it was totally unplayable even on low settings with everything turned off.
There’s a table here - https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-gb/pc-specs

I’m probably somewhere between the recommended and ultra spec and it runs fine for me at medium/high graphics settings.

MissFlowers

Hmmmm don't really recognise it, sometimes you get maps given to you through side quests, first I've seen one on the floor though

It could possible be for a side quest you may not have unlocked, I know you have to hunt around for notes an such with some like jackdaws quest

I've just jumped off or I'd go look 😅 I get on tomorrow an check if I can if no one else has worked it out
I did wonder if I had found it too soon! I wasn’t really following any quests today.. just exploring! So maybe that’s what’s happened!

MissFlowers

Hey guys!! Playing this evening and I’m in a room in a turret near the hogwarts north exit. I’ve lifted a barrel and there’s a map on the floor but I can’t pick it up! On one hand it looks like a map of hogwarts so I assume I don’t need it, but on the other hand, why is it there if I can’t pick it up 😂

anyone else found it or know what it’s for?
C44E7C6F-770C-4FFC-B9C3-9F585D9F4171.jpeg

nym3ria

Chatty Member
I’ve genuinely not been this excited for a game in years. Livid that it doesn’t come out on the switch til months after though

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
The morality really doesn't matter in Hogwarts Legacy which is what I find odd.

As a student you can bunk off class and roam about freely attacking poachers, goblins, trolls spiders etc. 😄 Later in the game you can learn the unforgivable curses and use them because it's quicker to get rid of an enemy with 'Avada Kedavra' than using a bunch of other spells. There's no punishment for this and going round killing everything in sight appears to be quite a good strategy.

So there's no advantage for making more moral choices and its ok to steal everything. I think this is the biggest failing of the game along with the lack of relationship building.
This! I use it constantly as soon as it's available.
But they put so much on it even in game about it being unforgivable etc.
And I'm just Avada Kedavraing everyone 🤣
---
Yes! Another Fable lover!! Have you seen the trailer for the newest one? Caused quite a bit of controversy.
I have, yes! Watched it on the 2023 Showcase!
Think it's estimated for around October, so I guess we'll see! 😬

• Heart

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I’ve just found this thread! How is everyone getting on with this game. I’ve spent the last few months obsessed with it 😂 I’m only on 80% and have been playing for 93 hours but I love it. I’ve done all of the main quests so keep flying round finding side quests. I still have a fair few Merlin Trials to do too but keep forgetting to get some mallowsweet leaves when I’m in Hogsmeade.
I've done all 4 houses an still love it, I can't wait till the Xbox gets the ps exclusive quest next year an am looking forward to the second one, kindi wish they would do DLC for it but doesn't look like they want too an instead are focusing on legacy 2

Also I wouldn't bother wasting money on mallowsweet leaves, just grow them in your room of requirement, you eventually end up with way more than is needed to complete all the trials as well

• Heart
Reactions: 1