Have you ever known someone who turned out to be a murderer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When my son was at nursery we got a message one day to say it was closed due to a bereavement. A 3 year old boy had died (it was said he’d choked on sick in his sleep).

It took a long time for the truth to come out. The mum’s boyfriend had killed the child and the mum allowed it to happen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
A guy i went was in my class in primary school was recently found gulity of murdering a baby girl. He ended up killing his girlfriends baby by either violently shaking her or throwing her. He was charged with murder and cruelty to a person under 16 relating to another child. His girlfriend ended up getting charged with causing/allowing the death of her baby daughter and the neglect of a person aged under 16.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
not murder but a girl I know had acid thrown on her by an abusive ex boyfriend 😞 he’s still in prison now.

a boy I knew from school stabbed another man to death, all over a girl. It was multiple stabs too. He’s also still in prison.
I think I know her too. She always looks so amazing now and has done really well for herself. I know she has to have annual major surgery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think I know her too. She always looks so amazing now and has done really well for herself. I know she has to have annual major surgery.
Yes, she has. She documents quite a lot of her treatment online, which I find really brave of her as so many would hide away from it. Lots of photos from when it first happened showing her progress to now, it's amazing really. I hope he doesn't get out for a very long time.

Reactions: 2
A Chap I went to school with didn't kill anybody (As far as I know) but instead was arrested as part of the Gang that got caught flying into Farnborough Airport with millions of pounds worth of drugs a couple of years back.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Ooh I forgot this one, I went to school with James Fairweather, he killed two people in my home town of Colchester, he was such a weirdo at school, he was always one of those you felt would grow up to be either a nonce or a murderer😂 always used to get the worst kind of vibes from him. He also bullied me relentlessly lol

• Wow
  • Sad
I went to school with a lot of people who have been done for various drugs offences and none of those surprised me.

He was never convicted, but it’s common knowledge where I grew up that a lad who was in the year below me killed another lad who had raped his (year below lads) girlfriend by deliberately knocking him down in a car. I’m sure the police also knew, but nobody would talk and I assume they never got enough proof to convict - the car was burnt out by the time they got to it.

He’d been quite quiet in school, I would never have expected he’d be able to even beat up someone else, never mind kill them,

• Sad
Back in 1996 my husbands friend in the parachute regiment had gone through a bad break up his marriage, his ex wife had moved her friend into their married quarters. He went round in the early hours and stabbed them both to death before throwing himself off the multi storey car park in the town centre. I could never look at that car park without thinking of that😔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Ooh I forgot this one, I went to school with James Fairweather, he killed two people in my home town of Colchester, he was such a weirdo at school, he was always one of those you felt would grow up to be either a ponce or a murderer😂 always used to get the worst kind of vibes from him. He also bullied me relentlessly lol
This guy was such a creep. Just reading about him freaked me out.

A lad I went to school with ended up beating his father to death with a Hammer a couple of years after we left school. He apparently pleaded on the basis of 'Diminished responsibility' and got sectioned instead of being sent to prison.

He's out now I think.

• Wow
  • Sad
Speaking of sex offenders. I was living in a temporary council flat for a year in a very deprived estate... on the lower floor to me was a dude that appeared to have learning difficulties and neighbours took pity there on him as he seemed lonely. He was a dab hand at fixing bicycles and would often be working on bikes on the green. Teens playing out would often take advantage of this and run their bicycles to him. As everyone seemed friendly with him I didn't suspect much at the time. He randomly added me to my Facebook one day and I accepted, like I had done with others in the block. A woman who I happened to be friends with from the next town noticed he wrote on one of my statuses (nothing that was readable as he seemed illiterate) she told me right away to remove him! He's a child sex offender! Turns out he had molestered a pre teen girl and was caught with indecent images and was moved there some years before. I blew him up to all the neighbours. He was quickly run out of the estate never to be seen again. It SICKENS me they put that vile individual on an estate which was always FULL of children playing out!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I went to school with a murderer. We were in the same class, not good friends though. When they were 14 or 15 they killed their grandmother when caught trying to rob her. I remember it was the talk of the school and the female teachers all crying about it.

They were put away, but I have no idea what happened to them after.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Yes. I will not name the monster but if you’re local you’ll know from me explaining. Woman, mother of 5 children I believe, I got to know her through a young (not blood but close) family member having cancer, she was involved in the charity work and although she gave me (and a lot of us) weird vibes, we were all very grateful for her efforts and she became very close to the family of the child. Rumours were about that her brother was the father of her children. Sadly, this was true. A year or two ago, it’s believed her older children discovered that their dad was not actually dead, but infact their uncle, and in an attempt to cover it up and stop social services taking her children, her attitude was “I brought them into the world, I will take them out.” Herself and the brother/father attempted to poison* the children and when that failed they hung and strangled the older boys and attempted to drown the rest. Sadly, the older boys did not survive. Heartbreaking story, really shocked the community. I believe they are knocking down the house it happened in and going to plant a memorial tree in its place. No body would ever want to live in that horror house.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Not murder, but I know two people who have done several years for GBH (both were always dickheads, one was a bully who got expelled from school for drug dealing and the other was a druggy himself and a bit of a twit), plus someone who got 9 years for Causing Death By Dangerous Driving, in a case which made the national news. He was always bit of a knob, but not *that* bad (although I did once have to give him a smack as a teenager for taking the piss out of my cousin).

Reactions: 1
I've shared the murderers I've come into contact with already.

But as for actual murder victims, sadly I know of a few. Mainly from domestics 😢

One of my friends father is in jail for life as he strangled and beat to death her mother - they were quite well off too.

There was a large group of siblings being bought up by their very elderly great grandmother in my primary school. Their father had attacked their mother with an axe and killed her.

Not the same as murder but a 12 year old girl who was very local to me took her own life as a direct result of school bullies. My son went to school with a young boy who took his own life with his school tie also. I bleeping hate bullies and they should face murder charges if its evident they've bullied someone to death.

My sisters ex girlfriends uncle died from one punch in a drunk fight with his best friend. There are many stories so simular within the homeless community.

Regarding NI. My ex husband was involved with the troubles over there and had many tales. Some of his tales from that time were pretty grim. A very deep rabbit hole. There was something about my ex husbands eyes that was very cold.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I've shared the murderers I've come into contact with already.

But as for actual murder victims, sadly I know of a few. Mainly from domestics 😢

One of my friends father is in jail for life as he strangled and beat to death her mother - they were quite well off too.

There was a large group of siblings being bought up by their very elderly great grandmother in my primary school. Their father had attacked their mother with an axe and killed her.

Not the same as murder but a 12 year old girl who was very local to me took her own life as a direct result of school bullies. My son went to school with a young boy who took his own life with his school tie also. I bleeping hate bullies and they should face murder charges if its evident they've bullied someone to death.

My sisters ex girlfriends uncle died from one punch in a drunk fight with his best friend. There are many stories so simular within the homeless community.

Regarding NI. My ex husband was involved with the troubles over there and had many tales. Some of his tales from that time were pretty grim. A very deep rabbit hole. There was something about my ex husbands eyes that was very cold.

Oh wow please elaborate on the Ni stories if you're comfortable doing so, sounds so morbidly interesting

Oh wow please elaborate on the Ni stories if you're comfortable doing so, sounds so morbidly interesting
Well, in his possession he had a bundle of old photographs. Some of what he showed me was absolutely awful. He was a very abusive, violent man but I also accept severely troubled. I was also 16 years younger than him.

I usually remove the fine hairs from my arms by burning them off with a flame and did it in our kitchen one day. I didn't imagine how much it would trigger/upset him. He exploded and crumpled, he completely switched. When he apologised he pulled out some photos. Many he was in a red uniform, parades, etc. I believe Ulster? UVF? Many photographs of murals. Then, it got to photos of very injured people/dead people. One stuck out the most, it was of a charred burnt body, Ibcould make out teeth, some hair, an eye hanging from a socket. I'm not sure for what reason, but he and his commarades were with this body for over a week. He told me the charred hair smell smelt like that body and he couldn't shake it. People being burnt alive was apparently really common.

I used to ask if he had ever killed himself. There were vague answers. Neither yes or no. But his eyes spoke if you know what I mean?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8