Harry & Meghan #341 Goodbye Candle, Hello Red Plume!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Officially all buffet'd and Buck's Fizz'd out for the day! I'll be the one snoring with the coats in the corner of the VIP any minute! Can't believe it's come and whizzed by, got a tween sleepover to contend with tomorrow and looking forward to watching the concert, do hope the King & Queen have got their feet up and thinking to themselves 'well, we made it' 🥰 Sleep well you lovely lot x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My partner isn't into the monarchy at all so I could only read news reports and catch the odd snippet of news (I'm in Scotland).

This is the picture that really resonated with me. You can see the tears in his eyes after being crowned. There must be a lot of mixed emotions for Charles - grieving his parents, wondering about the future with his warring children (allegedly), and the future of the monarchy in general. Added to which, 72 years old is an advanced age for all this responsibility and hard graft.

I wish King Charles III and Queen Camilla the very best.
70656185-12053831-image-a-162_1683373576090[1].jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I struggled with protocol today, and the proper order of things - I wanted to wear my medals but didn’t know if I should.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have to say he wasn't bad looking back then what the hell happened
In some photos, when he was younger, he sometimes resembled Prince Philip who was very handsome in his day, imo.

Harry was never handsome, but he did have a much sweeter/ softer facial expression (can't think of a better description) slightly reminiscent of Diana.

And then he made a total mess of his life and well, the rest is history.
He became a champion scowler except when he is putting on a show of being happy. Like today.

Reactions: 30
My partner isn't into the monarchy at all so I could only read news reports and catch the odd snippet of news (I'm in Scotland).

This is the picture that really resonated with me. You can see the tears in his eyes after being crowned. There must be a lot of mixed emotions for Charles - grieving his parents, wondering about the future with his warring children (allegedly), and the future of the monarchy in general. Added to which, 72 years old is an advanced age for all this responsibility and hard graft.

I wish King Charles III and Queen Camilla the very best.
View attachment 2153480
He's actually 74, 75 in November. Bless him.

Reactions: 24
@LadyMuck you and I share similar interests I think. I have loved your videos and enthusiasm for the marching personnel over the last several days. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He's actually 74, 75 in November. Bless him.
Woops, I'm remembering wrong, I Googled his age hours ago. Could easily have checked though! Sorry!

I wonder if Charles thought of Diana today - I know there will still be some who would have preferred her as Queen. I think Camilla has done well bringing (some) people in this country round - and I don't think today's Coronation would have went down as positively if it was in the years closer to 1997.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
DM. Were W & C late

Were William and Kate late to Charles's Coronation? # via https://android.com
On the BBC coverage they said that C&Cs procession had arrived early so its possible there was a last minute glitch that delayed them - however if you look at the footage starting at 39-15 you see that there is a Royal Rolls Royce (the burgundy one) that is part of the procession to WA plus a people carrier behind and it looks like the Wales family are inside - so my guess is that it was planned that C&C and PPOW were meant to process together

Reactions: 20
I marched to by the centre and Arromarch for my passing out parade and I was led on to the square by the Gurkhas who played nimrod, arnabem and did a slow March to land of hope and glory and while we had our uniform inspection with the RSM and the chief. It was beyond amazing!!! I have video and audio photos!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Has he arrived in LA yet?

Need to know if he managed to make it to the star-studded 4-year-old's birthday party hosted by Beyonce, Elton John, Ed Sheeran Adele, the Obamas and the entirety of an awestruck Montecito.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.