Harry & Meghan #81 You chose to do a moonlight flit, you Mermaid your bed, now lie in it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Putting an unqualified, inexperienced, untrained clown at the head of such a position ridiculises the entire concept and importance of good mental health and geniune support. This is so wrong.
Mental health is a subcategory of overall health. Let's change the word "mental" to "cardiovascular " and give Hazno the same title : don't care if it is "cosmetic"... the optics is that it trivialises the importance. You would put at the very least a doctor or a nurse with experience in, say, cardiovascular disease,/research/surgery. You do not put someone like Hazza who was incapable of getting his suicidal wife the proper care.
Seething

I bet they will also use those fine arts of Graphology and Phrenology. I'd love to hear their expert views on MMs scribbles and JCMHs friar tuck
You hit the nail on the head. This sounds like a more sophisticated version of the old dodgy salesmen that were after a fast buck never mind the quality of their wares. People are meant to be impressed by all those long words and not question their true meaning.

Do you know people used to sell water with radium in it supposedly for their health benefits?

Some people are easily fooled but not us on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
bleeping hell. This is just going to be the gift that keeps on giving.
Unwisely, I read the whole thing in the hope of finding out more about the 4 bucket review - I am no better informed. The whole thing is nauseating and so undignified - certainly at least 4 buckets full of gushing tit about talents we all know he doesn't have.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just a thought: I wonder could the RF have manoeuvered Harry into this job, on the quiet ?

Flatter both Whinge and Ginge with a shiny word salad job title in a wokey wokey company, but the company happens to be MH related and gives Ginge not only the chance to get away from Whinge, but also opens up the opportunity for him to actually get help without either of them realising it.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
"Four buckets of opportunity" 😂

Well done Harry; you have found the wokest, most bullshit bingo, millennial mayhem, company of chancers on the planet.

Just the latest in a series of fashionable cowboy corporates blown up to unsustainable proportions, everybody's darling for having a trendy CEO with the global gift of the gab managing to pull the wool over the eyes of the numpties at Facebook, Google and the big accountancy consultancies and extract maximum cash out of them for a few years. Until the clouds clear and the red bull fog wears off, and just like WeWork etc, people start to ask "wait - what does this company actually do? and how does it plan to make any money going forward" and it all comes crashing down when everyone runs to jump into the next darling company instead. Like all of venture capital, the trick is to get in, collect big, and get back out before that happens, don't be the Dominic Chappell left holding the keys after everyone else took what they wanted and legged it.

Harry's appointment, has already got them what they needed, a few days of headlines and publicity and the sort of building of brand awareness that money can't buy. They already don't need him any more, his purpose is served. It's like Nick Clegg and Facebook all over again. He will turn up once or twice for token photoshoots and he'll walk away with a few million dollars, and nothing more will be said. The trouble for Harry is that he can't keep repeating the stunt. Unless he actually has the business brains of Bill Gates or Larry Ellison or Warren Buffet he's just someone else's tool, their headline grabber. But each time he does it the eye rolls grow and his value falls. I doubt he can see that he's just there to be used.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
When I heard the story I thought it was the company Better Help. BetterUp seems like a dodgy marketing company that are looking to make coin from mental health.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
When I heard the story I thought it was the company Better Help. BetterUp seems like a dodgy marketing company that are looking to make coin from mental health.
Is it similar to Better Life of Better Ware? You know the free brochures that come in magazines selling things such as incontinence ware.

I always wanted to be a model for those incontinence knicker photos. It would make my mum so proud!

Oh and don’t forget that tube thing you can piss in whilst smiling!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The best thing Meghan can do is open a Grifting Academy. I'm being serious. To help aspiring actors get gigs. It takes a certain amount of skill to become a good Grifter, although admittedly some do have a 'gift' for it.

Media outlets (both Broadcast and Print) are always desperate to fill time or pages with people willing to talk bullsh1t about some topic or other respected people in the field will avoid or don't the have time to, so the work IS out there if you know how to Grift well and beat the other suckers who can't Grift or who are as I like to call: 'honest'.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Also, will Mummy Megs have to accompany him to work? - we know she won't let him out of her sight!
She will most likely pull one of her !!!Überraschung!!! stints aka surprise, surprise, look who is here!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
She will most likely pull one of her !!!Überraschung!!! stints aka surprise, surprise, look who is here!
You’re far too clever for me. What is Uberraschung? Sorry I didn’t use the dot on the U.

Reactions: 7
BetterUP are just one of many woke companies trading off the back of Mental Health for enormous amounts of money. Lots of companies now as part of staff packages offer mental health support. Especially those in high stress jobs, first responders, police, health workers and many more roles. I also note that the best selling books / non fiction.. are self help books and some canny strategists who want to make a shed load of money because this is what it is a Business Venture, are capitalising on Mental Health under the guise of " offering support".

They may have "tools" in their tool box, with apps and direct mentoring, 35 hour courses - to overcome whatever issue you have .OH! and you get a certificate (nice). But you can't hide what this is to those with a few brain cells, its a business. Feeding off the back of unfortunates.

What infuriates me is that they appear to have backing from supposedly ethical investment banks to enable this snake oil trade . I may be naive but surely there are double standards at work here with the Wokerati.?? Leave mental health to the Professionals

• Heart
Reactions: 29

"The Duke of Sussex (left in his company photo) has been appointed 'chief impact officer' at mental health services business BetterUp by CEO Alexi Robichaux, where he will help promote an app used by corporate giants including Hilton, Facebook and oil firm Chevron to improve the wellbeing of their staff. Harry, whose new role could command a seven-figure salary plus share options, was introduced to the BetterUp co-founder through unnamed mutual friend last year, and after they weighed up 'four buckets of opportunities', they agreed to start working together, Mr Robichaux said today. He told Sky News (main picture): 'We were just so impressed, and really I think there was such a natural chemistry and synergy around the insights and the contributions he can make creatively to BetterUp in ensuring that we achieve our mission'. Harry's first real job will see him spending time at the firm's San Francisco office - when Covid-19 allows - where the prince can take part in weekly office yoga sessions (bottom right), beat a punch bag when he's frustrated or pet the office dog 'Gordo' (inset) when he's concerned about his 'wellness'. He can also bring his dogs Guy and Pula to work if he likes. BetterUp also throws regular onesie-heavy fancy dress parties for staff (top right), including at Halloween - but if this gets too much for the prince he can relax using some of his five 'inner work' days a year - on top of his holiday days - to focus on 'personalised growth' by hiking in California, reading books or doing volunteer work. "

I need 4 buckets to vomit in 🤢🤮 after reading this about his new firm... And I bet they needed 4 buckets after listening to him waffling on about what he could contribute to the firm - i.e. nothing, except maybe
his own personal onesie 🙄.

And I wouldn't let him anywhere near poor Gordo 🐕 either!!!
My first thoughts were of Gordo’s wellbeing & his truth.

• Haha
  • Sad
Venture capitalists and ‘disrupters’ take old ideas and repackage them and it’s all a con. Someone did a kickstarted for ‘last q tip’ which was a silicon reusable one. Then they decided to go more and do ‘last tissues’ which were washable and in a carry case. And everyone said to them ‘so you’ve invented the handkerchief’. Don’t think that one got funded however much they tried to say it was revolutionary.
Also now cotton buds have paper not plastic stalks aren’t they recyclable?

They will get an apartment or she will
Wondering if this new job is a cover up for his escape route
Yep, this is what I was saying up thread. Something to get away from her and get help at the same time.

Reactions: 13
I read all this blurb about the new firm Harry will be getting money from and just think, "yeah, yeah, yeah, but what do you actually DO?"

Same with Archewell and Travelyst - what do they actually DO?

Emperor's New Clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.