Harry and Meghan #286 Haznohope and Sparrowlegs - that's all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she wants to be a politician. I think she and her “charity” want to wade into partisan social issues like school shootings, gun violence, women’s health/abortion. I worry that by Harry taking a stand, it could pressure others in his family to comment. That would be a mess even if it only added fuel to anti-Monarchy sentiment in just the US.
She doesn't want the work of a politician but she wants the status and the camera. Don't start me on Charities, the more I find out about them the more likely I am to have a stroke. Scum living high on the hog on Charities supported by people of every level of society, I am particularly enraged for those who have big hearts and small pockets who always give thinking they are helping and those in need of help are left there with the name of having received it.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
NBC News just did an “In Memoriam” for all those who passed this last year. There were a LOT of famous ppl who left us and some I didn’t even know had passed.
They saved The Queen for last and gave her a little special tribute. Very touching 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I posted this on another thread but it made me laugh 😂 View attachment 1841685
Seriously though she has someone weaponising her and although he is a prize hole he has gone public on serious crime including child abuse. He said they would come for him and he will never commit suicide. They didn't need a pizza box, he went through passport control. Something to think about.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Because Romeo and Juliette, Anthony and Cleopatra, Troilus and Cressida, Orpheus and Eurydice and Othello and Desdemona are taken. Hmm, notice how the great love stories always end in tragedy - See Johnny and Amber and Brad and Angelina for modern versions. However, we tattlers have always known how it would end. The only great love story I know with a happy ending is Lady and the woman which does not apply.
I’ll play. A modern era one I suggest is Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. What a sad love story they had if you can call it love. It was a very toxic relationship and ended in terrible tragedy affecting a beautiful daughter. I often think of them when I think of the Harkles as their so called love story is built similarly on toxic waste. I just hope their daughter’s life doesnt resemble that of Whitney and Brown’s daughter.

SPOILER
How do you do a bloody spoiler? Re their daughter.

Anyway Whitney Houston drowned in a bath tub, overdosed, suicide??? Tragically her daughter was found in similar circumstances in a bathtub, was in a coma for 6 months but sadly eventually died. Their daughter was always paraded in the public eye and even took place in the Bobbie Brown reality show. I do believe that Whitney and Bobbie did love her dearly but with their toxic relationship and using their daughter for publicity it did play havoc on her, she was only 22 when she died. So tragic. But can you see the similarities to the Harkles?? I can and it scares me for Lili.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Is it really okay that she talks about being treated ’like a black woman’ with such distaste?

Check out this quote: “Certain people don’t look at me and see me as a Black woman or a biracial woman. They treat me different, differently I think then they would if they knew what I was mixed with. And I think that is ― I don’t know ― it can be a struggle as much as it can be a good thing depending on the people that you’re dealing with,”

It can be a ‘good thing‘ that people treat her differently because they don’t know she‘s black - is that honestly an okay statement to make? Or ‘If they knew what I was mixed with’
?

Maybe I’ve got this all wrong and I don’t know what the duck I’m talking about but I just find it all hugely problematic. She just uses it when it suits her, like everything and everyone.
I see that quote as pointing out something problematic in society - not her saying anything negative about being biracial. She’s saying people treated her better until they realized she was half black. When she says it worked out for her - it could have been acting jobs she got because she wasn’t type cast or pigeonholed. It could have been about safety. I admire her for saying this. She’s vocalizing both racism and colorism. There is a huge color issue within the black community.

In the documentary she’s direct in opening up about her own identity journey. I find that admirable and freeing. I’m not biracial so I can’t speak to that but I do know that it’s a common issue to struggle against ideas of “authentic” blackness and to be comfortable being yourself amidst perceptions of black womanhood both by other black people and by the broader society. And I want to be clear that I’m not thinking about racism when I talk about broader society.

Reactions: 3
Off Topic: Does 2022 seem like it's gone on forever? I was looking at the notable deaths article on the Beeb and I swear some of these people died well over a year ago...

I forgot a few of them passed away it came as a shock seeing their faces up there. They’ve forgotten Taylor Hawkins. Loved him he was an amazing drummer and singer. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I’ll play. A modern era one I suggest is Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. What a sad love story they had if you can call it love. It was a very toxic relationship and ended in terrible tragedy affecting a beautiful daughter. I often think of them when I think of the Harkles as their so called love story is built similarly on toxic waste. I just hope their daughter’s life doesnt resemble that of Whitney and Brown’s daughter.

SPOILER

Anyway Whitney Houston drowned in a bath tub, overdosed, suicide??? Tragically her daughter was found in similar circumstances in a bathtub, was in a coma for 6 months but sadly eventually died. Their daughter was always paraded in the public eye and even took place in the Bobbie Brown reality show. I do believe that Whitney and Bobbie did love her dearly but with their toxic relationship and using their daughter for publicity it did play havoc on her, she was only 22 when she died. So tragic. But can you see the similarities to the Harkles?? I can and it scares me for Lili.
As Whitney said in 2002, “crack is whack.” Unless Haz and Meg take up drug addiction, I don’t think they are likely to follow in the path of Whitney and Bobby Brown.

Reactions: 10
Incoming Ambassadors have to be accredited to the Court of St James, since ambassadors are technically the liaison between heads of state, and not between governments ( though their actions are as representatives of their government.) The Monarch receives those credentials in person - would be an interesting point as to whether there is a precedent or mechanism for a monarch to refuse them, because in the unlikely scenario suggested one can hardly see KC doing it.
You've nailed it there hence the year of reconciliation. The US won't send anyone totally unsuitable. Unless of course someone is stirring a big pot somewhere. Chipping away at USA/UK relations.

Reactions: 14
And white kids being excluded from black only events too. It's going backwards. :(
Like school? Obviously nobody should be discriminated based on race! But that’s not exactly what’s going on with the hair situation in schools. I don’t thinks it’s a widespread issue but it does happen.

Reactions: 4
Like school? Obviously nobody should be discriminated based on race! But that’s not exactly what’s going on with the hair situation in schools. I don’t thinks it’s a widespread issue but it does happen.
My friends over the Pond are mentioning it re their high school and college age kids. BLM has a lot to answer for. Anyway, back on topic, the Markles are gonna have a tough 2023. And boy, do they deserve it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
As Whitney said in 2002, “crack is whack.” Unless Haz and Meg take up drug addiction, I don’t think they are likely to follow in the path of Whitney and Bobby Brown.
Ah, but I believe that Hasbeen especially is already addicted to some kind of illegal or legal substance. He always looks stoned out of his brain to me. And if Megabitch doesn’t use her daughter for publicity I’ll eat my hat. Just watch, it’s bound to happen.

• Sick
Reactions: 34

SPOILER

Three dots in comment box, click the down arrow and it gives you options. In-line spoiler greys it out and spoiler is the one where you can type a warning/clue! Leave a space before and after. Put your content in between the square brackets.

Reactions: 18
😃😃 I have just made the biggest Trifle you've ever seen for us for tomorrow night on here 😃😃
There's also plenty of Pepsi Max Ginger cans to enjoy mmmm 😛😛😛😛😛

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.