Harry and Meghan #92 A nation stands still, a great man remembered

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree with Dan Wootton about this

I went out shopping yesterday morning and walked down the highstreet, it was packed!
While it’s true what he says, it’s a shame it took the sight of the queen sitting alone to make people realise. People have been forced to have socially distanced funerals all year.

Reactions: 31
Really not right. PP told Charles that he needed to marry Diana or let her go -- either one -- as it wasn't fair to keep her dangling (the press was hounding her). Charles was in his mid-30s (if my memory serves). And Camilla was not the center of his world -- he had affairs with Kanga and Camilla and Diana thought he was going to marry Tiggy (the boy's nanny)... IMHO if Diana had been discrete and willing to put up with PC affairs as HMTQ put up with PP many affairs they actually could have had a decent marriage.

Because of her own childhood where her mother dipped -- leaving her family to move to Australia -- Diana had an idealized idea of "true love" in the beginning. I think she believed that by marrying the future king he could never divorce her (think of Wallis Simpson and why Edward had to abdicate).

There were times in PC / Diana's marriage when they had good times. It was (IMHO) her emotional issues that caused a lot of the issues. Remember she threw herself down stairs when pregnant with William in a histrionic "suicide" attempt?

No one should have to put up with their partner having affairs

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Apparently, Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Countess Sophie have ignored him ever since he went back to the UK. Good enough for the little sod.
I don't know about anyone else but I'm loving Edward, Sophie and their family. I had sort of forgotten about them but especially over this last week, they've been so classy and generally amazing. Plus Sophie looks like one tough witch who'll not think twice about decking JCMC or his first wife if they got too close. I'm surprised JCMH first wife isn't exploding over the fact Edward will inherit the Duke of Edinburgh and most likely the theatre patronage too. I reckon Sophie is going to be next on her list as she's obviously got no time for them both as she's sussed them out and publically snubbed them twice. Plus Edward generally seems really nice so no doubt she feels he's a pushover.

But seriously this last week has been an absolute disaster for them. The lasting memory of yesterday will not be her missing or the wreath but the stunning picture of Catherine. And now ever article of JCMH is linked with uncle Andy 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
While it’s true what he says, it’s a shame it took the sight of the queen sitting alone to make people realise. People have been forced to have socially distanced funerals all year.
Yes I agree it's very sad and awful for those who have lost family members during the covid lockdown.😢

The Queen has been vaccinated and surely could have had a lady in waiting with her who is part of her bubble, perhaps we have to assume that the Queen herself made the decision to sit alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Yes I agree it's very sad and awful for those who have lost family members during the covid lockdown.😢

The Queen has been vaccinated and surely could have had a lady in waiting with her who is part of her bubble, perhaps we have to assume that the Queen herself made the decision to sit alone.
Maybe she did but I also believe that the RF wanted to be seen as observing Covid protocols as much as humanly possible as so many have had such awful times with funeral arrangements.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

She was in the car with someone but if she had a companion it meant fewer family members so I think she chose to sit alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Didn't Meghan claim that Harry personally gathered the flowers for her wedding bouquet...now her florist gathers flowers from her personal garden for this wreath. It's like she read a book once about British people (they like flower gardens!) and trots out her one factoid whenever convenient.

I have no doubt that, had she shown up, she would have been in an inappropriate outfit - something shiny, very, very expensive, and much too short. She would have been overcome with emotion and the cameras would have caught her "weeping" into her handkerchief, inconsolable at the loss of a man that she met maybe 6 times.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Didn't Meghan claim that Harry personally gathered the flowers for her wedding bouquet...now her florist gathers flowers from her personal garden for this wreath. It's like she read a book once about British people (they like flower gardens!) and trots out her one factoid whenever convenient.

I have no doubt that, had she shown up, she would have been in an inappropriate outfit - something shiny, very, very expensive, and much too short. She would have been overcome with emotion and the cameras would have caught her "weeping" into her handkerchief, inconsolable at the loss of a man that she met maybe 6 times.
She's been reading too many fairy tales. The beautiful princess gathering flowers in the meadow. Instead its the hideous Duchess ordering a florists to do it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Paula M on YT is calling out the interaction with a reluctant Will as instigated by haz for the cameras. Orca has it on her soc media as evidence of healing rift/strengthening Brand Sussex.
What exactly is Brand Sussex, does anyone know? So far I've not seen them do anything but waffle, witch, and pose for photos. Someone just posted that Smeg's commercial value will triple post divorce, so does that mean she will charge £15 instead of £5?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The headline of that DailyMail article annoys me as it kinda feeds into the "bad William" narrative that the stans love to fertilise with their manure. Are they going to say that Uncle Spencer also had to be between the two boys during the procession for Diana's funeral because Will asked for "space"? I think it was a diplomatic recognition that Peter is the 1st born grandchild of PP and there are a number of grandchildren to take into account. I guess Zara wasn't included because she just had a baby 3 weeks ago which is totally understandable. The only female in the procession was Anne, PP's daughter. Louise and James were too young, PP wanted some of his family and some of his long-trusted aides in the procession so there had to be a bit of choreography - and frankly so what if William needed a buffer. I would have wanted one as well.

ETA - I worry that this is the beginning of the Megalo-Mythomaniac making up things that Harry heard or was told while here. Honestly - they could say just about anything especially as she was on the horn to Harry every 5 min.
MM: did they hit you, Haz? Did they? They did, didn't they. ooo the nasty british elitist anti-ginger bulllies. Ima gonna tell aunty O.
H: err well I haven't really....
MM: you haven't what - eaten? They've cut off your food supply? that is just not even surviving, Haz. oooo Ima gonna tell aunty O.
H: no well I haven't really seen any....
MM: they gouged out your eyes? or are you saying they blindfolded you and kept you in solitary confinement. Well sounds familiar doesn't it?
H: yeah it does -- cuz that's what you do to me in Monte...
MM: no, Haz. NO! bad Haz. I keep you protected from the nasty paps and sunburn. don't you get it? They are doing something different.... they are keeping you prisoner! you must come back at once. I'll schedule a flight and a sit-down with Aunties O and G over a nice cuppa mushroom latte.
h: How's Arch...
MM: who? oh yeah... he's fine. He's up at CalTech splitting atoms so we can focus on the debrief properly.

She's been reading too many fairy tales. The beautiful princess gathering flowers in the meadow. Instead its the hideous Duchess ordering a florists to do it.
like the lemon cake with the lemons from her montecito garden.... when it isn't lemon season in Cali. Sure Jan

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Just catching up on the last two threads and watching the funeral now. How could they be so mean and horrible to HMTQ and Prince Philip with that interview?! My heart hurts for Her Majesty.😢Xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I also like Camilla. She herself ended up in an unhappy marriage, she should have been allowed to marry Charles in the first instance. She's been subjected to nasty and personal attacks over the years and never once publicly complains, never. Served the Queen and royal family exceptionally well and I've no doubt will be a very solid consort.
I really like her too, she gets on with the job and she doesn't complain (unlike Harry's wife). She also doesn't boast about her work. Even a couple of weeks ago she visited a mosque and donated a bunch of items for refugees.

I don't understand how people think it's okay to judge Camilla for her appearance. Was Charles just supposed to stay in a loveless marriage with Diana just because she's pretty? I can guarantee you if everyone judged on personality the vast majority of people would actually really like Camilla. I don't think people get that you can still love Diana without hating Charles and Camilla.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
At the risk of being accused of going off topic in a JCMH & HW forum:
A close up of the poignant empty seat in PP’s riding carriage, for those of you who might have missed it 😢
That was one of the moments when I really sobbed hard. I watched on the Royal Family YouTube, which had no commentary. Felt absolutely emotionally exhausted afterwards.

The music was outstanding and underlined how cultured a man PP was. Not just the beery barbeque man portrayed by Harry. Two of the pieces were actually commissioned by him, including the Britten Jubilate.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

No one should have to put up with their partner having affairs
Then the answer would have been divorce -- not throwing yourself down stairs, or starting a million affairs of your own.

She had far more affairs than he did -- and his friends always claimed that "she started it." In other words, she was so jealous of Camilla even though there was no affair at the time that she started screwing around on her own. Sad to say Diana was very mentally ill. I was actually a big fan of hers back in the day -- but she even misused William by leaning on him for support and HE WAS A CHILD. As I said earlier, her own childhood was very warped and it impacted her for the rest of her life. I have heard (rumors) that the RF got her psychiatric help -- but it seems to have had limited impact sadly.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
In twattersphere the squad pod are advertising a ‘special guest’ tomorrow and the Henry’s cousin account has gone private.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Oh dear poor ITV wasn't the channel of choice, was it? Tom Bradby is officially show to be viewer-repellent as far as Royal TV goes...

Almost 13 million people tuned in to watch Prince Philip's funeral on BBC and ITV - more than the figure for Harry and Meghan's bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview.

The BBC's live coverage - fronted by Huw Edwards - had 11.4 million viewers at its peak, with an average of 6.6 million.

The coorporation's peak viewers figure was nearly ten-times what ITV pulled in, with its peak standing at 1.2 million.
Bradbys a dreadful tosser, all " matey , matey" , and expressing his personal views & opinions on the News. Hes a newsreader. That's all he should gives us. The facts of the news. I cant stand all this " personality" bollocks.

I really like her too, she gets on with the job and she doesn't complain (unlike Harry's wife). She also doesn't boast about her work. Even a couple of weeks ago she visited a mosque and donated a bunch of items for refugees.

I don't understand how people think it's okay to judge Camilla for her appearance. Was Charles just supposed to stay in a loveless marriage with Diana just because she's pretty? I can guarantee you if everyone judged on personality the vast majority of people would actually really like Camilla. I don't think people get that you can still love Diana without hating Charles and Camilla.
Camillas great, love her

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Princes Edward and Andrew show the difference between a good royal marriage and a bad one.
Fergie is as extravagant as her husband and look how they’ve ended up.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Absolutely. It is really unfortunate that many people base their view on Camilla as being the villain in the Charles and Diana marriage, it is not like she singlehandedly came in with the goal to ruin their relationship. I respect her a lot, it is really terrible how the situation played out for everyone involved.

Reactions: 28
I think it would have been her decision, having someone sit next to her would have meant someone sitting in Prince Philip's seat and I can't see her allowing that somehow.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.