Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fudgebox

VIP Member
I bought this for my son’s switch so I can play on it when he goes to bed. I’m not a gamer at all - I’ve only played Animal Crossing recently and things like Mario and Sonic 20-25 years ago but I love Harry Potter so thought I’d give it a go. My god I am baffled! I started it on normal mode but have had to drop to easy, really contemplating story mode now! Ive managed to get to level 10 through what my husband keeps referring to as just “button bashing”. I’m loving the stuff in the school and the problem solving stuff but hating all the forbidden forest bits and fighting statues etc, especially the spiders as I hate spiders! I’ve genuinely ended up with a sore hand and wrist tonight from frantically trying to complete Percival Rackham’s trial - managed to make it to the final boss and had to give up as I was demented!
Haha I am also a button basher 😅

Reactions: 1

WhatABore

VIP Member
I think I went with 2 large tables 3 medium tables an 3 small tables, I found that to work best for me for growing everything
I just wacked down a bunch of the ones with 3 in a row in a bunch of columns so I could grow at least 1 of everything 😂
And then had 2 large at each end 😂

• Haha

MissFlowers

I think am going go ravenclaw next, it's a bit of a bummer you can't get into the other common rooms, i would have liked if they had let you try the riddle or type in passwords to gain access to them

From what I've seen ravenclaw looks an amazing common room so am looking forward to exploring it
I read somewhere that raven claw was the worst one to do 😂😂 I don’t know why though… the gryffindor fireplace looks really nice! But yeah I wish you could go in the other common rooms!

YR80

Chatty Member
I've done all 4 houses an still love it, I can't wait till the Xbox gets the ps exclusive quest next year an am looking forward to the second one, kindi wish they would do DLC for it but doesn't look like they want too an instead are focusing on legacy 2

Also I wouldn't bother wasting money on mallowsweet leaves, just grow them in your room of requirement, you eventually end up with way more than is needed to complete all the trials as well
I need to get some more potting tables as mine have mandrakes and Chinese chomping cabbages in them. My room of requirement is a mess!

LittleMy

VIP Member
I usually accio the spiders then burn their asses 😅

Ha 😅 I done the same with sebby

I kinda wish we got more of ominis story, especially because his side is related to Slytherin an voldermont
I love Ominis. I also love the route they’ve taken with him/his views on the Dark Arts.
I agree, would’ve been interested in learning more about him and the Gaunts. I think he was maybe Voldemort’s Great Uncle or something?

Poppy is another favourite. I’ve been enjoying her quests and gathering beasts for the vivariums.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Is it? I have it on x box series x pre order. It’s my birthday on Tuesday
Yes, I had thought it was midnight on the 7th so essentially the 8th it was releasing, but they have it on twitter that as soon as it turns the 7th at midnight then it's out

Am honestly curious to try the time zone trick for the Xbox, apparently you can change your time zone on Xbox to new Zealand an get it even earlier, but it needs to go back to your own time zone before midnight or you get locked into that region for the game, which probably wouldn't matter too much as it's not a online multiplayer anyway
---

For pc players it doesn’t release until 6pm on Tuesday with no preload 😞
I won’t see the fecking game til Wednesday.
Am surprised there's no predownload considering it's size, was I think 75gb for me

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Finally 100% the game an disappointed theres not as they put it "well over 100 side quests" as I only counted 93 ☹ an that was even including the teacher assignments, character quests an the crossed wands (there's 3 plus 2 dummy training) an summoners court (there's 5) or it would have been even less

• Wow

LittleMy

VIP Member
You also get it if it's the same cow but just done 20 times, I had fun with that one, got it all the way down the hill 😅
Wow, that could’ve saved me some time 😅

Also love transforming sheep into balls of yarn and watching them roll down the hill before changing back 😂

• Haha

MissFlowers

Yeah sorry prob should have wrote that better 😅 that's what I've done, I have the highest legendary gear on me an I just changed it's appearance to how I wanted it or my god would my character look a right state with what am actually wearing 😂

Also I feel like am real close to finishing it now an am not sure an ready for it all to be done 😅 I have one more quest to do then I feel like the seasons going change again an it will be my last

I am also loving Sebastians story, it's had me on edge at times an man has it really taken off, compared to poppy's an Natty's it feels more like a main story, I feel like poppy an Natty's story is sorta like a kill some time side quest type, doesn't feel like it would have mattered if I done them or not
I’m loving it.. I’ve only just got to my first autumn … I’ve been trying to just explore a lot … plus my one year old likes to try and get involved and press all the buttons for me 😂😂 it’s a slow process but I’m really loving it.. I’m in hufflepuff, and I think once I’m done I’m going to choose a new house and do it again!

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Glad it’s not just me 😂 I end up just jumping all over the place when I’m trying to cast spells. It’s no wonder I’ve ended up with a sore hand!
You have to keep moving or they get you 😄
If you've got any trait points now you can get a really useful fast transport roll forward move. I recommend it for dodging.

anniemouse

VIP Member
Looks like it runs pretty well on switch and they've done a lot of work to make it good. Obviously doesn't look the same as consoles 10x more powerful but still looks like a great experience for switch people.
Yeah I watched a bit on YouTube yesterday, they did a great job and it’s good for anyone who Switch is the only option for.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Thanks, yeah I'll probably need to make a list an check them off, I have a feeling it must be just one or two I need to get, I've been using the ancient magic a ton an it's always the same few enemies I see
I'm so far behind with spiders because I purposely avoid them 😂

• Haha

Snippysnips

VIP Member
omg don't tell me about this collectors edition but please tell me about it 😂
It was coming in around £300 for me, the game itself is the same as the deluxe edition but you were getting a physical copy in a metal tin/box that looked kindi cool as well as a open book that a wand floated on top of, I think there was a kelpie robe to use in-game (I don't know if they might release this as a paid dlc in future) but for that price I couldn't, the deluxe was £75 for me, there's no way a book with a floating wand is worth £225 😂 plus am happy with the dark arts stuff I'll get with deluxe so the kelpie robe won't be missed

• Heart

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
I've been running around the same corridors in hogwarts over and over trying to find my last daedalian key and I have no idea where it is 🥲

• Heart

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I would definitely just check all your specs before buying it as I’ve seen a few people say their pcs/laptops were around what HL said was “minimum spec” but that it was totally unplayable even on low settings with everything turned off.
There’s a table here - https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-gb/pc-specs

I’m probably somewhere between the recommended and ultra spec and it runs fine for me at medium/high graphics settings.
Thanks so much! I’ll definitely check this out.

Penny is a little shit for that though - my husband said she reminded him of Jean Slater from Eastenders 💀
Hahaha yes 🤣 I’ll be certainly telling her to sling her hook when I’m back in the shop. I’m stuck on this second lantern for this mission, my husband is on night shift who’s an expert at puzzles as well 😩

that is a sad mission, poor tobbs!

ETA think the game took pity on me 🤣 I’ve just randomly found it

• Heart

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I assume everyone else is running around wearing a random assortment of clothes that don’t match for the best offence/defence stats and it’s not just me?
I was till it was starting to annoy me, so I changed the appearance to the school outfit an make the glasses, hat, scarf etc all invisible

• Heart

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Ohh didn't know there was a thread for this, I CANNOT wait for it, I have the deluxe edition pre-ordered on the Xbox an hoping for a midnight release so I can play on the 7th 😅 I was going order the collector's but couldn't justify the price just for the book an wand when the game is the same as deluxe anyway, but I am sooooo excited for this

• Heart