Harry and Meghan #92 A nation stands still, a great man remembered

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So HMTQ bday on Wednesday and hopefully for his grandmothers sake Harry stays to spend it with her,

It’s also prince Louis bday on Friday.

If Harry saw Prince Louis for his bday can you imagine how mad Meghan will get.
Wonder if Catherine will publish a few family photos of HMTQ with her family taken on her birthday.
Hazza would be a complete mug if he did not stay on for another week to spend time with HMTQ.
This may be the last time he can spend an extended period of time with her.

Likewise spending time with Louis.
A few family friendly snaps for Louis’s birthday🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Everyone is sick to death of Markle and her constant attention seeking antics now except for the sugars.

My next door neighbour (an elderly man) just said how he was fed up with the press mentioning her! Then he said Harry should go away to America and shut up as well. I didn't even instigate this conversation!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Wonder if Catherine will publish a few family photos of HMTQ with her family taken on her birthday.
Hazza would be a complete mug if he did not stay on for another week to spend time with HMTQ.
This may be the last time he can spend an extended period of time with her.

Likewise spending time with Louis.
A few family friendly snaps for Louis’s birthday🥳
You'd think H would finally realise what he's missing in his grandparents twilight years, now that he's spent the last year of his grandfathers life acting like a spoiled brat - but I won't hold my breath. Smeg is probably on the phone every 5 mins asking when he's coming back. She will be sweating at the thought of him having conversations with William and the rest of the family without her there to wind him up at the back.

Reactions: 38
Let's hope old H will spend some time with HMTQ for her birthday, although the cynical side of me is thinking that any new photos will be used by old Smegs to further his profile and career in the U.S.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Their wreath just looks completely out of place amongst the others, screaming look at me but for all the wrong reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I’m starting to think I’m the only one in this thought process, but I don’t actually think it was as contrived. IMO Prince Charles made the decision after the service that as it was a lovely day and everyone could do with a few breaths of fresh air that they’d all walk back up, the timing where everyone came out dictated how they walked with whom etc, until obviously Kate dropped back so Harry and Wills could talk. I really don’t think it was orchestrated and just organically happened. I also don’t think much was said and just usual small chit chat that’s normal after a funeral. Despite what Harry has done to their family, I very much think Kate still loves him as her little brother and holds out hope for her and Wills to have a good relationship with him again. I don’t think Wills “hates” him etc but there’s bound to be frostiness there. The press will no doubt make more out of it than it was, but everything else aside, if it gives Her Majesty an ounce of comfort to see that picture of them if she glances at the papers this morning, then I’m ok with that. It remains to be seen what the ramifications of it from Montecito will be though, no doubt she’ll have thrown some china about.
I think so too.

Reactions: 8
Yes, thank you, Evangelina!! I saw your quote marks 😅 - I wasn't having a go, I was really grateful you put it in because I couldn't figure why it looked so off!

And you're absolutely right, all about them like nobody else had the intuitive and sensitive idea that flowers might have meaning? Geez, they're thick, aren't they. Deserve each other.
The wreath is all over the papers as though it was the only one there. Florist Willow Crossley based in west Oxfordshire made it and some of the flowers were "from her personal garden". She apparently did the flowers for H&M's evening wedding reception as well as Farchy's "christening" in the private chapel at Windsor Castle in 2019! :LOL: I wonder if Willow is aware that her floral arrangements were used for a photoshop?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I think the bowing at the end was to the altar/cross, rather than to the coffin. So if anything more an indication of who has been at a service recently ;)
Bowing to the altar is correct if you walk across it as you leave. Beatrice was sitting on the opposite side, so didn't walk in front of the altar on leaving.

I rewatched the service just to try to take in the beauty of it all. Then I wondered why Harry ended up entering the church behind William. The men were supposed to pair up, with Earl Snowden behind William, Harry next to Earl Snowden. But... As they pair up to enter the chapel, Harry pushes himself over to be right behind William. Earl Snowden looks startled then quickly changes sides to take Harry's spot. It's amazing and a textbook Harkles stunt to grab the camera for a 'brothers together' moment.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
All the wreaths inside I guess are all family ones, so they acting like they the only ones that got a wreath when there was wreaths on both sides.

Their wreath just looks completely out of place amongst the others, screaming look at me but for all the wrong reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The wreath is all over the papers as though it was the only one there. Florist Willow Crossley based in west Oxfordshire made it and some of the flowers were "from her personal garden". She apparently did the flowers for H&M's evening wedding reception as well as Farchy's "christening" in the private chapel at Windsor Castle in 2019! :LOL: I wonder if Willow is aware that her floral arrangements were used for a photoshop?
I wonder how far she is from Soho Farmhouse in oxfordshire? And if she does their flowers too.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I watched the BBC with good old Huw commentating. He had some interesting guests on before the ceremony. Did anyone see PP's Royal Protection officer talking about his time with him? He was with him when he made many of his "gaffs" including the China, "slitty eye" comment.
He told the story of when he was on a royal duty and it was reported he had said something inappropriate again, his RPO said to him in the car, " I was with you all day sir, and I didn't hear you say that", He replied " It sounds like something I would say, so I just ignored it!!" He really didn't mind being the naughty Chappy, and he had an eye for the Ladies!;)
I thought Philip had said "It sounds like something I would say, so I might as well take the credit" ............ or that might have been about another thing he hadn't said.

It’s interesting to note that Harry and his FW are almost always together, like he can’t be out of her sight (*cough* control) for any length of time. This is most likely the longest period of time apart.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I bet intially she was thrilled but now she has seen the pictures, she must realise that that wreath sticks out for all the wrong reasons. Atleast the Sussexs have made such a big deal about the wreath that everyone knows the florist wasn't at fault.

• Haha
  • Sick
If you want to check out Harry swapping sides,its at 33.30 on the RF YouTube channel

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Everyone is sick to death of Markle and her constant attention seeking antics now except for the sugars.

My next door neighbour (an elderly man) just said how he was fed up with the press mentioning her! Then he said Harry should go away to America and shut up as well. I didn't even instigate this conversation!
I don't discuss the royals & H&M IRL, but PPs death and funeral has been a topical conversation piece. Everyone I spoke to were critical of their interview and of them taking the focus this week.

Reactions: 23
I didn’t used to think Charles would be a good King. A bit too sensitive. But he’s sort of grown into it, especially as the world has realised his environmentalism is not gobbledegook.
I think Camilla will be a much better consort/Queen than Diana would ever have been.
William too has a strong future Queen to take the RF forward.
I like Camilla. I always have (wasn't a Diana fan at all) and I think she serves the UK well. She has kept her head down and worked hard. Not bad for a much hated late comer.

People find it very hard to allow Charles to move on and yet the same people would have cheered if Diana had done so.. Strange. Obviously. these people are part of the #bekind movement (they mean you not them)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.