Have you ever known someone who turned out to be a murderer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes but that’s for another time. I did however go down the rabbit hole of the sex offenders register recently and found that far too many on the list were teachers. In all seriousness, it’s worth looking at your local area, I feel not enough people use it.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I remember he was already going out with an 18 year old right after he killed his wife, within days.
I think he was living in the city centre for a while, I used to see him in town quite a lot. *shudders*

Poor woman, but so awful for their kids as well. As if their mum being murdered wasn’t bad enough without what he did afterwards

Reactions: 2
If it was an accident he would have phoned for help straight away...not dump her body in woods and pretend she was missing.

Reactions: 3
Yeah this is very true. He must have panicked. I wonder if his new partner knows what he did.
Probably...his side of the story will be a pile of shite, that she won’t question. Some women have no self esteem.

A relative of mine started a relationship with a convicted rapist who had been to jail for it. He told her it was all a misunderstanding. Rape is one of the hardest crimes to get a conviction for. He’d lured a woman back to an empty property belonging to a friend of his. He raped her. She went to the police, who went to the apartment the following night. They didn’t have to wait long before he arrived at pub closing time with another intended victim.

In court it was going well for him until he was asked about consent ... he said “she said no but they all say that”.

This was all reported in the papers, and the clips shown to my relative. She still believed his story that it was all a mistake despite him doing several years in jail.

Unfortunately she came to realise it wasn’t a mistake and was lucky to escape with her life.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
My ex worked in a warehouse for a shop. I work in an office and a girl worked here who had a sister who had children to the guy my ex worked with.
This guy about 5 years ago was jailed for shaking a baby and causing brain damage to the poor baby.
I have no idea if the baby is still alive though :( he had life threatening injuries when it happened

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yes but that’s for another time. I did however go down the rabbit hole of the sex offenders register recently and found that far too many on the list were teachers. In all seriousness, it’s worth looking at your local area, I feel not enough people use it.
How did you do that? Google says there's no actual register for the general public to view?

I know someone who it turned out was filming his girlfriends daughter when she would shower or bathe in the bathroom. I didn't know him well, only met him a few times, he was distant friend of a friend type thing. It was disturbing to find out.

The idea of someone being "a bit off" I think is a comforting notion to people - that you'd be able to spot a killer, be aware of someone who is bad. People will often look back on moments or behaviours of people after they've found out something terrible about them, and attribute pretty normal actions or emotions as being off or weird. I think its dangerous to think like that. Rapists or murderers do not tend to act or look a certain way in their daily lives. They are very often, looking from the outside, completely normal.

Reactions: 7
Not murder but a lad from school got a prison sentence for repeatedly hitting someone across the head with a metal bar causing brain damage. He was always strange and dead behind the eyes.
small world, I think I know exactly who you’re talking about?!

Reactions: 1
In primary school one of my classmates was friendly with a boy in our class purely because they lived near each other in a rural area. As they got older they became a couple for a short while. Her parents although good friends with his were not happy and encouraged her to spend more time at my house, driving her there and back in the hope that she would find a different boyfriend, she did. In his early 20's he got a young girl pregnant and they moved in together. Social services were involved after finding him drunk on wine and the house stinking of cannabis. The child, only a couple of months old was shaken and slammed down and was killed. He went to prison and his parents left the area. Many years later on a night out with some people I worked with and their friends he followed me into the ladies and threatened me not to say anything. I hadn't even recognised him, I'd had very little to do with him. We were pub crawling so I just sloped off.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I didn't know him but my friend's ex's sister's partner killed their toddler.

Someone my partner was in the army with shook his baby to death also.

Horrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 3