Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LuluBanks

In my opinion it is a form of cultural appropriation. Her parents were from the Caribbean not Africa. I ran this past my husband this morning as he is a black man of Caribbean descent born in Britain. He identifies as British because he's never been to the Caribbean or Africa. He said the last thing he would do is adopt an African name and start wearing African robes because it is an appropriation of a culture he knows little about. In fact he knows no more about African traditions than I do.
She’s not culturally appropriating as she isn’t dressing up like she’s wearing a costume. This woman is likely part of the generation that is gung ho into rejecting the clothing and names given by white slave owners. I bet she likes to pour water on the ground as part of libation ceremonies before she holds her events and probably talks a lot about “the ancestors.” She’s trying to connect with a past that was stripped from her. I know lots of black people like this even in my own family. It was part and parcel of the black power and decolonization era.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Thank you for starting the new thread and the recap Cassandra333.
Congratulations Timefortea2021 on the thread title.

I have never been asked where I am from.

I am really upset that the Lady Susan incident has overshadowed a great cause and Camilla and the RF are being called racists on social media again.
The video of Camilla delivering the teddy bears has resurfaced. It depicts Camilla lifting the first little girls hand by the sleeve or bracelet.

I am worried about the reception W+C will receive once the LS trouble circulates the USA media.

I don't understand why LS walked up to this woman moved the hair from in front of her name tag instead of just asking and why not just ask where her family came from.

Have they implemented any changes since Smegxit or the bullying report or were the papers just filed in a drawer somewhere thinking everything can carry on as before.

• Heart

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Totally totally agree. Kate was there in pointy stilettos. I've said it on these threads so many times, she gets it so right but very often so so wrong. She needs to dress for her age, there's still ways to be formal and classy without aging yourself by 10 years
I honestly wonder how the majority of RF women cope with those heels. It shows I'm getting older but I keep wondering if they have a pair of trainers in the car?

• Haha

wibble

VIP Member
OMG that woman's speech was heartbreaking 😢 why is the world so fucking ghastly now?

Civilisation is moving backwards this century. People are so divided everywhere, it's terrible 😪
Plus ca change...

That said, I'm not sure I fancy seeing those events with VR googles.

Cassandra333

VIP Member
Does anyone remember the name of the 'chat' thread that, I think @Chita started for us? I can't find it and I'm feeling the need to share. :)

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
I know context is everything but she is supposedly crying and he is looking to heaven rather than comfort her? Not a great look for a "loved up" couple

More like 'not again!'. We can do a nice caption contest here 😂 waiting for meme armies to work their magic 😉

• Haha
  • Heart

ResidentMerkin

VIP Member
Crying with her Hermes blanket on the chair.

I think she is laughing while faetiming with someone

Charles is pathetic. He throws out Lady Hussey - after her 60 years of loyal and excellent service - but will not remove Meghan’s titles… or take any other form of action against her. She’s out here, trying to destroy the monarchy, and he allows it all. He is a weak, weak man.
A lot of the comments from journos are saying this could bring down the RF. i agree and Chuck is too weak to do anything

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

MeInMidAmerica

VIP Member
JMO, but they should give serious consideration to putting some stuff into the hands of the Government. They've already made things happen in just a couple of weeks regarding the CoS thing, while the RF dithered for a couple of years.

Let them legislate whatever they possibly can over titles. A bill restricting non-working Royals' use of them would be a good start. You don't have to remove them immediately - just make it law that they can't be used for commercial gain or self-promotion, and that they can only be used in the UK and Commonwealth. Any breach will result in removal. Would sort Fergie out as well as the Harkles.

And the RF need to start vetting pretty much every individual and/or organisation that attends events much more thoroughly. Look at social media and anything that reeks of an "agenda" should be noted. You don't have a right to restrict free speech, obviously, but at the same time you don't have to give some individuals a platform. There are probably plenty more organisations who would welcome the support and opportunities, so why even go near potential troublemakers?

Same with the RR. Use local press where possible. Gives them a boost, and they probably deserve the opportunity far more than certain RRs, who are essentially just there to look for trouble rather than do decent reporting on what's actually happening. The US media in Boston are really showing our sorry lot up right now.
Excellent excellent post!

• Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Seems to be just the fake-African woman's carefully worded tweet, which was corroborated within seconds by her dodgy mate and using the exact same key words (which implies something orchestrated and planned in itself).

I don't know why Jeremy Vine, Nick Ferrari this morning, and the rest of the media are so quick to simply believe what the woman wrote as the truth. Nobody seems to have questioned that it might be exaggerated or even completely made up? This isn't helped by Lady Susan "stepping aside" immediately which comes across as "yes I did say exactly that", an admission of guilt? The palace / Lady Susan should have simply used the words of our great dearly departed Queen and said "mmmm, recollections may vary" and left it at that, at least then Jeremy Vine might have done a little teeny weeny bit of investigative journalism rather than going all shouty shola immediately.
BIB - Exactly what I was thinking earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

estellastheme

Chatty Member
Yes but with the professionally offended they would still cry racism, "oh they weren't interested in me or my history, it must be because they think they are superior to me"
That or “oh my ensemble made them so uncomfortable no one talked to me!!”

• Sick
  • Heart

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Are we all Christmas baubles already or is it an upside-down crown for the Waleses visit.

I thought out Christmas baubles usually have a rounded top. Maybe it's a new design from the nasty emoji fairy. I still miss the old emojis 😪 I used to have before they updated software to the mobiles.

• Heart