Helen Briggs & Chet Sket #15 Who needs a £400 hoover when you have Chets nose?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know people don’t like saying kids are naughty- but she definitely is! I know she’s 2 and it’s all their doing, doesn’t mean that she isn’t naughty. Look at the story with Chet she’s sit his lip, that’s pretty naughty.
I respect that everyone has different views on this and am not trying to cause an argument, just wanting to put my perspective forward. My view is that she is only 2 years old. How is she meant to know right from wrong when every time she does something that a child ideally shouldn’t be doing (like is too rough with her brother, swipes at the phone or standing on something high and dramatically falling off) she gets filmed and laughed at. The word naughty to me implies intent, to me she is a 2 year old exploring the world and other people’s reactions. The key need for a child is relationship, and if she gets this attention/connection by behaving like this she doesn’t know it isn’t the best behaviour, and will continue to do so. Her brain is still so small and constantly developing and learning through each interaction she has with others. If they redirected her each time to something more positive she would soon learn desireable vs less desirable behaviour. Naughty feels like a label for someone who is intentionally doing the wrong thing, which she isn’t. And again, this might not be how people in this thread are using the word, they might be using it to convey less desirable behaviour, which Ocean frequently participates in because she is not being guided and supported to know how to behave in an acceptable way!

Same goes for Helen saying she is cheeky for eating the advent calendar. She saw chocolate, it was accessible to her, she wanted it, she ate it. She doesn’t have the capacity cognitively to go “oh it’s a calendar with dates to count towards Christmas, i better just have one a day”. She needs guidance and support to make this behaviour happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I respect that everyone has different views on this and am not trying to cause an argument, just wanting to put my perspective forward. My view is that she is only 2 years old. How is she meant to know right from wrong when every time she does something that a child ideally shouldn’t be doing (like is too rough with her brother, swipes at the phone or standing on something high and dramatically falling off) she gets filmed and laughed at. The word naughty to me implies intent, to me she is a 2 year old exploring the world and other people’s reactions. The key need for a child is relationship, and if she gets this attention/connection by behaving like this she doesn’t know it isn’t the best behaviour, and will continue to do so. Her brain is still so small and constantly developing and learning through each interaction she has with others. If they redirected her each time to something more positive she would soon learn desireable vs less desirable behaviour. Naughty feels like a label for someone who is intentionally doing the wrong thing, which she isn’t. And again, this might not be how people in this thread are using the word, they might be using it to convey less desirable behaviour, which Ocean frequently participates in because she is not being guided and supported to know how to behave in an acceptable way!

Same goes for Helen saying she is cheeky for eating the advent calendar. She saw chocolate, it was accessible to her, she wanted it, she ate it. She doesn’t have the capacity cognitively to go “oh it’s a calendar with dates to count towards Christmas, i better just have one a day”. She needs guidance and support to make this behaviour happen!

Yeah don’t disagree with any of this. I don’t think Helen finds any of it that funny just literally is at a loss with it and like most of us not a clue what to do and no guidance from anywhere. She could research techniques herself I know but not sure she has the capacity either

Reactions: 2
Yeah don’t disagree with any of this. I don’t think Helen finds any of it that funny just literally is at a loss with it and like most of us not a clue what to do and no guidance from anywhere. She could research techniques herself I know but not sure she has the capacity either
I just hope Helen’s playing up to the camera and is a little better with boundaries with ocean off camera.
Saying that I think I’m quite strict with mine and my 2 year old has just ruined a family night out by kicking off for the last 4 hours. Climbed out a fairground ride mid ride and I had to literally catch him off the edge. Toddlers are assholes sometimes just cause they feel like it.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

I think you have been able to explain this in the best possible way. I feel exactly the same as my son is quite a bit of “trouble” and it’s so hard guiding him because no matter how often you say no or try to distract - because he is non verbal - it is bloody hard! He is same age as ocean, 1 day older than her but ocean has the capacity to understand to an extent what they say and what they mean as she responds extremely well to instructions - my son not so much - so it is completely possible for Helen and Chet to instil desirable behaviour as you put it as she is a bright little girl. Therefore it is 100% parents fault on this one!

I just hope Helen’s playing up to the camera and is a little better with boundaries with ocean off camera.
Saying that I think I’m quite strict with mine and my 2 year old has just ruined a family night out by kicking off for the last 4 hours. Climbed out a fairground ride mid ride and I had to literally catch him off the edge. Toddlers are assholes sometimes just cause they feel like it.
So funny - my partner and I were literally saying how much assholes our toddler and baby can be - completely joking about the baby lol but we found it funny that they can be so bloody annoying 🤣

I think you have been able to explain this in the best possible way. I feel exactly the same as my son is quite a bit of “trouble” and it’s so hard guiding him because no matter how often you say no or try to distract - because he is non verbal - it is bloody hard! He is same age as ocean, 1 day older than her but ocean has the capacity to understand to an extent what they say and what they mean as she responds extremely well to instructions - my son not so much - so it is completely possible for Helen and Chet to instil desirable behaviour as you put it as she is a bright little girl. Therefore it is 100% parents fault on this one!

So funny - my partner and I were literally saying how much assholes our toddler and baby can be - completely joking about the baby lol but we found it funny that they can be so bloody annoying 🤣
It’s hard not to take it personally sometimes when it seems like they’re going out their way to ruin your day 😂 mines fantastic at home but I’m public he’s feral for some reason!

Ocean is far too young to be labelled as naughty. She’s clearly a very clever little girl and has a lot of energy - all she’s doing is testing boundaries as that’s a child’s way of discovering what is and isn’t acceptable behaviour. All toddlers do it and it’s such an important learning stage.

Toddlers are just naturally very self centred and aren’t old enough to understand the impact of their actions. There’s nothing wrong with that as long as their parents guide them in the right way 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I don't think oceans that bad either, probably the only difference between her and other insta kids is they upload her when she's acting up, or doing these things.

Wouldn't see Stacey Solomon showing Rex body slamming Rose. Or Mrs hinch showing Ronnie throwing spagbol at Lennies head 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s hard not to take it personally sometimes when it seems like they’re going out their way to ruin your day 😂 mines fantastic at home but I’m public he’s feral for some reason!
Oh my gosh! Yes!! We say the same, at home is so much easier. When in other peoples home or out he is just uncontrollable but at home at least we have managed to child proof it so we know what sound is what! 🤣 the look they give you when they continually smash plastic or wooden toys on to the floor or in our case atm, a bleeping trolley!
tbh it’s our own fault for buying him all this crap to throw around and think maybe he will act like a normal child and play how he is supposed to!

Reactions: 1
Oceans not bold. She’s actually really intelligent. Isnt it mad how girls are so advanced my son wasn’t like that that young. I love that they show the real side of parenting.

Reactions: 3
Yes Ocean is testing boundaries but full on whacking her baby brother is naughty 🤷

Reactions: 11
Yes Ocean is testing boundaries but full on whacking her baby brother is naughty 🤷
Yea I dunno what super nanny tit some people are on but the kid is 2 she is naughty and that’s not a label it’s an observation 😂
Not seen many 2 years olds do the things she does and Iv had kids, more than she has at that age too. This is how we end up with the bad behaviour cos parents suddenly decided not to tell their kids off and say that they’re being naughty, so they keep doing it, and we end up with the awful things we see now on the streets. Also Helen and Chet have both said numerous times that she’s naughty themselves. And call her Chucky for a pet name.

Of course it’s her parents fault she’s like it and soon to be Elvis will be the same, and the next one she’s desperate to have, to keep up with Marnie!

Iv said it many times but she needs parenting classes, after them horrific bruises that they didn’t ever say where they came from, then the videos of O doing what she does to him, they learnt to stop showing her doing that stuff but they haven’t learnt how to actually parent, cos she’s still doing things they think are funny for insta but not safe for either child.

Reactions: 11
Yea I dunno what super nanny tit some people are on but the kid is 2 she is naughty and that’s not a label it’s an observation 😂
Not seen many 2 years olds do the things she does and Iv had kids, more than she has at that age too. This is how we end up with the bad behaviour cos parents suddenly decided not to tell their kids off and say that they’re being naughty, so they keep doing it, and we end up with the awful things we see now on the streets. Also Helen and Chet have both said numerous times that she’s naughty themselves. And call her Chucky for a pet name.

Of course it’s her parents fault she’s like it and soon to be Elvis will be the same, and the next one she’s desperate to have, to keep up with Marnie!

Iv said it many times but she needs parenting classes, after them horrific bruises that they didn’t ever say where they came from, then the videos of O doing what she does to him, they learnt to stop showing her doing that stuff but they haven’t learnt how to actually parent, cos she’s still doing things they think are funny for insta but not safe for either child.
She needs parenting classes? What about Chet too? Is probably more guilty of filming the bad behaviour, and just calling for Helen 😂😂

She needs parenting classes? What about Chet too? Is probably more guilty of filming the bad behaviour, and just calling for Helen 😂😂
Who could forget last year when Ocean was pissing about with the tree and Chet, incapable of sorting it shouting ‘Ellun she’s doing it again’ and letting heavily pregnant Ellun drag her off. Of course he was filming it all.

Reactions: 6

Them bruises were awful not just one bump either! Like when Ellun was filming for the gram it's ok Elvis falling into a radiator because he looked cute in his Jim jams. Imagine if we all behaved like that

Reactions: 5
Most 2 year olds are incapable of regulating their emotions, they’re selfish and do exactly what they want to do whenever they do it. I do refer to my toddler as being naughty sometimes to my husband but I don’t actually believe he’s capable of purposely being disobedient at this age. She will become a really naughty child if she isn’t taught right from wrong or boundaries though.

I’m not super nanny it’s just my opinion. I think calling ocean naughty puts the emphasis on her being responsible for her own behaviour and she’s too young for that yet, she’s just doing whatever she wants, and if that’s throwing food on the floor, jumping on her brother or running wild and she isn’t told why she shouldn’t do those things then that isn’t on her at all.

Reactions: 3
Yea they both need them but Helen is there the majority of the time, he’s up and down the country so like most families the parent at home does most of the parenting.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.