Harry and Meghan #92 A nation stands still, a great man remembered

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personal garden? Well, that's funny because none of these are in flower now...and the only one in leaf is rosemary as it's evergreen!
You are well named, Miscanthus! Good detective work. Errr could Personal Garden be in the urban dictionary? There have been several comments that it was stressed that the wreath flowers were "locally sourced"..an odd thing to say as florists use fresh local flowers as a matter of course don't they?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Diana was a child - just 19 years old - and a sheltered child at that when she was thrown into the royal family. She was the first woman to marry into the family since the Queen Mum (the press are much, much harder on the women who marry in - they barely acknowledge the men) Since she was part of the aristo set, I think the family thought that she would just be able to get on with it and did not do anything to ease her into the life. Charles also seemed to have that feeling. There were moments when you could see some genuine affection, but they were just fundamentally a mismatch personality-wise. Again - she was 19 - she didn't have the tools to deal with this life or to work on the marriage as she had never seen that modeled in her own family. Charles was brought up to just carry one and "never complain. never explain" so he would not have to tools to help her cope and it was easier to just shut down emotionally. I could also see the extended royal family being a bit brusque and brushing off her concerns, which fed into her mental issues. I don't think she was a bad person, she was just in a rough situation and utterly without any tools to cope with it. The family seems to have learned from this, and have all mellowed and allowed emotion to creep in in the 40 years since their marriage.

They also learned the value of easing someone into the life--it is a lifelong commitment, so a few quiet years of adjustment at the beginning is but a blip over a lifetime of service. Catherine and Sophie were also given the chance to date their husbands for a long time in order to ensure that they were compatible and able to deal with the pressures of royal life.

Diana also did not have Catherine and Sophie's advantage of a strong, close family to support her behind the scenes. Sarah did not have that either -her childhood was similarly chaotic- which is why I think she and Diana were so close.

Meghan was offered that easing in. No one would have questioned if she and Harry stated that they wanted to take a few years to establish their family before jumping in as full-time working royals. But no, she had to be the "best royal who ever royaled" and hit the ground running.

Everyone in the family also recommended that they date for more than a hot minute. Let's face it, their "dating" was nothing more than a series of hookups in exotic locales. They were still in the lust phase of their relationship with no experience of the day-to-day that a long-term relationship requires. A longer dating period would have been even more important given their cultural differences. However, Meg had to make sure that she got the ring and locked him down with a baby as soon as possible. Her clock was ticking - both biologically and in Hollywood.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
A flawless summary of what I am seeing as a PR debacle of the Royals:

The subtle and not so subtle messages were there:
"Her Majesty had been expected to wear a brooch to today's service that had some connection to her husband of more than 73 years, however instead she opted to don the Queen Mary pearl and diamond Richmond brooch... The last time she wore this particular number was to the Sussexes' 2018 wedding, suggesting that this could represent something of a subtle peace offering"

Regardless what happened the Harkles are back in the press with positive headlines.
A few things stand out for me in this mess:
The Harkles are blackmailing the Royals with something, Charles and/or William are cowards, or the Royals have a incompetent set of advisers stuck in the past, when attacks on the monarchy were political, rather than political, social and personal as it is today.
But how else could they be handling it all? They are trying to be civil. Not fuelling their drama. Allowing them to pay their respects- I.e. being the bigger person .
But - the RF can’t control the media? If H&M insist on feeding these pathetically self promoting nuggets of information to the papers surely that’s out of the RF’s control?
It’s totally frustrating but really the media and the Harkles are the problem here.

• Sick
Reactions: 26
It's pretty much exactly what he did at the Commonwealth service last year. He threw a tantrum about not walking in procession behind the Queen, which was only resolved when William agreed to drop out of the procession as well. Harry then glared throughout the service on national TV, and barged through a row of chairs on the way out to make sure of his place in the exit procession. That's quite some track record.
What’s irks me most about the commonwealth service last year is that it was obvious something was wrong so I’d rather JCMH’s reaction, pissed off, W&K, uncomfortable than Merkle’s, glee from the attention and damage she’s created and smiling as if nothing was wrong!!

I reckon the ‘William requested for space’ was pre-planted by Smeg to go out today as well so I’m glad they talked at the end as it’s doesn’t back that story, if he really made that request and wanted space...they would have been able to avoid JCMH, deliberate or not, great chess move and even better with headlines that Catherine was the one who set it up~

Reactions: 15
Then the answer would have been divorce -- not throwing yourself down stairs, or starting a million affairs of your own.

She had far more affairs than he did -- and his friends always claimed that "she started it." In other words, she was so jealous of Camilla even though there was no affair at the time that she started screwing around on her own. Sad to say Diana was very mentally ill. I was actually a big fan of hers back in the day -- but she even misused William by leaning on him for support and HE WAS A CHILD. As I said earlier, her own childhood was very warped and it impacted her for the rest of her life. I have heard (rumors) that the RF got her psychiatric help -- but it seems to have had limited impact sadly.
Probably why William doesn't constantly go on about his mother like she was a Saint. He knew she had her good points and bad points. I heard he was so embarrassed after his parents' interviews, I can only imagine he was mortified after Harry's (I think history only really repeated for William in that sense).

Catherine is great for William because she has a solid family and I think he needed that for relief. If Harry married someone like that I think it would have helped him to move on a bit more. Instead his wife's family just has too much drama and she's cut most of the members out of her life because they don't suit her image now.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
It's not making stuff up to point out that on Thursday the entry into St George's was briefed out with great care, including the pairings and who was standing behind who. Earl Snowden, as of Thursday, was walking behind William. There was no briefing that had changed. Then on the day, we have Harry crossing sides unexpectedly to stand behind his brother. That's a big deal.

Two explanations. Harry had a tantrum on Friday about the arrangements and insisted they were changed to give him more prominence. This seems quite likely, he's got form for this. Or he just took the better position on the day, which is what the body language of the other two men at the back suggests.
I'd guess the second option, the others weren't expecting it. Shows how 'Umble 'Arry has changed and learned his lesson... still arrogant, peabrained, disrespectful and aggressive. This small incident should tell the RF a lot and I hope they take on board that Noballs was prepared to disrupt his grandparents' funeral plans to get his gjnger-pubed fizzog close to his brother, the genuine article, for his brainless bot sugar supporters.

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Yes I agree it's very sad and awful for those who have lost family members during the covid lockdown.😢

The Queen has been vaccinated and surely could have had a lady in waiting with her who is part of her bubble, perhaps we have to assume that the Queen herself made the decision to sit alone.
I think the Queen chose to sit alone as a sign of empathy, respect and understanding to all those who have had to do the same during the pandemic.
Even on her saddest day she was still thinking of her country and its people.
What a remarkable woman. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Maybe she did but I also believe that the RF wanted to be seen as observing Covid protocols as much as humanly possible as so many have had such awful times with funeral arrangements.
Also, a lady in waiting would have taken away from a family member due to the rule of 30.

It was heart-breaking to see though.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I just wish he would buggar off to Montishito to slaguts so we can all look forward to the next installment of the Harkle s freak show live from California, with the 2 worst freaks mouthing off about the funeral. It will be interesting to hear what the wanker will spin from it. King y the ignorant, stupid, be wigged plank will be gobblng off about everything she thinks she knows and it will be "poor harry" they froze him out etc.

Would like to know if that iconic photo of Kate got into the press over there,I do hope so and she will be spitting tacks. I believe that these TV hosts have shown their whole wonderful Country in a very bad and spiteful light.

Harry may have looked ill at ease yesterday but he still looks mutinous and arrogant to me and really hope he has gone back empty handed. He hasn't learned and never will until he is given a firm duck off from the family and do not come back ever.

The time for niceties and forgiveness is long gone.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I still think Peter Phillips took one for the team yesterday. I wouldn't want to stand next to Harry the traitor either.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'd guess the second option, the others weren't expecting it. Shows how 'Umble 'Arry has changed and learned his lesson... still arrogant, peabrained, disrespectful and aggressive. This small incident should tell the RF a lot and I hope they take on board that Noballs was prepared to disrupt his grandparents' funeral plans to get his gjnger-pubed fizzog close to his brother, the genuine article, for his brainless bot sugar supporters.
Hazno might not have known anything about his wife trying to dominate his grandpa's funeral. She is so obsessive that she must be involved with everything, she most probably went ahead with announcing that they'd offered a wreath containing this and that, whilst the rest of the family just got on with it.

Hazzo can't carry on living like this. He knows the lifestyle that he should, and always, lived before the wrong wife came into his life.

He has to think carefully now about the rest of his life. Either leave the wife and regain respect with his family and support them again, or be fake and untrustworthy living in La La Land with a narcissis.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Diana was a child - just 19 years old - and a sheltered child at that when she was thrown into the royal family. She was the first woman to marry into the family since the Queen Mum (the press are much, much harder on the women who marry in - they barely acknowledge the men) Since she was part of the aristo set, I think the family thought that she would just be able to get on with it and did not do anything to ease her into the life. Charles also seemed to have that feeling. There were moments when you could see some genuine affection, but they were just fundamentally a mismatch personality-wise. Again - she was 19 - she didn't have the tools to deal with this life or to work on the marriage as she had never seen that modeled in her own family. Charles was brought up to just carry one and "never complain. never explain" so he would not have to tools to help her cope and it was easier to just shut down emotionally. I could also see the extended royal family being a bit brusque and brushing off her concerns, which fed into her mental issues. I don't think she was a bad person, she was just in a rough situation and utterly without any tools to cope with it. The family seems to have learned from this, and have all mellowed and allowed emotion to creep in in the 40 years since their marriage.

They also learned the value of easing someone into the life--it is a lifelong commitment, so a few quiet years of adjustment at the beginning is but a blip over a lifetime of service. Catherine and Sophie were also given the chance to date their husbands for a long time in order to ensure that they were compatible and able to deal with the pressures of royal life.

Diana also did not have Catherine and Sophie's advantage of a strong, close family to support her behind the scenes. Sarah did not have that either -her childhood was similarly chaotic- which is why I think she and Diana were so close.

Meghan was offered that easing in. No one would have questioned if she and Harry stated that they wanted to take a few years to establish their family before jumping in as full-time working royals. But no, she had to be the "best royal who ever royaled" and hit the ground running.

Everyone in the family also recommended that they date for more than a hot minute. Let's face it, their "dating" was nothing more than a series of hookups in exotic locales. They were still in the lust phase of their relationship with no experience of the day-to-day that a long-term relationship requires. A longer dating period would have been even more important given their cultural differences. However, Meg had to make sure that she got the ring and locked him down with a baby as soon as possible. Her clock was ticking - both biologically and in Hollywood.
Exactly this. With her being older than Harry she didn’t have time on her side hence the whirlwind romance. ‘Marry in haste...’

Reactions: 24
I just wish he would buggar off to Montishito to slaguts so we can all look forward to the next installment of the Harkle s freak show live from California, with the 2 worst freaks mouthing off about the funeral. It will be interesting to hear what the wanker will spin from it. King y the ignorant, stupid, be wigged plank will be gobblng off about everything she thinks she knows and it will be "poor harry" they froze him out etc.

Would like to know if that iconic photo of Kate got into the press over there,I do hope so and she will be spitting tacks. I believe that these TV hosts have shown their whole wonderful Country in a very bad and spiteful light.

Harry may have looked ill at ease yesterday but he still looks mutinous and arrogant to me and really hope he has gone back empty handed. He hasn't learned and never will until he is given a firm duck off from the family and do not come back ever.

The time for niceties and forgiveness is long gone.
The problem (from Harry’s point of view) is that he’s still the increasingly superfluous ‘spare’ - less constitutionally important than William. William will always take precedence, because he’s the future king, but Harry can’t accept that. He thinks he should have equal billing. Obviously the RF are not going to give him equal billing, and unless the Snarkles can accept that there is nowhere to go with this.

Reactions: 33
F
But how else could they be handling it all? They are trying to be civil. Not fuelling their drama. Allowing them to pay their respects- I.e. being the bigger person .
But - the RF can’t control the media? If H&M insist on feeding these pathetically self promoting nuggets of information to the papers surely that’s out of the RF’s control?
It’s totally frustrating but really the media and the Harkles are the problem here.
It was actually easy to do, rearranging the procession in 2 by 2.
Why did the children walk 2 by 2 yet those behind were 3.
There are a million ways of rearranging this.

Not creating "spontaneous" walking to enable Harry to get his pap shots, and Markle to claim that Harry reached out because he is a "biger man" and forgiving.
They can't control the media, but they can control the amount of joint interactions which enable the Harkles narrative.
And yes you are right, it's frustrating. It may become worse once the Queen dies.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I have a gut feeling that Harry would have liked to have just left the RF and gone to live a simpler life away from the crowds with the 'love of his life' and children. MM realised this and played on it big time, saying it would happen and be wonderful. If this had happened they would have had enough to live on with his millions.
If only he had suggested this to the real 'love of his life' Chelsey many years ago I'm sure she would have gone with him and they could have happily lived out their lives with contentment. They broke up because she said she couldn't stand the royal way of life but is still in touch with him ......... a Camilla number 2? Perhaps history will repeat itself! 🤞
Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: 14
I would have thought that the Prince of Wales when he becomes King gets what the previous monarch left behind, no? The Queen Mother and Diana had their own items/wealth to distribute that had nothing to do with the Monarchy per se and that is what Harry and William (and others) received - but I could be wrong. I got that impression from the money scuffles when Edward abdicated and George became King.
The vast majority will go the Charles to avoid inheritance tax. Most of the Queen's jewellery is actually inherited from Queen Mary and from her mum. I imagine she will bequeath some among the family

Reactions: 17
Also, a lady in waiting would have taken away from a family member due to the rule of 30.

It was heart-breaking to see though.
I was under the impression that her lady in waiting was inside the Chapel should she need anything and not included in the 30 as she would have been working. I agree with other posters saying she chose to sit alone as an example to the rest of the country who have gone through similar experiences. She has put duty before everything her entire life

• Heart
Reactions: 37
The vast majority will go the Charles to avoid inheritance tax. Most of the Queen's jewellery is actually inherited from Queen Mary and from her mum. I imagine she will bequeath some among the family

Right -- there is a distinction between the royal jewels which are part of the crown, and her personal jewelry which she can bequeath as she sees fit.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.