Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Consoles are a bit tricky as well, I always find it pulling to one side an when I try to fix it then it just goes mental 😂

Have you have the upgrades yet? It gets slightly better with the upgrades, the faster you can go the more you can seem to control it
I press the left stick in and forget when I go to land/stop that I've pressed it and I start doing all sorts whilst it's trying to fly off everywhere 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

LittleMy

VIP Member
Has anyone discovered if there is a purpose to stroking the cats/spinning the globes or are these just fun little extras?

I’ve found a few little play throughs/ambient walk throughs on YouTube which I love to have on when I’m unable to play but still want to feel that I’m playing!!
They’re just fun extras as far as I know, but you can win a trophy for casting Flipendo on 20 Highland cows which is hilarious. I felt a bit bad doing it to them but they were fine. 😂

• Haha

strawb

VIP Member
I did hear he was playing the part, a bit of a pity black is such a twat tbh lol

I can't believe am like almost 6 hours in this game an haven't even explored like 1% of the map, I've been all over the school, hogsmeade an a bit outside it

Am hoping the broom an mounts unlock soon so I can fly, so much is tied to the story an it's looking like mounts an brooms are tied to that, also haven't unlocked the room of requirement so far either, I did try an see if I could buy a pet but the pet shop in hogsmeade was locked so maybe it unlocks further into the game, you can go around petting all the cats though, an you do get a owl but can't so far change it's appearance (if you can even change it)

Still loving the game
i'm living through you rn

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
am honestly not sure why consoles can't get mods, I never thought about the privacy thing I i just assumed maybe they weren't strong enough to run them, half the time updates from the game Devs themselves can lag an crash games 😅
Security is a big thing, along with performance issues. The consoles are so much lower performance wise than a pc can handle, and they can't guarantee or moderate all mods that people could create, so it could easily crash and over run consoles!

Yel

Chatty Member
you've inspired me to try it on my old laptop! bought it last night and left it to install overnight, it's not perfect and ALL settings are on low 😅 but i'm so happy i'm finally playing it! cancelling all plans for today 😂
Yay! Glad you're liking it.

I was surprised it runs ok on my pc, people were saying with my graphics card it won't be playable. But it certainly is. It's got a lower frame rate but I grew up on GoldenEye and it's nowhere near that. Seen some clips of it struggling on ps5 at times with it going down to a low frame rate. That seems even more jaring than a constant low frame rate.

I think if you play less than two hours it's easy to get a refund when you buy it digitally.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
You might be able to go wild with the killing curse if you are using mods to instantly recover spells 😅 but without the mod I think it's maybe close to 5 minutes for recovery

I wish the Xbox would allow mods, I've seen a few like being able to ride dragons as well as being able to attack students an get a wanted level 😅

• Haha

MissFlowers

Also just started my second playthrough, went ravenclaw this time an released that there's different gameplay, just completed one quest an in Slytherin you need to do something for scrope but in ravenclaw it's olivander, so cool they have given different tasks for quests

ooh that’s interesting .. I had heard somewhere that hufflepuff was the only one where you visit Azkaban which I am doing now so I did wonder if there were other storylines for the other houses!

Snippysnips

VIP Member
The spiders are god awful lol, I would definitely take those pensive guardians over them any day, I've found doing the 3 spell combo worked, expellamus, a few hits then accio an a hit before using incendio to burn their asses 😅 it usually takes the smaller ones out pretty quick an for the bigger will deal good damage, also the chomping cabbages are definitely a great helper in keeping one or two occupied while you focus on another

Later in game you get far stronger spells that will almost finish them in one or two hits

Am guessing azkaban is for the jackdaw quest? Which means Slytherin gives you the mystery note that eventually leads you to scrope an the cave where you meet jack, ravenclaw you had to go to olivander an then the owlery where you got jack, what's the gryffindor one then? I actually think it's pretty cool they have done this an am wondering what else will have different steps for a quest

Tbh am not sure how different a witch or wizard is, I was more curious to see if maybe characters spoke differently towards you or not, I've only just done the jackdaw on my ravenclaw so I'll soon find out if it is different

pixxyy

VIP Member
I kept trying & dying so changed to easy just to get past that bit 🙈 I then put it back on normal, i'm just about to start my first lesson and at the secret picture.

• Heart

MissFlowers

This is what I did as my Slytherin character. Kept all the stuff from side quests, the NPCs were fuming. I still hear them bitching about me whenever I pass them. 😂
Ahh yes! I’m always so good in games .. scared to break rules … so I’m so excited that I get the opportunity to be a baddie!! 😂

@Snippysnips I agree, I wish there was more that was different with each house, I wonder if there might be more in new updates?

• Haha

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I also hate her lol, I just pick the bad options with her cause shes such a stuck up cow

I would have also liked more of poppy's story, it felt more like poppy an natty were just there to fill in a bit of time rather than actual story's because there wasn't too much to them

it looks absolutely incredible, i haven't preordered yet for pc as i'm debating whether i should get the deluxe version for a €10 difference :unsure:
Not sure if this will tip the cakes but with the deluxe version you get it three days earlier.

I’ve preordered it and can’t wait 😍😍😍

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
Amazing, well done on completing the story @Snippysnips!

My husband’s Slytherin character is strutting around like a Peaky Blinder wearing a flat cap 😂

• Haha

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I'm a big HP fan but I've never been a "gamer" at all. The only game I've played is The Sims 😂 I don't have a console but do have a decent laptop, is it worth getting or should I not bother.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
If I get it, it'll be for the switch. Will wait and see some real reviews before I buy though.
Should be a ton of reviews an possible a few updates by then, think the switch is end July so it's more polished for it, be interesting to see how the switch handles such a large game, if in future price goes down then I'll grab it for mine as well as I travel with the switch

kazizzle

VIP Member
This is something I've not completed! I've purposely gone hunting for each type of enemy to do it on all
Trying 100% my achievements an I've no idea what enemies I still need to use the ancient magic on, am stuck at 94% 😫
Also not done this one. On PC it doesn't even show you how close you are to getting it so I have no idea - I've tried to use it wherever I can so it's so annoying to still be working on it. If you google the achievement there are a few lists of the enemies you need to do so I think the best thing is just to do them one by one and tick them off as you go. Can probably get most of them in a few runs of the battle arenas.