Harry and Meghan #68 Charles and Kate please don’t fear, Tattle Life is always here!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @YeltsinsTank for diving back in for a second helping of HarkleGate on the morning show. You are made of stronger stuff than a mere floppy French loaf.....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I find it offensive that some black (people of colour)? commentators on tv suggest that because I am white I cannot relate to racism. What utter bollocks. There is something called 'empathy', an ability to sympathise with another person in different shoes -primarily from reading or hearing first-hand accounts from reliable sources (ie: Not Meghan). Put it this way, Agatha Christie (for example) wrote many acclaimed novels about murder, she was able to portray murderers very well ... yet she didn't f*cking murder anyone did she? She wasn't a murderer herself.

That awful shouty rude Shola woman on TV is cut from the same cloth as the professionally offended nutjobs who accuse white people who cook Chinese Food of 'Cultural Appropriation'. Best ignore psychopaths like that, whose only interest is shilling their crappy book.

• Heart
Reactions: 118
Oooh BBC 1 News - presenter is saying her (Indian) family had conversations with her and her white husband about what the colour of her children might be. She doesn't think those conversations are always racist, in fact, she thinks its perfectly normal.

This is after the author of 'Brown Baby' offered his sympathies and support to Meghan for her awful experience (even though the conversation was with Harry, not her) about the potential colour ways that might work their way through with their first born.

Surely all parents talk about what their children might look like, with skin colour being one element ?

Both my parents have dark hair, dark eyes and are not super pale although they are white. When me and my twin brother popped out all blue eyes, blonde hair and skin the colour of skimmed milk, there were eyebrows raised, especially as we stayed that way.....nobody expected or predicted that !

Apologies in advance if I trigger anyone about minimising race related issues.

Reactions: 70
Blimey it's taken me since 7am to catch up with this thread, there's not much work getting done today! All I can say is "they've moved Unforgotten for this shitshow???"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
There is no way in the burning fires of hell she didn’t read or see any reports about her, didn’t look at pictures of them or see headlines,
didn’t google Harry or his family. 😐
Stories from friends aside, this isn’t the prince of Arendelle or Genovia ffs, you’re not Anne Hathaway, the U.K. is not an unknown land far far away 😂

so when you’re clearly telling a lie on one hand, why believe the rest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
I find it offensive that some black (people of colour)? commentators on tv suggest that because I am white I cannot relate to racism. What utter bollocks. There is something called 'empathy', an ability to sympathise with another person in different shoes -primarily from reading or hearing first-hand accounts from reliable sources (ie: Not Meghan). Put it this way, Agatha Christie (for example) wrote many acclaimed novels about murder, she was able to portray murderers very well ... yet she didn't f*cking murder anyone did she? She wasn't a murderer herself.

That awful shouty rude Shola woman on TV is cut from the same cloth as the professionally offended nutjobs who accuse white people who cook Chinese Food of 'Cultural Appropriation'. Best ignore psychopaths like that, whose only interest is shilling their crappy book.
Yes this!!! Megan has divided people by playing the race card as she knew it’d do this now people who are triggered by this are thinking of all the times people have been racist to them and relating it to this interview therefore anyone who isn’t black cannot even comment on whether she did the right thing or is even lying. Hence why what I said above someone I know who is black has literally fallen out with me!! It’s madness!

• Sad
Reactions: 33
They wanted to leave this awful institution yet they wanted to hold on to the titles and duties. So many contradictions...

Reactions: 64
I don't know if I'm qualified to speak on this subject because I haven't experienced racism.

However, surely there is a difference in speculating the colour of a child's skin and "being concerned how dark they would be"?
She said they were worried he would be too dark. Or were they just saying I wonder who he will take after? Bit like saying I wonder if her will have ginger hair?

Reactions: 44
OK having thought about WTF the Palace do with this pile of brown steaming stuff....

I think their best response is to ever so gently and tenderly agree that both of them are fragile and understandably struggling with their mental health. (Crazy as a box of frogs is the tone here).

Some sentences about how seriously the Royal Family views mental illness, hopes that anyone suffering from being (mad as a hatter) is able to seek the help they need.

An admission that (they have had bats flying out the belfry for years) there were signs that both of them were overwhelmed.

A statement that the RF obviously will respect their privacy and not discuss any specific details of their past medical history (they've been barking mad for years and we have the receipts).

It is hoped that in the future when they have found the peace they are searching for, they will look back at this interview with regrets. (They are not only barking mad, they are lying liars). For that reason, BP decline to comment further. (But our lawyers are watching you) Time is a great healer. (Our lawyers are watching you and are on an indefinite retainer.)

They wish them to be at peace and only hope that they find the happiness they are searching for. (Bye Harkles and don't close the door behind you)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
So if they truly want nothing to do with the RF as they are so horrible they are going to stop using all their titles now, and be rachel and harry because otherwise they are saying they are happy to keep using the titles to grab cash.

Reactions: 29
I feckin' wish Haz was Hewitt's son now. head. Smegma would be gone from in STAT like a bat out of hell

Reactions: 34
I'll post the reply here because the other thread got locked
Said it in a recent post but I wouldn't be surprised if some stuff slipped out by the senior royals, especially Phillip. I reckon the younger royals are much better at this though there is the possibility that they have grown up around racism which is normalised, so they themselves may also have opinions which are 'subtle' but racist. But I could of course be totally wrong.
I just think it's odd to talk about racism and take an example which can easily be interpreted as being something done out of curiosity. If this was a pattern of behaviour from the people around them, why not mention all of it? The constant subtle comments, or the very obvious remarks, and the fact that the questions on what the child would look like would then have made her feel uncomfortable? As someone else said, context is key.
But they said one person ever made one comment. Even 1 comment doesn't make it right at all but they are alluding the whole firm is racist and that's why their son didn't get a title.

(If I worked for NHS and 1 doctor was racist, I wouldn't say the whole NHS is racist).

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Just remembered something I meant to post earlier.
If she didnt know who he was at all before meeting him, she expects us to believe that she fell for him based on his looks and personality. Nah love no one would believe that.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
I'm going to be watching CBS this morning to see what else oozes out from Oprah's studio while I catch up on 30 pages from last night. Just want to add this here:

i don't even think the Obamas want to be associated with them after this liefest. they hurt the Queen and her family. They tried to hurt the crown.
this is so carbon copy of what Diana went through. its sad that people don't bother finding out the truth first, but instead just believe a deranged person automatically.

Reactions: 21
I've just seen Chris Ship say that the colour of Archie remark was not made by PP or The Queen. It was either Prince Charles, Prince William or their wives :rolleyes:

Reactions: 21
I only hope they've got Prince Philip sedated so he couldn't watch it or hear about it 🤐

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.