Helen Anderson #10 ASOS Binge, COVID Whinge and a Festive Minge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 352262
Apologies if this comment from #15 was already posted but this makes me cringe so hard. Giving it her life story to defend Helen over hair. I completely get having a relationship with your hairdresser but is it that hard to just get a trim from someone local and save your colour and style for another time??
The difference between now and the situations that person is referencing is that coronavirus wasn't around then!!! It's the coronavirus that changes why Helen's behaviour is so unacceptable to some people - because without coronavirus she'd just be driving to London to visit her hairdressers which no one commented on or cared about about before.

It's just comparing apples and oranges really. Piss off.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think she may have blocked you from commenting as that last one doesn’t show up!
That makes sense as my other comments have got likes but that last long comment doesn’t have any. I hardly ever comment on YouTube so don’t really know how it works - if she’s blocked me it means I can see the comment but no one else can? I hope she read it and it really pissed her off before she blocked me 😂.

Reactions: 9
That makes sense as my other comments have got likes but that last long comment doesn’t have any. I hardly ever comment on YouTube so don’t really know how it works - if she’s blocked me it means I can see the comment but no one else can? I hope she read it and it really pissed her off before she blocked me 😂.
Yeah that’s exactly it, I’m not sure if it’s just on like a video to video basis or if it works across the whole channel. It’s very weird.
I really don’t think they should have the ability to filter and curate their comments, it’s bullshit

Reactions: 9
I don't think I‘ve got the energy to try commenting on another video to find out if I’m blocked completely!

Reactions: 6
Here you go. It’s in a group of 6 comments between me, Helen and someone called Elizabeth Hellstrom. I’m interested to know if anyone else can see it as I really thought she’d delete it.
This person is who was arguing with me last night.

Reactions: 2
'How do you know I'm not?'

Well for starters because lots of us have been watching you for years and have never seen you donate or do a giveaway or promote a charity or do anything at all that doesn't directly benefit yourself. You film yourself picking your nose (fascinating content) but keep all of your charitable works to yourself?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Lord Almighty, reading the comments actually infuriates me. Can people not look at this critically in any way at all? I bet if they found out that a neighbour drove 100 miles to get their hair cut, it'd be an entirely different story. Yet Helen is just protected by this weird influencer bubble and can do no wrong. Ugh.

'How do you know I'm not?'

Well for starters because lots of us have been watching you for years and have never seen you donate or do a giveaway or promote a charity or do anything at all that doesn't directly benefit yourself. You film yourself picking your nose (fascinating content) but keep all of your charitable works to yourself?

She's probably scoffed the lot already.

Reactions: 22
Vlogmas has really made me go off some influencers this year. Think I will be unfollowing quite a few.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
131921421_387892345808952_5769791607053155905_n.jpg

Wasn't she just saying at the laser clinic, while she was getting her pubes burned, how she really wishes she could laser the hair off her legs and was gutted she couldn't because of her tattoos?

Now all of a sudden she claims how she always 'pampers' herself with a good old shave....?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I got into a 'conversation' with an 'influencer' the other day about how they feel about the amount of plastic generated by the free stuff they recieve.

I got replies not only from that person, but followers saying how she doesn't have a say and it's the companies you should be going after, when I disagree - influencers DO have a voice and as someone who contributes to their view count and gets them that free stuff, we have a right (within reason) to question what they do.

This relates to Helen.. carry on..

I privately messaged this influencer where they explained what I said came across as rude and accusing (I apologised because that wasn't my intention) but that they reuse packaging, recycle it, do all these other things but don't post about it because they don't have to, and also their audience wouldn't care about 'what I recycled this week' sort of content.

They have a significantly smaller following than Helen but I do think influencers should be sharing what they do with some of the free stuff. It isn't about making themselves look good, but it's about being honest with your audience about what happens with the stuff they get given thanks to us.
'Thanks Sainsburys, I'll be trying the new X and giving the rest to family/friends/neighbours/food bank..' Wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Hell, if an influencer was like 'I don't give a tit, I'm keeping this stuff to myself', fair enough.

I just don't understand why there is so much secrecy around what happens with gifted items..

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Long timer lurker here!

This last vlog from her has really been the straw that broke the camels back! I can’t believe how pathetic she is. It’s made me so mad!! She could’ve easily gone to a local hairdresser to get her hair done.

Also, deleting the comments is really ticking me off! She needs to take accountability. It’s pathetic. How can you be nervous etc. But then continue to go ahead anyway when you know it’s non-essential travel? Sorry but it’s hardly difficult to under stand that an area in a higher tier when your in a lower tier, you should definitely not be going into.

Sick of all the ads also.I understand she needs to get paid etc. But it’s literally on the daily.

Reactions: 22
They actually don't have to accept endless stuff they don’t need - they can ask to be taken off PR lists. There’s a handful of beauty influencers that have stopped accepting PR or asked cosmetic companies to contact them before sending stuff to them so they can confirm if it’s something they’re actually interested in reviewing. But let’s face it, whatever they say, most of them are in it for the free stuff and couldn’t care less about the waste and endless consumerism they constantly endorse. I can’t imagine grabby Helen ever turning anything down.

Reactions: 24
I got into a 'conversation' with an 'influencer' the other day about how they feel about the amount of plastic generated by the free stuff they recieve.

I got replies not only from that person, but followers saying how she doesn't have a say and it's the companies you should be going after, when I disagree - influencers DO have a voice and as someone who contributes to their view count and gets them that free stuff, we have a right (within reason) to question what they do.

This relates to Helen.. carry on..

I privately messaged this influencer where they explained what I said came across as rude and accusing (I apologised because that wasn't my intention) but that they reuse packaging, recycle it, do all these other things but don't post about it because they don't have to, and also their audience wouldn't care about 'what I recycled this week' sort of content.

They have a significantly smaller following than Helen but I do think influencers should be sharing what they do with some of the free stuff. It isn't about making themselves look good, but it's about being honest with your audience about what happens with the stuff they get given thanks to us.
'Thanks Sainsburys, I'll be trying the new X and giving the rest to family/friends/neighbours/food bank..' Wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

Hell, if an influencer was like 'I don't give a tit, I'm keeping this stuff to myself', fair enough.

I just don't understand why there is so much secrecy around what happens with gifted items..
They all seem to be terrified of venturing into any sort of sustainability/environmentally friendly endeavours. And you’re right they’re the exact people who should be doing it. There’s no need for them to get preachy about it, but just things like “this is something simple everyone can do” or “this is a great sustainable brand if it’s accessible to you” would make a massive difference.

Reactions: 18
Its quite a vapid existance these influencers live in, everything for likes and views. Imagine living a life depending on other ppl praising you. You cant just expect everyone to agree with you and offer praise. If you decide to make that your career you must cater to what people want and hold yourself accountable when you do mess up. I hate the "if you dont like it, dont watch" mentality. If i mess up at work I expect to be reprimanded for it.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.