Harry & Meghan #382 Wrinkle Wrinkle not a star

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@SlavaUkraini Really sorry to hear the sad news about your dog. :(

And this has got to be the DM trolling. Otherwise the Fashion Editor needs the boot.

Screenshot_20230922-092912_kindlephoto-453551953.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Don't know if it has been already mentioned but didn't we used to call the colour of the Queen's dress 'French Navy'? Her advisory team are on the ball and have done their homework yet again. This is why Smeg's will ALWAYS FAIL, she has no one advising her what to wear now and, let's face it, when she had one as a member of the RF she didn't listen to them.

'Those who think they know better than others don't know what the others know.' .......... anonymous
It’s also the colour of “Les Bleus” France’s National football team (and other French national sports teams).

At least Charles and Camilla try a bit of subtle flattery, in France and Germany on their state visits, rather than make insulting pithy remarks against them in the style of Boris J or Liz Truss.

Reactions: 23
Your words could have been written by me! Same here with everything you say about holding on to stuff because we don't have the funds to replace it in the future if we need it again and we've chucked it out. I wonder how much of your art and craft supplies are still in their wrappers because you don't want to "waste" them on something frivolous when you might be able to use it for something wonderful when you've a) practised a bit more or b) it's "worthwile"? Our food cupboards are similar - lots of bottles of condiments and out of date dry goods, not much actual food that will make an actual meal, but at least if anyone looks, we look like we're doing OK...

We live in a far different world from the likes of Royalty whose shabby chic is from laziness and abundance rather than necessity and a result of poverty trauma.
Thank you so much for sharing this. Really needed the validation 🤗 These people are living in a different reality, no matter how much they like to say they understand, even though most of them also had humble beginnings, or their parents taught them to be more mindful. Although, no one bar three have faced the sort of poverty that causes trauma - two adjusted by working hard to accept and improve their circumstances and they also get their stuff thrown out regularly. The third refused to adapt and just demanded what they wanted, and they got it. Coddled. But now they have a major want that no one can fulfill for them so all of that delayed pain is hitting them now.

You are spot on about the art material. We have been receiving a lot of encouragement to be generous to ourselves with our materials - use good quality stuff, don't be miserly. Things are still hard to source in my city and expensive in general, but I buy at discounts and from wholesalers or some of my suppliers are offering generous quantities at lower prices. But I still have that something holding me back. On the flip side though, it also means that when I'm being careful to avoid waste, I'm avoiding polluting the environment that little much. And a lot of the stuff has lasted me quite long, plus some things I bought a few years ago, they're either not available or are very expensive now, and they're actually proving to be useful now. Like a set of glass pebbles I'd bought a few years ago. I was upcycling some furniture for someone, but we didn't like any of the embellishments available in the market now. I tried those pebbles - perfect fit! Imagine if I'd thrown them out.

And bang on about the food cupboards as well. The fridge looking full is why I don't give up eating anything altogether. I find it so difficult to finish the last of anything.

Such people will never understand any of that. My parents and I are starting over with minus at a time when needs are continuing to grow, narc relatives keep snatching away everything, and the entire burden is on me. I also have trauma from people, especially my mother, snatching things away from me or taking it behind my back to give to others, and calling me selfish and spoiled when I protested. Saved half a bar of chocolate for later? Gone. Brought an extra pencil to school? Forced by teacher to give it away, and mum yelling at me for giving their hard-earned money away. Yelled at for asking for a box of crayons while she gifts expensive paints to kids whose parents could afford them because "they won't buy them for their kids". My pocket money used to go on household expenses or mum's wants. Same with anything I ever earned. Some stolen by her relatives. I'll budget and buy myself cheap treats to last a month, hopefully two. Gone. Distributed amongst neighbours or fed to stray dogs.

My friend and I have such deep trauma about our savings being stolen or us being forced to hand them over. She chooses to spend it all, I choose to still save because ultimately the sword is going to fall on me and the psychological warfare would be horrendous.

I dare Sparry and his Ho to live like this for one day.

And I hope that things will soon get better for all of us 🤗

ETA: I have indulged myself and bought myself a few nice things or experiences sometimes, but nowhere near like my friends with jobs could, even if they were from poorer households. It doesn't reflect well in terms of grooming etc (they dress well, have regular salon trips etc so look far more polished) and has an impact on social relations, which in turn is adversely affecting my business now (no network 🤷). Makes the whole thing even more frustrating.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Richard Eden. Calm William as opposed to H

Calm is great way to describe the Waleses.
I just saw a short video of them descending a staircase together, they were so in sync with each other that they seemed to flow down the steps with an air of calm elegance about them.

Very different to the crumpled mess of Harkles in motion.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She reminds me of a Gerry Anderson puppet 👀
She has had A LOT of work done. 10x what megsy has had so far but Megsy got hers from GroupOn specials, not the Macron dark pool fund of funds... and Megsy is catching up fast. Brigitte met Macron at approx the same age as Megsy met Hazno, but by the Brigitte had had 3 kids and Macron was only 15

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I woke up, and heard no earth shattering news of the duo known as the Montecito Numnutz, and Skanky the Ho. Certainly all the great press about KC&QC, and the POW have turned on Full Panic Mode in Santa Barbara. Once Rachel picked herself up off the floor, she arranged for a full day of beauty treatments, she’ll be flashing that well worn Minge of hers for all to see. She just needs to come up with a plan………..

Pablo! Clean up this mess and restock the cabinet. Time to switch to unbreakable!
IMG_8364.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I woke up, and heard no earth shattering news of the duo known as the Montecito Numnutz, and Skanky the Ho. Certainly all the great press about KC&QC, and the POW have turned on Full Panic Mode in Santa Barbara. Once Rachel picked herself up off the floor, she arranged for a full day of beauty treatments, she’ll be flashing that well worn Minge of hers for all to see. She just needs to come up with a plan………..

Pablo! Clean up this mess and restock the cabinet. Time to switch to unbreakable!
View attachment 2465369
How did she manage to leave a few intact this time? Arm fillers zapped all the strength? 😂 I didn't even care to notice if her arms were as muscular on all days.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.