Harry and Meghan #145 Psst, Wanna invest? With a Dook & Dookess? Please feather our nest!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do not think H spoke to Diana on the phone, preferring to play. Someone asked Lady C a question about H's guilt about not talking to his mother the day before she died.
Okay. I don't know why I thought that he was on the phone with her and rushed to get off.

• Sad
Reactions: 12

I think Sunshine Sucks have been reading the thread and have been trawling through Uni friends, or those desperate enough for publicity, to try and negate the rumours of the Duchess of Twuntness being mean at Uni 🤷‍♀️. They obviously think the general public have the IQ of an amoeba!

I have copied and pasted the narrative of the article under the Spoiler for those interested in reading it:

Hollywood actress Lily Rabe - who studied at Northwestern University at the same time as Meghan Markle - said the Duchess was "lovely" when showing her around campus

The Duchess of Sussex studied at top ranking Northwestern University in Illinois - as did American Horror Story actress Lily Rabe.

Meghan was a student between 1999 and 2003, finishing one year before Lily's graduation and was a self-confessed "theatre nerd" before she made her way into television and eventually the Royal Family.

Lily - who spent 10 years playing different chilling roles in the award-winning horror series - recently shared memories of her college years and how she first met Meghan.

She told 9Honey : “She was a few years ahead of me but yes, we had I believe the same acting teacher and met sort of early on when I was a freshman.

“I was introduced by our acting teacher that she would show me the ropes and show me around campus a little bit, and she was very lovely.”

Lily said she has seen Meghan since they first met 20 years ago - but said "not in a while".

Meghan earned a joint Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre and international relations at the prestigious college.

“I had always been the theatre nerd at Northwestern University", the Duchess told Marie Claire in 2013.

“I knew I wanted to do acting, but I hated the idea of being this cliché: a girl from LA who decides to be an actress.

“I wanted more than that, and I had always loved politics, so I ended up changing my major completely, and double-majoring in theatre and international relations.

“By my junior year I had finished most of my credits, and I applied for an internship at the US Embassy, so I ended up working in the embassy in Buenos Aires for a few months.

“It was during their economic devaluation and our Secretary of the Treasury at the time, Paul O'Neill, was there.

“So I'm 20 years old, in Buenos Aires, in a motorcade, doing that whole thing."

Earlier this year college friend Lindsay Roth, defended Meghan amid accusations of bullying - which the Duchess of Sussex has denied.

Lindsay - who now works as a producer and author - posted a defence of Meghan on Instagram in March this year.

She claimed that "goodwill runs in her bones" and branded the royal mum-of-two an "altruistic, magnanimous friend".

Lindsay and Meghan studied together at Northwestern.

She accompanied the defence of her best pal with a picture of the pair at their graduation, and another on Lindsay's wedding day.

"Meg's M.O. has always been kindness; goodwill runs in her bones," Lindsay wrote.

"I know this to be true after 22 years of very close friendship. I have seen firsthand how she treats her friends and their families, and her colleagues."

'She's more than just a cover story,' Lindsay argued.

Her comments came after Meghan hit headlines after accusations of bullying and just before her and Prince Harry's tell-all Oprah interview.

It comes after Meghan was warned to limit her "massively extravagant" spending when she joined the Royal Family.

Jennie Bond, a former Royal Correspondent at the BBC, has previously warned the Duchess of Sussex over her spending and said the public "disliked it".

When Meghan became part of The Firm many were hopeful she would help modernise the Royal Family.

Bond appeared to be aware of how Meghan's spending habits would translate to the public.

In 2019, speaking to Yahoo!Life, she warned the mum-of-two over what she described as her "massively extravagant" spending.

Earlier this week, royal sources revealed the couple will not have daughter Lillibet christened in the UK.

There had been suggestions the couple would return to Britain to have their four-month-old baptised at Windsor Castle like their son Archie, two.

Lilibet Diana, affectionately known as Lili and who is named after the Queen and after Harry's mum Diana, was born in a hospital in Santa Barbara, California in June.

But a palace insider told the Telegraph : “There will not be a christening in the UK. It is not happening."

Another source said it would be “highly unlikely”.

Despite renouncing Royal duties, the couple are still keeping busy.

The pair announced the move on their Archewell website and said the roles would help them "put their values into action".

A statement from the couple said: "When we invest in each other we change the world…

"Be it through the investment of time (as with mentoring), investment in community (as with volunteering), or the investment of funds (for those who have the means to), our choices—of how and where we put our energy—define us as a global community."

One of the accompanying photos was this interesting one:
View attachment 813664

Note, Lindsay Roth is not the actress at the beginning of the article who is saying how saintly the Twuntness was at Uni (barf - looking for exposure much, me dear?) but this delightful female is one of those who accompanied her royal Twuntness to Wimbledon when she cleared the whole area of ticket holders and had her security harass people for taking selfies with players in the background, saying they were taking photos of her. Twunts, the lot of them!!!
Lily Rabe, the actress mentioned in the article, is the daughter of the famous and talented actress, Jill Clayburgh. Her father, David Rabe, is an extremely successful screenplay writer.

Now, I wonder why MM was lovely to her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Okay. I don't know why I thought that he was on the phone with her and rushed to get off.
Lady C's accent is sometimes a bit hard to understand. William was talking to Diana and when they finished Diana asked to speak with H but he said that he wanted to keep playing.
Diana was supposed to collect the boys in a day for the school holidays.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I didn't watch it but the dress Emma Watson (boo hiss, you owe your living to JK Rowling witch) wore is absolutely hideous, terrible taste.

I wonder whose money she donated?
I read somewhere (months ago, and can't remember where, but it was a credible source) that that £/$10,000 donation was profit from the Grenfell Tower Cookbook for which she wrote the preface. Profit from it had gone into whatever their Royal foundation was then called and it was donated from there.

However, I find that extremely hard to believe, since surely that cookbook money would've gone straight to the Grenfell kitchen.

Edited to add: oh well, others have said the same. Story of my life. I'm always late to the party.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
@JAR21 could you please add this to the wiki? I don’t think that we're supposed to know that the sugars are being paid.
Polish_20211018_064427335.jpg

I just looked and the tweet seems to be gone now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
A sign of someone who knows they married the right one, ten years later 😇

I bet William thanks his lucky stars every day that he didn’t marry a viper like his brother did. Kate copped a lot of flack for waiting so long for William to pop the question, but he was very wise to do so. He wanted to make sure she was the right woman for the job, and also that she knew what she was signing up for.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Yeah the podcast is on YouTube, couldn't bear to listen to it. But check out the time frame for the NY podcast, it's 4 hours long! What do they talked about the NY trip that required 4 hours to talk about?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Enjoy your travels Pom @Pom Bear - hope you have a lovely Devonshire cream tea - yummy!

Welcome back @Zippy2000 🤗

I wasn't too keen on William's polo neck jumper last night. It's a shame he doesn't carry himself with a bit more confidence or he could have probably got away with it. Kate looked lovely though.

Also, W&C have both toned down the plummy accents haven't they?

ETA - the phonecall with Diana. I had always read that Harry did speak to her but it was more or less a "Hi, Bye" kind of conversation as he wanted to get back to playing. Now I'm not sure - did he speak to her or not?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
That's what I read as well, he wanted to get back to playing - and he's never stopped 'playing' since - at everything he does.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I added it last night, just after it was posted!
Great thanks. It proves that Smeggy and her PR agency are endorsing these awful people to bring down the monarchy.

I have a feeling that they will be targeting more people on Twitter to erase them. Angela Levin will probably be next in line.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Neil Sean on You Tube cites a source has told him the gruesome twosome are planning their own Christmas message to be broadcast like the Queens. Of course they are, gobshites

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Neil Sean on You Tube cites a source has told him the gruesome twosome are planning their own Christmas message to be broadcast like the Queens. Of course they are, gobshites
Do you think these two release stuff for shitz & giggles??
I genuinely can't think of any reason this crap would be spouted & if it's true, they deserve to be mocked from here to eternity....
Their self importance knows no bounds

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.