Helen Briggs & Chet Sket #11 Elvis has left the pelvis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but given helen been having a hard time with the kids lately you’d think Chet would rush home instead of messing about at faded
lol she better get used to that, he’ll be raving soon 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry but that latest story with the spaghetti strand post may be triggering for some people...... and irresponsible for the teenage following she may have ....,, last week I went through an episode where my 15 daughter refused to eat and eventually fainted due to her thinking she is grossly overweight she is a size 8-10 😔😔😔 (I’m an 18-20!!! What I’d give to be her size)
Thankfully she is now eating again after lots of crying , talking , tantrums , begging 🥺

So her seeing content like this worries the hell out of
Me!!! Shame on you Helen don’t project your body hang ups onto vulnerable people

• Sad
Sorry but that latest story with the spaghetti strand post may be triggering for some people...... and irresponsible for the teenage following she may have ....,, last week I went through an episode where my 15 daughter refused to eat and eventually fainted due to her thinking she is grossly overweight she is a size 8-10 😔😔😔 (I’m an 18-20!!! What I’d give to be her size)
Thankfully she is now eating again after lots of crying , talking , tantrums , begging 🥺

Me!!! Shame on you Helen don’t project your body hang ups onto vulnerable people
Not being funny but people are offended by everything. I’m sorry if you’re triggered but really.... it’s a joke and I’m sorry your daughter is feeling that way but it’s nothing new we have all grown up with these pressures and maybe it’s our responsibility as parents to teach our kids to not take social media literally. Some people need to lighten up and maybe see that if you’re offended by something like that then it’s not the rest of the worlds responsibility to post things that are completely unfunny and not offensive in any way. God help comedians like Ricky Gervais.
Don’t take what I’ve said the wrong way I just think it’s crazy how sensitive the world has become and the British humour is built upon sarcasm. That post was meant to be funny; I laughed. I didn’t think oh god she is actually living on that and so must I to look good this summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Not being funny but people are offended by everything. I’m sorry if you’re triggered but really.... it’s a joke and I’m sorry your daughter is feeling that way but it’s nothing new we have all grown up with these pressures and maybe it’s our responsibility as parents to teach our kids to not take social media literally. Some people need to lighten up and maybe see that if you’re offended by something like that then it’s not the rest of the worlds responsibility to post things that are completely unfunny and not offensive in any way. God help comedians like Ricky Gervais.
Don’t take what I’ve said the wrong way I just think it’s crazy how sensitive the world has become and the British humour is built upon sarcasm. That post was meant to be funny; I laughed. I didn’t think oh god she is actually living on that and so must I to look good this summer.
Trust me I hate the pc brigade as much as the next person but there is defo a line ....posts that may trigger emotional issues relating to eating disorders, miscarriage, death, etc in fact any mental health are just a no no in my opinion ... I may be extra sensitive due to what is happening with my daughter but my eyes are wide open as a young mum at 32 and having a teenage daughter just how damaging influencers can be with the content they put out!!

Reactions: 1
Trust me I hate the pc brigade as much as the next person but there is defo a line ....posts that may trigger emotional issues relating to eating disorders, miscarriage, death, etc in fact any mental health are just a no no in my opinion ... I may be extra sensitive due to what is happening with my daughter but my eyes are wide open as a young mum at 32 and having a teenage daughter just how damaging influencers can be with the content they put out!!
Well sadly I don’t think that is going to change so it’s up to us as mums to teach our children that yea the world can be cruel but to keep them in line with reality.

Reactions: 14

I understand what you’re saying and I’m sorry you’re going through that. In my opinion anyone could be triggered by anything that’s put online.
Someone for instance with an eating disorder could be triggered by someone posting a big full plate of food, doesn’t mean that person shouldn’t post it.

I was raped at the age of 18 by a 50 year old when I fell asleep drunk at a friends house after a night out. All this talk about sexual assault, teaching men how to behave etc online and in the media has been a massive trigger for me. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be spoke about or put online.
(I’m not saying this for sympathy by the way, this is just my view). You could be offended by everything if you’re looking for it.
It’s a distasteful post but I don’t think she’s thinking that deep into it. It is Helen lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I understand what you’re saying and I’m sorry you’re going through that. In my opinion anyone could be triggered by anything that’s put online.
Someone for instance with an eating disorder could be triggered by someone posting a big full plate of food, doesn’t mean that person shouldn’t post it.

I was raped at the age of 18 by a 50 year old when I fell asleep drunk at a friends house after a night out. All this talk about sexual assault, teaching men how to behave etc online and in the media has been a massive trigger for me. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be spoke about or put online.
(I’m not saying this for sympathy by the way, this is just my view). You could be offended by everything if you’re looking for it.
It’s a distasteful post but I don’t think she’s thinking that deep into it. It is Helen lol.
I’m so sorry that happened to you ❤

I agree, you can’t let silly online posts affect you or you’d never be happy or content.

I’m glad Helen seems to be getting somewhere with Elvis (😂 still can’t take the name seriously) and his feeding.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I’m with you, anything could hurt anyone. I’ve got a friend who can’t have children but I post pics of my kids on my fb. I like this helen, still hate Chet though

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like this thread just always gets derailed by what sounds like immature teenagers and it honestly bores me now 🙄

Reactions: 7
I really felt for her in her last stories, it actually made me quite emotional, especially as it took 14 weeks for me to realise my youngest wasn’t just a moany kid, but because of silent reflux.
Mum guilt is hard

Reactions: 4
I really felt for her in her last stories, it actually made me quite emotional, especially as it took 14 weeks for me to realise my youngest wasn’t just a moany kid, but because of silent reflux.
Mum guilt is hard
It really is. I tried my eldest on comfort milk (lactose free) and it worked for a few days and then she sadly went back to screaming but it was silent reflux with her, hope he does settle and stay settled for them

Reactions: 2
My favourite picture of Elvis and Ocean 🥰
This has KILLED me 😭 what was even going through your mind to make you think of this, creased 🤣🤣🤣

That sounds like a horrific situation, I’m really sorry you are going through this and I hope your daughter is doing alright now. However I agree with the other posts on this thread, people aren’t even allowed to make a joke these days without being “cancelled”... at the end of the day some things on social media warrant a trigger warning (such as graphic content or info about serious situations) but in the real world you don’t get a trigger warning while walking down the street so unfortunately people just have to try and deal with what they are going through, which I know from personal experiences is easier said than done. To be honest people should be able to post things like this as a laugh without being scrutinized for it. As a previous poster said I don’t think anyone seeing Helen’s story would actually think that she’s only eating a strand of spaghetti...

Last edited:
This has KILLED me 😭 what was even going through your mind to make you think of this, creased 🤣🤣🤣

That sounds like a horrific situation, I’m really sorry you are going through this and I hope your daughter is doing alright now. However I agree with the other posts on this thread, people aren’t even allowed to make a joke these days without being “cancelled”... at the end of the day some things on social media warrant a trigger warning (such as graphic content or info about serious situations) but in the real world you don’t get a trigger warning while walking down the street so unfortunately people just have to try and deal with what they are going through, which I know from personal experiences is easier said than done. To be honest people should be able to post things like this as a laugh without being scrutinized for it. As a previous poster said I don’t think anyone seeing Helen’s story would actually think that she’s only eating a strand of spaghetti...
I was just feeling a little bit hilarious 😂

Reactions: 3
My main problem with the spaghetti story is it just wasn’t funny. I guess humour is subjective so some people will laugh but equally some people might find it offensive and that’s okay.
The joke of let’s starve ourselves to get a bikini body isn’t original at all, it’s an exhausted trope and something I hope will be a thing of the past in years to come.
I wouldn’t compare it to edgy comedians like Ricky Gervais either. They actually look at things outside the box and purposefully try to push the boundaries of what is acceptable to laugh at and what isn’t - that spaghetti story was just a tired, boring and obvious old joke. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I
My main problem with the spaghetti story is it just wasn’t funny. I guess humour is subjective so some people will laugh but equally some people might find it offensive and that’s okay.
The joke of let’s starve ourselves to get a bikini body isn’t original at all, it’s an exhausted trope and something I hope will be a thing of the past in years to come.
I wouldn’t compare it to edgy comedians like Ricky Gervais either. They actually look at things outside the box and purposefully try to push the boundaries of what is acceptable to laugh at and what isn’t - that spaghetti story was just a tired, boring and obvious old joke. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I wasn’t comparing to Ricky Gervais in any other way than I took it as sarcasm. He can be seen as one of the most offensive and sarcastic comedians with his dark and depressive humour, but he is hilarious. I was basically saying if a silly video like that offends people then god help all those comedians that offend people. Thought that was quite simple to see, obviously not.

Reactions: 7
Tbh I thought it was more of a “tit we’re nearly out of lockdown and most of us are eating like pigs we need to be radical to be summer ready on time” joke 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.