Heartbreak.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TEnvious that you have a dog, I've wanted one for ages, would be lovely to have the extra company.
[/QUOTE]

Getting a dog for yourself is a great idea. You should definitely do it. ❤
I've been thinking about it, if I can stay at the house I think I will do.

borrowmydoggy is a fantastic website! It’s really helped my mental health lately, I can’t get a dog right now but being able to borrow one is amazing!

Reactions: 4
Had a much better sleep last night thankfully - I always wake up feeling really sad but I’m also trying to see the positive in me being able to have a decent amount of sleep. I think today I am going to try and sort some bits out in the house, pack his remaining things into boxes and try and make the house feel a bit more like my own ie not pictures of us together all over the place 🥴 also going to temporarily deactivate my Facebook and Instagram as all I’m seeing is happy families 😭 hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday morning ❤
So glad you managed to get some sleep. I'm the same when I wake up, feel so sad that he's not here. Good idea to make the place feel more like yours and definitely good to stay off social media. I'm going to meet my sister today so I'll have a distraction for a few hours.

• Heart
So glad you managed to get some sleep. I'm the same when I wake up, feel so sad that he's not here. Good idea to make the place feel more like yours and definitely good to stay off social media. I'm going to meet my sister today so I'll have a distraction for a few hours.
Mornings are always the worst aren’t they?! I’m envious you have your sister nearby, I have no siblings and no good friends where I live. They all live at the other end of the country where I lived until 2018 so great on the phone, but it’d be so nice to have some local friends too. The only people I know are couple friends who knew my husband before me.

Reactions: 2
Had a much better sleep last night thankfully - I always wake up feeling really sad but I’m also trying to see the positive in me being able to have a decent amount of sleep. I think today I am going to try and sort some bits out in the house, pack his remaining things into boxes and try and make the house feel a bit more like my own ie not pictures of us together all over the place 🥴 also going to temporarily deactivate my Facebook and Instagram as all I’m seeing is happy families 😭 hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday morning ❤
You’re sounding very positive, that’s a good sign ❤

Reactions: 1
Mornings are always the worst aren’t they?! I’m envious you have your sister nearby, I have no siblings and no good friends where I live. They all live at the other end of the country where I lived until 2018 so great on the phone, but it’d be so nice to have some local friends too. The only people I know are couple friends who knew my husband before me.
It's only really my sister but I'm lucky that I have her or I wouldn't really have anyone here. It's hard not seeing friends that we would usually see together so I know how you feel there.

• Heart
It’s really so up and down - every morning I’ve woken up and felt really sad, but by afternoon I’m much more level headed and practical. I started writing down some of the key things in my head, things like so many unanswered questions (why talk about the future and commit to plans etc less than 24 hours before he left?). Not sure I’ll ever get an answer to it and even if I do I’m not sure I’ll believe him but it helps to write. I just really wish I wasn’t in this situation and enjoying the bank hol like everyone else but I guess I just need to go with it and remember everything happenings for a reason. Ha you can tell I’ve saved a LOT of cliched Instagram quotes recently

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s really so up and down - every morning I’ve woken up and felt really sad, but by afternoon I’m much more level headed and practical. I started writing down some of the key things in my head, things like so many unanswered questions (why talk about the future and commit to plans etc less than 24 hours before he left?). Not sure I’ll ever get an answer to it and even if I do I’m not sure I’ll believe him but it helps to write. I just really wish I wasn’t in this situation and enjoying the bank hol like everyone else but I guess I just need to go with it and remember everything happenings for a reason. Ha you can tell I’ve saved a LOT of cliched Instagram quotes recently
I do the same, I make notes in my phone whenever something pops into my head. I find it helps me to not dwell on things so much if I write it down to speak about at a later date. It sounds like you're coping really well, you should be proud of yourself x

How are you getting on, @gigi_93 ? Any further conversations?

Last edited:
  • Heart
You know that’s a really good idea. I kept a diary and would poor my heart out in it. Write down all your feelings good and bad. It’s like a sort of therapy.

You know that’s a really good idea. I kept a diary and would poor my heart out in it. Write down all your feelings good and bad. It’s like a sort of therapy.
Good to know I'm not alone in doing it, felt a bit odd at first!

• Heart
Good to know I'm not alone in doing it, felt a bit odd at first!
Even though I have a lot of unanswered questions, it definitely helps get them out my head by writing them down. I keep telling myself I don’t need to think about them because they’re noted down if I need to remember! How has everyone’s Sunday been? ❤💪🏻

• Heart
I deleted all my social media after he blocked me. I felt a weird sense of shame in being blocked, so I just deleted everything. Trying really hard not to look from a browser though, despite knowing how I’ll feel if I see him moving on in any sense. I feel so so pathetic! He didn’t let me get any closure. I’m wondering constantly what he has told the kids 😔 wish I could hate him!
Let me tell ya when my ex I adored dumped me out of nowhere I was shell shocked. Didnt eat for weeks. When I met up with him he told me he couldn't deal with the fact that I didn't have anxiety anymore and I was independent.

Everything happens for a reason. And trust me, you will feel 10000000 times better by month 3.

And also you'll never take any tit or settle for anything less than you deserve xx

Why don't you save anything you want from insta or fb and make a fresh one ? You can block him and his mates and start fresh! X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How is everyone doing? ❤
Not feeling good at all to be honest. I'm so tired every morning, getting to work is a struggle. Haven't seen him for a month now and it's killing me. I've been really upset at work this morning.

• Heart
Not feeling good at all to be honest. I'm so tired every morning, getting to work is a struggle. Haven't seen him for a month now and it's killing me. I've been really upset at work this morning.
I’d suggest you perhaps need to have a chat with your GP if you are feeling like this, it sounds like you may have depression and if you do, you need help to get that sorted out

I’d suggest you perhaps need to have a chat with your GP if you are feeling like this, it sounds like you may have depression and if you do, you need help to get that sorted out
I've actually been taking anti depressants for a month now, didn't like to say.

• Heart
Ah ok well hopefully they start to help but if you don’t find anything is getting better in the next week or so I’d probably pop back to have another chat with them

Ahh dont i know the feeling, my house is a mess and im ashamed to say i live like this! And i want to tidy it i just cant, i find myself getting back into bed.. works a good distraction.. but dont want to be at work nor at home. It is sooo tit!! Who would choose to fall in love!
- edit:
& the best bit, i spoke to my ex for three hours yesterday he loves me and is struggling as well. But due to religious differences wont be with me. Super frustrating. Hes telling me he will wait forever for me to change my mind.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I hate to say it, but I think it sounds like you completely lost yourself within your relationship. It's hard, but I think you need to now try and get yourself back and work out what makes you happy.

There has to be something that makes you happy besides your relationship, you just don't know what it is yet. And because you've dedicated your entire life to your husband and relationship, you don't know what to do now that it's just you.

Restrictions are beginning to lift, so it would be a really good idea for you to get out and try new hobbies and activities that will help you discover what it is that you really want and need for yourself.

I'm so sorry that you're still going through it the way you are, but your feelings are all part of the process of moving on. Sometimes those feelings can wash over you suddenly and become completely unbearable, and then there are times where they're there, but just at the back of your mind where you're still able to get on with things. In the dark moments, you just have to remind yourself of those good moments, however few and fleeting they may be. Remind yourself that you've come this far without him and that you can do it.

Have you had any contact with your ex at all?

Reactions: 7
Ahh dont i know the feeling, my house is a mess and im ashamed to say i live like this! And i want to tidy it i just cant, i find myself getting back into bed.. works a good distraction.. but dont want to be at work nor at home. It is sooo tit!! Who would choose to fall in love!
- edit:
& the best bit, i spoke to my ex for three hours yesterday he loves me and is struggling as well. But due to religious differences wont be with me. Super frustrating. Hes telling me he will wait forever for me to change my mind.
With respect, he’s an asshole!

he’s telling you he loves you but won’t be with you due to religion? What exactly does he expect you to do with that information?? He’s not thought about you at all there! If for whatever reason he is making a choice (because it IS his choice; using religion is im
Afraid a bullshit excuse so he doesn’t have to deal with the fallout) not to be with you he needs to leave you alone so that you can move on with your life. I’m gobsmacked that he has been so cruel to say that to you. What an arse.

Oh @LateG0ssiper I wish I could give you a hug. I know how you feel, I spent last night feeling strong and positive and then spent this morning crying into my laptop (and hiding my face on zoom calls and blaming hayfever!). Do you have any access to support through your work? Some companies have free helplines to an external company. Do you know what your next steps are? Are you waiting for him to get in touch?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.