Helen Anderson #10 ASOS Binge, COVID Whinge and a Festive Minge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I refuse to comment anymore I don’t want to bring up her engagement. Next time she pisses me off I’m sending her management a complaint. Maybe it won’t do anything but at least it doesn’t help her.

Reactions: 41
It's sad but she's worse than ever when it comes to deleting comments. You can't have a conversation because if she doesn't like it, she will just erase it. That's why we are all here lol.

But she'll still do her 6 monthly video rant about constructive criticism (aka 'negative comments' according to Helen) and her terribly (made up) 'upload anxiety' - just to get clicks and people telling her how amazing she is
Honestly, I wouldn't say her upload anxiety is made up but more a symptom of a guilty conscience and the knowledge that she's gonna be criticised.

I have anxiety and am moderately extroverted so if she's a genuine sufferer then I don't mean to undermine that but like... she's never spoken about it beyond being nervous surrounding uploads so I'm pretty doubtful.

Reactions: 16
What do you think Helen would do if someone actually confronted her in person over this stuff? She always likes to say that we only say this stuff because we’re hiding behind a screen/keyboard. I have images of me seeing her at download festival after a few pints and telling her she’s a covid-spreading hole 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Yeah, I loved reading about her "slow start to the morning" when I've got to get up at 5am tomorrow to go to my crappy Christmas temp job because I work in the entertainment industry and was made redundant in September. Tone deaf. But you enjoy your bath and chocolate, Helen, whilst you psyche yourself up to write an Instagram post and film some half-arsed content (y)
i, much like helen, am having a wonderful slow start to my mornings this week as i have been exposed to covid and have to stay out of my job until i test negative twice as i work in the medical field
i also just started this job so im missing out on valuable learning and training and most importantly im missing out on pay as im not being paid since im under the 90 day period
i bet shaving my legs would really boost my spirits!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
No offence to that hairdresser but
Her hair is not impressive
Its not a colour or cut that couldn't be done by ANY hairdresser at all.
So yes, her trip to London was stupid, you telling me her usual hairdresser wouldn't understand her seeing someone else just once to stop her travelling so far?
Stupid ignorant fuckhead

Reactions: 41
Honestly, I wouldn't say her upload anxiety is made up but more a symptom of a guilty conscience and the knowledge that she's gonna be criticised.

I have anxiety and am moderately extroverted so if she's a genuine sufferer then I don't mean to undermine that but like... she's never spoken about it beyond being nervous surrounding uploads so I'm pretty doubtful.
Sorry, me saying 'made up' might have been a bit blunt and insensitive.

I remember her saying that it was so bad that she couldn't ever upload when she was on holiday in Scotland because she was worried about the comments, but then pretty much straight after that holiday she went on holiday to Wales for the Games and she was uploading multiple videos.

I know anxiety has good days and bad days but I honestly feel that she's only putting a label on it to gain more sympathy and as a way to try and get nicer comments, it's almost like in her mind her saying that "upload anxiety" is the reason why she doesn't post when she's away sounds better than "sorry guys I don't feel like it, I just want to enjoy my holiday"

I may be thinking a bit too black and white here, but I don't understand - if she struggles with the comments so badly.... Why not just turn them off?

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

I remember her saying that it was so bad that she couldn't ever upload when she was on holiday in Scotland because she was worried about the comments, but then pretty much straight after that holiday she went on holiday to Wales for the Games and she was uploading multiple videos.

I know anxiety has good days and bad days but I honestly feel that she's only putting a label on it to gain more sympathy and as a way to try and get nicer comments, it's almost like in her mind her saying that "upload anxiety" is the reason why she doesn't post when she's away sounds better than "sorry guys I don't feel like it, I just want to enjoy my holiday"

I may be thinking a bit too black and white here, but I don't understand - if she struggles with the comments so badly.... Why not just turn them off?
Do you reckon she won't upload today because of her "anxiety"

Reactions: 11
"How do you know I'm not?" to a comment about her donating some of her gifted items.

Because we know you'd show it if you did... No way she'd miss out on an opportunity to make herself look good. Can't remember her ever doing a giveaway or anything remotely charitable in the history of her YouTube channel.

Screenshot_20201218-211524.png

• Haha
Reactions: 27
So now she’s not only deleting ‘negative’ comments but she’s blocking anyone who doesn‘t kiss her arse now 🙄? I made a long comment on YouTube (on the Vlogmas #15 video) really calling her out and it’s not been deleted, so I can only assume she hasn't seen it.

That apology was an absolute joke, it was so insincere that she may as well have not made it. And as for all the “never mind babe, it’s all so confusing, we all make mistakes” comment, it just proves her fans are as ignorant and stupid as she is. It blows my mind that she still has so many adoring fans - she is so fake, so unlikeable and her content is incredibly poor. I also don't understand why brands still continue to work with her when her her efforts are so minimal.

There is clearly no point in commenting to her or engaging with her moronic fans but I do quite like the idea of complaining to her management. I have no idea how these things work - do management firms drop influencers if they aren’t getting enough views etc? I can’t help feeling her influencer career days are numbered. It will be interesting to see where she is this time next year.

Reactions: 18

It's no problem, I get what you mean and honestly totally agree with you. I just wanted to pull up the phrasing a little because as an anxiety sufferer, it annoys me to see Helen use the phrase to describe something that likely isn't anxiety but rather guilt over her own actions. It may well that she has anxiety and just hasn't addressed the topic before but I would just be surprised with her general demeanor and 'duck it' attitude.

This is all spot on in my eyes however.

I guess she can't really turn them off because she needs the engagement but if she has such anxiety attached to uploading, perhaps she should transition away from lifestyle blogging and to other content. Like Sammi Jefcoate for example, someone who shares a little about her life but focuses on content creation. She is the one choosing to do vlogging.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She’s not got anxiety she just can’t cope with anything she doesn’t like :rolleyes: . And any anxiety she does have will be made a zillion times worse by her constant drinking and the other recreational substances she appears to indulge in. I have completely lost patience with her this week. She is a complete and utter moron.

Reactions: 21
There is clearly no point in commenting to her or engaging with her moronic fans but I do quite like the idea of complaining to her management. I have no idea how these things work - do management firms drop influencers if they aren’t getting enough views etc? I can’t help feeling her influencer career days are numbered. It will be interesting to see where she is this time next year.
I refuse to comment anymore I don’t want to bring up her engagement. Next time she pisses me off I’m sending her management a complaint. Maybe it won’t do anything but at least it doesn’t help her.
I think complaining is a great idea, next time she breaks the rules or something (its bound to happen), emailing gleam with a list of everything she's done since March will hopefully make them think about whether they'd want someone like her under their name. Just worry these management companies are as bad as the influencers though

Do you reckon she won't upload today because of her "anxiety"
Honestly been sitting here wondering if I'm confused and it's actually the weekend, but nopeeee she's probably having a well deserved night off after a full day of sitting at the PC with her stubby fingers constantly deleting comments

So now she’s not only deleting ‘negative’ comments but she’s blocking anyone who doesn‘t kiss her arse now 🙄? I made a long comment on YouTube (on the Vlogmas #15 video) really calling her out and it’s not been deleted, so I can only assume she hasn't seen
What did you say? There’s none showing up for me, I know sometimes if they block you from commenting you can still see what you’ve written but no one else can 🙄

Reactions: 4
79864BF4-97D1-4600-8A62-5FD177249BFC.jpeg

Apologies if this comment from #15 was already posted but this makes me cringe so hard. Giving it her life story to defend Helen over hair. I completely get having a relationship with your hairdresser but is it that hard to just get a trim from someone local and save your colour and style for another time??

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She’s not got anxiety she just can’t cope with anything she doesn’t like :rolleyes: . And any anxiety she does have will be made a zillion times worse by her constant drinking and the other recreational substances she appears to indulge in. I have completely lost patience with her this week. She is a complete and utter moron.
I agree, I think the type of anxiety she is feeling is the type you get when, for example, you were in school and you wouldn't do a piece of homework you had all week to do, then when the deadline comes around, you pull a sickie yet still don't complete the work so you worry yourself sick about the consequences, instead of proactivley taking the problem head on to solve the issue. If she would just "do the homework" (i.e. genuinley own up to her mistakes regarding COVID rule breaking, stop the lying about dress sizes when she's flogging clothes brands, put out better content that isn't slapdash and just adress her general foul behaviour) She wouldn't have to be anxious about getting (justified) backlash from her viewers like a school child playing truant worries about being told off for bunking and not handing in work !! There is a difference between being nervous about recieving criticism and having actual anxiety. Christ, if I went into my workplace and didn't hand in my work by the deadline because I was aNXiOUs about her feedback, my boss would tell me to give my head a wobble.

• Heart
Here you go. It’s in a group of 6 comments between me, Helen and someone called Elizabeth Hellstrom. I’m interested to know if anyone else can see it as I really thought she’d delete it.
I can't see that one, but the others are still up 🤔

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.