Harry and Meghan #359 Waaargh - what is it good for? Absolutely nothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing that does come out of this is that is confirms that all the awards won or nominated for this podcast were bought.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
When the podcast was released it was being touted as a number one podcast, a blockbuster in terms of podcasting. There were doubts and skepticism that it was Spotify manipulating the metrics to make it a number 1. That was their prerogative and it would be understandable to do that since theyโ€™d invested so much and were determined to give it a sheen of success. My thinking at the time was if it was so successful then Spotify would obviously be ordering another season of more podcasts but, suspiciously, they never did. I think despite the likely shenanigans going on they knew what was eventually delivered was an expensively produced pile of manure and are more than happy to cut it. The โ€œmutual decisionโ€ blurb is standard since Spotify wants to attract actual talent and donโ€™t want the optics of firing so publicly and having such talent reconsidering associating with Spotify should it not work out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I find it funny that WME is having to spin the Spotify rejection after the fact. They had to have known it was leaking a couple of weeks ago and should have gotten ahead of it (of course, we were in the middle of dealing with โ€œthe car chase that wasnโ€™tโ€ and her purchased Gracie Award.

Does not bode well that they appear to have been blindsided by this news.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I cant believe someone is brave enough to deny the Meggle Pair something.....and to the tune of $20 mill....
oh dear what a shame.....:D:ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Meanwhile have snuck in to @Bobble22 shop again for lots of delicious sweets.... ๐Ÿ˜‹
View attachment 2244005
View attachment 2244025
PS hope the rodent invasion cheers you up ๐Ÿ˜
Hey is there room in that cup of candy for a little purple butterfly?๐Ÿฆ‹ I need a littl ugar rush to get me going this morning!
Thanks for the Wonderful new thread @lollipop_panda and fabulous title @LadyMuck! (I never even mind losing to one of yours! Lol.)

So, why did WME sign the bleep and Chilly Todger? They can't get them work. There's nothing worth PR happening. The most they can muster is a low payout bike scam (or did the bike shop do the grifting?)

Anyway Happy Friday. I'm bored and hope the Ho does something stupid today. I've got popcorn. (Now if I can just get into that bowl of candy....)
Good Morning @Nuttynana Happy Friday. How do you feel about those idiots who claim Pw is trimming the Rose Bush? (I ask because abuse it's very quiet here, and an invigorating curse filled tirade would wake me up. :)
:mHave a mushie

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
This WME lot have just had to deal with damage limitation haven't they? Aren't they supposed to be getting her some work?
I saw a video where they were saying she could be the face of Loreal hair, ๐Ÿ˜‚
Getting a bit long in the tooth for that kind of gig isn't she?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Thank you for the lovely new thread and title! โ™ฅ

And thank you @Scotch Mist for the wishes ๐Ÿ’• and also for the information that @Bobble22 has such an amazing shop! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Thank God I bought a stash of pastries yesterday, else I would have probably joined you in the raid ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

From the last thread, couldn't reply since I had a meeting:

Praying for Pup
Thank you โ™ฅ๐Ÿค—

ChaoticArtist I am glad Felix is home with you. Hopefully the poison will be out of his system soon and he will be back to his usual wild cat self.

Felix must be enjoying the aircon dark room.
Thank you โ™ฅ๐Ÿค—

Yes, he had a short nap and looks to be feeling better. Finickier than usual with the food. I'll have a hell of a time figuring out what he'll eat, but at least he's started eating now ๐Ÿคž played with me a little, tried to grab my sock (I knew he was really sick when he left my slippers unmolested). Speaking of molestation, he's back to self-servicing (I'd still not compare him to Sparry), so that's a good sign ๐Ÿ˜‚

Today has been a rollercoaster, so glad to have you all for support โ™ฅ๐Ÿค—

The little one is resting and occasionally perking up now so I can finally start turning my attention to the news about the ArcheStereoTypes. Did we really expect anything better? The delays, the alleged upsetting of staff, the shoddy work, the lackluster output, the fake numbers and bought awards, and the ultimate markling of the platform, non-renewal of the series, and the statement "Oh we are the ones who are going to work elsewhere" with a hint of further whingeing and blame-shifting to come.

It's all on-brand for her.

She could have done so much and sparked conversations perhaps leading to some real outcomes. But nope.

So on-brand.
---
This WME lot have just had to deal with damage limitation haven't they? Aren't they supposed to be getting her some work?
I saw a video where they were saying she could be the face of Loreal hair, ๐Ÿ˜‚
Getting a bit long in the tooth for that kind of gig isn't she?
Whose hair? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The annoying thing is she will probably still have some success with The Tig, some Sugar companies will still pay her 1000s to post in their clothes, shoes, with bags, blankets etc. Perhaps not make her millions but 1000s more than us good honest tattlers could ever dream of.
I really think it's her best bet for the future now that she is internationally famous. She's too old and not talented enough to go back into acting. She would love to have new version of the Tig/Sussex Royal as the merching will be highly profitable for her. She can position it to be ethical (like the mushroom :m coffee brand ๐Ÿค‘) and she can freely publish her opinions that are more important than everyone else's ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gawd only knows what Harold will be doing apart from getting out his PlayStation. I can't see him being a big success at speaking events as he doesn't have any humility or a sense of humour (which would help). Perhaps he'll end up working in her warehouse packing stuff ๐Ÿ˜„

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The thing about the podcast being axed is that even if they get it another home, they definitely aren't getting 20 million for it. Spotify has already let every company know that they have no work ethic and do not meet deadlines or product targets. So they already have no bargaining power.

Remember, Spotify had to bring in additional production teams just to get this one podcast series going and then spent millions promoting it.

Imagine being so spoiled and lazy that you just throw 20 million away like that?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Today Duchess of Edinburgh was invested as a grand dame of order of St John by DoG - maybe she will replace him at some stage. This is what dedication looks like. Not to mention that Sophie was a successful entrepreneur and Meg could have learned a lot from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.