Harry & Meghan #54 H&M to fall off their perch. More money needed, what won't they 'merch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harry, If you aren't actually on Social media, how can you possibly say how awful it is?

I have an awful feeling it isn't actually social media itself that is the issue, (Although some sites do possibly need a bit more careful moderating..) it is probably human nature! Some people aren't kind or considerate or nice! Some people are greedy and selfish and walk all over everyone! Some people are givers, and some people are just takers....
Which could be why so many people target Ms Markle and her husband, as they give off this aura of not very nice people!

There are some positive sides to social media as well,...like the local groups who set up deliveries for people who are shielding...co ordinated by fb!
And its probably stopped a load of people being entirely isolated during lockdowns!
Thats his problem; he's never had to function as a normal human being in a normal world. It might have come as a genuine shock to him that not everybody thinks he's the bee's knees. Being partnered up with a narcissist who is allergic to all and any criticism is just the perfect storm.

ETA: @ChampagneBox , we think alike :D

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Harry, If you aren't actually on Social media, how can you possibly say how awful it is?

I have an awful feeling it isn't actually social media itself that is the issue, (Although some sites do possibly need a bit more careful moderating..) it is probably human nature! Some people aren't kind or considerate or nice! Some people are greedy and selfish and walk all over everyone! Some people are givers, and some people are just takers....
Which could be why so many people target Ms Markle and her husband, as they give off this aura of not very nice people!

There are some positive sides to social media as well,...like the local groups who set up deliveries for people who are shielding...co ordinated by fb!
And its probably stopped a load of people being entirely isolated during lockdowns!
It’s clear he is talking about wanting censorship under the guise of wanting SM to be ‘kind’ and ‘nice’, but really it’s because their public image is a total disaster (for which they continue to stoke the fire with their obnoxious and loaded zoom calls and puff pieces) and they are concerned unpopular opinion expressed online will effect their pulling power. I would argue it is helping to keep them relevant.
I concur SM needs regulating for those who cannot and will not regulate themselves.
My main concern however is - when it comes to objective opinion, why should SM platforms ultimately get to decide what is struck out and what gets to remain in the public domain, and who’s agenda will it propagate?!

• Heart
It’s clear he is talking about wanting censorship under the guise of wanting SM to be ‘kind’ and ‘nice’, but really it’s because their public image is a total disaster (for which they continue to stoke the fire with their obnoxious and loaded zoom calls and puff pieces) and they are concerned unpopular opinion expressed online will effect their pulling power. I would argue it is helping to keep them relevant.
I concur SM needs regulating for those who cannot and will not regulate themselves.
My main concern however is - when it comes to objective opinion, why should SM platforms ultimately get to decide what is struck out and what gets to remain in the public domain, and who’s agenda will it propagate?!
Effectively, they want to ban free speech...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This is also my concern. Many people were celebrating when Trump was kicked off Twitter but any form of censorship can be dangerous.
It's all very well if your thinking is in line with the censorship but what if you don't agree. The Spiked article I posted earlier in the thread outlines the problems with censorship well.

Murky Meg has been kicked off Instagram and a member of the Sussex squad had taken her ID and put up a sugary shrine to Meghan🤮. That must be gutting for Murky Meg and its obviously been done in a really nasty way by the sugar.
Why is that OK?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
You know how you click like down in the bottom right corner? There are other symbols down there-- a heart, a LOL happy face, and so on. I'm trying to say the reactions need a shot glass, to symbolize me taking shot when I read stuff like Megzy being married four freaking times.
Ah, I see, you want an emoji!

We have a couple of emojis we'd like to have, a shot glass would be nice, too! I drink to this 🍸

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This is also my concern. Many people were celebrating when Trump was kicked off Twitter but any form of censorship can be dangerous.
It's all very well if your thinking is in line with the censorship but what if you don't agree. The Spiked article I posted earlier in the thread outlines the problems with censorship well.

Murky Meg has been kicked off Instagram and a member of the Sussex squad had taken her ID and put up a sugary shrine to Meghan🤮. That must be gutting for Murky Meg and its obviously been done in a really nasty way by the sugar.
Why is that OK?
It's not OK. Censorship, cancel culture, no-platforming, I find it all very scary. I want to read what I want to read and I will make my own mind up about things. I read Trump's tweets and think he's a twit. I would much rather read his tweets and come to that decision myself, rather than not be given the opportunity at all. I don't need free-speech guardians to tell me what the 'correct' things to believe are. But that is the way things are going. What's that saying...'who will guard the gatekeepers'. The list of things we 'normal' people can talk about without risk of censure gets smaller by the day. We cannot publicly raise our objections to various social issues without be labelled as thick/racist/transphobic/xenophobic/sexist. And they wonder why polls are so unreliable these days...it's because people don't feel they have the freedom to say what they want anymore, or are too scared of the possible fallout of what they might say. A few years ago I used to enjoy a good friendly debate on FB, but debates don't exist anymore. Nowadays it's just not worth the hassle of falling out with people so I keep my mouth shut and sit there with my popcorn for the ones still willing to take the bait.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
It's not OK. Censorship, cancel culture, no-platforming, I find it all very scary. I want to read what I want to read and I will make my own mind up about things. I read Trump's tweets and think he's a twit. I would much rather read his tweets and come to that decision myself, rather than not be given the opportunity at all. I don't need free-speech guardians to tell me what the 'correct' things to believe are. But that is the way things are going. What's that saying...'who will guard the gatekeepers'. The list of things we 'normal' people can talk about without risk of censure gets smaller by the day. We cannot publicly raise our objections to various social issues without be labelled as thick/racist/transphobic/xenophobic/sexist. And they wonder why polls are so unreliable these days...it's because people don't feel they have the freedom to say what they want anymore, or are too scared of the possible fallout of what they might say. A few years ago I used to enjoy a good friendly debate on FB, but debates don't exist anymore. Nowadays it's just not worth the hassle of falling out with people so I keep my mouth shut and sit there with my popcorn for the ones still willing to take the bait.
Exactly; it is for us to draw our own conclusions not to be simply dictated to. However, I believe the way education is going children are not encouraged to research things themselves but simply cut-and-paste info from the web. I used to spend 2 hours at the library every Saturday from the age of 7 reading books and looking at stuff for homework.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Why is that OK?
These people are incredulous. That new fan page in Murky’s name bleats on and has a link for ‘Stop hate for profit’ but these windowlickers ignore the fact H&M pay lip service to woke causes in order to promote themselves... for profit. Their foundation (which if you remember that Russian hoax call last year with Hazza, they were being ‘guided’ towards doing, so y’know, NOT their long term passion project) they will profiteer from. To me that is hateful!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Why is that OK?

Poor Murky Meg...that just sounds bitchy.....How is someone allowed to take her ID? How is this fair?
But maybe she should take comfort from the extreme irony of a tag called Murky Meg , having a sugary shrine to Meghan! That is completely and utterly ridiculous!

Free Speech and censorship is so complicated. I believe passionately in the right to Free speech, (and that other people are not going to all agree with me. ) but..as time goes on, ..I do think perhaps there should be some kind of test before some people are allowed onto Social media!
something to check if they are able to differentiate between facts and opinions?

For individuals like Harry, who was taken in by a man posing as Greta Thunberg, talking about penguins living at the north pole......Social media should only be allowed with a health warning!

I have an uncle in his late 80s who has been taken in by the antivax ers arguments on the internet, and who is adamant he isnt going to have the covid vaccine. Which I find absolutely bemusing. In his late 80s....surely the risks of not being vaccinated are massively higher than any risks associated with being vaccinated! We live in a strange world at times!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Yes! And the emergence and overuse of Twitteraté buzzwords like ‘Karen’ ‘OK Boomer’ ‘White Privileged Male’ ‘Snowflake’ ‘Melt’ are all a means to shut conversation down. They all use them - like sheep.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I totally agree with you 👏
I also stay away from debate on Facebook these days as it's not worth the hassle. Facebook is a complete yawn fest 🥱

The Harkles are in dangerous territory if they think its OK for an unelected elite to police us all like the 'Thought Police'.

Harry simply hasn't realised that by stepping away from the royal family his opinions are irrelevant and he is not a qualified expert on any of the areas in which he likes to pontificate.

Poor Murky Meg...that just sounds bitchy.....How is someone allowed to take her ID? How is this fair?
But maybe she should take comfort from the extreme irony of a tag called Murky Meg , having a sugary shrine to Meghan! That is completely and utterly ridiculous!

Free Speech and censorship is so complicated. I believe passionately in the right to Free speech, (and that other people are not going to all agree with me. ) but..as time goes on, ..I do think perhaps there should be some kind of test before some people are allowed onto Social media!
something to check if they are able to differentiate between facts and opinions?

For individuals like Harry, who was taken in by a man posing as Greta Thunberg, talking about penguins living at the north pole......Social media should only be allowed with a health warning!

I have an uncle in his late 80s who has been taken in by the antivax ers arguments on the internet, and who is adamant he isnt going to have the covid vaccine. Which I find absolutely bemusing. In his late 80s....surely the risks of not being vaccinated are massively higher than any risks associated with being vaccinated! We live in a strange world at times!!
Dear lord that's sad about your uncle being sucked in by the people who all think that we are being microchipped! Personally I couldn't care less as I don't believe Bill Gates et al have the time to be bothered about the likes of me wittering on about the Harkles 😁

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I totally agree with you 👏
I also stay away from debate on Facebook these days as it's not worth the hassle. Facebook is a complete yawn fest 🥱

The Harkles are in dangerous territory if they think its OK for an unelected elite to police us all like the 'Thought Police'.

Harry simply hasn't realised that by stepping away from the royal family his opinions are irrelevant and he is not a qualified expert on any of the areas in which he likes to pontificate.
That’s the nail on the head. These two people are members of the British Royal Family!!! Rich, influential, privileged, and here they are -wannabe celebrity elite, money grubbing at every turn and using their PR propaganda (which is poisonous) to rally the troops and besmirch a whole nation and the positive work his family have done to help, promote and unite Commonwealth counties. It SHOULD be a scandal, but the media, especially TV media are not reporting that narrative. They’ve gone with the victim narrative, used by H&M to absolve themselves from their duty, which SHE vowed to do in return for titles. Still using those titles - liberally. Another thing the Sugars conveniently fail to acknowledge or question.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hazza using his wealth to get a legal statement read out in court even though a settlement was agreed at the end of last year (a narrow clarification of facts aka apology from the Mail and a donation to Invictus)

So more pointless legal costs and clogging up of the courts so that Hazza can grab some publicity. Can't he just get a hobby instead? Isn't Feb 1 when Sam Markle's book is published.....

A court filing reads: "A hearing is to be fixed before [Judge Matthew Nicklin] in the week commencing February 1, 2021, with a time estimate of up to two hours."

It adds that the newspaper's lawyers have not said whether they object to draft wording of the statement but that the two sides are expected to work together to resolve any issues.

It reads: "The above directions will either lead to an agreed [statement in open court] being read at the hearing that is to be fixed or any remaining dispute as to its terms being resolved."

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
That’s the nail on the head. These two people are members of the British Royal Family!!! Rich, influential, privileged, and here they are -wannabe celebrity elite, money grubbing at every turn and using their PR propaganda (which is poisonous) to rally the troops and besmirch a whole nation and the positive work his family have done to help, promote and unite Commonwealth counties. It SHOULD be a scandal, but the media, especially TV media are not reporting that narrative. They’ve gone with the victim narrative, used by H&M to absolve themselves from their duty, which SHE vowed to do in return for titles. Still using those titles - liberally. Another thing the Sugars conveniently fail to acknowledge or question.
He might be but she never made the grade as she didn't do the time. She is absolutely nothing - just another actor who was never gonna get a major role in Hollywood and had to settle for Canadian mediocrity which cancelled her in the end. She is just Meghan Markle, Duchess of nowhere that wants to associate themselves with her - I live in Sussex btw - and never will be a Pwincess. A sad old bag.

Reactions: 24
He might be but she never made the grade as she didn't do the time. She is absolutely nothing - just another actor who was never gonna get a major role in Hollywood and had to settle for Canadian mediocrity which cancelled her in the end. She is just Meghan Markle, Duchess of nowhere that wants to associate themselves with her - I live in Sussex btw - and never will be a Pwincess. A sad old bag.
C’mon- that’s a bit tight. She did get a word changed in a TV commercial when she was JUST 11 years old!! 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Hazza using his wealth to get a legal statement read out in court even though a settlement was agreed at the end of last year (a narrow clarification of facts aka apology from the Mail and a donation to Invictus)

So more pointless legal costs and clogging up of the courts so that Hazza can grab some publicity. Can't he just get a hobby instead? Isn't Feb 1 when Sam Markle's book is published.....

A court filing reads: "A hearing is to be fixed before [Judge Matthew Nicklin] in the week commencing February 1, 2021, with a time estimate of up to two hours."

It adds that the newspaper's lawyers have not said whether they object to draft wording of the statement but that the two sides are expected to work together to resolve any issues.

It reads: "The above directions will either lead to an agreed [statement in open court] being read at the hearing that is to be fixed or any remaining dispute as to its terms being resolved."
Oh My GAWD this really grinds my gears. What a petty little tit. I cannot believe the judge allowed this. Really I can't. On and on and on and on with the victim narrative. and the bullshit about "my wife and I spent the whole of 2020"... yeah - your wife used your title to open the doors of all the bigwigs in silicon valley and Pacific Heights, and she went shopping for husband number 5. AFter she drops Harry, perhaps she will go for Larry (Ellison). He is "available" and she would be Wifey 5. and his daughter is called Megan.... what's not to like!
About the whole cancel culture thing, that is EXACTLY what the hairbrained turd is suggesting: that social media should be managed by a thought police (presumably him - that pony stabbing, prozzie strangling, name-calling, semi-literate bottom-feeder -- and his harpy of a wife) . Sadly, the cancel culture has gotten so bad that even though I've opted to go quiet too.... lately there have been these words flung in my direction, trying to goad me out
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”
yeah -- so apparently even keeping quiet will get you cancelled. Lovely

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I know this mag is trashy tit but this article is very dubious and seems to delight in the fact that members of the royal family could be wiped out to make way for Archie. They shouldn't be putting ideas into the backward nasty minds of the sugar nut cult.

'If the unthinkable did happen and Archie was required to return to England and fulfil a destiny no-one would have expected for him, a side of Meghan would be thrilled,” says the source.'

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I know this mag is trashy tit but this article is very dubious and seems to delight in the fact that members of the royal family could be wiped out to make way for Archie. They shouldn't be putting ideas into the backward nasty minds of the sugar nut cult.

'If the unthinkable did happen and Archie was required to return to England and fulfil a destiny no-one would have expected for him, a side of Meghan would be thrilled,” says the source.'
Ah but that would be when the monarchy would cease to exist. No-one would want him or his ****** wife having those roles.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

As is this... is this really Netflix’s stance or a rogue employee - akin to the employee at Equity who called to get Laurence Fox blacklisted and was then shown the door for speaking out of turn.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.