Harry and Meghan #104 Genetic resentment, verbose discontentment and bashing the First amendment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
blind gossip says the RF is just gonna freeze out 6th and wife. it’ll be interesting to see if it that really is the strategy. guess we’ll find out when the dolly is born.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Have they bragged about what gifts they've exchanged yet or will we have to wait for those extra chapters in the book?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Have they bragged about what gifts they've exchanged yet or will we have to wait for those extra chapters in the book?
I hope he's given her a tit load of new plates and cups... She must have duck all left from smashing them every day during her and Hawwy's tantwums!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
blind gossip says the RF is just gonna freeze out 6th and wife. it’ll be interesting to see if it that really is the strategy. guess we’ll find out when the dolly is born.
I think it’s begun already. It’s what they do best, tbh and I think it’ll be the best way to sort them. The terrible twosome will eventually self implode and life will just go on.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
As an American I am extremely confused by the First Amendment comments. First of all, we all understand here that the First Amendment is not JUST freedom of speech, correct? I’m sorry if that’s already been pointed out, I have trouble catching up after a few days without reading.

The First Amendment also protects Freedom of Religion, Freedom of Assembly, and Freedom to Petition the government. Is his understanding of it really that simplistic? I understand that maybe that is not information that is taught is the UK or retained past school for most people outside the US but surely a prince of the UK would at least at some point in his life been aware of that. Or maybe he thinks those things are bonkers too? And I can’t speak to whether or not it is less difficult to bring a libel suit against press here in the US but we do have those laws in place, the First Amendment on its own does not prevent suits of that nature. In its original writing it was meant to protect censorship of the press by the government, primarily meaning that the government can’t prevent the press from writing negative things against the government.

It is SO annoying how little people understand the First Amendment (meaning people who live here in the US, I don’t have the expectation that people from other countries fill brain space with our constitution). People here will say obnoxious/bigoted/lewd things publicly and then say the First Amendment protects them. It protects you from government persecution, yes, not from consequences to your actions. Harry is basically claiming that it is ‘bonkers’ because he understands it on that simplistic a level, that our First Amendment is a free pass for any American to say any horrible thing they want without any consequences.

More to the point why speak on something that you have not done even cursory research into. A simply Googling of ‘First Amendment’ would surely tell you that it is not exclusively about Freedom of Speech.

Sorry for the rant but that is so extremely stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
The more I read responses on Twitter in relation to their latest PR move the more I’m convinced they’ve got a bot farm working for them and actively undermining the Royal Family.
The responses are too pat and polished in their digs at the family but often awkward English too. Bad faith actors , manipulating public opinion either at m and h instigation or a more sinister motive to undermine the RF by other players?
Alarming.
Is there any chance this could be originating from the UK itself....Republicans? Would the Labour Party stoop so low? We always assume the US is behind sinister stuff like this...but I just started wondering at Melbournecritter's remarks about efforts to undermine the RF,,,could it be coming from within the UK ?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
As an American I am extremely confused by the First Amendment comments. First of all, we all understand here that the First Amendment is not JUST freedom of speech, correct? I’m sorry if that’s already been pointed out, I have trouble catching up after a few days without reading.

The First Amendment also protects Freedom of Religion, Freedom of Assembly, and Freedom to Petition the government. Is his understanding of it really that simplistic? I understand that maybe that is not information that is taught is the UK or retained past school for most people outside the US but surely a prince of the UK would at least at some point in his life been aware of that. Or maybe he thinks those things are bonkers too? And I can’t speak to whether or not it is less difficult to bring a libel suit against press here in the US but we do have those laws in place, the First Amendment on its own does not prevent suits of that nature. In its original writing it was meant to protect censorship of the press by the government, primarily meaning that the government can’t prevent the press from writing negative things against the government.

It is SO annoying how little people understand the First Amendment (meaning people who live here in the US, I don’t have the expectation that people from other countries fill brain space with our constitution). People here will say obnoxious/bigoted/lewd things publicly and then say the First Amendment protects them. It protects you from government persecution, yes, not from consequences to your actions. Harry is basically claiming that it is ‘bonkers’ because he understands it on that simplistic a level, that our First Amendment is a free pass for any American to say any horrible thing they want without any consequences.

More to the point why speak on something that you have not done even cursory research into. A simply Googling of ‘First Amendment’ would surely tell you that it is not exclusively about Freedom of Speech.

Sorry for the rant but that is so extremely stupid.
That was really enlightening and well explained, thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I have noticed that too.
When people have opened up about personal feelings/mental health struggles others have rushed to post very supportive and insightful words.

Im really struggling today.
I call it an Eeyore day - as if Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh has put his damp, depressing cloud of gloom onto me and I am lost under the weight of it, struggling to do anything because I feel life is so hopeless.
Mainly because of lockdowns affecting my work prospects and causing money worries and keeping us isolated.
Then to have Harry banging on rubs salt in the wounds.

Reading all the witty comments here is a real distraction and helps a great deal.
Tattlers are here for you

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I did not listen to the 90 minute Dax show. How did Dax and Monica respond to Harry's bonkers comment? Did they support it? Shouldn't they as americans challenge or correct him?

Reactions: 14
[
Thank you Freda the support today has been wonderful from you Tattlers🐈🐈🐈

Since I am doing this today I feel much better, just sad. Harry is still a cun t and she s a cuntess that makes me angry and also feel betterxx
Sorry for your loss. Our pets are always part of the family so we are very sad when they go even if it’s old age . It doesn’t matter we miss them so I do know how you must be feeling. Take care
PS the only reason I mentioned old age is because a friend said that to me when our dog Josh passed away and it was not any comfort to me although they didn’t mean to upset me of course.

I thought it wasn't due until late june!?
How do we know. They haven’t given us any real due date. I think it won’t matter when baby girl arrives, they will make the announcement when it suits them. The baby girl could be one before we actually see the back of her head in black and white of course.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I've just seen this beauty on Tumblr. Sorry, can't resist.

I've just seen this beauty on Tumblr. Sorry, can't resist.

What in the actual hell with all this weird ass fan “art”? From whence do they draw such inspiration? Who sits down at their easel and thinks “By George, I think I’ve got it! I’ll paint a lovely picture of those wretched Sussexes!”? Can’t they stick to more tried and true artistic subjects, such as bereft weeping Jesus, two dimensional bowls of slowly decaying fruit, mighty ships being tossed about on angry seas, or dogs playing poker?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Yankee Wally mentioned something called Karpman's Drama Triangle but didn't explain it.

Very simply it is a model of human interaction and communication with the roles of Persecutor, Rescuer, and Victim. İt's a mindset that makes everyone feel bad. No6 and Wife are locked into it and it's them to a tee. Reactive-driven by hurt, fear and insecurity.

Counselling aims to change the negative mindset to a positive model called the Winners Triangle. The roles become Assertive, Carer, Vulnerable. To get there it involves boundaries, awareness, accepting the word 'no'.

Didn't want to bog the thread down but worth a google if you are interested in the psychotherapy side of things. Quite a maelstrom mess if you add in the personality disorders they have between them, and unresolved trauma from their lived experiences and truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
A nice gesture. However

Who is going to build it with the current infection rate and how long will it take?

A building isn't what they need in India right now. By the time it is built, equipped and manned how many months is that going to be?
Better still how much of the cash is going to launder through their foundation. The admin costs will eat up the cash for sure. It’s all fake.

HRH The Duchess could wear sackcloth & Ashes AND STILL look bleeping Gorgeous :m :m :m
She looks great. I love that dress and red really suits her. She is very thin though but to be expected with all the stress of late. She seems to lose weight when stressed whereas I comfort eat so pile it on. Oh well.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Can I just say- i never believed in Karma more than today.
And I believe the fact that they thought today was a good idea for the announcement speaks volumes to how H&Ms pregnancy reveal was perceived after all.
Yes it tells the true story doesn’t it. The true story that the York’s are not besties as megabitch likes to make out. Maybe they were once, a long long time ago but not now. Thank goodness, I was hating the idea of the York’s being on team Haz.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.