Harry & Meghan #115 The Empire Strikes Back!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"The Toadours 🌻 on Twitter: "Pondering Toad The Harkles are hiring a pr guru to build an empire. Seeing they are unmarketable after 14 PR teams have tried to make people like them. By leaking ridiculous stories. Will they be marketing their daughters diapers? Lil But diapers for all those Lil But leaks. https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter"

• Haha
Reactions: 31
s
She would have already had her input into the speech so we need a bingo card to listen for the following:-
My wife
My mother
Crocodile (tears)
‘Right’
Authentic
Powerful
My children
Roast (chicken)
Powerful
Trauma

And maybe also
The Bench
Bunions
My BFF Porka
Richmond
Pom Bear
Chicken
Don’t forget to like and subscribe!
Anyone seen my meat and two veg?

All the time Tap-tap-tapping whilst his heart is pump-pump-pumping -
Is there a bonus point for a fake American twang?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Times have changed, when the Royal rules about 'born of the body' came about it would have been centuries ago. The only option was totally another person's child.
With modern day surrogacy and ivf procedures it could genetically be their child but someone else giving birth. What a perfect time for the royals to amend outdated laws to reflect today's modern techniques!

A real missed opportunity, and it could have highlighted and syop stigma of surrogacy/egg donation/ivf....
I don’t think they would have changed the laws of ‘being born of the body’ tbh. Even if the child is genetically theirs, tradition is still important (even if some people think it’s outdated) and it might cause a bit of friction with some of the countries in the Commonwealth. Doesn’t surrogacy go against the Church of England too?

I think the only way it would have been changed (and even then this is an extreme case) is if someone in the direct line had to use a surrogate. There’s nothing wrong if Harry and the wife used one but they should just accept that their kids won’t be in the line of succession. Harry’s 6th in line so what difference does it make if his kids aren’t included? I agree with the fact that Harry and the wife could have been able to raise awareness and reduce the stigma of using a surrogate, but it seems like they didn’t want to and were only concerned about titles for merching.

I think Sophie used IVF if I’m not mistaken.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I don’t think they would have changed the laws of ‘being born of the body’ tbh. Even if the child is genetically theirs, tradition is still important (even if some people think it’s outdated) and it might cause a bit of friction with some of the countries in the Commonwealth. Doesn’t surrogacy go against the Church of England too?

I think the only way it would have been changed (and even then this is an extreme case) is if someone in the direct line had to use a surrogate. There’s nothing wrong if Harry and the wife used one but they should just accept that their kids won’t be in the line of succession. Harry’s 6th in line so what difference does it make if his kids aren’t included? I agree with the fact that Harry and the wife could have been able to raise awareness and reduce the stigma of using a surrogate, but it seems like they didn’t want to and were only concerned about titles for merching.

I think if they ever did change the 'of the body' clause, then it would have to be linked to a DNA test proving the child is genetically theirs. Otherwise there could be all sort of problems. If Bill Gates or someone like him. wanted a child in line to the British throne, Meghan would have leaped at the multi millionaire pay off.
Way too easy for corruption to set in, at least without a DNA test. (And they can be fixed)

Reactions: 29
I wondered this too. I thought that to be included in the line of succession a child HAD to be baptised CofE? Does anyone know for definite? (I might have imagined it).
It comes under the 1701 Act of Settlement which is widely misunderstood.
The monarch has to be "in communion with" the Church of England - that's different from being an actual member of the Church.
The Act also provides for the monarch to defend the Church of Scotland, so effectively defender of faiths (plural).
The background was that Queen Anne (the only child of William and Mary) had no surviving children (the longest lived died at age 12) and so effectively parliament legislated for who should be the next monarch, picking an obscure Hanoverian line who didn't even speak English but were descended from James I. George I was 2nd cousin of Queen Anne.
There's precedent for the monarch to not be a member of the Church of England in the forms of George I and George II, both of whom were Lutheran. It didn't present a problem because the commonly held view was that the churches were generally aligned. Remember the Act was partially brought about to stop Catholic claims to the throne, so any Protestant will do!
The Act of Settlement really establishes the principle that parliament appoints the monarch. Historically they've just let succession run its course, but the British constitution has lots of wiggle room. In the sort of crisis that might be precipitated if Number 6 or his issue ever get within sniffing distance of the throne then parliament has ample powers to displace a monarch that wouldn't be acceptable to the people.
Sorry for the long post.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It comes under the 1701 Act of Settlement which is widely misunderstood.
The monarch has to be "in communion with" the Church of England - that's different from being an actual member of the Church.
The Act also provides for the monarch to defend the Church of Scotland, so effectively defender of faiths (plural).
The background was that Queen Anne (the only child of William and Mary) had no surviving children (the longest lived died at age 12) and so effectively parliament legislated for who should be the next monarch, picking an obscure Hanoverian line who didn't even speak English but were descended from James I. George I was 2nd cousin of Queen Anne.
There's precedent for the monarch to not be a member of the Church of England in the forms of George I and George II, both of whom were Lutheran. It didn't present a problem because the commonly held view was that the churches were generally aligned. Remember the Act was partially brought about to stop Catholic claims to the throne, so any Protestant will do!
The Act of Settlement really establishes the principle that parliament appoints the monarch. Historically they've just let succession run its course, but the British constitution has lots of wiggle room. In the sort of crisis that might be precipitated if Number 6 or his issue ever get within sniffing distance of the throne then parliament has ample powers to displace a monarch that wouldn't be acceptable to the people.
Sorry for the long post.
Thank you for clarifying!

Reactions: 22
Can I please make a suggestion 😁

Having spent most of the night catching up on this thread that whizzes along faster as we welcome more new members to join in the guessing palaver fun, I have an idea. Would it be ever so helpful if the Tarot lessons/learning/teaching/stuff had it's very own shiny thread? Obviously, the Tarot info relating to the Montimeme family remains in here.

What do you think?

Back on track. It's far, far too quiet. I'm waiting for an explosion at any moment 🍿🍿🍿 🍷🍷🍷
Personally I just think scroll on by if it doesn't suit you, and don't impose more rules than tattle already has. There are tangents that don't interest me and I either just scan, or walk on by. It's fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Is anyone else getting adverts for The Bench on here?

I don’t think they’re reading the room....

EFF13521-093F-4693-A91B-A75DAE051426.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Being in the line of succession, all of the great-grandchildren are, however distantly, and we have seen no birth certificates or doctors signatures for them either. Really the only ones that are important are William’s children as third, fourth and fifth. I don’t think RF will take them out of the line unless it was revealed it was a surrogate, but they don’t need any titles.

Reactions: 24
Buzfeed trolling PW 😔 they've deliberately chosen an unflattering photo of him which has brought the nasty trolls out in force. Meanwhile everyone is swooning over PWB 🤢
As I am not on any social media platforms I cannot confirm this but I read somewhere that the Cambridges did allow posts of both positive and negative comments.

Reactions: 12
I am hoping that as she is so recently bereaved that she perhaps doesn't want to go be out "enjoying herself" as such, at Ascot and if she chooses not to attend then that is her prerogative.

However when it comes to duty, representing the country, attending the G7 summit and meeting world leaders then she completely steps up to the plate and charms the pants off them.

Wonderful, wonderful lady.
I do not know how to just highlight the first sentence.
HMQ was meeting ScoMo. It's his fault.
I think I mentioned it further back.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Is anyone else getting adverts for The Bench on here?

I don’t think they’re reading the room....

View attachment 621375
Bring it on!! It would just amuse me that they are wasting their money on advertising :ROFLMAO: I might even click on it a few times in the hope that they pay even more for actual clickthroughs!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.