Harry & Meghan #341 Goodbye Candle, Hello Red Plume!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the page boys standing side by side took up more space than anticipated, they should have stood a bit more bunched up, a bit like in choirs you have rows with each row standing in the gap between the heads of those in the row in front.
Balcony was bit of a disaster all those hard working royals squeezed in at the side and pages with all the space

Reactions: 28
Now that the coronation is over, what do we think the next big royal event will be that Harry and Meghan would be invited to? I can't think of any bar a funeral, unless Trooping the Colour becomes an annual 'will they/won't they attend' event :unsure:
I think the next event they will be invited to is Charles Funeral and from then on I can’t see him being invited to anything when William is King, I think after today their appeal will be on the floor

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I agree. He looks high as a kite in this photo. Some of his facial expressions were downright odd. He probably had to be drugged up to face everyone and everything.
Coward.

View attachment 2152668
It was like the diana statue all over again. He was as high as a kite and Jack was there to make sure he was distracted. Classic bloody druggie waste of space

• Sick
Reactions: 29
He can’t help the rain, but the material Dior used looks very, very cheap.
Totally, cheap equals creased and it’s just not cut to fit him so is taut on the front, and look at the bloody mess they’ve made of the tails!
1683395549000.jpeg

All in all, Dior can be as proud of this suit as Givenchy could of Smeg’s wedding dress!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Totally, cheap equals creased and it’s just not cut to fit him so is taut on the front, and look at the bloody mess they’ve made of the tails!
View attachment 2152912
All in all, Dior can be as proud of this suit as Givenchy could of Smeg’s wedding dress!
In a way I'm disappointed the witch wasn't there, I'd have loved to have seen what monstrosity she would have turned up in.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Some of my highlights, in no particular order:

Seeing the ancient book
Prince George carrying his grandads cloak
The gospel choir
All of the music
Major Johnny supporting the pageboys
Bryn Terfels singing
The entirety of Zadok the priest
Charlotte holding Louis hand entering and leaving the church
Cams bling
Lady Louises outfit.
Princess Anne being the female boss
Princess Anne's feather
Princess Anne on horseback
Princess Anne
Seeing the crowd fill up the mall
Cams sister shedding a tear
The horses
The regimental marching
The gold coach
Prince William swearing an oath to serve his dad
Penny Mordaunt
Gorgeous Wales's
Gorgeous Edinburghs
The coronation chair
The planes flying over Buck House

What were your highlights?
Great list of highlights, you've covered them all! Zadok the Priest was just sublime.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The Royal Standard Flag has been removed from BP now, and the Union Flag is flying. Indicating the King and Queen have left the building

Reactions: 42
View attachment 2152912
It hasn’t been ironed.

I suppose when the staff weren’t made available to iron he just took it out of the air vacuumed packaging.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Isn’t that great; no sooner parked his arse than the person next to him is asking when he is leaving😂😂😂. Yer bum’s oot the windae, son………..as we are oft heard to say in these parts😂
He was probably expecting to wear robes like everyone else. Even Andrew had his robes on! He was also hoping Eugenie will speak to him, she didn't look at him either.
She’s taught him her trick of that big fake smile…always looking like it is the best day if her life. Hollywood fake. I don’t think they are fooling many people anymore.

Reactions: 30
He can’t help the rain, but the material Dior used looks very, very cheap.
My auntie drilled some rules about fabrics and colours into me when I was very young. I don't really know much about fabrics or fashion etc, but that plus some things I've learnt as an amateur photographer. Deep colours look lovely in rich fabrics. Even pastel colours look nicer in rich fabrics. If you want to wear black, wear the deepest black possible, in the richest possible, no-shine fabrics (remember Smegsy's 'papped' photos? Her clothes looked so cheap. Lightbulb moment, was she cosplaying Ms. Turd?)

Light fabrics for spring/summer, heavier for autumn/winter. No shiny fabrics for day events unless they're to be held indoors/you deliberately want to catch attention (like at exhibitions etc). Men's suits (or shirts unless for certain events) should not be made from fabric with any amount of shine - a rule that many men around me tend to break and it puts me off completely.

And absolutely, absolutely no shiny fabrics if you know you are going to be photographed.

Of course, these rules are thrown out of the window where Indian weddings/award functions etc are concerned. But then that's a different context.

If barely-gets-to-buy-clothes me has the sense to realise all of this, Sparry should have been advised on this too. And Smegs has no reason not to understand any of this, especially given that her father was a lighting director.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.