Harry and Meghan #303 Kiss Meg's shoes or I'll release book two!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How big was Suits in the US? (I've never watched it) what other show would it be on a par with?
It was on basic cable, not one of the big networks. She was like 6th or 7th on the call sheet and barely in most episodes. We watched the first couple of years, but it quickly descended into unrealistic soap opera and a lot of really boring business machinations. If my husband hadn’t started watching, it’s not one I would have ever turned on. It was on par with Royal Pains or Leverage. Mid-tier cable. Probably 3-4 million viewers the first few years

Reactions: 31
I've been meaning to post my thoughts about the book sales figures.

On the day of the book release (by around 7pm), the figure of 400,000 books sold (UK only, I think) was being floated around on the news.

There's absolutely NO WAY this is the number of book sales in the shops (especially given the size of the 'queues' at opening time). They couldn't have possibly contacted every shop in the country and got (and then collated) their end of day sales figures by 7pm.

I reckon it's the total number of books (initial stock) taken by all bookshops and suppliers (including Amazon), plus the free audiobook downloads.

Oh, and the argument that nearly all book sales would have been online preorders ... bookshops wouldn't be able to justify large, expensive prime location premises if book sales these days were mainly online.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Exactly. Going off on holiday to spend precious time with your kids and ends up shagging the hosts son (less than a month after her last public relationship)

I don't think she was in love with any of these men. I think she wanted to be loved and she craved that attention.
It was a sad situation, that those boys were never going to fill her heart with enough love.
the way they portrayed how she went after the heart surgeon in the Crown showed her to be extremely manipulative,I mean using a friends illness and using your high profile status to access the hospital under the guise of visiting the sick public to get her claws into stalking the Surgeon, I know its different but Jimmy Saville used his status in the same way to lure his victims if there is any truth in this Crown episode it smacks of using one's position and was an abuse that she was willing to partake in, Hardly worthy of the Saintly Queen of Hearts mantra !

• Sick
Reactions: 29
How big was Suits in the US? (I've never watched it) what other show would it be on a par with?
In the UK it was the Dave channel. On Freeview.
In amongst re runs of Red Dwarf and stuff like that.
Then when news broke about her dating Harry another company decided to bid for it and it went to a subscription channel.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Only about 2m viewers when it first aired in the US. It got more recognition after Smegz and Haz started dating.

Even then, Smegz wasn't a main supporting act. She had a very small part per episode...simply used as a filler. How she managed to get $50k per episode is utterly beyond me. If I can bring myself to watch it again, I would time how many minutes she spent on screen.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Harry says they were dedicated to a life of service.
Yes, self service.

You are fooling no one, Ginge.

Harry & Meghan #304 dedicated to a life of self service

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Bloody hell 😳😳😳😳😳

I know this is vacuous. But please, can’t someone give than a lesson in applying makeup?
I thought it was a Halloween photo too!

Though I've known girls who'd wear eyeliner like that. To class. In broad daylight. One day one of them didn't and we all felt like we all were unwell - we had become that used to it 😂 she's now married and a mom of two but still wears as much eyeliner. Meanwhile, I apply pencil liner on the upper eyelid (tried with primer, without, powdered, fixative) or put anything on my lower lashline, I end up looking like a raccoon or an undead within minutes.

One would think that Smegs would be able to afford better, non-smudgey eyeliner. Given that her husband is a Prince with multiple trust funds. Oh but they had to buy furniture on her credit card. Poor destitute Smarkles *sighs*

@Allflightscancelled, not vacuous when she's a former actor, a person in the public eye, her 'fans' rip apart how Catherine looks, dresses and does her makeup to try to make their 'favourite' seem better in comparison (fat chance). And she herself does it too, I'm 100% sure, especially when drinking with her equally bitchy 'besties'. I know the type very well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Btw, in the Sean Attwood video posted earlier.

Samantha says she isn't going to settle, and wants the case to go to trial.
Good. She deserves her day in court and to have the alleged mistruths addressed - even if it just means TW having to explain herself and realise that she can be held accountable. Might have the effect of TW being more cautious when she opens her mouth. (although realistically only gaffer tape will do that job effectively!)

Reactions: 36
I enjoyed suits, noticed Harry did reference her romp in the store room, steamy scenes probably not reproduced with the hunk that is Harold.
Being humped by Mike up against the files was probably the best acting she’d done to date,
Shows she was well used to faking it with men however, her first husband, was there a second before the ginger one?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Marrying a tv actress you used to wank over never works out. Call me old fashioned. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Yes, self service.

Yes, self service.

Self service checkouts please

Reactions: 10
Who the duck is that idiot? What we want is a Royal Family that isn't a reality TV show. Ugh. I feel sorry for ordinary Americans represented by cunts like that. Again, it beats me why these people care so much about Britain? Sort out your own bleeping country and leave us alone.
Too many people I know are watching with enjoyment the dysfunction in the royal family like one watches a train wreck.
I think Charles and the rest of the family are actually worried about what would happen if Harry actually went full blown racial justice and compensation on them. If they did that, huge swaths of the country and the world would be delighted by that message and it honestly would get the Mountbattens of Montecito the attention and platform they crave. Perhaps that is what Harry is thinking of when he’s saying he hasn’t called the royal family racist. There’s an implied yet.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I’m of the opinion they should be invited to the coronation. Stick them in the cheap seats at the back. Keep them away from the RF and don’t invite them to anything else. At least that way they’ve been invited but not included. Keep them at arms length but being the bigger people.
I think what we have to remember is this is their last hurrah. If they are invited - literally it’s the last occasion for decades they will come to. The RF will move on, the Wales kids will get older and more involved. The Harkles will become increasingly irrelevant. I really would rather they don’t come but if they do, it’s a week of bullshit then we’re home free until KC3’s funeral (soz KC3) WHEN WILLIAM BECOMES KING! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Reactions: 31
William was saved by the Middletons. They showed him what a family could be. I think they've done more for the family than is ever stated.
Yes.

Had Diana lived & as has been pointed out earlier, her ‘perfection’ would have waned as we all moved into the digital age & the onslaught of social media - such scrutiny, such high definition. This brings me to Carole Middleton, she is in her middle years & doing well, she has progressed from modest beginnings, applied her self & her family to financial success & most of all built a strong loyal family & a long marriage.

Were Diana still alive, William may not have met or found Catherine appealing, but he did.
Were Diana still alive, I wonder how she’d get on with Carole, the determined self-made steady matriarch?
In many ways. Carole is discernibly opposite to Diana in terms of birth, background, academic achievements, emotional style…need I go on. William chose well when he moved in with the Middletons.

Reactions: 45
The story about the King wanting to reconcile and both sides accept their wrongs originates from the US

Not a UK source!

( Neil Sean )
I think it is a Sussex response to the story that from now on any contact Cali two have with the RF will be through lawyers only.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Not around much but I needed to throw in my thoughts on the

“it’s me, hi, I’m the problem it’s me”
Harry - The Royal Spare Part book

what the flying duck is wrong with that tosser,
and how the hell did he not blow himself up at “war” out of his own stupidity.
The taliban must be laughing at the fact he got home safe and sound only to marry that completely weapon and repeatedly try and hang himself with his own words, while shooting him self in the ginger todger, the bleeping twit.
Charles hasn’t the balls to have him knocked off like Diana so it’s probably down to William or Kate. I have faith in Kate she seems a bad ass witch.
Also, i really do feel for him losing his mum so young but Jesus Christ how much therapy has he had, yet he’s somehow been allowed to make her into an absolute saint who had no faults at all, who was a victim of everyone and everything…… it’s like reading the diary of a 16 year old who lost his mum 4 years ago not a grown ass man with a family and children of his own.
Also, like duck you didn’t realise you released lily’s pregnancy announcement on the same day Diana released his… or whatever that “coincidence” was I’m still not past him seeing his mother in the form of a lion. Always thought that was a lifetime/hallmark movie script.
Poor William, the chapter about is wedding is almost entirely taken up with talk of Harold’s dick. I’d be pissed.
@Oohthedrama, could you be more…iconic?
Splendid post!

Only about 2m viewers when it first aired in the US. It got more recognition after Smegz and Haz started dating.

Even then, Smegz wasn't a main supporting act. She had a very small part per episode...simply used as a filler. How she managed to get $50k per episode is utterly beyond me. If I can bring myself to watch it again, I would time how many minutes she spent on screen.
…& don’t forget the curtsy.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.