Harry and Meghan #286 Haznohope and Sparrowlegs - that's all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it sprayed gold?!
I will do so ! How many bowls shall I put out for us all? Will 250 be enough? 😃😃

I have also prepared 1,156 cheese squares with pineapple chunks on cocktail sticks. **

I have gone bozz-eyed now 😆

** I know " certain" tattlers will bring tupperware boxes to secret the food away in 😱😱😵🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
😃😃 I have just made the biggest Trifle you've ever seen for us for tomorrow night on here 😃😃
There's also plenty of Pepsi Max Ginger cans to enjoy mmmm 😛😛😛😛😛
i just watched a holiday show, featuring Mary Berry & the country-wide competition for coming up with the best recipe for the Jubbly (pudding)---- the winner came uip with a fruity mandarin/lemon complicated trifle that had some kinda sponge roll as the base and biscuits as another layer--- i just love trifles... don't understand how "pudding" is defined in the UK, since it seemed to include cake, pie-like creations, etc....

Reactions: 20
Blackness is not about color in the USA. It’s a mix of family lineage and social construct and power relationships. But I’m happy to explain what I meant earlier. Meghan has always known she’s half black but because of where she grew up and being white passing, she wasn’t experiencing the world as a black American woman. It was about family. She wasn’t treated by the world as a black woman. Then when she got with Harry and suddenly being half black became a well known thing. And how she was treated by the world changed. People began speaking about her in charged language and targeted by microagressions all too familiar to black women. In other words, her relationship to blackness, became intimate on a valence wholly different from just family history. Maybe it’s all about skin tone in the UK but that’s absolutely not the experience in the USA.
Thanks for responding I am an Australian so honestly don't understand really how race works in the US or UK, we have our own issues down here mainly with Australian Aboriginals. But I have always felt/believed racism is more of an issue in the US than it is in the UK. What I don't understand about Meghan is the UK and royal family welcomed her with open arms, they fell in love with her from the very start and they knew she was biracial then, so what changed? Sadly I didnt find an answer to this question in the doco.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
i just watched a holiday show, featuring Mary Berry & the country-wide competition for coming up with the best recipe for the Jubbly (pudding)---- the winner came uip with a fruity mandarin/lemon complicated trifle that had some kinda sponge roll as the base and biscuits as another layer--- i just love trifles... don't understand how "pudding" is defined in the UK, since it seemed to include cake, pie-like creations, etc....
Steak & Kidney pudding is an ancient dish so keeps its name as a pudding even though its a savoury meal main course , Yorkshire pudding is the same, served on the savoury main roast meat meal - but usually the term " puddings " in the U.K. mean sweet dishes after the main course.

Bread & Butter pudding
Jam Roly Poly
Spotted Dick
Custard
Trifle
Christmas pudding ( or figgy pudding)
Apple ( or fruit) crumble
Gooseberry Fool
Meringues

All sorts of things like that mmmmmmmmmm

• Heart
Reactions: 23
😃😃 I have just made the biggest Trifle you've ever seen for us for tomorrow night on here 😃😃
There's also plenty of Pepsi Max Ginger cans to enjoy mmmm 😛😛😛😛😛
Pepsi Max Ginger cans! Where can I buy these? I will be visiting the USA in February and I want some😁

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Pepsi Max Ginger cans! Where can I buy these? I will be visiting the USA in February and I want some😁
I'm in the U.K. , not America ... you can buy them anywhere here , they are mmmmmmm😛😛😛

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Steak & Kidney pudding is an ancient dish so keeps its name as a pudding even though its a savoury meal main course , Yorkshire pudding is the same, served on the savoury main roast meat meal - but usually the term " puddings " in the U.K. mean sweet dishes after the main course.

Bread & Butter pudding
Jam Roly Poly
Spotted Dick
Custard
Trifle
Gooseberry Fool
Meringues

thanks--- in this country, the *spotted dick* would be treated with antibiotics before being served.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Like school? Obviously nobody should be discriminated based on race! But that’s not exactly what’s going on with the hair situation in schools. I don’t thinks it’s a widespread issue but it does happen.
Based on the extremely limited knowledge that a quick Google gave me, the problem seems to be that some people are making a statement with their hair, rather than having a natural style. As a male hair is beyond me :), and in certain areas now entirely absent :(, but the few reports that I read suggested that it was hair that contravened school rules that was the problem. I necessarily see no problem with this, school should be for education, not a fashion parade & I see little difference between extravagant clothes & extravagant hair. Most schools here have a uniform policy that also includes hair, fingernails and jewellery & children get sent home for violations.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
thanks--- in this country, the *spotted dick* would be treated with antibiotics before being served.....
It is lovely 😍 sponge ( or suet mix) & sultanas , bit of cinnamon if you want. Hot custard on top is HEAVEN

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I see that quote as pointing out something problematic in society - not her saying anything negative about being biracial. She’s saying people treated her better until they realized she was half black. When she says it worked out for her - it could have been acting jobs she got because she wasn’t type cast or pigeonholed. It could have been about safety. I admire her for saying this. She’s vocalizing both racism and colorism. There is a huge color issue within the black community.

In the documentary she’s direct in opening up about her own identity journey. I find that admirable and freeing. I’m not biracial so I can’t speak to that but I do know that it’s a common issue to struggle against ideas of “authentic” blackness and to be comfortable being yourself amidst perceptions of black womanhood both by other black people and by the broader society. And I want to be clear that I’m not thinking about racism when I talk about broader society.
Well of course she has to toss out a few references to her ‘journey’ because there is duck all evidence of her actually walking the walk so far.

She plays with and uses race when it suits her, and makes unevidenced claims of racism in order to excuse her behaviour, manipulate and harm others, and further her own ends.

It‘s very nice of you to see the good in it all but I’m afraid it’s just more fake self-serving bullshit. And it’s really damaging on lots of levels.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Based on the extremely limited knowledge that a quick Google gave me, the problem seems to be that some people are making a statement with their hair, rather than having a natural style. As a male hair is beyond me :), and in certain areas now entirely absent :(, but the few reports that I read suggested that it was hair that contravened school rules that was the problem. I necessarily see no problem with this, school should be for education, not a fashion parade & I see little difference between extravagant clothes & extravagant hair. Most schools here have a uniform policy that also includes hair, fingernails and jewellery & children get sent home for violations.
if so, maybe it time to change your moniker to *verfugBARE* ???!!

• Haha
  • Heart
What I don't understand about Meghan is the UK and royal family welcomed her with open arms, they fell in love with her from the very start and they knew she was biracial then, so what changed? Sadly I didnt find an answer to this question in the doco.
I dont have an answer. She was welcomed! Not by everybody in the uk and world, however, and it seems like those are the voices that stuck with her. I genuinely think her issue was much more of being a fully grown, independent, adult woman and an American, who saw no reason to conform/adapt to royal family culture and customs.

She felt like there was a double standard in the attention that came from the press. I understand that people in the UK feel like attacking the press by calling them racist, is akin to calling the people of the UK racist. That didn’t occur to me until I learned how people feel here on tattle!

I doubt people think Charles and Wills are racist. Lots of people think their wealth and power grew out of racism but that’s a very different issue and nothing to do with the treatment directed at Meg by the press. She was an idiot for marrying into the RF because she knew that she would be giving up her own name and personal freedom.

Reactions: 14

Bread & Butter pudding
Jam Roly Poly
Spotted Dick
Custard
Trifle
Gooseberry Fool
Meringues

Having looked at the Wikipedia article for pudding
I don't think we know how "pudding" is defined either, it just is...😁

• Haha
Agreed, every photo of him in recent years, he looks off his face on something…
Ah, but I believe that Hasbeen especially is already addicted to some kind of illegal or legal substance. He always looks stoned out of his brain to me. And if Megabitch doesn’t use her daughter for publicity I’ll eat my hat. Just watch, it’s bound to happen.

Reactions: 24
It is lovely 😍 sponge ( or suet mix) & sultanas , bit of cinnamon if you want. Hot custard on top is HEAVEN
so- i will HAVE to try it--- one of my fav desserts is a simple flan with carmelized topping.... thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Having looked at the Wikipedia article for pudding
I don't think we know how "pudding" is defined either, it just is...😁
I didn't understand why on a YT chanel the mum in the Vlog called a chocolate bar bar / smarties, after the dinner, a pudding!

I though pudding was literally a desert, however I was informed it could be anything sweet after a main meal. Still confused as to why they would be called a pudding.:unsure:

• Haha
I dont have an answer. She was welcomed! Not by everybody in the uk and world, however, and it seems like those are the voices that stuck with her. I genuinely think her issue was much more of being a fully grown, independent, adult woman and an American, who saw no reason to conform/adapt to royal family culture and customs.

She felt like there was a double standard in the attention that came from the press. I understand that people in the UK feel like attacking the press by calling them racist, is akin to calling the people of the UK racist. That didn’t occur to me until I learned how people feel here on tattle!

I doubt people think Charles and Wills are racist. Lots of people think their wealth and power grew out of racism but that’s a very different issue and nothing to do with the treatment directed at Meg by the press. She was an idiot for marrying into the RF because she knew that she would be giving up her own name and personal freedom.
I totally agree with you on the point of her being the fully grown adult woman who saw no reason the conform to the culture and customs. She herself admits at various points that she was either surprised or bemused at the actual royal family duties or protocols etc. For me personally I was disappointed that she didnt just hang in there, whether or not the UK public are racists (I totally understand how the UK/everyone finds that just sooo insulting) why couldn't she stick in there and tough it out. Prove to any one that doubted her ability or commitment that she could do the job. Everyone I saw seemed so pleased that a biracial person had married into the royal family, she could have really worked on issues she felt passionate about and helped those in need in the UK, like she did with the Muslim women and their cook book.
The wealth and power of the UK no doubt grew out of their colonising but thats a whole other issue, thats a whole other level of something far different to racism. The more I see and hear about the situation the more I believe Harry is a lot more culpable than we first believed. Either he didn't help her enough or just didn't help her at all. Many of the issues she talks of could have and should have just been handled by Harry, maybe he didn't explain what life would actually be like for her before it all started.
The thing that makes me dislike her so and now also doubt Harrys ability is just that soo many of the stories they tell us just don't make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Just to say; the United Kingdom's Monarchy ( the power and wealth you mention) had nothing to do with racism.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II did more for uniting people of all Nations throughout The Commonwealth than anyone else has.
King Charles III is also now Head of The Commonwealth - 56 Countries around the World.
The Prince & Princess of Wales aren't racist either, I agree.
What meghan and Harry said happened , didn't.
They both lie.
She played the race card here & it blew up in both of their faces. She thought UK society was like USA society. It isn't.
We've never had the segregation that the USA suffered ( and South Africa, etc) & we've never had the racial problems in society ( that said; nowheres Utopia, of course, and you always get a few - that's life & that happens everywhere in the World ) that the USA has.
During WW2 , American servicemen served in the UK & their USAF Police tried to tell British people here, to segregate black servicemen in the shops and pubs etc.
They got very short shrift & soon got put straight ( including their USAF Commanding Officers) by the British that they would not be doing so & that all people in Britain were treated the same & they would not be dictated to over how they should, or should not, treat people.
We won't stand for it.
The United Kingdom is probably the least racist Nation on Earth. I'm not saying its Utopia- nowhere is- but in the main , we all rub along perfectly well together.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.