Harry and Meghan #92 A nation stands still, a great man remembered

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The moment when Harry starts walking over to steal Earl Snowden's place behind William

HMTQ approved the funeral arrangements personally. But nothing will stop Thirsty Harry getting his ginger face on the TV, so he shoved himself into frame behind his brother.

That little stunt was pre-planned, I'm convinced.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
I wonder how far she is from Soho Farmhouse in oxfordshire? And if she does their flowers too.
Perhaps not so far - her website just says West Oxfordshire but Chipping Norton where Soho Farmhouse is in West Oxfordshire so...

Reactions: 6
When the trumpets were playing the anthem the camera came to Harry. He looked very pensive and I wonder if he missed hearing the National anthem about his own grandmother. Will he hear it again I wonder or will it next be God save the King?

• Sad
Reactions: 13
OMG he actually does! I bet some words were said about that afterwards. What a sneaky move! 🐍
I don't understand though as a few of them swap over as if they had a pre-planned order to form in to go up the steps. Harry wasn't the only one?

Reactions: 6
I doubled up the blubbing at that shot. also did anyone else notice Sophie blocking the kids from coming out of the pews to manage their momoentum at the end of the service so they didn't get too close to H? was it my imagination? it was very brief
I think they all had to be socially distanced inside the chapel?

I love Sophie, another credit to the Crown along with Catherine

It must be weird for him- coming home to the people he’s always been able to trust and who understood the madness of the life he was born into. He’s known Kate 20 years and his friends from home had been there since childhood. Now he’s surrounded by people who only want him to make money off his title- something him and William had always been famous for avoiding. His child doesn’t know his family, and the mew one probably won’t either. The queen won’t be around forever and neither will his father- I hope that he can apologise and try to make amends. He will have to put the foot down with California though, if he wants to have any chance of at least a family reconciliation. His father and the Queen looked broken today- it’d take a cold soul not to want to fix things.
Sadly, Haznoballs is married to said person

I don't understand though as a few of them swap over as if they had a pre-planned order to form in to go up the steps. Harry wasn't the only one?
Exactly this. It’s all pre planned. He wouldn’t have been anywhere he shouldn’t have been. I think some posters need to calm down and not try to find the bad in everything. Makes you no better than Harry’s wife and the sugars.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I like Camilla. I always have (wasn't a Diana fan at all) and I think she serves the UK well. She has kept her head down and worked hard. Not bad for a much hated late comer.

People find it very hard to allow Charles to move on and yet the same people would have cheered if Diana had done so.. Strange. Obviously. these people are part of the #bekind movement (they mean you not them)
I also like Camilla. She herself ended up in an unhappy marriage, she should have been allowed to marry Charles in the first instance. She's been subjected to nasty and personal attacks over the years and never once publicly complains, never. Served the Queen and royal family exceptionally well and I've no doubt will be a very solid consort.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I don't discuss the royals & H&M IRL, but PPs death and funeral has been a topical conversation piece. Everyone I spoke to were critical of their interview and of them taking the focus this week.
Had similar experiences. Everyone I spoke to told me they must’ve done the interview while knowing he had little time left. That was the sore point for most. I really don’t think they’ll ever be totally forgiven for it by the majority of people,

Reactions: 37
There was a pre-planned order to enter in pairs. It was briefed to the press on Thursday. Harry's place was behind Peter Phillips, and paired with Earl Snowden, who was due to be behind William.

Harry decided to change it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I’m over analysing because my husband is at work and I’ve nothing else to do but just on the jewellery- I think it’s a pointed gesture from the Queen showing that she considers the DoC part of the family. The items are from her personal collection and hold sentimental value- the earrings from her wedding in particular but even the pearls were worn for their 70th (?) anniversary. The Queen had to have approved them being worn for the funeral because it’s not like they are lying in Kates jewellery box. The DoC is part of their family now, she’s proven that she is loyal and is part of the inner circle. Harry might be on the outs because he’s behaved appallingly but he can worm his way back in if he tried properly to redeem himself- HFEW will never be part of the inner circle now and will only ever have surface level tales to sell. We will never see her in any famous jewellery now, except what Harry has left from his mother- god I hope he has a prenup that protects the sentimental items- his inheritance is gone, but that’s just money. The jewellery is irreplaceable.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The moment when Harry starts walking over to steal Earl Snowden's place behind William

HMTQ approved the funeral arrangements personally. But nothing will stop Thirsty Harry getting his ginger face on the TV, so he shoved himself into frame behind his brother.

Come to think of it, maybe he was placed behind Peter so he doesn’t show up on the cameras as much? William of course will be in a lot of shots and whoever behind or beside him will show too.

• Sick
The thing is though, Harry thinks he’s entitled to the royal lifestyle even though he’s removed himself from being part of it. Eight million isn’t enough to fund a royal lifestyle indefinitely. He didn’t ask to be born into royalty, but since he was you can’t expect him to live like a peasant on just a few million...:rolleyes: He doesn’t want to be royal, but he doesn’t want to be ordinary either. He doesn’t want to be royal, but he wants to continue living to a royal standard.
I have a gut feeling that Harry would have liked to have just left the RF and gone to live a simpler life away from the crowds with the 'love of his life' and children. MM realised this and played on it big time, saying it would happen and be wonderful. If this had happened they would have had enough to live on with his millions.
If only he had suggested this to the real 'love of his life' Chelsey many years ago I'm sure she would have gone with him and they could have happily lived out their lives with contentment. They broke up because she said she couldn't stand the royal way of life but is still in touch with him ......... a Camilla number 2? Perhaps history will repeat itself! 🤞

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
A flawless summary of what I am seeing as a PR debacle of the Royals:

The subtle and not so subtle messages were there:
"Her Majesty had been expected to wear a brooch to today's service that had some connection to her husband of more than 73 years, however instead she opted to don the Queen Mary pearl and diamond Richmond brooch... The last time she wore this particular number was to the Sussexes' 2018 wedding, suggesting that this could represent something of a subtle peace offering"

Regardless what happened the Harkles are back in the press with positive headlines.
A few things stand out for me in this mess:
The Harkles are blackmailing the Royals with something, Charles and/or William are cowards, or the Royals have a incompetent set of advisers stuck in the past, when attacks on the monarchy were political, rather than political, social and personal as it is today.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I also like Camilla. She herself ended up in an unhappy marriage, she should have been allowed to marry Charles in the first instance. She's been subjected to nasty and personal attacks over the years and never once publicly complains, never. Served the Queen and royal family exceptionally well and I've no doubt will be a very solid consort.
I don’t understand why the press insist on giving such a hard time to women who join the RF (and even just girlfriends). I notice they don’t do it to men that marry royal women. PB & PE’s chaps haven’t copped any nastiness from the press. Nor has Tim Lawrence. HW actually had a very easy ride compared to what some royal brides and girlfriends suffered. If the press had been less horrible Harry might have married Chelsy and we wouldn’t have this current mess.

Reactions: 21
Come to think of it, maybe he was placed behind Peter so he doesn’t show up on the cameras as much? William of course will be in a lot of shots and whoever behind or beside him will show too.
Exactly. Here's the planned arrangements as briefed on Thursday

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I’m starting to think I’m the only one in this thought process, but I don’t actually think it was as contrived. IMO Prince Charles made the decision after the service that as it was a lovely day and everyone could do with a few breaths of fresh air that they’d all walk back up, the timing where everyone came out dictated how they walked with whom etc, until obviously Kate dropped back so Harry and Wills could talk. I really don’t think it was orchestrated and just organically happened. I also don’t think much was said and just usual small chit chat that’s normal after a funeral. Despite what Harry has done to their family, I very much think Kate still loves him as her little brother and holds out hope for her and Wills to have a good relationship with him again. I don’t think Wills “hates” him etc but there’s bound to be frostiness there. The press will no doubt make more out of it than it was, but everything else aside, if it gives Her Majesty an ounce of comfort to see that picture of them if she glances at the papers this morning, then I’m ok with that. It remains to be seen what the ramifications of it from Montecito will be though, no doubt she’ll have thrown some china about.
You are not alone. It looked natural to me, not staged. Sure they knew the cameras were on them but they Could have just said hello and kept walking away. It doesn’t mean things are good between them though.

Reactions: 16

Yes I agree this part was planned and carried out deliberately. They know the focus would be on W and guaranteed coverage means he needs to be as close as possible to W.

I also believe the walk was not planned but H took advantage of the opportunity for a public "reconciliation" stunt because that's the angle they've been pushing this week. H is not as stupid as people think he is.

Of course at that point W would be unaware of the wreath press release by M, so the chances are things will still be frosty privately and will remain so.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Does anyone know what happens to HMTQ jewellery/ brooch’s and tiaras when she dies? I presume that the tiaras become property of the crown.

But there is the jewellery that PP have HMTQ the brooches which she got from her parents grandparents, I presume spilt between kids and grandkids.

Meghan will probably want to get her greedy mitts on it all.

Reactions: 7
There was a pre-planned order to enter in pairs. It was briefed to the press on Thursday. Harry's place was behind Peter Phillips, and paired with Earl Snowden, who was due to be behind William.

Harry decided to change it.
Good spot, everyone! I hadn’t twigged that at all.

Dozy of me considering we had every little detail spelled out beforehand and I knew they were never supposed to be next to/near each other. It was definitely a preplanned thing. You can see him clearly and obviously swap sides, rather than just meander into place by accident. Clearly HFEW thought measly old Peter was too unimportant for JCMH to follow!
1618746136850.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Exactly this. It’s all pre planned. He wouldn’t have been anywhere he shouldn’t have been. I think some posters need to calm down and not try to find the bad in everything. Makes you no better than Harry’s wife and the sugars.
I agree with this 100%. Everything with that funeral will have been planned to the minutest detail.

Harry has done enough damage and caused enough trouble by himself without us making stuff up or reading too much into something.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.