Harry & Meghan #81 You chose to do a moonlight flit, you Mermaid your bed, now lie in it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About that 'secret wedding'

Omid Scobie wrote this story for US Weekly 3 years ago.....

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Clarence House has reposted information about Domestic Abuse, when we think H is being abused, coincidence? Probably, but interesting timing

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

"Duchess of Cornwall says she's 'delighted' UK train companies will continue to provide free rail travel for those fleeing from domestic violence amid reports of rising levels of abuse during lockdown
Rail to Refuge is a joint initiative between rail companies and Women's Aid
The scheme provides free rail travel to those escaping domestic abuse
Camilla said she was 'delighted' UK train companies are extending scheme"

Now this is something that the clucking gruesome twosome wouldn't touch with a bargepole because: 1) it's an actual working plan that actually helps real people; 2) it's PR seems to in plain English, not jargon, waffle or - to be quite blunt about it - shite; 3) it isn't glamorous enough for them, after all it's a sodding train not a private jet being used duhhh 🙄

As an aside, I wasn't aware of this scheme. It's fantastic. Spread the news. Go Camilla 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 61

"The Duke of Sussex (left in his company photo) has been appointed 'chief impact officer' at mental health services business BetterUp by CEO Alexi Robichaux, where he will help promote an app used by corporate giants including Hilton, Facebook and oil firm Chevron to improve the wellbeing of their staff. Harry, whose new role could command a seven-figure salary plus share options, was introduced to the BetterUp co-founder through unnamed mutual friend last year, and after they weighed up 'four buckets of opportunities', they agreed to start working together, Mr Robichaux said today. He told Sky News (main picture): 'We were just so impressed, and really I think there was such a natural chemistry and synergy around the insights and the contributions he can make creatively to BetterUp in ensuring that we achieve our mission'. Harry's first real job will see him spending time at the firm's San Francisco office - when Covid-19 allows - where the prince can take part in weekly office yoga sessions (bottom right), beat a punch bag when he's frustrated or pet the office dog 'Gordo' (inset) when he's concerned about his 'wellness'. He can also bring his dogs Guy and Pula to work if he likes. BetterUp also throws regular onesie-heavy fancy dress parties for staff (top right), including at Halloween - but if this gets too much for the prince he can relax using some of his five 'inner work' days a year - on top of his holiday days - to focus on 'personalised growth' by hiking in California, reading books or doing volunteer work. "

I need 4 buckets to vomit in 🤢🤮 after reading this about his new firm... And I bet they needed 4 buckets after listening to him waffling on about what he could contribute to the firm - i.e. nothing, except maybe
his own personal onesie 🙄.

And I wouldn't let him anywhere near poor Gordo 🐕 either!!!
Wait, so he will actually have to physically 'go to work'?? Megsy is getting him out of her way then...leaving her free to scheme a bit more 😂

Plus, if it was yoga, dog-petting & onsie parties he was after, I'm sure they could have easily been arranged alongside his previous RF life, without the need for all this crap and drama 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sorry to change subject just reading the story about that poor seal that was attacked by the dog and had to be put down. Bless his heart. I get so upset seeing animals suffer.

Anyway I need to lay off here for a while as I get so angry reading all this bile associated with M&H. Humour is my way of coping.

Take care all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
What's that gotta do with the price of fish?
Back in 2015, Omid Scobie wrote a piece on Angelina Jolie's 'secret wedding'. Meghan thinks she's the next incarnation of Angelina, so did they stick in a 'secret wedding' story thinking it was a bit of Brangelina celebrity cos-play? Maybe this was all just stupidity, not blackmail?

That said, I keep thinking if the wedding ceremony answer was straightforward, Lambeth Palace would have made a short, simple comment on the record. Makes me think there's something not quite right here about what the Archbish was persuaded to do by La Markle. He was very noticeably infatuated by her...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Back in 2015, Omid Scobie wrote a piece on Angelina Jolie's 'secret wedding'. Meghan thinks she's the next incarnation of Angelina, so did they stick in a 'secret wedding' story thinking it was a bit of Brangelina celebrity cos-play? Maybe this was all just stupidity, not blackmail?

That said, I keep thinking if the wedding ceremony answer was straightforward, Lambeth Palace would have made a short, simple comment on the record. Makes me think there's something not quite right here about what the Archbish was persuaded to do by La Markle. He was very noticeably infatuated by her...
Angie and Brad were forced to get legally married in the US because they weren't French citizens, it wasn't secret, it was the law. Their "spectacle wedding" in France had only 20 guests because they promised their kids. There was no reason for Meghan to invent her secret wedding unless she is trying to say she was forced to have the "spectacle wedding", or she is trying to get the Archbishop in trouble for conducting illegal secret weddings.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Maybe they were both 'confused', having over indulged pre- nuptials? That is the charitable view I've come to, being a mega-humanitarian etec etc!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Angie and Brad were forced to get legally married in the US because they weren't French citizens, it wasn't secret, it was the law. Their "spectacle wedding" in France had only 20 guests because they promised their kids. There was no reason for Meghan to invent her secret wedding unless she is trying to say she was forced to have the "spectacle wedding", or she is trying to get the Archbishop in trouble for conducting illegal secret weddings.
Yes, France requires a civil wedding for any legal marriage - different from UK. Seems too big a coincidence that Omid wrote a story about Angelina then the same nonsense pops up for the Harkles.

There's something in the background here about the Archbishop, I agree. Not necessarily about the alleged secret rehearsal though, maybe something else.

Back on podcast-watch, their new hire Ben Browning is in charge of Archewell Production and Archewell Audio. Note to Harkles - update your Arsewell website! No mention of 'our team' as yet...

Putting a couple of things together, Browning has a good track record as a producer and is credible. He will want this to be a success personally, or he'll move on pretty sharpish. He's now owning the relationships with Netflix and Spotify - they will be happy to deal with someone who knows how many beans make five. Maybe the fact that Sunshine Sachs are now only tasked with Archewell Foundation PR is related - Ben B has control of publicity for all the streaming / podcast work. He's no fool.

There was a rumour that Netflix thought the first cut of the Harkles 'our year in America' documentary was a vanity project and not good enough. Shortly after that, Browning came on board. The Cringecast emerged in December and was an international joke. Again, Browning is now running the audio side. I'm not sure what will be coming out but it's probably going to be a lot better and won't necessarily star the Harkles. No more vanity projects. He's going to cut deals with small podcast producers with a 'woke' theme, and promote them under the Archewell brand, most likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30

I completely agree.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
You just can't make this tit up.. Prince Chimpo is now a Commissioner for Information Disorder 🤯

Prince Harry has announced another new job today - his second in 48 hours - as a commissioner for study into the 'avalanche of misinformation' in the digital world funded by a controversial billionaire.

The Duke of Sussex is joining the Aspen Institute's new Commission on Information Disorder along with Kathryn Murdoch, the wife of Rupert Murdoch's son James, who resigned from his father's media empire last year.

The commission is funded by billionaire Craig Newmark, who founded the Craigslist, a classified adverts website branded a 'cesspool of crime' after it emerged hundreds of crimes were facilitated as a result of contact via the site, including women exploited in a growing 'sex for rent' scandal during the coronavirus pandemic.

Let's hear what Lord High Prince Chimpo the Commissioner has to say:

Harry said in a statement: 'As I've said, the experience of today's digital world has us inundated with an avalanche of misinformation, affecting our ability as individuals as well as societies to think clearly and truly understand the world we live in.

'It's my belief that this is a humanitarian issue and as such, it demands a multi-stakeholder response from advocacy voices, members of the media, academic researchers, and both government and civil society leaders. I'm eager to join this new Aspen commission and look forward to working on a solution-oriented approach to the information disorder crisis.'

Well Hazza, about that 'avalanche of misinformation', maybe there are a few items from your Oprah interview you might like to clear up first...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
I really cannot with this. Just cannot. Probably accelerated the announcement to one-up Zara-the-Warrior-Princess birth announcement.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Apologies if I am rehashing topics discussed 100 times already, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone think that Meghan came up with the whole "secret wedding" storyline based on Grace Kelly's experience? She had a small private civil ceremony at the palace throne room prior to the huge public church wedding a day or so later. She reportedly changed out of her wedding suit immediately after so she was not photographed by the press in it, as the public wedding festivities continued on. She and her prince later commented on how the press intrusion of the extensive wedding traditions of Monaco made it an exhausting public spectacle, and they wished the could have kept it small and private.

The difference is that the laws of Monaco required both the private and public ceremonies, whereas it is specifically outlawed in England. Not to mention Meghan has been accused of demanding the huge spectacle wedding (more expensive than Kate and Will's), inviting celebrities she had never even met, when it wasn't ever required, or even expected, for "the spare" in the past (and his bride who had been around the block a few times already). Grace Kelly actually had to pay millions out of her own pocket via a dowry for that multi-day royal wedding she was required to have by law. Who did Meghan say forced her to have her spectacle wedding and why?

Do you think Meghan was worried they would have to pay the millions back to taxpayers after bolting (like the Frogmore reno), and this was her way of trying to get the public to believe she was forced into the pomp and circumstance like Grace Kelly? Mistakingly thinking the private Monaco wedding (virtually unknown to the public) was "secret" and "just for them"? I know she is obviously imitating Diana in her major storylines, but I assume she also feels like she is Grace Kelly, since they were both employed as actors when they married their princes.

Who knows ... it also shows how ignorant she is. In Monaco (and France) the civil ceremony is the legally binding wedding. It is the only compulsory ceremony in order to be considered married.

The religious ceremony is a sacrament before God and the Church. So she is essentially calling a sacrament to a religion she just converted to in order to marry her prince a spectacle. Nice one Meg.

Reactions: 24
Prince Commissioner Chimpo has got 2 “jobs” in 48 hours when there’s thousands of people who have lost their jobs throughout the coronavirus pandemic. I just can’t anymore.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.