Harry and Meghan #286 Haznohope and Sparrowlegs - that's all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the more reason to set a brave example. In all the places I have lived in the USA as an adult, any school would have been sued for sending a little girl home for natural hair. This includes when I was a child, and schools were in the process of intergration . The whole black is beautiful cultural movement helped change the silly notion that only caucausion-ish features were attractive. Then along came Pam Grier, and Leontyne Price (one of the greatest opera singers of the 20th century) and many, many, many others who courageously flaunted their beauty and talent and took no prisoners. I grew up at the end of the whole ''separate but equal' travesty. And yes the stigmas/social mores were terrible. I can't speak for what goes on in other parts of the country, but all the places I have lived as an adult were truly mulicultural with no hair police (sometimes I wish there was a fashion police, however there are days I would definetely be issued a citation).
Alas. This isn’t the case everywhere. There are cases of black girls being sent home over their hair.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
In my opinion, Michelle Obama understood the assignment.

She was the First Lady. Her job was to be the rock of the nation and she did exactly that.

Being the centre of the conversation is unhelpful. If a powerful person walks into the room and the topic of conversation is her/him instead of the issues then she/he has lost the plot. That is one thing that Peg does not understand.

Michelle analysed the situation and made a sophie's choice. Now in her own time, she can wear her hair how she wants to and advocate for her personal causes. I do hope that the US and the world in general start to see all natural hairstyles as a right for women.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The royals would never make a comment to support or deny anything of a political nature the Harkles might choose to support.
I support that. Silence speaks, however, and just like the racism attacks by Haz and Meg, it could be loud. This is why I strongly believe their titles need to be stripped. Maybe they can be suspended due to this issue! If Harry ever apologizes and works again for the family, give him back his title.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Went shopping. Spared no expense! Add what you’d like and FFS! Don’t eat and drink it all tonight, you knuckleheads!! 😆
[/SPOILER ]
What about us plebs?! 🥺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
What about us plebs?! 🥺
I don’t have seniority & can’t make that call, but if it were my decision to make? Hell YEAH, you & everyone would be invited! (I’m guessing exceptions are made for special occasions and special plebes!) 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
(sigh) Driving home tomorrow and leaving my Dad behind 😢 We made some great memories this Christmas, but I’m going to bawl my eyes out when Sadie & I head out in the morning. It had been a year since we’d seen each other, and it may be another b4 we see each other again. It’s always tough being so far away from him, but I am SO grateful we had a beautiful holiday!! (No bad weather anticipated, but throw out positive vibes for my 14 hr drive back, please!)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Hugs to you, I loved my da and we are criers/laughers and huggers. I feel for you. I hope you and Sadie have a safe journey home. You can tell a dog anything and never hear it back. 😂
Edited to Who'sYerDaddy.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
"A man who claims to be the secret son of King Charles has broken his silence on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Netflix docuseries, claiming it "raises some interesting questions".

Simon Charles Dorante-Day, from Australia, has repeatedly gone viral over his wild claims that he is the biological son of King Charles III and Camilla – and has even pushed for a DNA test to be taken to prove it."
View attachment 1839064

As if KC hasn't got enough on his plate, up pops Simon, "Camilla's love-child!"....

ETA Why is he commenting on the Stoat docuseries? They are nothing to do with him and he can't know anything about them.
ETA 2 If IF he is C&C's son, he will share DNA with the Stoat through Charles? Is that right? Hope he doesn't hook up with the Stoats, that would be Armageddon - but odd he's commenting on the Stoat videos. :devilish:
Is he reaching out (as they say in LA) to the Stoats?
Or are the Stoats reaching out to him via Porker?
Spoke in the wheel here would be if the Stoat turns out to be Hewitt's son. That would leave both our Simon and the Stoat high and dry. 🤭 Thwarted again....
Oh for god sake not this idiot again..

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The Huguenots left Europe as they were being persecuted in whichever they came from. We (Brits) benefited from the many skills that they brought with them, particularly their skills in fine furniture making and fabrics. Like many other people over the years.
One set of my cousins are Huguenot descent, they are of a large extended family some of whom still live in the area their ancestors settled in. We have a lovely Huguenot cemetery here.

Reactions: 24
I just saw an interview with Michelle Obama talking about why she never had braids or more natural styles in the White House. She said the topic of her hair and dress was already a distraction from what she was to accomplish regarding kids nutrition. It was a huge scandal when Barack date wear a tan suit. She wanted to pick her battles. She she straightened her hair, wore weaves and wigs. I get it. Little girls today are sent home from school for having natural hair and hair styles. Recently congress tried to pass the CROWN act, a law to people from being discriminated against based on hair texture and styles associated with ethnic/racial background (because it happens) but it failed to pass in the Senate.
Of course and all that is completely understandable. I don’t judge anyone for any decisions they make about their hair or any other aspect of their appearance, particularly given societal pressures. I don’t think there is any set way to behave in life either (apart from being honest and decent etc obviously). Date whoever, hang with whoever. It’s their life and it doesn’t impact on anyone.

However, when some obvious shyster who is only ever motivated by their own gain in any situation, uses racism to manipulate their other half, force through a marriage, as an excuse for quitting the RF when money was the obvious motive, and as revenge against them for not getting their utterly corrupt half-in half-out deal, AND IN THE PROCESS THE WHOLE OF THE UK IS LABELLED RACIST then yes I’m going to have some questions about how genuine it all is, or when things don’t add up.

Don’t you think it’s a bit weird that she’s suddenly started slathering on fake tan like a mad woman for public events after years of looking, frankly, pale AF?

Do you think it’s okay for her to obviously utilise the ‘angry black woman’ stereotype to offset numerous detailed accusations of bullying in Valentine Low’s book (which she hasn’t sued over)?

Is it really okay that she talks about being treated ’like a black woman’ with such distaste?

Check out this quote: “Certain people don’t look at me and see me as a Black woman or a biracial woman. They treat me different, differently I think then they would if they knew what I was mixed with. And I think that is ― I don’t know ― it can be a struggle as much as it can be a good thing depending on the people that you’re dealing with,”

It can be a ‘good thing‘ that people treat her differently because they don’t know she‘s black - is that honestly an okay statement to make? Or ‘If they knew what I was mixed with’…?

Maybe I’ve got this all wrong and I don’t know what the duck I’m talking about but I just find it all hugely problematic. She just uses it when it suits her, like everything and everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Hi, this is my first real post. I have been lurking for many months and have come to think of this group as bar friends. Friends I would love to go to the pub with and have a few pints while we solve the world’s problems. And by world’s problems, I mean — of course — those of the Royal Family. I am huge fan of the RF but see them with real eyes being an American married to a Brit who has lived in both places. LOVED Diana and watched her wedding at 13 and funeral at 29 and saw her for what she was — little bit of crazy there. The Queen is it, though. Bawled my eyes out when she died and just believe she was the epitome of what the monarchy stands for. By stark comparison, the Overseas Two are not. They are everything I abhor about privilege. In short, they threw away their duty and made the last few years of the Queen’s life needless painful with their whining and whinging. They are liars who practice revisionist history and take no blame for their lives. ARGH. I have repeatedly thrown her out of my gender because she makes hard-working women look stupid with her antics. I admire The P and POW for their hard work and dedication and am just watching with extra butter on my popcorn to see how this train wreck comes to an end. As I am in PR/Communications, I have my prediction written down on a piece of paper and sealed in an envelope. I can’t wait to see if I am correct! Anyway, I will be here with all of you, commenting, hopefully adding something worthwhile (or at least funny) and just hating on the Duke and Duchess of Smegness for basically being lying, deceitful a-holes who were mean to an old lady.
Welcome @sassyyankee ooooh I can’t wait to see if your prediction is correct.

Reactions: 19
Greta has a sense of humour, who knew 😂
hahahah… well, she was finally 18 this year so maybe she finally dares to speak for herself (I might be wrong but thought it was her parents until recently). Nevertheless, to stay on topic - I will start to like Greta in a similar convo with gruesome jetsetters.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.