Helen Briggs & Chet Sket #23 Beluga whales & £250 Christmas trees, how will Ellun cope with 3 under 3’s?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d say it’s more because ocean does the talking for him she’s always talking away not uncommon for second sibling to speak but later I don’t think they should be judged on that especially when their parents can’t string a proper sentence together

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I did laugh at Chet wowing at Helen and then saying she was 40 weeks pregnant but her due date is 31st so she is 37 weeks! Thick idiots 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
To anyone who is experiencing any kind of developmental concerns / worries with their kids - ignore all the crappy bragging and uneducated opinions on this thread. Just because your kid can recite Macbeth before their 2nd birthday, doesn’t mean they won’t fail their GCSEs 👀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 96
Hmmm yea maybe if she could talk perhaps.

I’d say it’s more because ocean does the talking for him she’s always talking away not uncommon for second sibling to speak but later I don’t think they should be judged on that especially when their parents can’t string a proper sentence together

• Heart
Reactions: 2
To anyone who is experiencing any kind of developmental concerns / worries with their kids - ignore all the crappy bragging and uneducated opinions on this thread. Just because your kid can recite Macbeth before their 2nd birthday, doesn’t mean they won’t fail their GCSEs 👀
Absolutely! Every child is so so different, I hate when this thread turns to netmums.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
At no point have I said that speech is a factor in intelligence. At no point have I said that the two Beluga’s are dumb. I was always told that even if a child has delayed speech, it’s less concerning if they understand language - when Chet is speaking to Elvis asking him questions like “Show me what you’ve got” etc, Elvis rarely reacts. There’s nothing wrong with being concerned about a child’s speech, whether that’s your own child or someone else’s child – in America, it’s extremely common to seek out a speech therapist even when there’s no concern of autism or another developmental delay; it’s just common practice to get outside help & advice about speech, in the UK we tend to just sweep it under the rug and preach that a child will do something when they’re ready when sometimes they do need extra support. I’ve actually always maintained I don’t think Elvis speaks because he doesn’t get much attention, and how can he get much 1:1 when Beluga 1 demands so much attention? they think it’s funny that they have to sing happy birthday to her when they’re celebrating Elvis, when in reality that’s jealousy and it’s only going to get worse for poor Elvis & Beluga 3. Ocean clearly understands language quite well, her actual annunciation is horrific and I’m guessing that’s primarily down to her parents accents and her mixed accent - her own parents can’t speak properly BUT One would expect to see her speaking more correctly when she attends nursery so frequently. Maybe Elvis’ speech will improve when he goes to nursery but the poor kid can’t even effectively communicate what he wants because he doesn’t even seem to understand what’s being said to him most of the time. They’re just lazy parents, they fill their kids full of sugar and screen time, let them run wild and then wonder why they don’t want to sleep etc. At no point has this been an attack on the kids, ever, I make a joke of them looking like little Beluga whales because they’re the image of their mother Egg, but other than that I mostly just feel sorry for the fact they’re growing up in a household where they’re fighting & competing for attention because Egg just has a desire & urge to pop out kids and Chet spends half the year at festivals.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
At no point have I said that speech is a factor in intelligence. At no point have I said that the two Beluga’s are dumb. I was always told that even if a child has delayed speech, it’s less concerning if they understand language - when Chet is speaking to Elvis asking him questions like “Show me what you’ve got” etc, Elvis rarely reacts. There’s nothing wrong with being concerned about a child’s speech, whether that’s your own child or someone else’s child – in America, it’s extremely common to seek out a speech therapist even when there’s no concern of autism or another developmental delay; it’s just common practice to get outside help & advice about speech, in the UK we tend to just sweep it under the rug and preach that a child will do something when they’re ready when sometimes they do need extra support. I’ve actually always maintained I don’t think Elvis speaks because he doesn’t get much attention, and how can he get much 1:1 when Beluga 1 demands so much attention? they think it’s funny that they have to sing happy birthday to her when they’re celebrating Elvis, when in reality that’s jealousy and it’s only going to get worse for poor Elvis & Beluga 3. Ocean clearly understands language quite well, her actual annunciation is horrific and I’m guessing that’s primarily down to her parents accents and her mixed accent - her own parents can’t speak properly BUT One would expect to see her speaking more correctly when she attends nursery so frequently. Maybe Elvis’ speech will improve when he goes to nursery but the poor kid can’t even effectively communicate what he wants because he doesn’t even seem to understand what’s being said to him most of the time. They’re just lazy parents, they fill their kids full of sugar and screen time, let them run wild and then wonder why they don’t want to sleep etc. At no point has this been an attack on the kids, ever, I make a joke of them looking like little Beluga whales because they’re the image of their mother Egg, but other than that I mostly just feel sorry for the fact they’re growing up in a household where they’re fighting & competing for attention because Egg just has a desire & urge to pop out kids and Chet spends half the year at festivals.
Well said

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Speech isn’t a factor in intelligence and neither are GCSEs in my opinion, but that wasn’t my point. My point is that it’s really unhealthy to compare children.

I also completely disagree with what’s been said about the UK brushing developmental issues under the carpet, in my experience both nursery and school have been really proactive. There’s a reason why NHS waiting lists for support services are never ending. At least if C & H’s kids ever need additional support they’ll have the privilege of being able to go private.

Reactions: 10
Give Elwis a phone and 3kg of choc buttons and I can guarantee he "be's good"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I mean it’s adorable his little dance but Jesus change that child’s nappy instead of filming for your insta

Even at dinner Elvis has a phone shoved under his nose 😢.
My son is 3 and I’m sorry but he doesn’t need a screen to be entertained! I won’t allow it!

Last edited:
They are literally feral! Elvis can't be anywhere without a screen and has a bulging mamia nappy while ocean is fingering the packet of cheese.Aso why is chet asking Helen to stop her when she's trying eat with 3 stone of beluga on her knee. Imagine when the 3rd comes!

• Haha
They are literally feral! Elvis can't be anywhere without a screen and has a bulging mamia nappy while ocean is fingering the packet of cheese.Aso why is chet asking Helen to stop her when she's trying eat with 3 stone of beluga on her knee. Imagine when the 3rd comes!
STOP right now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 3 stone of beluga I’m gone

Nahhhhh the state of them floors. I have laminate in my kitchen & living room, and it has those like tiny joins/cracks between the planks?? (Normal, idk what it’s called though) but I scrub them once a week with an electric toothbrush looking thing from Home Bargains 😂😅 How can she not notice the white grout is now black?? She’s gonna be scrubbing them all night now that we’ve mentioned it. I’m actually so excited to see what they name Beluga 3 😜🥳🤩

Nahhhhh the state of them floors. I have laminate in my kitchen & living room, and it has those like tiny joins/cracks between the planks?? (Normal, idk what it’s called though) but I scrub them once a week with an electric toothbrush looking thing from Home Bargains 😂😅 How can she not notice the white grout is now black?? She’s gonna be scrubbing them all night now that we’ve mentioned it. I’m actually so excited to see what they name Beluga 3 😜🥳🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So when does everyone think baby 3 will be born as Ellun has ask like she gonna tell us the silly cow,

Reactions: 2
So when does everyone think baby 3 will be born as Ellun has ask like she gonna tell us the silly cow,
I can't even guess because it's usually a week before and her due date is new years is it? But with Xmas and all the bank holidays I'm guessing either early next week or 27/28??

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.