Harry & Meghan #382 Wrinkle Wrinkle not a star

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi Tattlers. Did anyone see if GrandMere Macron curtseyed for Camilla last night? I couldn't quite tell from the footage I saw but sensed she didn't. Protocol? Did Macron bow to Chuck? They're both so arrogant, they probably expected C&C to bow/curtsey to them!
The French shouldn’t bow or curtsy The royals were in FRANCE bowing and curtsying Is a symbol of obeisance.

Reactions: 20
I am the only here who is refind,classy,eloquent and has morals and my use of the occasional swear words turns him on.

You had me.

Up until this point anyway. I think this is known as over egging the pudding?

🤣🤣🤣

I think the French seem to have a bit of a soft spot for KC, which surprises me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Did said International Judge also quantify the bill due from Spain , Portugal, France, Belgium, Germany, and middle East States?
And the bills from the African and Arab nations? Where slavery still openly continues.

Smegz is 43% Nigerian (allegedly) - Nigeria isn't exactly clean-handed in the slave trade, and I believe that they are one of the nations which continues slaving to this day. Same with Shouty Shola - she shrieks platitudes about "white patriarchal colonialism", but her grandfather apparently dealt in slaves. HER GRANDFATHER - so she will have directly benefitted, most likely.

Frankly, I doubt that there's a nation on this earth which hasn't been involved at some point in history or other. If we want to show an apology for the foul trade of slavery, then by all means do so - by contributing to an international effective force to wipe it out globally. There are more slaves now than at any other time in history. Instead of giving money to people who haven't suffered, use it to free people who are suffering now.

Plus - I'm from the North East. My ancestors weren't slaves - they were worse, because they had no value to their employers. If my great-grandfather was too ill to get himself down a mine for a 12 hour shift 2 miles underground crawling along an 18" seam and hacking out coal and shoving it behind him for a 10 year-old boy to load into a rail cart (a shift that didn't start until he was at the coal face, and that could easily take an hour of travel ), then he didn't get paid and he and his whole family starved. Those pits were often half-filled with water, or oozed toxic gasses.

If pitmen and boys (and women and girls for that matter) died in an explosion, were crushed in roof-falls, or were suffocated or drowned, their families got nothing - compensation was unheard of - and often lost their homes if the wage-earner was in a "tied" cottage. This happened everywhere there were mines, from the coal-mines of the North to the tin and copper mines of the South.

And every other industry was the same. Men, women and children exploited, used and cast aside to fill the pockets of the bosses. A slave-owner had an investment in his "property" and would at least feed and house them (often appallingly, I admit), but these "wage slaves" got nothing at all if they couldn't work for any reason. I'm not trying to minimise the slave trade - it was appalling. No human being should be owned. But you cannot take people out of history.

There are many forms of slavery. None of them are acceptable. Historically all of us have suffered in one way or another. How far back do we go? Can I claim compensation for the Viking Invasions along the NE coastline? Or for the very likely fact that (at least) one of my ancestresses was raped - my blood group indicates that I have Mongol blood coursing through my veins?

This "reparations" stuff - and apologies from "people who have done nothing to people who have suffered nothing" is nonsense.

Stamp out modern slavery and let the past be the past - we must never forget it, and never repeat it. And not to repeat it is the greatest respect and acknowledgement that we can offer,
---

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I clocked her, the cheeky cow but Johnny is true to me always,despite you old slappers. lusting after him and guessing what's under his kilt.

I can tell you categorically that if you had to weigh it it's in excess of 5kilos, too much for you bleeping peasants who are only used to ounces.

And I didn't need to swim the channel either, got my own lardarse to keep me afloat.

Johnny thinks you are all mouthy old bints and I am the only here who is refind,classy,eloquent and has morals and my use of the occasional swear words turns him on.

So, duck off with your lecherous comments.
Oh, come on, Nutty!

You have to feel sorry for her - she stands no chance, and how can you blame her for a bit of window shopping? She's only flesh and blood, after all.

A little kindness goes a long way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
And the bills from the African and Arab nations? Where slavery still openly continues.

Smegz is 43% Nigerian (allegedly) - Nigeria isn't exactly clean-handed in the slave trade, and I believe that they are one of the nations which continues slaving to this day. Same with Shouty Shola - she shrieks platitudes about "white patriarchal colonialism", but her grandfather apparently dealt in slaves. HER GRANDFATHER - so she will have directly benefitted, most likely.

Frankly, I doubt that there's a nation on this earth which hasn't been involved at some point in history or other. If we want to show an apology for the foul trade of slavery, then by all means do so - by contributing to an international effective force to wipe it out globally. There are more slaves now than at any other time in history. Instead of giving money to people who haven't suffered, use it to free people who are suffering now.

Plus - I'm from the North East. My ancestors weren't slaves - they were worse, because they had no value to their employers. If my great-grandfather was too ill to get himself down a mine for a 12 hour shift 2 miles underground crawling along an 18" seam and hacking out coal and shoving it behind him for a 10 year-old boy to load into a rail cart (a shift that didn't start until he was at the coal face, and that could easily take an hour of travel ), then he didn't get paid and he and his whole family starved. Those pits were often half-filled with water, or oozed toxic gasses.

If pitmen and boys (and women and girls for that matter) died in an explosion, were crushed in roof-falls, or were suffocated or drowned, their families got nothing - compensation was unheard of - and often lost their homes if the wage-earner was in a "tied" cottage. This happened everywhere there were mines, from the coal-mines of the North to the tin and copper mines of the South.

And every other industry was the same. Men, women and children exploited, used and cast aside to fill the pockets of the bosses. A slave-owner had an investment in his "property" and would at least feed and house them (often appallingly, I admit), but these "wage slaves" got nothing at all if they couldn't work for any reason. I'm not trying to minimise the slave trade - it was appalling. No human being should be owned. But you cannot take people out of history.

There are many forms of slavery. None of them are acceptable. Historically all of us have suffered in one way or another. How far back do we go? Can I claim compensation for the Viking Invasions along the NE coastline? Or for the very likely fact that (at least) one of my ancestresses was raped - my blood group indicates that I have Mongol blood coursing through my veins?

This "reparations" stuff - and apologies from "people who have done nothing to people who have suffered nothing" is nonsense.

Stamp out modern slavery and let the past be the past - we must never forget it, and never repeat it. And not to repeat it is the greatest respect and acknowledgement that we can offer,
---
Very succinctly put. Fully agree with you. Most people's ancestors have been involved in some way either as a slave or as a buyer. We only know about a fraction of the true history. It is an eons old issue. But how is it possible people entertain talk of reparations when so many are still used and abused around the world 😟❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Does anyone read the US celeb gossip site celebitchy? I used to read it years ago for celeb stories but it's devolved into an entire site dedicated to fawning over Meghan and Harry and attacking William and Kate. Literally story after story. Absolute fantasist stuff masquerading as real celeb 'news'. And the comments are 1000000% sugars. Curious if anyone else used to read/still reads it, as most stuff I see posted here is Twitter or Reddit.
I gave up on it some years ago as it's only for the most hardcore pro-Harkle supporters these days
---
Oooooooh.....I LOVE Midsomer Murders. Do you remember which season and episode?

I'll leave an extra snack of your choice in the VIP room if you provide the info! :D
Season 3, Episode 3 - Judgement Day

Poor old Joyce Barnaby - they finally let her out of the kitchen when she is invited to be the "Reader judge" of a magazine best village competition when there is a series of murders ....

Reactions: 22
Poor old Joyce Barnaby - they finally let her out of the kitchen when she is invited to be the "Reader judge" of a magazine best village competition when there is a series of murders ....
is it the same episode where Cully's tutor takes an arrow to the knee heart while opening the Village festival?

they are very... creative with their murders, no stabbings and shootings, thank you very much, but one in 4 victims will be either skewered on a pitchfork or boiled in claret.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
is it the same episode where Cully's tutor takes an arrow to the knee heart while opening the Village festival?

they are very... creative with their murders, no stabbings and shootings, thank you very much, but one in 4 victims will be either skewered on a pitchfork or boiled in claret.
Or killed by cheese wheels or a printing press :)

Love Brokenwood Mysteries too - the steam punk episode episode was my fav so far - though I'm even more wary of using a portaloo now!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Hi Tattlers. Did anyone see if GrandMere Macron curtseyed for Camilla last night? I couldn't quite tell from the footage I saw but sensed she didn't. Protocol? Did Macron bow to Chuck? They're both so arrogant, they probably expected C&C to bow/curtsey to them!
He is a head of state, he wouldn't be expected to bow and his wife not expected to curtsey. Especially not as citizens of a republic

As usual William focuses on others, rather than his own grief. Imagine if Hazza had been asked to contribute to this. :rolleyes:

View attachment 2463359

And a standing ovation for KC3

How humiliating it must have been for her to claim to be fluent in French and then marry into a family with at least four members who are actually fluent (PP, HMTLQ, KCIII and Sophie - there may be others )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I must be thicker than usual today but, don't u understand a bleeping word of it can one of you lovely,intelligent Tattlers explain it to me please!!!
I’m not lovely or particularly intelligent but I thought it might refer to her lofty ambition of being President of the USA. Nothing too lowly for our narcissist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.