Have you ever known someone who turned out to be a murderer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back in school my boyfriend used to hang out with Asher Maslin who stabbed Hollie Gazzard to death.
Another story is my dad had some fitted wardrobes built by his friend who is a builder. He bought a labourer along with him to help with the work. A few months later this guy (the labourer) went on to murder his pregnant girlfriend. Scary to think this guy was in our house and we made him cups of tea etc!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Back in school my boyfriend used to hang out with Asher Maslin who stabbed Hollie Gazzard to death.
Another story is my dad had some fitted wardrobes built by his friend who is a builder. He bought a labourer along with him to help with the work. A few months later this guy (the labourer) went on to murder his pregnant girlfriend. Scary to think this guy was in our house and we made him cups of tea etc!
I found that case really shocking. The fact he purchased a cheap knife and didn't care about stabbing her in public and so violently. Most murders happen behind closed doors, it was a clear "if I can't have you, nobody can". All those poor customers in the salon and her friends and colleagues watching in helplessness. Out of curiousness, did your boyfriend say he was arrogant at school as well ? I remember watching documentaries on it and he was openly controlling in front of her family which is rare. I also knew someone who knew Holly and she said Holly was so lovely 😔

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I found that case really shocking. The fact he purchased a cheap knife and didn't care about stabbing her in public and so violently. Most murders happen behind closed doors, it was a clear "if I can't have you, nobody can". All those poor customers in the salon and her friends and colleagues watching in helplessness. Out of curiousness, did your boyfriend say he was arrogant at school as well ? I remember watching documentaries on it and he was openly controlling in front of her family which is rare. I also knew someone who knew Holly and she said Holly was so lovely 😔
I know. So sickening, she must have been absolutely terrified. Yeah he said he was and that Asher was really scary and someone you didn’t want to be on the wrong side of. Would pick fights and attack and rob people. Don’t think he even showed any remorse for what he did to Hollie.

Not murder but one the boys who bullied me found out the other week is convicted pedalo blamed it on his cocaine addiction.is only 31!!

Though I do know people who have murdered and been murdered but not from school

Last edited:
The chemist i sometimes used the owner killed his wife to run off with a man. The woman served me a few times and she seemed really nice

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
When I still lived at home I knew a guy who was by all accounts a lovely bloke. He was involved in some faintly dodgy stuff but there was nothing to his demeanour to suggest that, a few years after I moved away, he would break into someone's house, murder them, and then return to loot the place over the next few days.

Fucked me up a bit when I heard, because it was so damn dark, and I honestly wouldn't have pinned him for it. He had got into hard drugs apparently, which still doesn't account for it good god, and he is fortunately still in prison now.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I know someone who it turned out was filming his girlfriends daughter when she would shower or bathe in the bathroom. I didn't know him well, only met him a few times, he was distant friend of a friend type thing. It was disturbing to find out.
I haven't read the full thread yet so if you have answered sorry but was this fairly recent as in a year or something ago? Worked at a well Known bargain store? (lost his job obviously) and went a bit mad when he was found out?

I live very close to where Helen Bailey was murdered. Walked past her house and my work overlooked where the searches were. Neighbours were taking Ian Stewart dinners, he was thanking everyone for searching. People also felt so sorry for him after losing his first wife, which he has now been arrested for murdering her too. His poor sons, losing their mother, stepmother, finding out their dad was responsible. Apparently Helens family have looked after them though. Poor Helen, her book was even dedicated to him as she thought he was her happy ending after losing her husband.

Another man I regulary saw in town and chatted to, one day went into work and tried to Kill people with an axe. I was gobsmacked as I'd seen him a few days before and he was chatting to my friends children. He's in prison for attempted murder now.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I haven't read the full thread yet so if you have answered sorry but was this fairly recent as in a year or something ago? Worked at a well Known bargain store? (lost his job obviously) and went a bit mad when he was found out?

I live very close to where Helen Bailey was murdered. Walked past her house and my work overlooked where the searches were. Neighbours were taking Ian Stewart dinners, he was thanking everyone for searching. People also felt so sorry for him after losing his first wife, which he has now been arrested for murdering her too. His poor sons, losing their mother, stepmother, finding out their dad was responsible. Apparently Helens family have looked after them though. Poor Helen, her book was even dedicated to him as she thought he was her happy ending after losing her husband.

Another man I regulary saw in town and chatted to, one day went into work and tried to Kill people with an axe. I was gobsmacked as I'd seen him a few days before and he was chatting to my friends children. He's in prison for attempted murder now.
Oh my goodness I remember this murder happening, but I never realised until I just googled , that shes an author of some of my favourite books as a child 😔

• Sad
I met my husband through the guy who tried to kidnap and murder the singet Joss Stone. He came to our wedding. We were all really shocked when he was arrested. He is now out of prison.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Oh my goodness I remember this murder happening, but I never realised until I just googled , that shes an author of some of my favourite books as a child 😔
I watched the documentary on YouTube last night about this she seemed like a lovely woman he’s a monster for what he did to her and her dog he did it for her money evil sod

Oh my gosh! Are you still in contact?
We keep in touch with his brother. The family are all lovely and the guy in question has been sectioned on a number of occasions... Doesn't excuse it though. We now have kids so I wouldn't really want to have him around if im honest.

Not a murderer but one of my good friends at theatre school is a convicted child molester.
My friends ex boyfriend is also convicted felon for acid throwing 😡
Makes me sick

Also my ex boyfriend is a convicted rapist now

• Wow
Reactions: 13
When I was a freshman in high school, a girl in my class beat her grandmother to death. She fingered a suspect, let them stay in prison for over a year, and went on a press tour as the grieving granddaughter. It turns out her boyfriend was hiding upstairs while she committed the murder, and he eventually turned her in. She spent a few years in prison but went on to get a college degree, start a family and assimilate back into society. I didn't know her well at all, but I definitely would not have guessed she was capable of killing someone. She was a minor, so nobody was really even aware of it. I only knew because my best friend unknowingly lent her the murder weapon (one of them)....a violin case from orchestra. I am still curious about the motive, but they tend to protect minor offenders from the public so information is limited.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
When I was a freshman in high school, a girl in my class beat her grandmother to death. She fingered a suspect, let them stay in prison for over a year, and went on a press tour as the grieving granddaughter. It turns out her boyfriend was hiding upstairs while she committed the murder, and he eventually turned her in. She spent a few years in prison but went on to get a college degree, start a family and assimilate back into society. I didn't know her well at all, but I definitely would not have guessed she was capable of killing someone. She was a minor, so nobody was really even aware of it. I only knew because my best friend unknowingly lent her the murder weapon (one of them)....a violin case from orchestra. I am still curious about the motive, but they tend to protect minor offenders from the public so information is limited.
This sounds like a really interesting case. I always wonder about people who marry convicted murderers. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink thinking I'll be next

Reactions: 1
Not me personally, but my uncle was really close friends with Jeremy Bamber😬 my grandma absolutely despised him, said he was such a horrible person & always refused to let him into her house because she got such bad vibes from him, wouldn’t even let him go into the garden. When the whole thing happened she just sat there and said to my uncle “told you he was a bleeping psycho” 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I watched the documentary on YouTube last night about this she seemed like a lovely woman he’s a monster for what he did to her and her dog he did it for her money evil sod
Yes she seemed to love her dog Boris. I read she was still alive when she was put in the cesspit but unconscious which is just awful. And that he threw some dog toys in after her, so her dog jumped in for them and he then shut the lid on the cesspit. If so, that is evil. What he did to them is terrible, but the way he put them in that cesspit and left them, disgusts me so much. The footage of him when the police are in the garage shows how guilty he is I think. Horrendous that it looks like he killed his first wife too, although he had got away with it until he killed Helen!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
This sounds like a really interesting case. I always wonder about people who marry convicted murderers. I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink thinking I'll be next
I believe it was second degree murder, and happened in the heat of the moment after arguing. Not to mention that her grandmother was coming to take her to a meeting of the Jehovah's Witnesses, which I have come to learn is a particularly damaging religion/cult for young women. So it might all be very personal, with the rage directed toward this one specific victim. I have read that JW's are very much against educating their members, especially women, yet this girl was in this intense college prep high school, and got a college degree after being incarcerated. That is unheard of from what I have read about JWs. Perhaps she was desperate for the freedom to live her life as a independent woman out of the cult? Then again, the judge presiding over her parole hearing called her a "sociopath" for spending more than a year testifying against an innocent man.

Coincidentally, I only knew one other JW, from my high school, and she died as a teenager from a heart attack because they don't believe in treating eating disorders. I come from several generations of highly educated women, and I just spent the last decade researching and diagnosing my rare genetic disorder that ended in open heart surgery. I can't imagine anyone telling me that some god doesn't want me to get an education or life saving medical care. In this one particular case, I wouldn't be too scared if we crossed paths, but I don't know if I could ever share a bed with a murderer.

Reactions: 1
not murder but a girl I know had acid thrown on her by an abusive ex boyfriend 😞 he’s still in prison now.

a boy I knew from school stabbed another man to death, all over a girl. It was multiple stabs too. He’s also still in prison.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5