Harry & Meghan #256 Netflix wants all the scandal, harkles need a bigger candle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear god when did Catherine wear that monstrosity? I've never seen her wear anyting so awful!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Fresh, from the web

It was obvious that someone leaked this. How embarrassing lololol! Couldn't have happened to nicer people.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
snuggie please don't crucify me i really like Queen Cammie
we spoke about Brentford Nylons a few freds back - where the dressing gounds/nighties would melt in front of the fire, the nighties would melt onto your leg but does anyone remember the candlewick bedspreads and house coats which would shed bits everywhere - there were more fibres on the floor than on the bedspread.

In a way I hope the DofE (if it doesn’t go to Edward) is left for Prince Louis when POW becomes King. Having said that I do think Edward deserves something more of a title, if only because Sophie deserves something more, but unsure what other titles are available which may be a ‘promotion’.

Is there an option to introduce a new title for Scotland eg. Duke and Duchess of Balmoral maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
My guess is that Charles is going to take up the issues of new titles and a slimmed down monarchy as one big announcement. I think one of the sticking points about Edward may be Viscount Severn becoming DoE if the non-direct line are not destined to be working RF.

Another possibility is if Edward does not wish to give up the Wessex title - didn't he choose to be an Earl and not a Duke?

I think the PoW titles were announced quickly because the issues relating to management of the Duchy of Cornwall had to be sorted and possibly because Hawwy had started merching himself as Prince Harry of Wales at the polo
If KC3 doesn't give Edinburgh to Edward, it could be given to Louis.

Reactions: 16
This may be an unpopular opinion but....

I'd like the Duke of Edinburgh title to cease now so that the last ever D of E was Prince Philip.

I don't think Edward will mind.
No what about all the children in every school in the nation who are working towards Duke of Edinburgh awards - they are no mean feat to obtain and require a lot of hard work and effort and uncomfortable walking and camping often in really extreme temperatures. They have to do charity work as well. They would benefit from a new Duke of Edinburgh

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Hello @Evangelina nice to see you back, and I share your despair. Please don't stop posting because you think your post might be "unappealing"! The only thing unappealing around here is the Sussexes, and your posts are very insightful. We're all in this together and need all the info we can get.

This from www.royal.co.UK. So which is right?
The BBC website says the same.
The line of Succession
SOVEREIGN

1. The Prince of Wales
2. Prince George of Wales
3. Princess Charlotte of Wales
4. Prince Louis of Wales
5. The Duke of Sussex
6. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor
7. Miss Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor

BUT... THE GUARDIAN...
5. Prince Harry, 37
He has a new life in California but the Duke of Sussex is still fifth in line to succeed his father.
6. Prince Archie, three
The oldest of Harry and Meghan’s children was born in London.
7. Princess Lilibet, 15 months
Named after her great-grandmother, Lillibet met the Queen for the first time this summer.
BOLLOCKS

Thanks for posting the Telegraph article @Mock Turtle. The 2 main points I picked up on are that the RF aren't going to be able to see either the Memoir or NF series in advance. The second that NF seem from the graph to have lost 200 million subscribers between 2012 and 2022 on a steady downward curve.
At the top of http://www.royal.co.uk/ it says that '' some information is outdated .''
Tis the ''spin.''
Waiting for a big event to updated it without MSM having a interest to create outrage, because occupied with the big event.

The thing is:
-I haven't found a ''backwards'' way to interpret any of the Letters Patent as anything else but as outlined by Debretts.
All wordings don't contain ''born as grandchildren'' of a Monarch , meaning that so far there's zero indicators that there's relevance to them being born great-grandchildren.
Bagehot, Wilson, Heritage site, and various Encyclopedias don't mention any relevance to the fact that they are born as great-grandchildren.
And the only way to spin this, is as I mentioned before ''the rejection of the lesser title of the titleholder (Hary, Earl Dumbarton) sets a ''precedent '' for the automatic assumption of Princely titles.
But there's no chance IMO that it happens .

• Sick
Reactions: 19
My guess is that Charles is going to take up the issues of new titles and a slimmed down monarchy as one big announcement. I think one of the sticking points about Edward may be Viscount Severn becoming DoE if the non-direct line are not destined to be working RF.

Another possibility is if Edward does not wish to give up the Wessex title - didn't he choose to be an Earl and not a Duke?

I think the PoW titles were announced quickly because the issues relating to management of the Duchy of Cornwall had to be sorted and possibly because Hawwy had started merching himself as Prince Harry of Wales at the polo
Edward knew he would be a Duke eventually so he took the Earl When PP said he wanted Edward to get his title, he knew it would go to Edward's son. It keeps the title alive and from becoming extinct.

Reactions: 32
No what about all the children in every school in the nation who are working towards Duke of Edinburgh awards - they are no mean feat to obtain and require a lot of hard work and effort and uncomfortable walking and camping often in really extreme temperatures. They have to do charity work as well. They would benefit from a new Duke of Edinburgh

Edward has been continuing the work of his father already.
The award bears his name still.

As I said, it may be an unpopular opinion but it is my opinion.

The work and the awards can carry on in his name and in his honour and his name will never be forgotten.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
KC does not have to fill the DoE title at all, it can go to the title graveyard right?
Re the Telegraph article, I just don't get it, No matter how much racket the reeks make, most Americans (their target audience) are simply meh about another wanna be power couple. They are not young, not glamerous, (reeks shiny pate and piggy eyes -just no.), she doen't know how to dress, and woke-ies are everywhere. Sméagol's pukecast needed jury rigging to prop up the ratings when utilizing her biggest stars, and we are left with Chow Fung or delicious noodles, it's not the cooking chanel.

I predict the reeks next move will be to will jump on the trans band wagon hoping for relevance, and then what's left? They ain't getting younger and more atractive, that's for sure.

Edit: I am not saying that bald men can't be attractive. Reek has a little bit of hair left in the front which does not mask his baldness. He needs to just shave those wisps off and stop pretending. His look worked for Bozo, but on reek it just looks desparate.
Absolutely! The RF has all sorts of titles up their sleeves, which they may or may not choose to use - like the Duke of Clarence, of unhappy memory. Or Windsor …

• Wow
Reactions: 21
This is what they should have done upon Harry's marriage and I wonder why they didn't do it. Now they are being called racists and every vile name under the sun.

19th June, 1999
TITLE OF HRH THE PRINCE EDWARD

The Queen has today been pleased to confer an Earldom on The Prince Edward. His titles will be Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn. The Prince Edward thus becomes His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex and Miss Sophie Rhys-Jones on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales have also agreed that The Prince Edward should be given the Dukedom of Edinburgh in due course, when the present title now held by Prince Philip eventually reverts to the Crown.

The Queen has also decided, with the agreement of The Prince Edward and Miss Rhys-Jones, that any children they might have should not be given the style His or Her Royal Highness, but would have courtesy titles as sons or daughters of an Earl.

To be released at 12 noon BST Saturday 19th June, 1999."

By the way someone pointed out that in a few weeks it will be the 75th anniversary of when Phillip was created the Duke of Edinburgh by his father-in-law so it would be lovely to have it passed down to his youngest son then.

And now, I am officially done advocating for Edward 😂
About underlined in your post, and why they didn't do the same with Harkles:

There are no parallels to Harry &Peg.
The decisions made then about Edward &Sophie were made because they weren't working Royals (officially) and Sophie had a regular job.
Aside from Edward being a Prince , there's no comparison .
Yes Edward should get Edinburgh .

Reactions: 25
In a way I hope the DofE (if it doesn’t go to Edward) is left for Prince Louis when POW becomes King. Having said that I do think Edward deserves something more of a title, if only because Sophie deserves something more, but unsure what other titles are available which may be a ‘promotion’.
as i said before, i don't know much about how royalty works. but for me, a citizen of a republic, C3's first declaration was as clear as day: The Overseas are much loved members of the family who live Overseas. full stop. then the official mourning was over and the Royals went to carry on as "boringly" as ever. in my ignorant opinion, C3 will grant Prince Edward the title on or about Coronation, because he promised so, also, although technically mourning is over, it's still not appropriate to "celebrate" this close to the loss of a much beloved family member. until then, i anticipate much hand shaking and bebe cradling (PoW ❤ ).

• Heart
Reactions: 37
They were going to reconciliate next year
Ah well that's ok then I'm sure the RF were willing willing to wait until their Majs were free
Dear God you couldn't make this tit up

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Thanks for posting the Telegraph article @Mock Turtle. The 2 main points I picked up on are that the RF aren't going to be able to see either the Memoir or NF series in advance. The second that NF seem from the graph to have lost 200 million subscribers between 2012 and 2022 on a steady downward curve.
It was actually our always amazing Wiki hero @JAR21 who archived and posted it - I just quoted it. I feel like Jar needs regular GQ awards, sporrans and glitter balls thrown her way for all things wiki!!! 🏆🥇👏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
At the top of http://www.royal.co.uk/ it says that '' some information is outdated .''
Tis the ''spin.''
Waiting for a big event to updated it without MSM having a interest to create outrage, because occupied with the big event.

The thing is:
-I haven't found a ''backwards'' way to interpret any of the Letters Patent as anything else but as outlined by Debretts.
All wordings don't contain ''born as grandchildren'' of a Monarch , meaning that so far there's zero indicators that there's relevance to them being born great-grandchildren.
Bagehot, Wilson, Heritage site, and various Encyclopedias don't mention any relevance to the fact that they are born as great-grandchildren.
And the only way to spin this, is as I mentioned before ''the rejection of the lesser title of the titleholder (Hary, Earl Dumbarton) sets a ''precedent '' for the automatic assumption of Princely titles.
"But there's no chance IMO that it happens ".
Thanks for that. Looking at the newspapers, the tabloids all refer to the Flatpacks as master and miss. The Telegraph and Guardian refer to them as Prince and Princess. Has the www.royal.co.UK been left deliberately "outdated"?
It seems from your research that they're stated as not "born as grandchildren". Is this unusual?
BIB your post "But there's no chance IMO that it happens". What does this mean?
If I understand you right, there will be a distraction and while we're all outraged the titles will be quietly slipped in?
ETA I cant think of a single reason why Edward and Sophie shouldn't be made D and D of E. It's what his parents expressly wanted and he and his wife deserve it. It would provide continuity and strength. I hope KC doesn't faff around on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
as i said before, i don't know much about how royalty works. but for me, a citizen of a republic, C3's first declaration was as clear as day: The Overseas are much loved members of the family who live Overseas. full stop. then the official mourning was over and the Royals went to carry on as "boringly" as ever. in my ignorant opinion, C3 will grant Prince Edward the title on or about Coronation, because he promised so, also, although technically mourning is over, it's still not appropriate to "celebrate" this close to the loss of a much beloved family member. until then, i anticipate much hand shaking and bebe cradling (PoW ❤ ).
Overseas , doesn't exclude half in half out.
It enables the exact type of Royaling that they want, absolutely no responsibility and being ''slaves'' of protocols while always being welcome to big family events.
There's a hint, in Peg's Oprah statement about her opinion about Royal work:
''servant in a tiara.''
And if a person doesn't adhere to:
-duty, patriotism , loyalty , pro Monarchy values, then it certainly isn't anything more than being a ''servant in a tiara,'' or simplified , too much effort , to many rules, not enough reward .
It's a thing of perspective , some may envy a Royals position , some may feel sorry for that persons lack of freedom , scrutiny , and constraints .

Reactions: 21
Dear god when did Catherine wear that monstrosity? I've never seen her wear anyting so awful!!
I’ve just finished watching Hocus Pocus (never seen it before) and your avatar looks like Binx.

On topic, I’d love if the leaks are coming from their current staff double agent stylee.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.