Harry and Meghan #359 Waaargh - what is it good for? Absolutely nothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think it's her best bet for the future now that she is internationally famous. She's too old and not talented enough to go back into acting. She would love to have new version of the Tig/Sussex Royal as the merching will be highly profitable for her. She can position it to be ethical (like the mushroom :m coffee brand 🤑) and she can freely publish her opinions that are more important than everyone else's 😉

Gawd only knows what Harold will be doing apart from getting out his PlayStation. I can't see him being a big success at speaking events as he doesn't have any humility or a sense of humour (which would help). Perhaps he'll end up working in her warehouse packing stuff 😄
Yep, makes the most sense for her. And it would be easier to ignore + more content for us to talk about. After all, if she wishes to control every bit of information that we consume about her, then we should be able to do that as well!

And as someone had mentioned in the last thread, being a social media influencer is the perfect trade for her.

The poor unpaid interns whom she'll harass for content though 🤦

As for him, he'll be the 'entertainment' like Georgette Heyer used to describe in her books - the 'poor' or 'quaint' relative or random person that a person of means picked up 'out of kindness' and then paraded around in parties etc. Like his first couple of gigs in Silicon Valley. Or maybe he's done there? Or maybe there's renewed interest due to the Whingetome? Nothing would shock those people, I think, but such revelations might be a good topic for gossip - we know that best 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The annoying thing is she will probably still have some success with The Tig, some Sugar companies will still pay her 1000s to post in their clothes, shoes, with bags, blankets etc. Perhaps not make her millions but 1000s more than us good honest tattlers could ever dream of.
Hope she doesn't model the clothes or they'll be markled 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I wonder how much money they actually made from the spotify deal now they've crashed and burned

I'll sit and have a think about that whilst enjoying the white privilege of cheap, noisy aircon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
So they are not getting the Spotify $$$ due to lack of content. We can assume from this that Netflix etc also haven’t shelled out the big bucks yet. We had already speculated as much. Despite all the gleeful fanfare about how much money they were making it was actually just ‘jam tomorrow’. But without all the millions from these mega deals, I’m guessing the Narkle funds are running dry. What income do they actually have? They might get a bit from BuggerUp…the advance for Waaagh, although I can’t imagine any further profits from that because it doesn’t seem to have been as successful as they would have us believe. What else? They are running through money like water.

Reactions: 37
This WME lot have just had to deal with damage limitation haven't they? Aren't they supposed to be getting her some work?
I saw a video where they were saying she could be the face of Loreal hair, 😂
Getting a bit long in the tooth for that kind of gig isn't she?
Good luck with that one 😂😂

images.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I wonder how much money they actually made from the spotify deal now they've crashed and burned

I'll sit and have a think about that whilst enjoying the white privilege of cheap, noisy aircon.

I believe I read somewhere it was only about $12-13K that she actually got from Spot, and it took more than a year to get anything from her! Yep! She f**ked Markled herself out of millions more!! Stoopid witch!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
So they are not getting the Spotify $$$ due to lack of content. We can assume from this that Netflix etc also haven’t shelled out the big bucks yet. We had already speculated as much. Despite all the gleeful fanfare about how much money they were making it was actually just ‘jam tomorrow’. But without all the millions from these mega deals, I’m guessing the Narkle funds are running dry. What income do they actually have? They might get a bit from BuggerUp…the advance for Waaagh, although I can’t imagine any further profits from that because it doesn’t seem to have been as successful as they would have us believe. What else? They are running through money like water.
Totally agree. They are scrapping around for new deals having markled themselves with Spotify and Netflix and on top of that the legal bills they are racking up must be huge. I can’t see Hazbeen winning millions and millions in his cases against the newspapers. It’s delicious watching their house of cards tumble down 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The other thing about the stuff she did for Spotify was - admittedly I didn't listen to any of it - she as usual, seemed to think she was making some great revelation about an issue, when in fact, she was literally years behind everyone else in 'discovering' it. I can't think of an example offhand but I know they were covered here at the time.

She just wanted headlines saying Meghan, Duchess of Sussex said ... 🤦‍♀️🤣

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
With Spotify dropping them I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix soon do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Totally agree. They are scrapping around for new deals having markled themselves with Spotify and Netflix and on top of that the legal bills they are racking up must be huge. I can’t see Hazbeen winning millions and millions in his cases against the newspapers. It’s delicious watching their house of cards tumble down 😊
As well as the legal cases they must be paying the PR company a lot, also upkeep/taxes/staff at Toilet Towers (although maybe not - I’m not convinced they ever lived there), ILBW’s wardrobe expenses, Arsewell staff wages…
Perhaps that’s why Narkle hasn’t been seen recently - she can’t afford to buy new, eye wateringly expensive designer gear and would consider it humiliating to be seen in things she’s already worn, or cheaper clothes. None Of the designers are answering her calls for freebies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Nice to see that they didn't just cancel Meghan's series but the whole deal so we won't have these audio monstrosities inflicted on us again. Archetypes was tanking on the Spotify charts from around the second or third episode onward if I remember correctly, but the listening numbers for the final episodes, when even the tabloid media stopped reporting on what was said, must've been particularly dire for Spotify to terminate the contract entirely.

Politically I'm to the left but I don't appreciate the spin in the Guardian article when it claims "That show, the duchess’s Archetypes, has topped podcast charts for the outlet in a number of markets, with listeners flocking to her discussions with influential women." Don't take your readers for fools and think they'll believe that Spotify would give up exclusive Harkle audio content rights if listeners were really flocking to it. And the only time I recall it coming close to topping the charts was the first episode, purely out of people's curiosity as to how vapid and vacuous it would be.

Reactions: 47
Yep, makes the most sense for her. And it would be easier to ignore + more content for us to talk about. After all, if she wishes to control every bit of information that we consume about her, then we should be able to do that as well!

And as someone had mentioned in the last thread, being a social media influencer is the perfect trade for her.

The poor unpaid interns whom she'll harass for content though 🤦

As for him, he'll be the 'entertainment' like Georgette Heyer used to describe in her books - the 'poor' or 'quaint' relative or random person that a person of means picked up 'out of kindness' and then paraded around in parties etc. Like his first couple of gigs in Silicon Valley. Or maybe he's done there? Or maybe there's renewed interest due to the Whingetome? Nothing would shock those people, I think, but such revelations might be a good topic for gossip - we know that best 😉

The thing is, the Tig was ages ago.

And even then, it was other people writing the content for her. Just like Archetypes was other people producing AND interviewing for her.

This time around she would need to come clean about who is writing what.

Personally, I think even if the Tig was to be resurrected it wouldn't be much of a success. This woman just isn't talented enough to make it in Hollywood. She isn't on the level.

The other thing about the stuff she did for Spotify was - admittedly I didn't listen to any of it - she as usual, seemed to think she was making some great revelation about an issue, when in fact, she was literally years behind everyone else in 'discovering' it. I can't think of an example offhand but I know they were covered here at the time.

She just wanted headlines saying Meghan, Duchess of Sussex said ... 🤦‍♀️🤣

She tried to imply that "Diva" was an awful word... Mariah Carey said she embraced the word diva and actually saw it as a positive.

Serena and "Ambition" - What is wrong with that? Women already fought the ambitious witch stereotype decades ago. Ask Oprah.

Paris Hilton and "Bimbo" - I mean, what year is this? Where was she when feminists were fighting these labels? This isn't groundbreaking at all!

Reactions: 40
This WME lot have just had to deal with damage limitation haven't they? Aren't they supposed to be getting her some work?
I saw a video where they were saying she could be the face of Loreal hair, 😂
Getting a bit long in the tooth for that kind of gig isn't she?
It’s not her hair though which might be problematic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
For seem reason I thought Netflix had already dropped them, I must have dreamt it or it's just wishful thinking.
It was said that Netflix had dropped them, then subsequently it was said that they hadn't. 😁 I am not sure what the story is now, but no, you didn't dream it. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What I can't understand, well I kind of do, was that three months ago she was getting an award for this plodcast and now these short few weeks later she's been dropped. Hmm.
Did you have to pay to listen to it?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.