Harry and Meghan #68 Charles and Kate please don’t fear, Tattle Life is always here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Discussion on Radio 2 about all this and its now playing Rag’n’Bone “All you ever wanted”. How VERY appropriate for those two ungrateful narcissists.

Reactions: 19
Fergie showed Meghan how to curtsy. That means Harry didn't show her anything. Honestly, I think he's more at fault than she is. It looks like he didn't explain her exactly how the royal life is and what she should learn, not do, etc. He asked her if she knew how to curtsy in the car, a few minutes before meeting the queen ! No wonder she was completely destabilized.

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
Well lets be honest the royals are quite old fashioned so whoever had the conversation about Archie's skin colour probably never thought it would come across racist. BUT IMO if two white people are discussing the colour of a mixed race child it is racist. If it was Meghan who is of mixed heritage herself discussing it with the royal it wouldnt be racist IMO.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Don't rile up the Brits, Megz. Twitter and Insta are not the public.

People will be bleeping furious. I'm dreading ringing my mum later.
How bloody dare they. Well, Harry has well and truly burned his bridges now. No way back.

Reactions: 23
Did anyone notice this little takedown of Kate??

When Oprah asked the Duchess of Sussex if she felt “welcomed by everyone” upon entering the royal family she also brought up Meghan’s sisterly relationship with Kate. “Did you feel welcomed by everyone? It seemed like you and Kate at the Wimbledon game where you were going to watch a friend play tennis — was it what it looked like?” Oprah asked.

She then further questioned that famous outing, adding: “You are two sisters-in-law out there in the world, getting to know each other. Was she helping you, embracing you into the family, helping you adjust?’

“I think everyone welcomed me,” Meghan responded plainly. As for further details on Kate, however, her response was vague, saying, “And yeah I know you say ‘was it what it looked like?’ my understanding and my experience for the past four years is that it’s nothing like what it looks like. It’s nothing like what it looks like.”

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
My sons father is mixed race while I’m white with blue eyes.. I can’t imagine the convo had regarding archies skin colour was any thing more than my sons dad and I had while I was expecting... which went something like ‘I wonder if he will have a darker complexion and eyes like you, or be lighter like me, or a combo...’

it’s a normal thing to wonder with any pregnancy, which features the child will take from each side... she’s just playing on that to throw the race card 🙄🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
fair points!

So MM compared herself to the little mermaid by losing her voice! no way, she is no ariel, she's URSULA!

i swear she reads online comments about her. many had memes of her and being ursula lmao

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Did anyone notice this little takedown of Kate??

When Oprah asked the Duchess of Sussex if she felt “welcomed by everyone” upon entering the royal family she also brought up Meghan’s sisterly relationship with Kate. “Did you feel welcomed by everyone? It seemed like you and Kate at the Wimbledon game where you were going to watch a friend play tennis — was it what it looked like?” Oprah asked.

She then further questioned that famous outing, adding: “You are two sisters-in-law out there in the world, getting to know each other. Was she helping you, embracing you into the family, helping you adjust?’

“I think everyone welcomed me,” Meghan responded plainly. As for further details on Kate, however, her response was vague, saying, “And yeah I know you say ‘was it what it looked like?’ my understanding and my experience for the past four years is that it’s nothing like what it looks like. It’s nothing like what it looks like.”
In the live interview, it comes across as deliberate shade of Kate. Very noticeable. Even if Meghan leaves ambiguity in her words.

Reactions: 28
Context is everything. M & H gave none, and left the zeitgeist fill the voids.

Reactions: 20
Well lets be honest the royals are quite old fashioned so whoever had the conversation about Archie's skin colour probably never thought it would come across racist. BUT IMO if two white people are discussing the colour of a mixed race child it is racist. If it was Meghan who is of mixed heritage herself discussing it with the royal it wouldnt be racist IMO.
That's rubbish. The skin colour of the participants in a discussion doesn't make it racist. The content does. Otherwise all you're saying is that depending on the colour of your skin alone you can't talk about certain things, which certainly strikes me as racist.

Reactions: 32
Harry back on CBS claiming there was no mental health help for Megz. Former editor of the Sun saying tabloids are making her look bad on purpose, says BRF is using tabloids to justify their existence in pre-report.

Clip 1: Harry says they left the country in large part because of racism. Someone at a dinner told him the UK is bigoted. Harry said you mean the press? They said no, the UK. So I guess Haz believed them.

ETA They're going to air these clips over the next 2.5 hours. You have no idea how many prescription pill ads these people can cram into one commercial break.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Tina Brown on CBS claiming the interview is kryptonite to the BRF and saying for everyone to bow down to the real queen Oprah. Comparing it to the Diana interview and saying the Meghan interview is the same. Asking what kind of misunderstanding Meghan had about joining the BRF. Doesn't know how the BRF answers the racism charges. Acknowledges some of this didn't make sense ie lack of mental health help and not being able to see her friends. New clips coming up later this morning.
A CBS journalist trying to endorse a CBS programme, nothing more.

Fergie showed Meghan how to curtsy. That means Harry didn't show her anything. Honestly, I think he's more at fault than she is. It looks like he didn't explain her exactly how the royal life is and what she should learn, etc. No wonder she was completely destabilized.
Hold on... i am sure I read many times over Meagain was offered coaching from
the Palace staff about how to behave and what she was meant to do, but she knew better than everyone else. The tights, nail varnish and hat spring to mind. The Palace staff wouldn’t make the same mistakes they made with Diana.

As to going to HR about feeling suicidal... she is trying to throw the Palace staff under a bus. She had a private doctors for her birth, was she incapable of finding private counselling?’

Reactions: 41
Oh blimey, I am speechless! I didn't watch the interview as I can't stand her simpering voice. The clip I did see was where she implied about baby's colour - do watch it back there is a flash of defiant triumph and a definite smirk of dupers delight. She utterly loved dropping that one!

My husband is half Indian, there were plenty of convos (in a good way) about what colour our baby would be.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I find it quite difficult to buy into the narrative that Kate is a jealous witch- happy to be pointed in the right direction if I’m wrong. From what I remember most people who went to school with her, knew her from the past have been complementary of her and there’s not been much scandal in the papers- the only thing I really remember is that she liked a crafty fag. I’m not even sure Meghan thinks she’s awful I just think the majority of the public see her as perfect and the comparisons must have been uncomfortable.

Reactions: 30
I remember reading somewhere that Megsa fell out with lovely Kate over the bridesmaids, as she wanted them to have bare legs, but Kate mentioned this was not normal royal protocol and they needed to wear white tights.
I read this too and also that The Hag was nasty to little Charlotte and this upset Kate.

The Hag's own family have said she shouldn't be allowed near children.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Long time lurker - what strikes me here is why they have done this to their own son? In years to come, Archie will be able to view this interview in which his mum tells the world, his family were racist to him! That is horrifying - why would you hurt your kid this way?
Welcome. Yes that's a great point. Starting him off in life feeling like his heritage has made people reject him before he was even born. Announcing it on TV and putting it out into the public domain where it will haunt him for all his days. What about his mental health? What about his right to privacy?

I really really need someone to put together a reasoned counter argument. I'm sure she's said enough crap that it can't be hard to find the stuff that proves she's making it up. Like the not being out for months, there must be photos that contradict that or copies of diaries showing their engagements. There will be records of the marriage so we can find out what day it actually happened on. Please please let someone be finding the evidence to systematically take this thing apart. . .

Reactions: 18
So, I don't believe the palace is perfect or woke. A colonial institution was never going to curry favour: even the Queen is being smacked on social media despite glowing reviews, potentially for the money and titles she can bestow or take away.

Meghan said "no little old me, it's not about the grandeur" - evidence of how she likes grandeur on post below. Along with her house, Armani gown, Cartier bracelet, and that evidence of teenage Meghan going along streets of LA and reading out"Gucci, Chanel" and making fun of people dressed badly. It's hilarious she was going on about ranked not linked and now is literally on international coverage being petty about a title and making it out that he is a baby of colour and that's why. I mean....the Letters Patent make it clear That whilst grandchildren of the monarch can be, only those of eldestchild of Prince of Wales can be automatically. Piss off with your deliberate insinuations, Harry made it clear the skin conversationhappened start of relationship, not when she was pregnant, and not in a conversation about titles BUT Meghan herself admits she can't (or won't) compartmentalise them.

she truly sounds paranoid about security and race and I will bow out of that one because I know some black friends say every time they hear about Meghan it retraumatises one of their life experiences they've had, which I can sympathise with, that said, at some point we have to stop hyper vigilance for insults and threats because it's very anxiety inducing and divisive - as some words become wiped out, new ones will be considered threatening and so forth - as we have seen on this exact thread, people cannot dissect actions and behaviours without it being "racist". That shuts down the conversation by using characteristics about ourselves we cannot change and therefore cannot ever resolve. If we say "as a white/black/male/female you will never understand" etc etc then you are fatalistically determining that different groups will never harmonise. We are humans and can understand love, pain, hurt feelings, anger, revenge - all manner of emotions andlife themes that are represented in ancient tales, religions and folklores of all cultures from Pacific Islanders to Ethiopia to Mongolia and Ancient Greece. Starting point needs to be "we are all human", or like, what is the future let's be honest.

I don't know about the Kate story, she is very fixated on this. She is very fixated on all news stories for someone who doesn't fixate on the press, I believe that for her it was horrible and for her she was suicidal and felt she couldn't talk to anyone - but having been there myself part of being mentally unwell is negative thoughts, catastrophising, getting paranoid - and Meghan had not just an ally but an enforcer in Harry, saying yes they are not handling this, yes we are not safe, yes we are not being protected.

her version of being silenced seems aggressive but they have been given the same advice the queen was given throughout her reign - not to comment, not to comment - that's even in the Crown! That actually is trying to protect her - look at the reaction that gets set up by arguing back. The press feed off emotion and resentment.

the Disney references...this was not a woman prepared for reality and her expectations vs reality closed together like a seal pup meeting a shark.

i don't believe she had not researched the family, we all stalk our new loves because we are desperate for info and pictures of them - especially in a long distance relationship! Plus again, evidence attached, Meghan researches her prey.

whilst I think of course things could have been handled better both sides (H and M cannot see that - and that lack of insight is and shall be their Achilles heel),I genuinely believe with all my heart Meghan has a personality disorder and has openly lied on an international stage. This has been two years in the making and make no mistake it's a PR exercise.

i think the Palace and press and regrouping and some of the inconsistencies of her statements need to be pointed out, because allowing a festering narrative ESPECIALLY that of the child of colour/title one (Harry is loved and Archie is his son, and the RF were actually keen to embrace what Meghan represented especially for the commonwealth), isn't fair either, this is a huge national debate and the coverage must be balanced or it's division over complete make believe, you can see the degree of paranoia everyone must have been dealing with - without judgement people who are mentally ill are genuinely negative and suspicious and paranoid.

the thing that really hit hard though was their absolute glee over cheating the public about their marriage...what a waste of money? Eugenie showed it's possible to have an intimate wedding! And the nation was so excited, and stumped up a fortune! That's really mean. And greedy. And wasteful. I do think she's spiteful. You can see that with the Kate thing too.

anyway, the truth usually comes out and I think it will have been weird for Harry hearing some of it out of Meghan, when it isn't true.

plus a reminder of the key traits of a narcissistic personality.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Finally caught up with the thread. The interview was worse than I expected. :mad:
Harry still seems trapped to me. He doesn't know it.
The royal family need to do an interview. There are two sides to a story. Please not Chris Ship.
I wonder if Charles is not Harry's father? Is that where the anger is coming from?
Why is Meghan doing an interview while pregnant ? Surely this would cause an enormous amount of stress?

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.