Harry and Meghan #144 Trouble in paradise, rows recorded, 21 private jets they boarded.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @planetmirth and @Maggiemaynot for the job offers. I will have to think about them as the hours are long and unsociable. Incidentally, Mr Wicked Lady has just announced that he has an impact driver in the garage which is used on seized nuts. Well, I know an impact officer whose had his nuts seized! 😂
You could just set up a foundation. Register it in Delaware and ask people to donate to it and then you pledge sums of money to charities.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
and the people telling us all to get an electric car......... where does the electricity come from? How are the batteries manufactured? How do we dispose of the old batteries? How do people charge up their car if they live in a property with storeys or with no parking space outside the home?

So many questions.
These questions run through my mind all the time, but we're not allowed to ask them for fear of being shouted down (not here of course). Well said @Chita. Also I am not wasting cheese on my Corsa.xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
These questions run through my mind all the time, but we're not allowed to ask them for fear of being shouted down (not here of course). Well said @Chita. Also I am not wasting cheese on my Corsa.xx
I also have a question about those people gluing themselves to the M25 - what do they want??
And why haven't Harry and Meghan jumped on their bandwagon yet? [Theyd need a lot of glue to get those wide leg trousers to stick to the floor.]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Can the white witches on Tattler please send me some positive vibes for my last nasty examination tomorrow and for the results.

I need all the help I can get please❤❤❤
I'm definitely more of a witch than a witch, but I'm sending you good vibes for tomorrow. 💞

Gashead, how about changing it to-

They want to be Bankers ........ sorry but they're just Firetrucking Wankers

Nod to Jodi Taylor's new book coming out tomorrow.
I love Jodi Taylors books, always preorder them all.

You could just set up a foundation. Register it in Delaware and ask people to donate to it and then you pledge sums of money to charities.
Oh my gosh! Why did no one else think of doing this???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
From Daily Telegraph Business just now:

Inside Ethic, Harry and Meghan's favourite investment start-up betting its future on millennials
The Brit-founded asset manager boasts A-lister endorsements and dogs with job titles, but experts warn its focus on ESG is a big risk

ByJames Titcomb13 October 2021 • 8:07pm

“If you could wave a magic wand to fix one of the defining issues of our time, what would it be?”
So begins an investor's journey with Ethic, the New York asset manager that claims to help wealthy clients “treat people and the planet with respect”. Those who sign up are encouraged to record a 30-second video defining “what sustainability means to you” and spend time acquainting themselves with “your mission’s pillars”.
Founded by three ex-bankers – a Brit and two Australians – Ethic might look like a hippie twist on any number of investment managers seeking to cash in on the booming trend for bets that meet ESG (environmental, social and governance) standards.
It manages a mere $1.3bn (£950m) and its strategy hardly comes out of left field: Ethic's four biggest holdings – Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and Google – are America’s most valuable companies.

Ethic’s website lists around 42 staff and three dogs – “chief smile officer” Byron, and security hounds Roux and Gigi.
But now the New York start-up is betting a sprinkling of royalty will catapult it into the spotlight. This week, Ethic announced the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would join as “impact partners”.
The move marks the latest venture from the Duke and Duchess, who have been involved in a series of technology tie-ups since declaring financial independence from the Royal Family.
Alongside deals with Spotify and Netflix, Prince Harry has joined BetterUp, a Silicon Valley mental health start-up, and the Aspen Institute’s Commission on Information Disorder – a group designed to fight misinformation.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have a range of interests in Silicon Valley, and are now moving into investments

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have a range of interests in Silicon Valley, and are now moving into investments CREDIT: ANGELA WEISS/AFP via Getty Images
“You already have the younger generation voting with their dollars and their pounds all over the world when it comes to brands they select and choose from,” he told the New York Times, suggesting that investing was the next frontier.
How many hours the Sussexes will be putting in at Ethic is unclear: the company said their roles would include participating in company content and events.
They will be investing their own money through the company, however. The couple were also revealed as shareholders in a recent $29m (£21m) fundraising round that valued Ethic at $110m, according to financial website PitchBook.
ESG is one of the hottest acronyms in the investing lexicon. According to Bank Of America, around $3 in every $10 has gone into sustainable funds so far this year as a generation of millennials enter their investing years, hastened by trading apps such as Robinhood.

Ethic doesn’t directly cater to those smartphone-wielding masses, despite its stated ambitions to bring sustainable investing to “many millions around the world”. Access generally comes via a private wealth manager.
“The vast majority of the wealth we help invest is controlled by Boomers and their parents,” Jay Lipman, its 33-year-old British co-founder, told the Telegraph in 2019. “These are the kinds of people who drive a Prius or a Tesla, they recycle, they compost.”

Business Briefing newsletter
Our daily digest packed with news and analysis
While most ESG investing is relatively crude, letting people pick a range of funds that exclude fossil fuel or firearm companies, Ethic says its technology can dig deeply into investments, uncovering links to the tobacco industry, for instance, and allows users to build a personalised portfolio based on what they think are the most important causes.
Prospective customers are asked to curate a “personal mission” by choosing topics such as racial justice, animal welfare and climate change. An algorithm then personalises their investments.
Ethic was founded in 2015 by Lipman – who attended privately-owned Epsom College in Surrey and studied at the University of Edinburgh – and Australians Doug Scott and Johny Mair. All three are former Deutsche Bank employees.
(L-R): Johny Mair, Doug Scott and Jay Lipman from Ethic Investment

(L-R): Johny Mair, Doug Scott and Jay Lipman from Ethic Investment CREDIT: Emma Smith
Its New York office bears typical hallmarks of a tech start-up: ping-pong tables, kombucha and tie-dye t-shirts.
While it does not disclose customer figures, it is believed the average client invests roughly $2m, suggesting it boasts less than 1,000. A significant number of those, however, are believed to be high-profile: celebrities, actors and sports stars.
Alongside the Sussexes, investors include American actor Ashton Kutcher, while many other famous, though anonymous, people are believed to be backers. According to Meghan, the pair were introduced to Ethic through a friend, believed to be among its A-list clients. Lipman apparently sealed the investment from the Duke and Duchess at their $15m mansion in Santa Barbara.
One slightly less glitzy backer is Theo Osborne, the brother of former chancellor George Osborne. His venture fund 9YardsCapital, which George later joined as a partner, invested in 2019.
Despite the sustainable shine, one Ethic customer says its genius lies partly in tax efficiency: its software smartly takes advantage of opportunities for “tax loss harvesting”, a technique that lets people sell loss-making investments to limit the taxes on other gains.
Early investor Sheel Monhot says: “They are just incredibly bright… some of the best financial modellers that I know.”
He indicates the company could launch a service for everyday consumers at some point in the future, capitalising on the investment app boom that has valued Robinhood at $35bn. “The goal is to ultimately make it easier for everyone to invest in line with their unique values.”
That, however, would rely on the craze for sustainable investing continuing. Lipman says ESG is ultimately a good investment: board diversity prevents groupthink and ethical firms suffer from fewer lawsuits.
But not everyone agrees. “There's a 100pc chance that this entire ESG space will end up in a bubble, eventually,” says Joachim Klement, an investment strategist at Liberum Capital. “The upside is basically subject to whatever your fantasy may imagine. We have no test case of how these things react in a proper recession.
“Expectations for the future will grow to unrealistically high levels.”
A soaring market in recent years means sustainable investing has so far proved profitable. Klement says the true test of ESG – and, therefore, of start-ups such as Ethic – will be when that is not the case. Should that happen, the Sussexes' new project may need all the star power they can provide.

ETA I like the way it says 'lie' behind the pic!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I also have a question about those people gluing themselves to the M25 - what do they want??
And why haven't Harry and Meghan jumped on their bandwagon yet? [Theyd need a lot of glue to get those wide leg trousers to stick to the floor.]
Run them over.😡😡

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My skills in photo editing are very basic, but you get the idea.

Lessons in dressin'
It's really quite simple.
What a difference a hemline makes.........

meghan white dress different lengths.JPG

meghan navy dress different lengths.JPG

• Heart
Reactions: 44
And again, ignore my crap photo editing and just see how much better she could have looked.............

meghan red suit in NYC.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Laughed myself silly on this one.

Highlights:
3) Avoid drama
5) Make sure your wardrobe fits

Quote: What a difference a hemline makes.........

And a paper bag over the face, oh well. Those photos make me lean towards real weight gain, not fat suit. Look at the difference in the legs above the knobby knees. I also think her arms look bigger.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
And again, ignore my crap photo editing and just see how much better she could have looked.............

View attachment 809152
I agree with all your improvements to Smeggy's wardrobe.
A tailored red suit might be passable but not my taste.
I hate those wide leg trousers. Kate wears them better of course, but they're still hideous 🤮 and terrible in the winter if it's wet soaking up the dirt.

• Heart
If this pair of knobs gave a tinker's toss about sustainable or ethical investing, they'd be funneling their money into microfinance in the developing world. Something along the lines of the Grameen bank in India and Bangladesh: they give micro-loans to the poor, especially women, at very low interest rates leveraging "social collateral" (basically peer pressure) to ensure the loan is repaid. It lets many women who would otherwise have no access to credit get small businesses off the ground, at these kind of enterprises generally have very high rates of success.

If you're even halfway intelligent and have the resources, there are indeed (fairly) ethical ways you can invest money that aren't charity per se. But that means caring enough to actually do the research yourself, rather than throwing cash at Deutsche Bank hipster poseurs just to tell you what a Saint you are.

God, they're such knobs...

P.s. @Nuttynana I hope you're well!! GOOD VIBES ❤
Don’t be silly - that would involve actual work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Laughed myself silly on this one.

Highlights:
3) Avoid drama
5) Make sure your wardrobe fits

Quote: What a difference a hemline makes.........

And a paper bag over the face, oh well. Those photos make me lean towards real weight gain, not fat suit. Look at the difference in the legs above the knobby knees. I also think her arms look bigger.
The fat suit suff is nonsense IMO.
She's too vain to do that.

I bet she wishes that she still had the stylist who worked on Suits. It's the only time she ever looked decent.

Reactions: 34
@Nuttynana

A cat hug to make Tom jealous as a catfight can be good to divert attention.

Screenshot_20211013-234759.png

My impacted wisdom teeth are like earrings.
Only got the right side in this photo.
However make the most of it it's the only picture you'll ever see of me.

View attachment 808578

Sorry to quote myself but I just though.... Dadadadedededeeeehhhhhhhh (that's a fanfare)

This photo of my x-ray is The Me You Can't See!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
"That guy she was married to the first time" pity Thomas Markle didn't give a name.... Was it Trevor or the alleged annulment guy? Too little information... But we could have guessed the bit about "walking all over" him

Reactions: 24
I’ve been thinking about the people trapped in her knees…has anyone seen or heard from Trevor recently?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.