Harry and Meghan #92 A nation stands still, a great man remembered

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the BBC with good old Huw commentating. He had some interesting guests on before the ceremony. Did anyone see PP's Royal Protection officer talking about his time with him? He was with him when he made many of his "gaffs" including the China, "slitty eye" comment.
He told the story of when he was on a royal duty and it was reported he had said something inappropriate again, his RPO said to him in the car, " I was with you all day sir, and I didn't hear you say that", He replied " It sounds like something I would say, so I just ignored it!!" He really didn't mind being the naughty Chappy, and he had an eye for the Ladies!;)
When the interviewer asked Anne about her Fathers gaffs, she said 'you assume they are all true' and told the interviewer to move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I reckon he also sticking around to see if he was left anything in the will.

I hope Phil left Harry’s share to those cute fell ponies we saw yesterday.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It's my guess Harry purposely instigated that conversation in the hope that William and Kate would ignore him for all the world to witness (he knew the cameras would be all over him) then he and the witch could cry to the press; 'Look! See?? THIS is why we had to leave, this is how they treated us and this is exactly the reason we had to leave - for the sake of our mental health *sob sob sob* *wail wail wail*. We are really the good nice ones and they're all bad, there's the evidence!'

William and Kate played a blinder chatting back and not falling for it.
I’m starting to think I’m the only one in this thought process, but I don’t actually think it was as contrived. IMO Prince Charles made the decision after the service that as it was a lovely day and everyone could do with a few breaths of fresh air that they’d all walk back up, the timing where everyone came out dictated how they walked with whom etc, until obviously Kate dropped back so Harry and Wills could talk. I really don’t think it was orchestrated and just organically happened. I also don’t think much was said and just usual small chit chat that’s normal after a funeral. Despite what Harry has done to their family, I very much think Kate still loves him as her little brother and holds out hope for her and Wills to have a good relationship with him again. I don’t think Wills “hates” him etc but there’s bound to be frostiness there. The press will no doubt make more out of it than it was, but everything else aside, if it gives Her Majesty an ounce of comfort to see that picture of them if she glances at the papers this morning, then I’m ok with that. It remains to be seen what the ramifications of it from Montecito will be though, no doubt she’ll have thrown some china about.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I don’t wish her bad health or harm, I just want them to go and live the lives they have chosen. They’ve done their interview, said their piece, so now they should just go away. They have millions in the bank, a beautiful house and want for nothing. I am torn on taking their titles completely- I’d like them (the firm) to change the rules so that going forward (I.e not take Fergies title- I’m oddly fond of her) if anyone divorces in the family- they lose all of their titles- Sussex etc- not just the HRH. But until the monarchy is abolished, Harry remains a prince, unless he decides to forfeit it himself- he will be the son of the king of England and it’ll look awful if they take that away from him.

Reactions: 26
I reckon he also sticking around to see if he was left anything in the will.

I hope Phil left Harry’s share to those cute fell ponies we saw yesterday.
Or to something like a homeless charity so people who are actually struggling can get help. Not someone who’s been given everything and is now complaining because 8 million isn’t enough to live off. Maybe he should get an actual job if wants to distance himself from the royal family instead of basically asking for benefits from uk tax payers.

Reactions: 27
I’m starting to think I’m the only one in this thought process, but I don’t actually think it was as contrived. IMO Prince Charles made the decision after the service that as it was a lovely day and everyone could do with a few breaths of fresh air that they’d all walk back up, the timing where everyone came out dictated how they walked with whom etc, until obviously Kate dropped back so Harry and Wills could talk. I really don’t think it was orchestrated and just organically happened. I also don’t think much was said and just usual small chit chat that’s normal after a funeral. Despite what Harry has done to their family, I very much think Kate still loves him as her little brother and holds out hope for her and Wills to have a good relationship with him again. I don’t think Wills “hates” him etc but there’s bound to be frostiness there. The press will no doubt make more out of it than it was, but everything else aside, if it gives Her Majesty an ounce of comfort to see that picture of them if she glances at the papers this morning, then I’m ok with that. It remains to be seen what the ramifications of it from Montecito will be though, no doubt she’ll have thrown some china about.
I totally agree with you.

Reactions: 15
Wow, that's insane. Where did you get all this info? I'd be interested in reading it. Honestly, I never thought Diana was the living embodiment of an angel. I don't really have a tolerance for people who go on tv and spill all the details of their (and others) private lives, especially when they're playing the part of the wronged party. It makes me think just the opposite of them.
Andrew Morton's book is incredibly biased so I wouldn't recommend bothering with that one (although it is a million times better that H&M's Finding Freedom). If you want more unbiased books, I can recommend Lady Colin Campbell's two books on Diana and Patrick Jephson's 'Shadow of a Princess'. I think there's a book by one of her bodyguards too (Ken Wharfe I think).

Reactions: 21
Or to something like a homeless charity so people who are actually struggling can get help. Not someone who’s been given everything and is now complaining because 8 million isn’t enough to live off. Maybe he should get an actual job if wants to distance himself from the royal family instead of basically asking for benefits from uk tax payers.
The thing is though, Harry thinks he’s entitled to the royal lifestyle even though he’s removed himself from being part of it. Eight million isn’t enough to fund a royal lifestyle indefinitely. He didn’t ask to be born into royalty, but since he was you can’t expect him to live like a peasant on just a few million...:rolleyes: He doesn’t want to be royal, but he doesn’t want to be ordinary either. He doesn’t want to be royal, but he wants to continue living to a royal standard.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
ginge constantly bitching that he only has so many millions to live off and majority of us are lucky if we even see one million in our lives.

Reactions: 35
I don’t know how Meghan can claim to have had a close relationship with P Philip. Since her engagement he was retired and living in Sandringham, it wasn’t a place she went often.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Can you imagine existing on their levels of intellect? Blind-following the leader, never questioning their actions or motives, however dodgy they are...preaching about being kind to everybody, not actually putting it in action much though (I'm actually allergic to that phrase now). Sad, stupid and shallow. No substance, no depth (of thought or otherwise). They are utterly deluded.
Absolute morons have they been given computers in the local mental institution

• Haha
Reactions: 13
ginge constantly bitching that he only has so many millions to live off and majority of us are lucky if we even see one million in our lives.
Incredible that he thought that complaint would win sympathy from people who live in ordinary houses and earn ordinary wages!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I bet RF Comms briefed Wills & probably Hazz too to keep to small talk only. I'm sure even he would know better than to bait his brother at PP's funeral The RF must have 'narc' experts in by now so they should have a handle on how to manage Haz n Smeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree, it looked like Kate and Harry were talking when they were all in that huddle and Kate then went to walk to catch up with William but stopped and looked back at Harry as if to check where he was and then continued to catch up to William but slowly enough for Harry to also catch up to them. Also looked like William was talking whilst putting his mask in his inside pocket. Really don't see any conspiracy in this and it looks like a genuine moment. I believe Kate decided to walk with Sophie because she wanted to give the brothers space to talk alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
So HMTQ bday on Wednesday and hopefully for his grandmothers sake Harry stays to spend it with her,

It’s also prince Louis bday on Friday.

If Harry saw Prince Louis for his bday can you imagine how mad Meghan will get.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Aussie press saying what the British press should be saying

Interesting that the very wreath attributed to the Sussex crew is 2nd from the right in the image below, & unlike the other wreaths laid out I cannot see any hand written message attached.
Oh my, I wonder if it might have oh-so accidentally been detached from the wreath.
Such a shame that Megz hand written sermon is not there for the world to see.

Someone somewhere owes Megz an apology.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Didn't see Harry bow to the coffin :(
Princess Beatrice didn’t bow either.
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I think the bowing at the end was to the altar/cross, rather than to the coffin. So if anything more an indication of who has been at a service recently ;)

He did bow when Anne’s husband did but was not facing the altar at the time. Is this like genuflecting in Catholic Church? I’ve noticed non regular churchgoers always get confused about whether they should. I took it that the observant CofE did it naturally. William as future head of the church and his wife did too. Can’t remember if HM did.
Whoops! Vanelope has done so! Sorry all for repeating stuff.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.