Harry and Meghan #17 Not Thriving but Skiving.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be interesting to go back and work out when the tide began to turn. I know there were a lot of people online who hated her from day 1 (when their relationship was discovered) and a lot of that was anti-Americanism and this idea that she wasnt suitable (and of course for some of those people it was to do with her race). That was different from what happened with Cressida but I guess social media was very different then. But for the most part the press loved her.

I do often wonder if something went on behind the scenes with the press that pushed them to be more negative. There was the restrictions on the wedding e.g. how much press could be outside etc. And of course Harry's statement from 2016 which I remember some reporters getting annoyed about because they felt tarred with the same brush.

I also find it interesting that she has never met the press pack in private. This is something all royals do from time to time eg when they get engaged or on tours, they usually have a drink with them off the record. There was one podcast I listened to where a reporter said Meghan wanted to do the usual meet up and Harry said no.

This is why it annoys me when people go after the RF and accuse them of not looking out for her. If Harry had prepared her properly, I think things could've been different. Instead he's kept going with this anti-media war and never given her the chance to meet the people behind the headlines.

There is a reason why Camilla is written about so glowingly now, and it's because she put her pride to one side and became friendly with the reporters. They all say she's their fav royal to deal with.
There was a very good blind item when the whole press thing started, it said she was definitely being coached by the family's PR. Well, they would try to, they would talk to her and advise her. She would say yes to their face, think she knew better about everything (media, wardrobe etc) and go and do what she wanted anyway and then be shocked and whinge when it didn't work.

Reactions: 17

Photo of him at the wedding plus mention of him paying towards including the acknowledgement in the wedding literature of his 'generosity'.
I've not seen that before. So many news stories said he didn't go. Really strange why he isn't in any of the wedding photos? Is that the only photo?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else think that Meghan did a number on her 5 friends? I imagine that the scenario entailed her looking teary and upset, getting sympathy and then spilling her problems to them. They were probably all played by her into believing that her family had acted terribly towards her and now she's throwing them under a bus when she most likely manipulated them in the first place.

It's hard to know what to think when it comes to her family. None of them have acted well but Meghan and Harry failed to get them on side at the beginning. I wonder if we'll ever know the truth.
I think Meghan's friends wouldnt have all given a story to the press without her permission. Isn't doing this, just as bad as her family giving stories to the press about her? I presume this group are all now ex friends?

Im not sure what to think about MeAgain's family. We hear such negative things about them all.... but Im not sure if Meagain's one sided view is completely fair? (And a lot of what they have said, has turned out to be fairly true!, I think Princess Pushy is a fair family nickname!)

And I have never worked out why they didn't try to make an effort to get them onside? At a big family wedding like that, why on earth not rent out a big hotel somewhere, invite them all, give them a family section to the side, out of the view of the press, and just let them get on with it. Isnt compromise often the best solution?

Reactions: 12
The comments on Angel Food IG might have been turned off, but this didn’t stop Jamie Lee Curtis jumping on the bandwagon of fawning all over H&M and blowing right up their royal assess with a big Mwah mwah 💋.
What is it with the California mob constantly wanting “to shine a light” FFS!!!
FOR duck SAKE ! There's that feckin' "shine a light" crap again. Is that a hollywood affectation? Like air kissing and "my guys will call your guys".

Anyway, JLC is another bleep and can kiss my generous white arse. #michaelmyersrocks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I've not seen that before. So many news stories said he didn't go. Really strange why he isn't in any of the wedding photos? Is that the only photo?
If you read the article, it says that Tom/Thomas asked the photographer to just photograph the beautiful younger guests!

Reactions: 12
Well nothing says true love like renewing your vows with husband number #2 by copying the same ceremony you had with husband #1!!!! Except Dad paid for and went to that one, right?

Or switch #2 for #3 if you think there was already a previous...
Isn’t he allegedly husband no 3}

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I used to be overall supportive of Meghan (and just kind of whatever with Harry, never liked him). I'll never think Meghan is a "narc" or the wicked witch etc and still think she's a nice person. But the last couple of days have annoyed me.

I agree with you. Her dad's side of the family seem absolutely toxic, that channel 5 interview he did where he was contantly changing his story makes me believe Meghan version of events. Re. them leaving - I do think it was the best thing for everyone.

But the combination of Harry's ridiculous podcast comment and then this letter is really irritating. Yes the media have been OTT and at some points scaremongering - but for once it's actually helpful cos it might get people to stay inside. It sounded like he was trying to say that the British media arent reporting on the good stuff people are doing for each other. There's been no end of positive and uplifting stories. The fact that he used that podcast to shoehorn in a dig at the media is gross. He should just shut up.

As for the statement to the tabloids, they say it was 'necessary' to publish it, was was it really? They couldn't have just waited or just ghosted those newpapers? I agree with their policy and agree that tabloids can destroy people's lives. But once again their timing is quite frankly, stupid.
Nah, they're both cunts. :sick:End of.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Haha! They definitely wanted to do something different and the RF is not the place to do it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the anti-American part ☺ If not anti-American, IMO it was at the very least anti-Hollywood from some people, especially the banana writing thing and her PDA and how mad people went about the bump touching. The tone of it all was 'this is too much' ie 'we're British and we're used to being more reserved'.
I think that this is all a bit subjective. Meghan was criticised (as all the Royal Family are) at times. There may have been some who criticised her that were racist or anti American (a minority) so this can't be entirely dismissed. Let's face it you could be a saint and still have certain individuals trolling you online. Anyone who is famous now faces criticism and the sensible ones don't rise to it, they get on with their lives without making a big fuss. Making a fuss just encourages those who have written things about you because they can see it's having an effect. We don't live in an ideal world where everyone loves you and you won't ever be criticised.

The vast majority of the public and the media welcomed Meghan at first. I firmly believe that most people would have accepted her if she hadn't proved to be a liar and a hypocrite. If she and Harry had kept their heads down and lived a quiet life at Frogmore or in Canada most of the criticism would have stopped. A good example of this is Camilla who faced dreadful attacks when she married Charles but she never complained or made herself a victim, gradually over time most people have grown to like her.

Meghan bailed quickly citing victimhood instead of proving her worth and rising above it. All she's done since is aimed at promoting herself in Hollywood and claiming that she is a victim that's why the majority now despise her.

Reactions: 19
Isn’t he allegedly husband no 3}
That's what I meant with switch #2 for #3 if you think there was a previous 😁 but even if the press have not reported on that, surely someone would have blabbed somewhere and there would be real evidence out there?!

Reactions: 7
That's what I meant with switch #2 for #3 if you think there was a previous 😁 but even if the press have not reported on that, surely someone would have blabbed somewhere and there would be real evidence out there?!
Apparently she was married to a guy she met at college but it was annulled after a week There are references to it online.

Reactions: 8
this is an odd report.....as I totally believe the first part of it, that Archie is cared for by a team of people and has very little interaction with his parents. This is fairly obvious from the photos of Meagain holding her son awkwardly, at the polo match, whilst walking her dogs etc, as if she isn't used to holding babies and young children. Almost all first time parents tend to do it for a few days...but by a few months......they are doing it naturally!

But Im not sure why you would need to pretend to be pregnant? Unless you were perfectly able to carry a child, but were actually too lazy to actually do so. Or too worried about your weight etc ( eg Kim Kardashian) If there was a bona fide medical reason, everyone would be totally supportive!

Reactions: 10
It gets madder,and madder with those two fuckwits! It must be horrific to watch a family member making a bleep of themself. To see Harry acting like a complete knob,and them being so far away from him.He is their Grandson, son, brother after all. Surely to God the time has come for an intervention by BRF. Or will they wait until MM kicks him to the kerb.Then they will pick up the pieces.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Her dad didn't go to her first wedding. He paid for her college and private schooling.. Not sure if he paid for that wedding?
Not true. He went to the wedding and also cashed in stocks to help her pay for it.

Reactions: 16
Haha! They definitely wanted to do something different and the RF is not the place to do it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the anti-American part ☺ If not anti-American, IMO it was at the very least anti-Hollywood from some people, especially the banana writing thing and her PDA and how mad people went about the bump touching. The tone of it all was 'this is too much' ie 'we're British and we're used to being more reserved'.
I didn’t even know anti-American was a thing 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I’m suffering from something I don’t know I’ve got 🤒😷🤕

‘Hides from MO5 😯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It gets madder,and madder with those two fuckwits! It must be horrific to watch a family member making a bleep of themself. To see Harry acting like a complete knob,and them being so far away from him.He is their Grandson, son, brother after all. Surely to God the time has come for an intervention by BRF. Or will they wait until MM kicks him to the kerb.Then they will pick up the pieces.
I keep wondering this as well. Charles must be infuriated and worried about Harry. Who knows perhaps he tries to call him to make him see sense or maybe not. Meghan has certainly done a good job of isolating Harry so that his family have little power over him anymore. I guess that they are all hoping that the marriage will end within the year Harry has been let off the leash.

Reactions: 15
I keep wondering this as well. Charles must be infuriated and worried about Harry. Who knows perhaps he tries to call him to make him see sense or maybe not. Meghan has certainly done a good job of isolating Harry so that his family have little power over him anymore. I guess that they are all hoping that the marriage will end within the year Harry has been let off the leash.
I wonder if someone like Zara Tindall has tried to talk some sense into him? She and Harry were close, but it’s not like having your big brother or your dad telling you off. Zara also seems quite sensible, like her mother.

Reactions: 18
Those UK rags. How very dare they? Dare to tell the truth, and sell newspapers using her important duchessy pictures without giving her a penny She is just pissed off that they won't be her lap dogs, and she isn't earning anything from it, perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Not in the least bit strange. You're reading too many sugar stories.
As he stated, everyone else was under 30, tanned and toned in their swimsuits, while he was 60 and overweight and didn't want photograhed in the swimwear migraine specified on the invite. It's not rocket science.

Reactions: 17
Not in the least bit strange. You're reading too many sugar stories.
As he stated, everyone else was under 30, tanned and toned in their swimsuits, while he was 60 and overweight and didn't want photograhed in the swimwear migraine specified on the invite. It's not rocket science.
Ok no need to be rude to me :oops:

Reactions: 5
Not true. He went to the wedding and also cashed in stocks to help her pay for it.
Yep I knew I had read him state that he had cashed in stocks to pay for it! Not sure which article it was. Along with using his lottery win to pay for her college, his assets came in pretty handy for her.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.