Have you ever known someone who turned out to be a murderer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not quite murder but a guy in the year below from school took part in a burglary and very brutal assault which blinded a man. He eventually handed himself in and went to prison, where he was attacked and killed inside. He was always a bit of a dick but came from a lovely family so I was surprised. He had young children.

Also, not murder but seen people mention similar, my school was full of pedalos. One teacher took individual photos of all his students, including myself, on the first day of classes each year. He had affairs with multiple students and was later found with thousands of explicit photos and videos of children on his home computer and went to prison. Another teacher was having an affair with a girl in year 11 turned 6th former, his wife also worked at the school. He went to prison as well eventually. Another teacher left his wife for a 6th former and eventually married her but he did also go to prison for it at some point. Another teacher was convicted for having a relationship with a Year 10 student. Most of the PE staff were total p3rv3rts but I think they got away with it. Another of my teachers, who was new, slept with one of my classmates on a night out, not knowing she was a schoolgirl. That was awkward when he walked into our class on Monday morning. These were all male. A female teacher was also convicted for having a relationship with a boy in Year 11 at the time.
Jesus christ!!

I went to school with someone whose father was in prison for manslaughter for killing their grandfather (his own father) He was a nice man and I honestly don't think he planned to do it. They were out hunting at the time. No one knows exactly what happened but there was a row and I think the son just lost it. Nobody blamed him. There was a lot of sympathy for him when it happened. The grandfather was a horrible abusive man to everybody, so I can only imagine what he was like behind closed doors and what the family had been putting up with for years. The son admitted straight away that it wasn't an accident, but he didn't mean to do it, ie: he just reacted in the heat of the moment.

Reactions: 4
Jesus christ!!
Oh, again not murder but just an example of knowing someone who you would never believe has done something bad... A friend's dad groomed a girl at the SEN school he worked at. He was in his 50s and she was 16, although she looked about 13. He read her files so he knew how to manipulate her based on her past and her issues, and would change his rotas so he would be alone with her. He turned her against her family until she thought he was the only person looking out for her and she relied on him for everything. The school found out about the 'relationship' and advised him to leave of his own accord, so they didn't have to get the police involved, to protect their reputation, which I think is absolutely disgusting. She moved to a different education provider but he left his wife and the relationship continued for years until he eventually ran back to his wife. The girl's mother never involved the police or tried to stop it as she didn't want to push her further away. You'd never think it was possible if you met him. He comes across as so nice, normal, family orientated, charismatic, funny, it really is hard to believe what he did and how he has got away with it.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I used to get into Derrick Bird’s taxi quite a lot. I always found him to be unsociable and creepy.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Not quite murder but a guy in the year below from school took part in a burglary and very brutal assault which blinded a man. He eventually handed himself in and went to prison, where he was attacked and killed inside. He was always a bit of a dick but came from a lovely family so I was surprised. He had young children.

Also, not murder but seen people mention similar, my school was full of pedalos. One teacher took individual photos of all his students, including myself, on the first day of classes each year. He had affairs with multiple students and was later found with thousands of explicit photos and videos of children on his home computer and went to prison. Another teacher was having an affair with a girl in year 11 turned 6th former, his wife also worked at the school. He went to prison as well eventually. Another teacher left his wife for a 6th former and eventually married her but he did also go to prison for it at some point. Another teacher was convicted for having a relationship with a Year 10 student. Most of the PE staff were total p3rv3rts but I think they got away with it. Another of my teachers, who was new, slept with one of my classmates on a night out, not knowing she was a schoolgirl. That was awkward when he walked into our class on Monday morning. These were all male. A female teacher was also convicted for having a relationship with a boy in Year 11 at the time.
Was this a private school? I feel like private schools are where this tit gets pulled!

Reactions: 2
The day after my Dad's funeral, my Mum's best friend was murdered. Her partner just snapped and kicked her almost to the point of death. Shortly afterwards she passed away.

He was sent to a secure mental hospital to wait for trial. Then I found out that Will and Kate's Chelsea Garden had been moved to the same hospital to "create a beautiful space for patients and staff to enjoy". I don't think I'd ever felt so angry at the news.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
The day after my Dad's funeral, my Mum's best friend was murdered. Her partner just snapped and kicked her almost to the point of death. Shortly afterwards she passed away.

He was sent to a secure mental hospital to wait for trial. Then I found out that Will and Kate's Chelsea Garden had been moved to the same hospital to "create a beautiful space for patients and staff to enjoy". I don't think I'd ever felt so angry at the news.
Oh, God, that's awful... I'm sobbing and in tears.

My respects to those the bastard affected.

Reactions: 3
I don't know one personally but a guy in my neighborhood killed his own grandma (and I believe her friend or someone like that) because he was so in debt from gambling. My parents knew of him and they knew his family (acquaintances). It was quite a shock to everyone because he was a good engineering student, very polite and well-mannered, generally "a nice young guy." I believe he was in his early 20's. He got hooked on lottery/gambling and his ego was too big to let people know and ask for help. The murder was quite brutal. I was in middle school and reading about it scared me for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
A bloke I worked with killed somebody way back in the early 60's by dropping a paving slab on there head.

It was apparently a ‘Gang’ dispute.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Not murder but in high school our lifeguard (of all people) went to court for sending very sexually suggestive texts to some girls in the year above me. Honestly quite terrifying looking back at it

• Wow
Reactions: 1
My husband was in the same class as a man who has been convicted of murder. He strangled a lady in a hotel room. His family home is quite near us. Ordinary decent and hard working family. It shocked everyone to the core.

• Sad
Reactions: 3