Harry & Meghan #337 I don't always manipulate, lie and gaslight, but when I do, it's your fault.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think (I hope) protesters won't be allowed anywhere near the coronation because even your basic "Not my King" placard wavers could disguise, or distract from, serious security concerns.

With all the other vips as well as the RF, we'll be in SAS listening for mouse farts territory but even more so after last night.
I just think it’s really sad that there will be a parent bringing a couple of little ones to watch the Coronation and they will have to put up with ‘ fat belly gut bucket ‘ shouting ‘ not my king’….surrounded by 100 people who came to enjoy the day …and 1 ego who thinks they are an “activist” ( the most overused and hackneyed word ever).

Go to Speakers Corner and shout …or even better explain your view, you may convert someone …one thing is for sure , No one ever changed their mind by being shouted at !!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Making my shopping list for Saturday, going full cream tea, sandwiches, scones with raspberry jam and Roddas clotted cream( my preference), battenberg, bakewell tart... Scotch eggs, sausage rolls, pickled onions, ooooo, vol au vents ( is that how you spell it lol) cheese and pineapple on a stick, coleslaw....

tit, im verging on 70s wedding buffet items, aren't I🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Think I will go with Sky, not my usual channel but they did a good job of the Jubilee and Funeral with channel hopping to GB news/BBC.
I remember the first one as my father bought a TV a few days before the Coronation and we were the only house in the street to have one so had a house full of women and us kids were relegated to playing in the street with the occasional silent glimpse at the screen but saw lots of it afterwards.
We were more interested in the party that followed which my sister still has photographs of.
My Grandad had just got the only TV on the street before Queen Elizabeth II coronation. I always remember the stories of them cramming everyone in and the radio on outside while the kids played. They had a street party afterwards it sounded fabulous. Mum is looking forward to it and Dad's ex services ❤ they are ready for the whole day 😂 Have bought them a hamper for the day. Tempted to get them a musical tea caddy 😂😂
Canny wait for the coronation 👑👸🤴🇬🇧🍾🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Making my shopping list for Saturday, going full cream tea, sandwiches, scones with raspberry jam and Roddas clotted cream( my preference), battenberg, bakewell tart... Scotch eggs, sausage rolls, pickled onions, ooooo, vol au vents ( is that how you spell it lol) cheese and pineapple on a stick, coleslaw....

Wot, no Babycham???? :p

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes ... I think me and my mum are verging on that. Although currently sandwich choices are: tinned-Salmon and Cucumber & Egg and Cress. Considering potted-beef, although not sure if that still exists. :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Vol au vents are tricky to find apparently, my sister was told they are a seasonal only for Christmas item!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My poor mother didn't see any of the Coronation in '53 as she had to make tea and sandwiches for all the neighbours who came into watch their new TV from Radio Rentals

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Had a quick look see around a couple of the other threads and only saw 1 crowned person. We certainly are a royal bunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
i know we talked about this before, but I have forgotten. (It's the crown, you see, weighing down on my poor head 😁).

What channels do you all plan to watch the Coronation on?
BBC, don't care what people say about Auntie, most of my favourite programmes are on the beeb, don't tell me all the reasons why it's crap because I don't care.
I shall be at my shop, don't think I'm going to be busy but we shall see.
I've got my bunting up and flags in the window.
I'm disappointed that we haven't been yarn bombed in my high street but there's still time, fingers crossed.

Reactions: 22
Yes ... I think me and my mum are verging on that. Although currently sandwich choices are: tinned-Salmon and Cucumber & Egg and Cress. Considering potted-beef, although not sure if that still exists. :LOL:
Morrisons sell it where my MIL lives and it is ok. :)

Reactions: 16
Bit of a difference between “Please excuse Jimmy and Flora from school as they have a dental appointment “ and “Please excuse George and Charlotte from school as they are rehearsing for their Grandfather’s Coronation”. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
This arrived today with my delivery!! Looking forward to a Coronation weekend away in our caravan. Afternoon tea sorted for Saturday and can say those M&S shortbread Coronation biscuits are yummy!!

It will be interesting to know if Haz doesn’t turn up due to security issues after last night!!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
@sueh21 I found vol au vent cases on Amazon in the end!
---
I am more and more enamoured with Princess Anne, the Princess Royal; with every interview and visit and comment she makes especially since the death of our late Queen.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Sounds delicious yum

Reactions: 17
I saw this and was shocked! (Scroll down as it’s the second tweet.) Is this really true? If so? What. The. Hell?!
My mum lives over there they used to burn peat but have changed to woodchips mainly because of all the new rules about burning peat air and it is cheaper but my auntie owns a piece of peat land and they still burn peat

• Wow
Reactions: 18
This arrived today with my delivery!! Looking forward to a Coronation weekend away in our caravan. Afternoon tea sorted for Saturday and can say those M&S shortbread Coronation biscuits are yummy!!

It will be interesting to know if Haz doesn’t turn up due to security issues after last night!!
I'm so peanut butter and jealous, that little guy looks delish. For those non-UK Tattlers on the Fred the quality of most UK packaged foods (particularly from M&S) is far and away superior to the taste and quality of pre-packaged plastic North American sandwiches, cakes, salads, ready meals. Safety and food standards are higher in Europe. Chocolate is real, the cream fillings aren't made of oily Crisco and the ingredients are a bit more local. I want that cake... WAAGGH 🐶😭🫠🇬🇧

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Wow, look at the RF carrying on with duties and rehearsals despite an actual threat...almost like they trust their security personnel and realize that they cannot live in fear.

The Wales family are doing such a great job in preparing their children for these big events...it also helps that they are surrounded by people that they know and love and trust. I read some place that twhen the kids were doing their first events he Middletons would be in the crowd so that they always had a familiar face to find (which is also how they got the photo of Charlotte sticking her tongue out at her grandfather Michael at the sailing event)

I didn't realize that one of Camilla's grandsons is called Louis also. I was surprised that W&C used Louis twice and did not use Michael as a middle name for one of the boys. I wonder why they used Alexander for George's first middle name - I cannot find a family connection on either side except Queen Alexandra and that Queen Victoria's real first name was Alexandrina.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.