Heartbreak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@BettyCrocker are you actually my mum?! šŸ¤£ No in all seriousness thank you for the straight talking. I know 5 months is nothing but it felt like one of those ā€˜when you know, you knowā€™ things. Literally until this week. If I ask him if heā€™s been in contact with someone heā€™d only deny it so I guess I wonā€™t know. Probably going to end up single by the end of the night, if he can fit me in šŸ™„

Reactions: 1
@holliebollie I wouldnā€™t ask him if heā€™s been in contact with someone. Although @BettyCrocker is absolutely right, thatā€™s more than likely the reason heā€™s gone weird, heā€™ll only gaslight you and make you feel like a psycho for asking. Men are experts at making women feel crazy for confronting them about something they absolutely are doing and Iā€™m speaking from experience šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

You know in your gut when something is wrong and donā€™t let him pull the ā€œIā€™m feeling tit about this weekā€ nonsense either.. gaslighting again. You know his behaviour is off, he knows his behaviour is off, but rather than tell the truth, heā€™ll have you blaming yourself and wishing youā€™d never said anything.

I would cut and run if I were you. Donā€™t text him or call him and see if he gets in touch with you first. If he doesnā€™t, you know where you stand and youā€™ve had a lucky escape.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I remember my ex getting angry at me after we split up (she had ditched me for another guy, if you don't remember). We played in the same brass band, and she got angry at me because I didn't look at her once, and at the break she came steaming over to me, and demanded 'WHY AREN'T YOU LOOKING AT ME!'.

With the benefit of hindsight I think she was wanting me to be at her beck and call, and be upset that she had ditched me.

Reactions: 8
@BettyCrocker are you actually my mum?! šŸ¤£ No in all seriousness thank you for the straight talking. I know 5 months is nothing but it felt like one of those ā€˜when you know, you knowā€™ things. Literally until this week. If I ask him if heā€™s been in contact with someone heā€™d only deny it so I guess I wonā€™t know. Probably going to end up single by the end of the night, if he can fit me in šŸ™„
I agree with the other posters, get out now before he screws with both your heart and your head. You've only been together 5 months and he's already shown you who he is. He's shown you a red flag, so see it and run.

You said you felt he was going to drop the L bomb soon. You haven't even said you guys love each other yet and you were thinking of uprooting your whole life to move near him. That's a huge no-no. He's shown no real sign of commitment or that he's even in this for the long haul. Cut him loose and save yourself the heartache.

He sounds like he's keeping his options open and playing the field, while keeping you on the back burner. Don't be anyone's second best. You deserve more than that. If you mean enough to him, he will make the effort needed to save your relationship. Let him chase you. And if he doesn't, then you have your answer and he's done you a favour in the long run.

Reactions: 7
@holliebollie I wouldnā€™t ask him if heā€™s been in contact with someone. Although @BettyCrocker is absolutely right, thatā€™s more than likely the reason heā€™s gone weird, heā€™ll only gaslight you and make you feel like a psycho for asking. Men are experts at making women feel crazy for confronting them about something they absolutely are doing and Iā€™m speaking from experience šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

You know in your gut when something is wrong and donā€™t let him pull the ā€œIā€™m feeling tit about this weekā€ nonsense either.. gaslighting again. You know his behaviour is off, he knows his behaviour is off, but rather than tell the truth, heā€™ll have you blaming yourself and wishing youā€™d never said anything.

I would cut and run if I were you. Donā€™t text him or call him and see if he gets in touch with you first. If he doesnā€™t, you know where you stand and youā€™ve had a lucky escape.
Agree with this. Your gut is very rarely wrong.

I'm speaking for myself here but I'm over trying to get explanations from men who cannot communicate. You won't get an explanation and you'll be made to look "crazy" by asking. Sometimes the vibe just changes and if it does, it's time to cut your losses. By all means raise it with him and say "hey, I feel like you've been off with me this week, do you want to talk about it?" - if he brushes it off or gives you an excuse then I'd forget it and drop it.

Remember. If someone wants to speak to you, see you, or have a relationship with you, they will make it happen. And if someone can't communicate at the beginning, that's unlikely to change.

Well heā€™s just ditched me... mixed feelings, gutted itā€™s over as I was previously very happy. But I WAS bleeping RIGHT! I knew it! Heā€™ll be the one regretting it by tomorrow. I feel strangely happy that I was right, it wasnā€™t me being overly sensitive. He swears that no one else has contacted him or anything, and I do believe him but maybe Iā€™m a gullible sap. šŸ˜”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Well heā€™s just ditched me... mixed feelings, gutted itā€™s over as I was previously very happy. But I WAS bleeping RIGHT! I knew it! Heā€™ll be the one regretting it by tomorrow. I feel strangely happy that I was right, it wasnā€™t me being overly sensitive. He swears that no one else has contacted him or anything, and I do believe him but maybe Iā€™m a gullible sap. šŸ˜”
You're not gullible at all. You just wanted to believe that what you had with him meant something to him too. Hope you're okay? ā¤

Reactions: 3
I've had the worst 6 weeks of my life and at times I've felt like I can't carry on but knowing I'm not alone has helped. Feel free to share as much as you feel comfortable with, don't ever be afraid to ask for advice or come just to vent.
Iā€™m so grateful for all these responses! Itā€™s really helpful to get advice beyond my friends and family that really cements itā€™s not ok for him to just up and leave, come back and do it again and think he can waltz back in when heā€™s sorted his head out (if he does that this time!). I feel like I shouldā€™ve been stronger the first time he did it to not take him back and this is perhaps just time to rip off the plaster. Doesnā€™t stop it hurting though, this defo wasnā€™t how I planned to spend life coming out of lockdown! @LateG0ssiper i hope things are slowly getting better for you ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Always trust the gut feelings they are always right at least you didnt waste more time he probably will come back when you are moving on believe in yourself x

Last edited:
Donā€™t believe a word he says. Heā€™s full of tit.

but itā€™s over. Donā€™t spend anymore time over thinking it. Donā€™t try to dissect it. Donā€™t stalk him on social media. Delete all his contact details, block him across all social media, draw a line under it now and move on with your own life. Donā€™t waste anymore of your time over him.

Reactions: 10
Thank you šŸ„° Number deleted, WhatsApp thread gone, he was already blocked on fb (to stop me stalking!) and I donā€™t have instagram... I KNOW full well heā€™ll regret this. Hopefully by the time he sends that, ā€˜I donā€™t know what I was thinkingā€™ text, Iā€™ll have moved on and wonā€™t be sucked in. Sad though as he had the best body Iā€™ve ever seen in real life and before this week it was the happiest Iā€™ve been. Oh well. Canā€™t force him to try long distance. Hope he enjoys living in an incestuous puddle šŸ‘ŒšŸ½

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank you šŸ„° Number deleted, WhatsApp thread gone, he was already blocked on fb (to stop me stalking!) and I donā€™t have instagram... I KNOW full well heā€™ll regret this. Hopefully by the time he sends that, ā€˜I donā€™t know what I was thinkingā€™ text, Iā€™ll have moved on and wonā€™t be sucked in. Sad though as he had the best body Iā€™ve ever seen in real life and before this week it was the happiest Iā€™ve been. Oh well. Canā€™t force him to try long distance. Hope he enjoys living in an incestuous puddle šŸ‘ŒšŸ½
A hot body will never make up for someone treating you like tit. I promise. You are worth more than that. Donā€™t waste time on someone like this, or you will miss out on the really good guy in doing so.

Reactions: 11
Had an awful nights sleep last night - I just keep replaying conversations in my head. I think the hardest part is letting go of the future I thought I was going to have with him and realising heā€™s not the man I thought he was.
How is everyone else today?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Had an awful nights sleep last night - I just keep replaying conversations in my head. I think the hardest part is letting go of the future I thought I was going to have with him and realising heā€™s not the man I thought he was.
How is everyone else today?
This is something that I'm struggling with, even the day before he left we were talking about plans for the house. I find it too overwhelming to try and think any further ahead than a couple of weeks at the moment. My whole life will have to change.

This is something that I'm struggling with, even the day before he left we were talking about plans for the house. I find it too overwhelming to try and think any further ahead than a couple of weeks at the moment. My whole life will have to change.
Do you have kids to think about? Even the silliest things are setting me off this morning, we agreed I would leave his family group WhatsApp (I wanted to post a final message and make it clear it was HIS decision - without being crappy) but Iā€™ve been putting it off because itā€™s like the beginning of the end. Even if my husband said he know realises heā€™s made a mistake that trust will be gone. Whatā€™s your current situation - are you still sort of in limbo or confirmed this is now a separation? Sending you lots of healing vibes x

• Heart
That's a completely normal part of the process, and in time you'll suddenly realise that you're thinking ahead to further than just a few weeks. Getting over it doesn't happen over night, but one day you will suddenly realise that it just doesn't hurt the way it used to.

Only a few weeks ago you couldn't think past the next hour and now you're thinking a few weeks ahead. That's progress and you should be proud of yourself. You've managed to survive and go about your life this far without him and that shows just what you are capable of, and it will be showing him too that you can manage without him.

You're taking back control of your life and that is the best thing you could ever do for yourself. You're stronger than you think even if you don't feel it. Sending you love. ā¤

• Heart
That's a completely normal part of the process, and in time you'll suddenly realise that you're thinking ahead to further than just a few weeks. Getting over it doesn't happen over night, but one day you will suddenly realise that it just doesn't hurt the way it used to.

Only a few weeks ago you couldn't think past the next hour and now you're thinking a few weeks ahead. That's progress and you should be proud of yourself. You've managed to survive and go about your life this far without him and that shows just what you are capable of, and it will be showing him too that you can manage without him.

You're taking back control of your life and that is the best thing you could ever do for yourself. You're stronger than you think even if you don't feel it. Sending you love. ā¤
Your post just made me cry (in a good way!). Thank you so much x

Do you have kids to think about? Even the silliest things are setting me off this morning, we agreed I would leave his family group WhatsApp (I wanted to post a final message and make it clear it was HIS decision - without being crappy) but Iā€™ve been putting it off because itā€™s like the beginning of the end. Even if my husband said he know realises heā€™s made a mistake that trust will be gone. Whatā€™s your current situation - are you still sort of in limbo or confirmed this is now a separation? Sending you lots of healing vibes x
No we don't have kids, didn't plan on having them. I find that I get really upset at the weekends, it's hard being home alone when it's the time you'd usually spend together. We haven't really discussed it properly since he first left and said it was over for him, I said I'd leave him to it while he started therapy. I'm still hoping he'll sort out whatever is going on and talk about coming home but I know that might not happen.

I know what you mean about the beginning of the end, that's why I've been putting off talking about what happens with the house. It's such a difficult time, so much to think about. I hope you can distract yourself today and feel better x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Your post just made me cry (in a good way!). Thank you so much x

No we don't have kids, didn't plan on having them. I find that I get really upset at the weekends, it's hard being home alone when it's the time you'd usually spend together. We haven't really discussed it properly since he first left and said it was over for him, I said I'd leave him to it while he started therapy. I'm still hoping he'll sort out whatever is going on and talk about coming home but I know that might not happen.

I know what you mean about the beginning of the end, that's why I've been putting off talking about what happens with the house. It's such a difficult time, so much to think about. I hope you can distract yourself today and feel better x
So far okay today, although I just feel like everywhere I look in my house there are reminders of him! I still have the ā€œwhat ifā€ moments and tears but Iā€™ve got through half today and thatā€™s a start! Hope your weekend is also better x

Reactions: 4
I was with my ex for 7 years from the age of 20. House, car, holidays, the whole thing. Thought we'd get married and have kids. Was really happy, rarely argued. Seemed a little off for a few weeks but blamed it on being busy at work which made sense for time of the year and industry he worked, but then he seemed himself again. Then one day out of the blue he just told me he was done. He didn't think our relationship was going anywhere and he didn't want to be with me anymore although he loved me. He had spoken about us starting a family and how it would work alongside our careers etc literally a few days before. Told me he was really excited to start a family.

So obviously I was completely blindsided. Heartbroken. Couldn't make sense of it all. No one saw it coming, his family and friends could not believe it. In fact I was the one that had to tell people because weeks had gone by and he hadn't told anyone. I thought he might have been having a breakdown, searched for any excuse as to why. Though in a couple of weeks he'd change his mind.

But no, he completely cut me off. Gave me 3 days to pack my things and leave, blocked my number, social media. I thought I'd done something for him to be so cold. I packed and I left, obviously there were a few lingering bits that needed to be sorted for a few weeks after.

About a month later I realised I'd left my passport in his cabinet so I organised through his parents to pop and get it and they let me in. There on top of his cabinet was a valentine's day card from his work colleague. The message in it, because obviously I looked, suggested something had been going on for a while. So that gave me some closure. He bare faced looked me in the eye and told me there was no one else. Liar.

So I think in hindsight, he met her at work, decided he wanted to jump ship, kept me strung along until he knew for certain it was a sure thing with her and then dropped me like the last 7 years meant duck all. I've never seen or spoken to him since but through mutual friends I've heard he moved her in a few weeks after I left, became step-dad to her daughter, got engaged and had a kid together within the year. Still together as far as I know. So to say that left me with trust issues is an understatement. For a long I tried to understand why or how he could just drop me like that or why I wasn't good enough. They are answers you'll never know.

Fast forward several years and now I've been with my current partner 5 years and we're getting married in a couple of years. Life goes on. You move through it and you find happiness. I never thought I would at the time. I thought I'd never get over it. Granted its left me unable to trust anyone completely and I'm always waiting for it to happen again. The only thing I miss is having the money. He was incredibly successful and were very financially comfortable. But at least now everything I have is mine.

Funnily enough I've seen the same scenario play out with many people and there is ALWAYS someone else. Call it sexist, but i truly believe men do not leave long term relationships unless they have someone else ready to go. I'm yet to be proved wrong although there will be exceptions.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I think this is a really helpful thread for people going through heartache at the moment. I feel for you all.
It was a long time ago for me but I remember that gut wrenching feeling and I swear I actually felt physical pain.
You do move on and for some of us it takes a long time. I cried continually one night and when I eventually stopped I decided that was the last time I would ever cry over him again. I started going out and making an effort and met someone very soon after but thatā€™s another story.
You look back many years later and think WTAF.
Cry your tears ladies get it out and come on here to talk. It does help. One so called friend called me obsessed maybe I was but I didnā€™t have many people to talk to and they got bored of listening to me so I think here is a good place to talk.
Sending you all love and you will emerge out of this and be much stronger xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.