Harry and Meghan #92 A nation stands still, a great man remembered

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Diana was a child - just 19 years old - and a sheltered child at that when she was thrown into the royal family. She was the first woman to marry into the family since the Queen Mum (the press are much, much harder on the women who marry in - they barely acknowledge the men) Since she was part of the aristo set, I think the family thought that she would just be able to get on with it and did not do anything to ease her into the life. Charles also seemed to have that feeling. There were moments when you could see some genuine affection, but they were just fundamentally a mismatch personality-wise. Again - she was 19 - she didn't have the tools to deal with this life or to work on the marriage as she had never seen that modeled in her own family. Charles was brought up to just carry one and "never complain. never explain" so he would not have to tools to help her cope and it was easier to just shut down emotionally. I could also see the extended royal family being a bit brusque and brushing off her concerns, which fed into her mental issues. I don't think she was a bad person, she was just in a rough situation and utterly without any tools to cope with it. The family seems to have learned from this, and have all mellowed and allowed emotion to creep in in the 40 years since their marriage.

They also learned the value of easing someone into the life--it is a lifelong commitment, so a few quiet years of adjustment at the beginning is but a blip over a lifetime of service. Catherine and Sophie were also given the chance to date their husbands for a long time in order to ensure that they were compatible and able to deal with the pressures of royal life.

Diana also did not have Catherine and Sophie's advantage of a strong, close family to support her behind the scenes. Sarah did not have that either -her childhood was similarly chaotic- which is why I think she and Diana were so close.

Meghan was offered that easing in. No one would have questioned if she and Harry stated that they wanted to take a few years to establish their family before jumping in as full-time working royals. But no, she had to be the "best royal who ever royaled" and hit the ground running.

Everyone in the family also recommended that they date for more than a hot minute. Let's face it, their "dating" was nothing more than a series of hookups in exotic locales. They were still in the lust phase of their relationship with no experience of the day-to-day that a long-term relationship requires. A longer dating period would have been even more important given their cultural differences. However, Meg had to make sure that she got the ring and locked him down with a baby as soon as possible. Her clock was ticking - both biologically and in Hollywood.
Nothing was ticking for her in Hollywood at all and never will. She's 40+ with no awards to her name from any of her extremely minor film stuff. Nothing. She was an extremely minor somebody in a small part of Canada and that's it. She's a nobody who needed a somebody and she's read the whole thing wrong. Too late for a total script edit me thinks. I agree with your Diana stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Yes I agree it's very sad and awful for those who have lost family members during the covid lockdown.😢

The Queen has been vaccinated and surely could have had a lady in waiting with her who is part of her bubble, perhaps we have to assume that the Queen herself made the decision to sit alone.
I think she did. I think she was leading by example and showing solidarity to the many bereaved who have to sit alone 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Lovely tribute to PP from Matt, the Telegraph cartoonist https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...Acq_Sat_0Dto3D20210417&utm_campaign=DM1389533

I thought the quartet of singers did an outstanding job under enormous pressure. The three men were from the Chapel choir, the superb soprano Miriam Allan was wearing black as not part of the choir, whose top line is formed of boy choristers. She's married to another of the men from the Chapel choir, teaches at St George's School Windsor Castle and lives in, so very appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I really like Sophie. She's stuck it out with grace and dignity and seems lovely in interviews.

Do you think Harry and Meghan will eventually divorce? I think he's so abused he'll sadly never leave her. It's sad their kids have also been cut off from BOTH families. And Meghan is the common denominator
... and she is soooooo common & vulgar.
As my dearly departed MiL would say ‘spent a lot, still looks like it’s off a market stall’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Lovely tribute to PP from Matt, the Telegraph cartoonist https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...Acq_Sat_0Dto3D20210417&utm_campaign=DM1389533

I thought the quartet of singers did an outstanding job under enormous pressure. The three men were from the Chapel choir, the superb soprano Miriam Allan was wearing black as not part of the choir, whose top line is formed of boy choristers. She's married to another of the men from the Chapel choir, teaches at St George's School Windsor Castle and lives in, so very appropriate.
They were so good. I kept thinking the eyes of the world are on them - imagine the pressure!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Maybe she did but I also believe that the RF wanted to be seen as observing Covid protocols as much as humanly possible as so many have had such awful times with funeral arrangements.
Doing the ‘right thing’.

The family did the right thing & in full glare of the world’s press.
They have done more than can be expected or required of them to set an example & serve the nation.

I only hope that as soon as the family were at home together behind closed doors that they were free to hug & comfort each other.
Have a few drinks to relax, make some toasts in his honour, share reminiscences about PP & have a good laugh about the good times.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
so interesting that still no words on hazzo flying back to soul-sucking hyena. Does that mean he still wants to remain in the UK to continue living like a real prince quarantine? What is he planning??

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The wife’s fans are stabbing each other in the back as they can’t agree on what their reaction should be. Some accused others of being a cult! *gasp* 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I think she did. I think she was leading by example and showing solidarity to the many bereaved who have to sit alone 💗
Yes I agree it's very sad and awful for those who have lost family members during the covid lockdown.😢

The Queen has been vaccinated and surely could have had a lady in waiting with her who is part of her bubble, perhaps we have to assume that the Queen herself made the decision to sit alone.
Many have also had to sit alone as the RF themselves have said. It is awful. If her lady in waiting had been there another family member wouldn't have been able to have been. This is the dilemma many have had to face, including me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Surely now Harry must see his wife for the publicity bleep that she is?
There were many wreaths in the chapel but only one person had to disclose “see that one? That’s the one I sent. I hand wrote a note and chose appropriate flowers all by my incredible self. I’m soooo thoughtful arent I?! Look at me everyone, look at how nice I am!” 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Diana was a child - just 19 years old - and a sheltered child at that when she was thrown into the royal family. She was the first woman to marry into the family since the Queen Mum (the press are much, much harder on the women who marry in - they barely acknowledge the men) Since she was part of the aristo set, I think the family thought that she would just be able to get on with it and did not do anything to ease her into the life. Charles also seemed to have that feeling. There were moments when you could see some genuine affection, but they were just fundamentally a mismatch personality-wise. Again - she was 19 - she didn't have the tools to deal with this life or to work on the marriage as she had never seen that modeled in her own family. Charles was brought up to just carry one and "never complain. never explain" so he would not have to tools to help her cope and it was easier to just shut down emotionally. I could also see the extended royal family being a bit brusque and brushing off her concerns, which fed into her mental issues. I don't think she was a bad person, she was just in a rough situation and utterly without any tools to cope with it. The family seems to have learned from this, and have all mellowed and allowed emotion to creep in in the 40 years since their marriage.

They also learned the value of easing someone into the life--it is a lifelong commitment, so a few quiet years of adjustment at the beginning is but a blip over a lifetime of service. Catherine and Sophie were also given the chance to date their husbands for a long time in order to ensure that they were compatible and able to deal with the pressures of royal life.

Diana also did not have Catherine and Sophie's advantage of a strong, close family to support her behind the scenes. Sarah did not have that either -her childhood was similarly chaotic- which is why I think she and Diana were so close.

Meghan was offered that easing in. No one would have questioned if she and Harry stated that they wanted to take a few years to establish their family before jumping in as full-time working royals. But no, she had to be the "best royal who ever royaled" and hit the ground running.

Everyone in the family also recommended that they date for more than a hot minute. Let's face it, their "dating" was nothing more than a series of hookups in exotic locales. They were still in the lust phase of their relationship with no experience of the day-to-day that a long-term relationship requires. A longer dating period would have been even more important given their cultural differences. However, Meg had to make sure that she got the ring and locked him down with a baby as soon as possible. Her clock was ticking - both biologically and in Hollywood.
Very well put.

Catherine & Sophie’s settled & secure family lives meant that they were not seeking ‘lurrrve’ or approval. No doubt they have some social ambition & have married very very well but this social mobility is not that unusual. Although they are ‘commoners’ because they are not royal or titled, they both come from solid upper middle/middle class backgrounds.

I admire Carol Middleton’s backbone & ambition for herself & for her family.
From an ordinary family, she did well at school, went straight out to work determined to do well.
Her own parents were very hard working & had ambition.
Had Catherine not met William, who knows what she might have done with her degree?
What can be done with a History of Art degree?
By her choice of degree subject, Catherine does reflect the wealth & aspirations of her rich parents.
Shame she didn’t choose Engineering😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
#93 suggestion since there aren’t any others yet:

Noballs does a do-si-do, he wants his ugly mug in shot,
H’s wife sent a silly wreath, that’s all she’s got

• Haha
Reactions: 11
so interesting that still no words on hazzo flying back to soul-sucking hyena. Does that mean he still wants to remain in the UK to continue living like a real prince quarantine? What is he planning??
Planing his next interview:
Gayle:When did that happen Harry?
Harry: It was at Windsor that (insert accusations)
Just being snarky.
He will ponder the optics and image polish opportunity by staying for the Queens birthday.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The wife’s fans are stabbing each other in the back as they can’t agree on what their reaction should be. Some accused others of being a cult! *gasp* 😂😂😂😂
How sad - let's all get our very tiny violins out a play something appropriate for them... suggestions please... ;) 🎼 🎶 🎻

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Yes she could have, but it would be 1 less family member who could attend.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Planing his next interview:
Gayle:When did that happen Harry?
Harry: It was at Windsor that (insert accusations)
Just being snarky.
He will ponder the optics and image polish opportunity by staying for the Queens birthday.
Hopefully he put him on a leash and picked up after him. 🐕 :poop: 👑

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Paula M on YT is calling out the interaction with a reluctant Will as instigated by haz for the cameras. Orca has it on her soc media as evidence of healing rift/strengthening Brand Sussex.
I could be wrong but it looked to me as if it was Catherine that instigated it. She and Harry were talking outside the chapel when William was talking to the archbishop and when William walked off she sort of followed but also hung back a bit for Harry. It did also look to me as if Princess Anne wanted to speak to him but he didn't look at her and quickly moved to catch William and Kate up. They were then talking as they all walked together and Kate moved towards Sophie to leave them on their own.

Reactions: 11
#93 suggestion since there aren’t any others yet:

Noballs does a do-si-do, he wants his ugly mug in shot,
H’s wife sent a silly wreath, that’s all she’s got
I’m not sure, but I think someone suggested that after yesterday we were simply going to go with...

Harry & Meghan #93 God Save The Queen

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Surely now Harry must see his wife for the publicity bleep that she is?
There were many wreaths in the chapel but only one person had to disclose “see that one? That’s the one I sent. I hand wrote a note and chose appropriate flowers all by my incredible self. I’m soooo thoughtful arent I?! Look at me everyone, look at how nice I am!” 🤮
Precisely.
I reckon the Lord Chamberlain’s office bod took one look at the wreath, spotted the ‘note’ & thought ‘WTF, none of that!’ & slipped it into a pocket.
Note, what note?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.