Harry & Meghan #115 The Empire Strikes Back!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can see M coming with archie just because she knows she will in centre of attention (good or bad) she doesnt care

Just wondering is she suing the pictures with Archie's first day at nursery yet?
She was pretty quick with BBC lilibet name... or does she only sue english media

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Surely you cannot just apply for the POTUS without any political background - (experience would help) would be like a shop worker just ‘applying’ to be PM - she is really lacking in the ‘patience’ department she wants everything NOW - not a very redeeming feature (amongst all the others we have to endure) ...... In fact we should all submit our CVs and apply - (no offence to shop workers who have been amazing during lockdown)
It is just nauseating that she has such a high opinion of herself that she would be even thinking of this - just because she likes the sound of her own voice and wants the world to hear her and only her. Two points Hilary would probably get her ‘Clintoned’ as wasn’t it rumoured that Chelsea may put herself forward and two Trump is also rumoured to be running again. Hopefully HW will be old news by the end of next year. Just imagine her in charge of the bowling bag 😲 gives me the right ‘ump 😜
The ball bag is more her style, silly old slapper🖕🖕

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Back in 1986/87 I worked for a US brokerage trading UK equities. A couple of guys ran a small Oz share trading desk behind me. They arranged a dinner party to which these two were invited. Ulrika was the new face on TV - the situation was rather like Meghan & Harry. Soon after that it was reported that Edward was romancing a certain Georgia May; colourless daughter of a very colourful man nicknamed Daisy May who was well known in the yachting crowd. Georgia coincidentally ended up working as a clerk on the Oz desk. Our Chanel-clad American PR lady quickly spun some lies about her being a broker and moved her to the West End office. Various of us were threatened with the sack for chatting with the paps outside. About a week or two later I got a call on my private extension from a certain Fergie looking for Georgia. Oh what fun life was back then. I never heard anything more about Ulrika so presumed that was finished before it even started.

I think you would be denied a visa only if you had been prosecuted - I may be wrong.
There are drug detection dogs though so if he has consumed / carrying anything like his laptop/ phone etc they would sniff him out 🤣 he may not even get out of the US if tests are carried out - now that I would really wet myself at 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The ONLY group we need to rid the world of is the 1%. Not that I mean we should kill them off or anything. We just need to take the money off them. I'm convinced that hoarding money to that extent is a form of mental illness.
I don’t want to derail this thread, but this statement is patently absurd.
You know that they don’t hoard money under their beds like Scrooge McDuck? Even if it is just in the bank or in investments (most of it is tied up in stocks and on paper anyway) , it is being used to fund other entrepreneurs and create jobs, both directly and indirectly. Even their weirdness about going to space takes a lot of people, all of whom are drawing a paycheck.

And they earned that money by creating/investing in things that benefitted all people and have reaped the rewards. They also took all of the risks at the beginning of their businesses. Why should anyone decide how much money another person should make or how they spend it? Also it is not a zero sum game. There is not a finite amount of money in the world. Them being billionaires does not prevent anyone else from becoming a billionaire

**end rant**
Back to the issue at hand. We have all learned how meaningless the NYT bestseller list is and how easy it is to buy your way on. (also, Scobie must have a time machine to have access to a future list)

I agree that they are testing to see where there is pushback from the Palace and what public reception will be. Same with their claims that they are desperately trying to keep the peace and heal the wounds, as if the family were equal participants in their one-sided feud. Fortunately for them, every day is a blank slate for the sugars.

Finally, contrast Sophie’s genuine grief and raw emotion with M’s absurd PR statement that she “adored” and will miss Prince Philip.The old adage that actions speak louder than words is lost on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I can see M coming with archie just because she knows she will in centre of attention (good or bad) she doesnt care

Just wondering is she suing the pictures with Archie's first day at nursery yet?
She was pretty quick with BBC lilibet name... or does she only sue english media
Just had a lovely thought wouldn't it be nice to have the pair of them on the bench for PR shots and a camera that fires s huge squirt of water when it clicks, evil I know but very enjoyable even more if it was stale piss instead of water😋😋

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So I have been a silent reader here and I have managed to figure out most abbreviations used here but I still can't figure out what PWBW stands for. Would someone kindly clarify? Thanks

Reactions: 11
It comes under the 1701 Act of Settlement which is widely misunderstood.
The monarch has to be "in communion with" the Church of England - that's different from being an actual member of the Church.
The Act also provides for the monarch to defend the Church of Scotland, so effectively defender of faiths (plural).
The background was that Queen Anne (the only child of William and Mary) had no surviving children (the longest lived died at age 12) and so effectively parliament legislated for who should be the next monarch, picking an obscure Hanoverian line who didn't even speak English but were descended from James I. George I was 2nd cousin of Queen Anne.
There's precedent for the monarch to not be a member of the Church of England in the forms of George I and George II, both of whom were Lutheran. It didn't present a problem because the commonly held view was that the churches were generally aligned. Remember the Act was partially brought about to stop Catholic claims to the throne, so any Protestant will do!
The Act of Settlement really establishes the principle that parliament appoints the monarch. Historically they've just let succession run its course, but the British constitution has lots of wiggle room. In the sort of crisis that might be precipitated if Number 6 or his issue ever get within sniffing distance of the throne then parliament has ample powers to displace a monarch that wouldn't be acceptable to the people.
Sorry for the long post.
Really good info, thanks for this

Just one minor correction... Queen Anne was the sister of Mary, not the child of William and Mary
Anne, Queen of Great Britain - Wikipedia

Reactions: 14
In 20 years time most likely William will be on the throne and baby Lilibet will be grown up wondering why her parents gave her a childish pet name instead of a real name like Lily or Elizabeth.🙄

I doubt that story about Bea wanting to use Lily as a name. She'll probably go for a name that can be used in UK and Italy, something like Isabella.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She's another one who is resorting to more and more pathetic ploys to keep her leathery face in the papers. If it had been me, I'd have kept some memories of the dates like the theatre tickets or anything. But no.
Leathery face :LOL: the years have not been kind.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So I have been a silent reader here and I have managed to figure out most abbreviations used here but I still can't figure out what PWBW stands for. Would someone kindly clarify? Thanks
Prince William's Brother's Wife.

Reactions: 19
Now if they had written Edward and Michael Ball I'd be more convinced
(Put the handbags away, Michael Ball fans!) 😜

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I must be the only one who can see her rocking up for the unveiling in a mega £££ dress with her best from Diana jewellery, smirking for the cameras.

The fame, good or bad is what she wants.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Now if they had written Edward and Michael Ball I'd be more convinced
(Put the handbags away, Michael Ball fans!) 😜
Was going to say isn't Michael Ball impotent then realised he could be the receiver as it were.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Feeling rather happy with myself today. You'll be pleased to know I hid the only 2 copies of the wench in my Asda this morning, behind the Harry Potter books. I've got to pop back up there tomorrow and if they are still there, I'm gonna put them in the bedding or towels department or even under the bin with the duvets in!
I've also been MIA the last few days as I've been trying to sort out my new job. This Bubbs is well chuffed to be going back to work after 11 years of "just" looking after the kids and I've just had the call to say I start next Tuesday 😁🎉🍾🥂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Just had a lovely thought wouldn't it be nice to have the pair of them on the bench for PR shots and a camera that fires s huge squirt of water when it clicks, evil I know but very enjoyable even more if it was stale piss instead of water😋😋
Put them on the stage at this year's Reading festival, the crowd there love throwing bottles off piss at acts they aren't enjoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.