Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
Full title should be
Harry & Meghan #58 From bump concealing to thunder stealing. Poor Eugenie how are you feeling?
but it wouldn't fit so I went a bit Joey from Friends and missed out "are".

Congratulations and thanks to @cosmo girl for the new title, with an immense 77 likes! (Here)

Thread continues from here:

I am going to let the Daily Star summarise the current position with their excellent front pages! There is not a lot more needing to be said!
1613583628125.png
1613583646397.png

At the time of writing, sending Best Wishes to Prince Philip who's just gone into hospital.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
This photo really stood out to me while I was skimming through the various news articles shared in this thread earlier today.

Isn‘t it a lovely, sweet picture? The Queen is genuinely smiling broadly and Hazza is trying his best to stifle a laugh. It really touched me and made me feel very sad for what both he and the RF have potentially lost. There is genuine affection there between a grandma and grandson. What a bloody shame eh? He has been a fool, a complete and utter fool.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70

IAmCitizenXx

Hej allisammans!/ Hello everyone! here comes another long-time lurker out from the shadows. I haven't been sure if I could or should post here. I'm neither American nor British but a Swedish gal who couldn't be more fed up by Smeg and Mr No Balls.
I've always been fascinated by the British Royal Family, far more than in our own monarchy - to me, they’re as interesting as watching paint dry.

At the beginning, I was more or less Team Meghan. Hooked by the TV watching the wedding. I truly rooted for her and Harry but more and more, I was starting to get a sour taste in my mouth whenever I read Meghan’s name.

Swedish media are as sugary as The Sugars themselves regarding H&M and The Royal Family is of course put in a bad light with talk about racism, sexism. The media might not say certain things outright but it’s clear as a day where their bias lies.

I found all you amazing guys a year and a half ago, finding such relief I wasn’t alone with my thought and feelings about Smeggy The Smeg and oh dear, all the laughs I’ve been given by you! That kind of brutal, sarcastic humor is more or less forbidden in today’s Sweden - The Little Country of Offended

Oh lord, I’m rambling. I’m so sorry. While I am a Swede, I hope my love for UK and The British Royals will grant me a space here.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Baguette

VIP Member
Bringing back my second place attempt from the last thread (just in case we rattle along and need some options!)

Harry & Meghan #59 The press are abusive, here's our Oprah exclusive!

• Haha
Reactions: 66

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Lovely pic of Eugenie and Jack and their son, August Philip (knew that would be in there somewhere ❤)

And we can see baby's face! That's how you do it.
Screenshot_20210220_104651.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Limey

VIP Member
This is going to sound terrbile...I know!

BUT

Do you think Prince Phillip is taking one for the team by going to the hospital. That way if Smeghead and Ginge go on Oprah they will look terrible slagging of the RF
Nothing would surprise me, but I think we're crediting Haz and Megz with way too much importance.

Phil's 99, and doesn't look the best. Put it this way, my friend's mum walked into hospital last Thursday, she was in good spirits etc. She was dead 48 hours later. I doubt this is a stunt.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

catp

I've hit my (Friday night) wine early in celebration.🍷🍷🍷 !!

Gangan has said "no deal" to the suitcase girl...

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I am hoping that they do this out of spite. They will be shooting themselves in the foot (feet?).
Well, she can't bloody miss those humongous boats can she?

how exactly will Smeggy "support" Mayhew from a different country in a different timezone? :unsure:
To be fair, in this year of everything being turned on its head, and no personal visits, we were all affected by the lack of personal contact, but unaffected by distance. The point is...it really didn't matter where they were.

I'm sure we can all remember their inspiring, uplifting zoom vids. Harry's support of Walking with the Wounded ( in their special anniversary year, no less) with his funny and child-friendly how to stay "feet"/fit in 5 square feet fitness posts throughout lockdown were bloody useful for those living in flats with bored toddlers. Her tireless support combining BOTH the National Theatre and Smart works was truly amazing - her "Hollywood Closet" podcasts inviting the famous each week to tell one thing they have never told anyone was at times heart-rending, at times shocking, and sometimes laugh 'till you cry funny! They raised awareness for these wonderful causes, but also donated one item of clothing from their closet suitable for job interviews or for auction to raise funds. And the The "Dog-walk challenge UK to USA" inviting dog owners from both sides of the pond to team up, log their miles, donate 10 cents or 10 pence per mile and try to "reach each other" was fabulous and has raised an extra-ordinary amount of money for dog shelters in both countries. Turns out the "nation of dog-lovers" was also the "nation of walkers" - come on US dog lovers, 2021 for the re-match....

Harry's Military Mayhem video's have been beyond hilarious, his challenges to serving and ex-military have been so, so funny. Even Sir Captain Tom took up the "keep the Rugby ball going" video challenge, God rest his soul. They raised £££ for military charities and cheered everyone up during a miserable year - not to mention the raising awareness of some serious issues - such as depression during lockdown. Well done them.

Oh no, wait. THEY DID FUCK ALL. I've literally just made that up after a glass of wine in one minute. Why didn't they do anything? Too busy trying to LOOK good rather than thinking about doing some good. Completely missed the point that if they'd DONE some good, it would have automatically made them look better, without spending millions on PR. Passing bandwagons mean nothing - they should have been supporting their patronages.

Oh and they are all my ideas - so not your "copyright" Megz. You can contact me to negotiate.... Might ask @freda19 to help with that.... 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
It's clear the wheels are coming off. They genuinely don't understand why they can't do both.

they cite other royals of examples of people who have a private income - but Eugenie for example receives no privy funding, undertakes minimal engagements (those she does are for charities she is personally a patron of), generally keeps a low profile and lives in England. She isn't in the press four times a week, getting involved with politics, signing mega million contracts, going on talk shows to talk about the Royals, and constantly in a war of words with her family: why would any normal family want people like H&M to represent them. Let alone one that has a thousand years of history to balance and maintain.

they don't even live here! It took Meghan less than two years to merch her title and royal experience via a biography, Goldman Sachs, Disney, Spotify, Netflix and now Oprah. It's embarrassing! It's so so aggressive, and so is doing all this via the press (which is something she was "heartbroken" by according to the infamous letter to her father). She's an extremely cunning figure, and how anyone has any sympathy left for them is astounding. Treating a 94yo woman like that, let alone someone you love, let alone when their other half of nearly 80 years is in hospital...that takes a special breed. Their aggression and connivance is bared to all, and this is the fall of the Markles.

As others have said, there were a thousand eloquent ways to accept and praise the queen for the space and peace to pursue their new life. To say they loved and respected her. They walked away from Royal life yet seem to think they could be paid by Disney, mega buck corporations and banks, and still virtue signal atop their Royal status. They could have used their platform to talk about young actors, Hollywood, people with disabilities, the health service, mental health during lockdown, but no, as ever, me me me me me me me me me me me me, we are doing this to appearance and instead of talking about people like this, it's me me me me the royals me me me me.

finally, the other royals who aren't even working royals either, aren't paid for appearances. So, congratulations on yet another deliciously stupid narrative. This is like the horn of plenty and I am here for it. The palace are so wise, these idiots are taking themselves out readying their own shotguns.

*TV appearance sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 60

freda19

VIP Member
I suspect the oprah recording will now be edited, if not re recorded fully, because now Smeggy will be taking the gloves off and fat oprah has no need to tip toe around things. Now, not for a moment did I buy the "we will respect the Queen in our oprah interview" PR puff shite, but I assumed she'd be super careful in any references to the senior Royals. I knew Wills and Kate would get a sly kicking couched in flowery word salad, but def thought Brenda would get a bye ball. Now though? Oh dear, she is seething. That statement was 100% hers, with him running around gormlessly fetching her mushroom lattés and muttering "yes sweetheart, of course darling, well said!" while she battered the keyboard like a demented chimp(no racism intended, get over it).
Bitch is fuuuuuming! She's now stuck with a visually unattractive, ill tempered, thick, useless, jobless, talentless, uneducated ginger bloke ... and those red carpets and tiaras and world travel on Brenda's dime are but a distant memory.
Oh dear. Never mind. Moving on.

• Haha
  • Heart

rainyfaces

Chatty Member
I've met Princess Anne on a number of occasions and she is very normal, and also clearly tough. She is much like a farmer's wife in all the right respects, compassionately pragmatic, straight talking, no time for nonsense. She walks around her estate at equine events dressed down and striding along with a big stick. She's formidable, and an incredible sense of fair play. If she led a squadron of marines I would be afraid, very afraid.

As for the constant racism shouts. Nobody here denies there is a minority racist coverage and some truly nasty stuff written about MM (though not in most of the newspapers I've ever seen!). I can also seeing aristocratic circles being snooty about this (the older generations), but they're a fading breed. Their last interaction with the real world was probably never but also likely to be at uni forty or fifty years ago. Their opinion does not represent the British world view.

When we look at this objectively, Meghan came to the family late as a fully fledged woman with big ideas and off the back of what she saw as a career high of Suits and international fans. She thought she could handle the media, she couldn't. The media is full on, I couldn't do it. But. Let's look at her past history; she has cast off her siblings (many do, not suspicious), her childhood friend(s); some of us outgrow them, but rarely a cold cut off, then her marriage. She comes to the UK openly wanting to try and make it into the rich set and date a well off man. She has friend and agent meetings trying to forward her agenda. She casts these off cold when she meets Harry. She casts off her father. She casts off the press. She casts off Will and Kaye, the man who walked her down the aisle PC, the Queen, multiple staff.
To lose a few people in your life is clumsy but to lose so many, so definitively, is a concern. It represents rapidly changing life circumstances in which your old social connections, support, conversations, principles, no longer fit up close with the new stage you have entered. Few of us enter new stages so completely, so frequently, and so late in life. The trail of discards represents that moving forwards is more important to MM that these people, their feelings, and their "voices". The only people she will allow close are those who say saccharine things. There is a conflict between her actions and what her PR says she is feeling. That is because she is not an authentic human being, she is a chameleon, trying best to fit the background she is currently seen against.

These behaviours are not because she is black. They're not because she is American. They're not even because she is a non royal suddenly overwhelmed by being royalty. Other non royals have not seen a need to cast off entire social circles over and over. Autumn Phillips managed, and Mike Tyndall. These are the actions of a narcissist. She is able to orchestrate entire fan fictions and barely leave her mansion. The key thing about sociopaths is their inconsistency. Words don't meet actions, they take money and don't come through. They don't even acknowledge that they have done so. Any suggestion they have hurt someone or don't something selfish, makes a bomb go off.

I find it fundamentally bizarre that people think we would find the above behaviour acceptable in a white spouse. What on Earth does her colour or her race have to do, with her blatant compulsive selfishness? Her "goodness" is a veneer. I can't think of anything about Meghan that is genuine and sincere, and not stage managed. Whether it's her handwriting, her teeth, her hair, her desire for "connection", her desire to commit to "duty", to uphold the Queen's values...none of it is sincere.

She is consistently inconsistent, self promoting, lacking in empathy, aggressively manipulative of the press, consistently discards people close to her, wouldn't stand up for JM who has aggressively defended HER in the press, invited celebs she barely knew over nearly all family members to her wedding...spent her year married into the royal family either on maternity leave or extended holiday - there was very little service and very little respect to be earned on the trust that was eroded by the constant bickering. Even the Fiji tour, trying to say she supported herself through college...that just isn't true. Her lies catch her up. She is just shamelessly manipulative and probably extremely charming in person. You can't really diagnose people without meeting them, but she truly is a narcissist. It is outrageous people would fall for the racist tag line rather than look closely at the series of troubling incidents that have occurred as reported by people who know her well/she admits to. This woman is an odd woman. An odd human being. It's nothing to do with gender or colour.

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
My theory is that H&M confirmed they were definitely not coming back and TQ told them they would be stripped of all royal patronages, which Harry had a strop about (as reported). But this was all going to be announced in March at the one year review date. Then H&M decided to squeeze in the Oprah interview beforehand which was leaked. the palace realised if they didn’t bring forward the announcement it would look like it was because of the interview when it had already been decided.

I don’t think the news about Harry isolating helped but I don’t think it was the trigger. I think it was the Oprah interview.

I’m still fuming they get to keep using their Sussex titles but they just look more and more pathetic as they try and insist how important they are, like with their statement. They have no dignity at all.
This has really cheered me up after the judgement last week!

I really feel for the Queen though. Imagine at 94 years old your grandson putting you through something like this. He’s an absolute disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Baguette

VIP Member
My working theory is the Harkles had offered Oprah 'Sussexes Quit RF' as an exclusive for the interview. Plus the baby reveal. Which would count as a big scoop for Oprah.

BP have got wind and pulled the plug.

• Heart
  • Wow

catp

Prince Philip is the opposite of "woke" but he also never expected something for nothing, and has always put duty and work ethic above everything else. Now, I don't deny his some of his comments have gone beyond a joke, and have strayed into "offensive" - but given the age and times he grew up in, and the fact that he has never complained and has relentlessly adhered to protocol ( despite this meaning walking behind, and wholeheartedly supporting a woman - for years - before feminism was really even a word!) I think we can forgive him. You'd think a "feminist" like Meghan would appreciate that...

He showed ACTUAL bravery during the war, and diligently supported the military for decades. His mother loved him, but had a lot of "issues" - he was basically abandoned as a child. He has never once bleated on about this or has done the "no-one asked if I was OK" massive PR exercise/ crap.

( I fucking hate the fact she did that in an impoverished country - everybody else has a moan with a few selected, trustworthy friends about their in-laws - they wouldn't be so disloyal as to slag off their husband's family to all and sundry - but to do this TO THE WORLD, from a position of top 1% of wealth, in a country where many don't have basic rights or healthcare... or even food .... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Gah!)

Anyway. I digress!

If I were JCMH, I'd be on a plane, leaving the vacuous shite of Hollywood "fame" behind. His wife likes to talk about being "authentic".

His Grandpa is.

I know what values I want my child to learn.

Ditto Princess Anne. [Relentlessly hardworking and formidably loyal RF member - who has also managed to carve out her own niche, and have "un-royal" children. An ex- Olympian. Makes me worry when the rumours say that RF staff are preparing for "someone unexpected" and the news is calling her "uncharacteristically frail" ]

• Heart
  • Sad

NutMegandCinnamong

When will the sugars get it through their thick skulls - no one gives a fuck about Smegma’s race. As was said in the previous thread, it’s much more to do with her being American and not understanding that royalty is not the same as celebrity.

if hazard had married a black British woman, they would almost certainly still be living in the UK as working royals.

As for Philip, I wish him well. If anything happens to him and they decide to go ahead with this pity party of an interview, they will look like the biggest pair of cunts who ever drew breath.

• Heart
Reactions: 58