Harry & Meghan #58 From bump concealing to thunder stealing. Poor Eugenie how you feeling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This photo really stood out to me while I was skimming through the various news articles shared in this thread earlier today.

Isn‘t it a lovely, sweet picture? The Queen is genuinely smiling broadly and Hazza is trying his best to stifle a laugh. It really touched me and made me feel very sad for what both he and the RF have potentially lost. There is genuine affection there between a grandma and grandson. What a bloody shame eh? He has been a fool, a complete and utter fool.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
This photo really stood out to me while I was skimming through the various news articles shared in this thread earlier today.

Isn‘t it a lovely, sweet picture? The Queen is genuinely smiling broadly and Hazza is trying his best to stifle a laugh. It really touched me and made me feel very sad for what both he and the RF have potentially lost. There is genuine affection there between a grandma and grandson. What a bloody shame eh? He has been a fool, a complete and utter fool.
It's a beautiful photo. Very genuine expressions on both of their faces. It's one of my favourite photos of any of the RF. It's a bittersweet image now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Hoping that Prince Philip pulls through. 🙏

(Hi not new to Tattle, but just found you (this forum). I'm a total anti - Harry and Meghan person. Hoping the Queen will cut ties with them on March 31st. Also, I was gobsmacked with Meghan's court win. I hope that will be rectified!)

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Hoping that Prince Philip pulls through. 🙏

(Hi not new to Tattle, but just found you (this forum). I'm a total anti - Harry and Meghan person. Hoping the Queen will cut ties with them on March 31st. Also, I was gobsmacked with Meghan's court win. I hope that will be rectified!)
I hope she cuts ties before 7th march.
Then there will be no active link to the RF and they can't have their interview introduced as the DandDoS.😱

• Heart
Reactions: 29

He's as thick as pigshit, though. He's been afforded all manner of support, financial, emotional. Threw it all back in Granny's face.

He can stay away permanently as far as I'm concerned. At first I thought he'd be back in the fold after the inevitable divorce, but if Phil checks out and he stays away...he might become like Uncle David, a permanent exile.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I'm new to this thread, only on thread #2 but wanted to see what everyone was saying about Philip. Even though I've never liked Harry, I couldn't stand Meghan as soon as she turned up (she reminds me of my sister who is a severe narcissist so Meghan set off multiple major red flags for me and I've been so confused why everyone seems to love her so I'm pleased I've found like-minded people here.)

I do hope Phillip pulls through, if only so that when he does die, the Queen can be at his side rather than have him shut away from her in hospital. I wonder if he does die and the Oprah interview goes ahead if they'll mention his old quotes in a "the old racist royal family ways are dying off, look at the new type of royal family" sort of way.

They can't well say 'this is it, lads, he's not got long left'. Hence the usual platitudes.

I can't remember much about the Queen Mother passing away, which is the last comparable death, so it's hard to say how it was reported. 24 hour news channels existed then, but all I remember was a BBC Newsflash saying she had died, can't even recall much of a build up.
The only thing I remembered was there being a to-do about the newsreader's tie colour so I looked it up and the broadcast is on youtube here.

Also found an article from Peter Sissons explaining about the broadcast and how it had been previously planned for wall-to-wall coverage when she died but the head changed it after 9/11 because they thought it would be insensitive to give her death the same amount of airtime.

Reactions: 28
I hope she cuts ties before 7th march.
Then there will be no active link to the RF and they can't have their interview introduced as the DandDoS.😱
I wish TQ could change their titles to, say, the Count and Countess of Sussex. That way when they get introduced, folks could accidentally (sorry -- not sorry) lean into a mispronunciation of the bleep and Cuntess of .... As it is now, they are avoid French-speaking countries as she would be pronounced "La Douchesse" which hopefully is how she was introduced in Morocco.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm new to this thread, only on thread #2 but wanted to see what everyone was saying about Philip. Even though I've never liked Harry, I couldn't stand Meghan as soon as she turned up (she reminds me of my sister who is a severe narcissist so Meghan set off multiple major red flags for me and I've been so confused why everyone seems to love her so I'm pleased I've found like-minded people here.)

I do hope Phillip pulls through, if only so that when he does die, the Queen can be at his side rather than have him shut away from her in hospital. I wonder if he does die and the Oprah interview goes ahead if they'll mention his old quotes in a "the old racist royal family ways are dying off, look at the new type of royal family" sort of way.

The only thing I remembered was there being a to-do about the newsreader's tie colour so I looked it up and the broadcast is on youtube here.

Also found an article from Peter Sissons explaining about the broadcast and how it had been previously planned for wall-to-wall coverage when she died but the head changed it after 9/11 because they thought it would be insensitive to give her death the same amount of airtime.
Thing is, HMTQM was fairly well liked. She was seen as quite a benign figure who did OK during the war, liked a drink and a flutter on the horses. She'd also seen off Wallis Simpson, who older people bleeping hated. I remember my Granny had a real visceral hatred of WS.

Will be interesting when Phil passes, he definitely polarises opinion more, but the older generations definitely see him as having provided a lifetime of service. I quite like his no bullshit approach to most things.

If Haz and Megz start hurling racism accusations without much evidence, immediately before or after Phil dies, then they'll never be forgiven in the UK. That's why I wonder if his options for return might be drying up. She made him move to California for a reason, and that reason is 50% in the event of a divorce. She's not that stupid. He is very stupid.

Reactions: 30
I don't think it's anything to do with being American. For me its totally about her behaviour and it started with those stupid bananas before it was even confirmed they were a couple. The blatant dropping hints here there and everywhere and then Haza firing off at the press to stop hounding her and to leave her alone and yet there was nothing in the press about her at all only the staged photos she had set up.
I dont think her being American matters at all.......
but what does matter is that as an American, she didn't bother to find out that Britain culturally isnt the same country as the USA. Yes we share a language, but there are massive differences as well! If you choose to marry and live in a new country, i would expect her to make a bit more effort to get to know the culture and history of the country, instead of just assuming its the same as the USA!

I think she assumed being a Princess would be like something out of a Disney film, like the Princess Diaries, where Princesses get to play dress up and go to dance at balls......Where she would be waited on hand and foot, and every desire immediately fulfilled by teams of servants.......without finding out that the life of a senior Royal isnt much like this at all!

I also think she miscalculated the British sense of humour, irony and sarcasm.... and takes silly headlines personally!
And Im generalising hugely here......There is also a difference between perception of a Hollywood/Californian over the top sugary attitude, compared to the more tongue in cheek, diffident, stiff upper lip British mentality!

and I think there are also massive differences in how racism and religion are seen on different sides of the Atlantic. Remember things like Meghan and Harry had no idea that Britain had been celebrating Black History month in the UK for years.... and the style of the preacher at her wedding, was 'unusual' for British viewers, because he gushed so much and didnt stop talking!

Last edited:
Reactions: 37
John Humphrys also with baby bump in inverted commas! Second journalist who has written a piece for the Daily Mail that has done so!
Yes I noticed that too! The gloves are off.
Shame it isn't him interviewing them, he'd be great 😆🥊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Shame it isn't him interviewing them, he'd be great 😆
The journos just don’t give a flying duck anymore! He would be a good interviewer but as much as I don’t agree with him at times, Piers Morgan would also be quite fun!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Shame it isn't him interviewing them, he'd be great 😆🥊
I expect we'll see loads more of this, as its very difficult to sue in the UK for opinion pieces - there's a defence of 'are these views a reasonable person could have held?'. No one wants to head to court to have the judge find that the reasonable person might well think that you are a useless bleep.

Although I would love to see it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The journos just don’t give a flying duck anymore! He would be a good interviewer but as much as I don’t agree with him at times, Piers Morgan would also be quite fun!!
I'd prefer John, Piers is too hectoring for me. He does my head in.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'd prefer John, Piers is too hectoring for me. He does my head in.
Good point actually! Put them on Jerry Springer and bring out the RF and Thomas Markle one at a time as a kind of intervention for Hazza. Let Brenda come out and rip him a new one accompanied by her Corgis. That’s your Netflix contract fulfilled right there!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Good point actually! Put them on Jerry Springer and bring out the RF and Thomas Markle one at a time as a kind of intervention for Hazza. Let Brenda come out and rip him a new one accompanied by her Corgis. That’s your Netflix contract fulfilled right there!
That would be a ratings winner 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.