Harry and Meghan #331 Coronation Chicken and Ginger Whine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if itโ€™s already been discussed, too many pages/threads to know for sure.

Iโ€™m new to Lady Colin Cโ€™s videos, have watched a couple now. She seems to be able to insinuate quite a few things that the press are too scared to say at the moment, such as discussing the surrogacy rumours, or the French investigation into Archewell. Iโ€™m inclined to believe her (though I bet she also loves being the one with gossip to tell us), but how credible do we find her? What she says echoes here at lot and she mentions knowing people in-the-know in the Royal circle. Iโ€™m sure what she says is mostly based in truth, but I guess what Iโ€™m saying is how has she not been attacked by the sugars and press in the same way as others have? She seems a bit more able to speak her mind compared to other commenters.
She once was a professional fundraiser, which means she got to know the complete uppercrust through this. Also she seems to have mingled in fancy cicles all her life. She had tea with the Windsors on more than one occasion IIRC. She had the briefest of marriages to the younger brother of a duke. Her family seems to have been very well off, so she had access to society from theget go. Also in her book about TW she mentioned something that she was told by a royal prince, or was it a royal cousin? Can't recall right now, am tired, but shows she still mixes with the lords and ladys.

Regarding her not being attacked as much, I guess she just isn't as spooked by it as the others are, because she will be used to it, given her not so flattering Diana book 30 years ago. Tom Bower doesn't mention the squad either. And her youth would be a good shield against the wokerati, too. I don't think they would be so stupid to openly attack a person as divers as LCC is. Furthermore she does say the neccessary number of 'alledged' and knows how to word things in a way that makes it hard to sue her.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I went on Amazon, bought a lovely little 4โ€ covered trinket box, Itโ€™s got the details, picture of King Charles. I remember my mother telling me that she was Glued to the TV to watch the coronation of HMtLQEII. It will be here Friday. I want a few other things, probably a mug. I love the one with the purple pillow, and crown. I will probably get the purple tote bag. Hubby actually said โ€œYou remember youโ€™re American right?โ€ โ€œYes, but this is Cheshire Historyโ€ I shot back. Lol, (Grandma acted like she was still a loyal subject, just here in the colonies for a visit. )
I saw a purple teabag tin. I think I need that too.

#Hair-shyHaznoHaznoHair
My SIL is obsessed with the colour purple, I mean really obsessed and not in the little "knick knack" collection sense either....most of her clothing, accessories, kid's buggy etc., even down to the lounge room doors! Drove her to the airport one time and it was like a purple exodus, her clothing, kid's clothing, buggy, suitcase!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Ha, I can order beer, coffee (for the hangover caused by the beer) and say thank you. I think that makes me fluent in German as well ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคญ
I can say โ€œSweetSummerChild ist die zweite Frau von Mr SummerChild.โ€™

Honestly, itโ€™s like being in Germany in here!

I can also order a beer and ask where the loo is in Spanish. I canโ€™t understand the answer, but Iโ€™m halfway there! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
My SIL is obsessed with the colour purple, I mean really obsessed and not in the little "knick knack" collection sense either....most of her clothing, accessories, kid's buggy etc., even down to the lounge room doors! Drove her to the airport one time and it was like a purple exodus, her clothing, kid's clothing, buggy, suitcase!
Too bad she couldn't marry a Roman cardinal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Sparry is in rehab? High time.

Some of my supplies came today and I have just 3 days left till the exhibition, so working almost continuously. I wanted to have some nice movies on in the background. Normally one of the channels is a pretty good bet (all romantic movies), but it airs Suits and keeps showing its teaser. I'd rather switch off the TV. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ We all know exactly why they air it ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฎ

Reactions: 20
She once was a professional fundraiser, which means she got to know the complete uppercrust through this. Also she seems to have mingled in fancy cicles all her life. She had tea with the Windsors on more than one occasion IIRC. She had the briefest of marriages to the younger brother of a duke. Her family seems to have been very well off, so she had access to society from theget go. Also in her book about TW she mentioned something that she was told by a royal prince, or was it a royal cousin? Can't recall right now, am tired, but shows she still mixes with the lords and ladys.

Regarding her not being attacked as much, I guess she just isn't as spooked by it as the others are, because she will be used to it, given her not so flattering Diana book 30 years ago. Tom Bower doesn't mention the squad either. And her youth would be a good shield against the wokerati, too. I don't think they would be so stupid to openly attack a person as divers as LCC is. Furthermore she does say the neccessary number of 'alledged' and knows how to word things in a way that makes it hard to sue her.
Thanks for taking the time to explain, so, she does mix in the right circles to be in the know, then. Iโ€™ll watch some of her videos from now on, but on 1.5x speed I think, she speaks a little too slowly for me, Iโ€™m impatient ๐Ÿ˜… She serves the tea :coffee: though, so Iโ€™ll forgive her.

Reactions: 22
I can say โ€œSweetSummerChild ist die zweite Frau von Mr SummerChild.โ€™

Honestly, itโ€™s like being in Germany in here!
Na dann! Wenn das hier so ist, warum breche ich mir dann einen auf Englisch ab? Ab sofort ist die neue offizielle Sprache des Chats Deutsch. Das vereinfacht die Sache fรผr mich ungemein! ๐Ÿ‘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Na dann! Wenn das hier so ist, warum breche ich mir dann einen auf Englisch ab? Ab sofort ist die neue offizielle Sprache des Chats Deutsch. Das vereinfacht die Sache fรผr mich ungemein! ๐Ÿ‘
Danke aber nein ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
Thank you but no

I can ask : do you speak English? in French, German and Portuguese (also do you speak Spanish)

On topic: The Harkles are getting on my nerves, can't they just shut up and go away?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thanks for taking the time to explain, so, she does mix in the right circles to be in the know, then. Iโ€™ll watch some of her videos from now on, but on 1.5x speed I think, she speaks a little too slowly for me, Iโ€™m impatient ๐Ÿ˜… S he serves the tea :coffee: though, so Iโ€™ll forgive her.
1.25 was doing it for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think LCCs main problem are her age and not being a reporter. Her access to the courtier seems to be very limited due to not being a journalist and her society connections are more or less her age. Hence, she will have limited information. Although she was the first to write about them never sticking to a cause, the wifes money making scheming from day one etc. Her book is well worth a read. But having no access to those in The Walses age means not much info about what is going on right now in my opinion. TB seems to have the same problem. I suspect this is the reason why both more or less know what we know. Both their books read like they were just the proof to everything we already had uncovered.

Don't get me wrong, it is great we now have them, can hand them out and know these things are facts and not just us gossipping and speculating, but they were a bit tedious to read, at least to me, because there were no spectacular new to me revelations.

Reactions: 21
Not sure, she did hint at QE2 cause of death before it was publicly released however
I am on a fence, she does not say anything new but at least still makes sense and does not lose the plot.

As for QE2 issue, this is when she irritated me. Everyone since the โ€œnote circulating in Parliamentโ€ (even us not UK based) and all the shenenigans (sudden changes, BBC broadcast) knew that media were waiting for the announcement. While everyone incl well everyone was tactful,she released it and then deleted it. So this one does not count for me as something accountable.
(end or rant, watching the Champions, sorry)

Reactions: 17
Thanks for taking the time to explain, so, she does mix in the right circles to be in the know, then. Iโ€™ll watch some of her videos from now on, but on 1.5x speed I think, she speaks a little too slowly for me, Iโ€™m impatient ๐Ÿ˜… She serves the tea :coffee: though, so Iโ€™ll forgive her.
@mardymare does trojan work on her videos and saves the rest of us from having to watch them.

I think she (mardymare) deserves to be invited to the coronation for the work she does in transcribing them and posting them here. ๐Ÿ˜

• Heart
"One of the Queen's two surviving bridesmaids is NOT invited to King Charles' coronation: Lady Pamela Hicks, 94 - who saw George VI and Elizabeth II crowned - gets apology from Palace for not being among 2,000 guests at slimmed-down ceremony"

Bad decision Charles, a really bad decision (n)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
"Grant Harrold, who worked as former butler to the now-King Charles III, has claimed that the new Queen will be "terrified" as she steps out alongside the King on May 6. He added that the 75-year-old "didn't ask for it" as she prepares to rule alongside the King. He described her as 'very kind'".

From Robert Jobson's new book:
"Prince William has been branded โ€œshort temperedโ€ and โ€œdifficultโ€ by a senior royal staffer."
"The insider also said that while King Charles III is more relaxed compared to his heir, this can make William even more stressed.
According to Page Six, the source told Jobson: โ€œThat can make William short-tempered when dealing with Charles."
"The Boss (Charles) has a temper, too, but it does not go on and on. He can get frustrated and flare up and then, in an instant, it is forgotten about. With William, it is rarely forgotten.โ€

I thought it was the other way round, that with William it blew over but Chuck festered.
Oh well.....
I should imagine that William is under huge stress from all sides these days. Chuck being relaxed about the danger the Stoat poses would drive me up the wall as well. I bet there were objections all round regarding the Stoat being a COS on the updated list. Robert Jobson seems close to Chuck PR-wise.

@Chita everyone's expressed so well what we all feel so I can't add anything else.
It happens to anyone who attacks the Harkles or calls them out and you're not alone.
But congratulations to you on your talent that skewered the Ho and made her and her Squad squirm with your merciless portrayal of:
The grasping claw
The clacking teeth
The underbite
The slapped on bronzer
Worse, her henpecked emasculated orange ferret.
Even worse, the cartons

All pinpointed with 100% accuracy and that's why they attacked, but people will be reading the supportive sensible messages too and will know it was all above board. All these one-dimensional sad bints have is Racism, and it's wearing thin.
Very sorry you've suffered for it but as you can see we're all so proud of you. Sending. .... ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— xx
๐Ÿฅฐ ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Sorry if itโ€™s already been discussed, too many pages/threads to know for sure.

Iโ€™m new to Lady Colin Cโ€™s videos, have watched a couple now. She seems to be able to insinuate quite a few things that the press are too scared to say at the moment, such as discussing the surrogacy rumours, or the French investigation into Archewell. Iโ€™m inclined to believe her (though I bet she also loves being the one with gossip to tell us), but how credible do we find her? What she says echoes here at lot and she mentions knowing people in-the-know in the Royal circle. Iโ€™m sure what she says is mostly based in truth, but I guess what Iโ€™m saying is how has she not been attacked by the sugars and press in the same way as others have? She seems a bit more able to speak her mind compared to other commenters.

I don't think Lady C would give two hoots if anyone tried to "attack" her videos. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I enjoy hearing (reading) what she has to say, and I can't wait to find out what she's promised us will happen soon - when and what is anyone's guess.

Reactions: 24
Yes, they're also right on the point that our late Queen understood this very well. Listen to the people, but it all seems to be unravelling as the writer says.

What's worse about this is that the COS list has just been updated. If it had been left as is there might be hope the Stoat would be dumped post-Coronation. As I said before, I think this was one of his demands, and I don't believe for a minute that the Stoat slunk off defeated and empty-handed having been grey-rocked by the stalwart Chuck.
I've read far too many times that they never actually met or spoke face-to-face for it to be true. The litmus test will be the event itself.
Has it been really updated now? What has been actually updated? Because, based on a quick search here and our discussions here a few months ago, the change (if this is what has changed) was in plan for a while:

Reactions: 16
Sparry is in rehab? High time.

Some of my supplies came today and I have just 3 days left till the exhibition, so working almost continuously. I wanted to have some nice movies on in the background. Normally one of the channels is a pretty good bet (all romantic movies), but it airs Suits and keeps showing its teaser. I'd rather switch off the TV. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ We all know exactly why they air it ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฎ
I would love to see more of your work please C, if you're happy to share. ๐Ÿ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.